As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I managed to find The House yesterday.

It rolled with Adept and Determined.

I'm thinking roll off Adept for the armor damage talent

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    A nice thing about being new to the game is that I don't yet know enough to be disappointed when a mediocre exotic drops. UG today yielded a Medved and 2 Liberators, and I was so excited every time.

Also I finally faced some Hunters and Hoo Boy they are some nasty customers.

That's a good feeling. Enjoy it! <3

I got and extracted a Big Alejandro from the DZ of all places, but a new-new exotic, at last! I think that I prefer DZ 6+ to do stuff as I'm less likely to encounter issues with players there. DZ 09 must smell horrible.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Big A is fun because it lets you make builds around it. Lone star and striker are both so good with it. I can't wait for a loan star 6pc with it.

It just melts everything if I'm running solo.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    i-w252xGN-2100x20000.jpg

As a Shield dude, fuck those Axe guys.

• Options
    Kinda wish Live would bring back the "Avoid" functionality. Though I imagine the alternative is for me to just stop going into the DZ (again). the upside is at least now there is plenty of stuff to do with a chance at better loot now than before...

but I also vaguely remember being able to change DZ instances somehow if one was full of stupid full squads ganking and such.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    When does the event start?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow at 12 CET-ish iirc. Euro lunchtime anyway

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    A day and 1.5 hours from now.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I managed to get up to WT2 just by running a few missions with pubbies. The daily challenges seem to ping really fast on the matchmaking. I haven't been able to hook up with anyone PA wise, stars haven't aligned quite right yet.

I haven't really been paying attention to builds or stats, so much as just getting my gear score up as fast as possible, i figure until I can hit higher WT levels that's the way to go.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I managed to get up to WT2 just by running a few missions with pubbies. The daily challenges seem to ping really fast on the matchmaking. I haven't been able to hook up with anyone PA wise, stars haven't aligned quite right yet.

I haven't really been paying attention to builds or stats, so much as just getting my gear score up as fast as possible, i figure until I can hit higher WT levels that's the way to go.

@MagicPrime I should be on this evening (MST). We should be able to get you to WT5 before the global event starts tomorrow, which should give you a good chance to grind out some decent gear.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I spent a whole day playing video games this weekend - a rare treat for me! Played The Division ALL DAY on Saturday and gained another 4 DZ levels. I'm amassing a pretty hefty collection of Div Tech. About how many will I need if/when I finally decide to start leveling and get into the "optimize" end-game? Will I only need the gold "high end" Div Tech, or will green and blue stuff be used as well?

I've set a limit for myself that when I hit DZ level 29, I'm going to switch back to the PvE game and finish it up. Maybe another week or two (at the rate I play)....

26904.png
  • Options
    Being that optimization requires 50 DT a pop... a ton more.

Though you should really only optimize gear that you really, really want to keep, and recalibration is probably a better way to get closer to where you want to be for a lot of the stats anyway.

I think it only uses gold tech, which you can upgrade the green/blue stuff too? I haven't seen lower quality tech in ages.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I spent a whole day playing video games this weekend - a rare treat for me! Played The Division ALL DAY on Saturday and gained another 4 DZ levels. I'm amassing a pretty hefty collection of Div Tech. About how many will I need if/when I finally decide to start leveling and get into the "optimize" end-game? Will I only need the gold "high end" Div Tech, or will green and blue stuff be used as well?

I've set a limit for myself that when I hit DZ level 29, I'm going to switch back to the PvE game and finish it up. Maybe another week or two (at the rate I play)....

You need gold DivTech to optimize, but IIRC you can up-convert your lower quality materials so they're not completely wasted. Optimization is the end-game tail and thus not something you'll be able to "complete" - it costs 50 DivTech + credits (250k?) for one round of optimization, and to completely maximize one piece of gear will require multiple rounds of optimization.

In my personal experience, you get more bang for your buck by optimizing guns before armor.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to @iron weasel for the power Lv. Hit wt5 yesterday morning and got to gs 277 and now have 4pc alpha crest and 4pc final measure sets. Just need better weapons to build around.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    I'm so close to having 6 set classifieds

I have 5 striker, 5 reclaimer, 5 Sentry's Call

and those are just the ones I've made a list of. I have several others that are at least 4 out of 6.

• Options
    I think I just did a challenge mission with someone that ganked me in the dark zone. not sure what to think of that.

• Options
    I think I just did a challenge mission with someone that ganked me in the dark zone. not sure what to think of that.

I've grouped up with lots of people I've ganked and got ganked by back when this 1st cameout. One of em showed me some awesome escape routes and ambush spots.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Much thanks to @squall99x for helping share and extract a piece of classified reclaimers from a roguey-as-fuck dz. Ended up splitting up to pop two separate extraction points simultaneously, with me running distraction on the point closest to the active manhunt. Was crouched behind cover watching a full group of rogues run by not 10 seconds after he extracted from his zone.

Fun times.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    As someone who casually restarted not long ago, what should I be spending Phoenix Credits on? I assume Mod blueprints will come in handy, and I've reached WT5.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    First Survival extraction!

Thanks @ObiFett and @Trojan35 !

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That was a marathon. Took it nice and slow. Probably too slow, really. Looking back I was taking us on a solo pace when I think working as a group we could've hit the dark zone much much earlier.

Gotta be less cautious next time we do group Survival.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    That was a marathon. Took it nice and slow. Probably too slow, really. Looking back I was taking us on a solo pace when I think working as a group we could've hit the dark zone much much earlier.

Trick is to not go too fast which is to say still realizing a lot of things can kill even a group of players. I've seen a lot of dead player groups at the edge of the DZ because they thought they could take on a LMB elite group near the entrances. Scavenging those groups became one of my frequent sources of gear before entering the DZ.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Trick is to not go too fast which is to say still realizing a lot of things can kill even a group of players. I've seen a lot of dead player groups at the edge of the DZ because they thought they could take on a LMB elite group near the entrances. Scavenging those groups became one of my frequent sources of gear before entering the DZ.

I know there isn't much certainly in life outside of death and taxes, but I've done survival enough that I pretty much have a fool-proof method for extracting every time, for each possible starting area. It's lengthy and I'm sure I'd forget details while not doing it, but if anyone (PC side) wants a sherpa to get you up to speed, I'd be down for helping.

• Options
    I like survival in theory. In practice it's much too slow. And sometimes you get stuck behind someone else's route and see like zero loot or enemies.

Also o discovered the power of nomad two set as a compliment to other non classy sets. I use it wig lone star and tact on my builds. Get a gun with predatory and you can heal so much just by killing. I have like 20% health on kill and another 35 or whatever over time. Makes solo play so much easier.

Also realized that talents that reduce skill cooldowns also reduce signature skills now. So my tact build always has my Rez up.

And I got a deadly 280 house drop last night! Woo.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I like survival in theory. In practice it's much too slow. And sometimes you get stuck behind someone else's route and see like zero loot or enemies.

Also o discovered the power of nomad two set as a compliment to other non classy sets. I use it wig lone star and tact on my builds. Get a gun with predatory and you can heal so much just by killing. I have like 20% health on kill and another 35 or whatever over time. Makes solo play so much easier.

Also realized that talents that reduce skill cooldowns also reduce signature skills now. So my tact build always has my Rez up.

I think my PR is 23 minutes, flat. Not because I was trying, either; I was told by the war department (wife) that we had to be out the door to meet some friends by a certain time.

• Options
    edited January 2018

I think my PR is 23 minutes, flat. Not because I was trying, either; I was told by the war department (wife) that we had to be out the door to meet some friends by a certain time.

Yeah, I watch streamers extract really quickly and its because they have the map basically memorized. I've played Survival sparsely enough that even if I'm familiar with a section of the map, I still discover new loot in and around the area. So I am super slow even at my best. My plan when solo is to:

1) Get in full blues, max(ish) clothes, with a couple skills, and plenty of mats by hitting up as many outer edge landmarks/crashes as necessary and looting everything in between.
    2) Hit yellow/purples near the DZ to get some decent purple gear.
    3) Take my sweet time in the DZ to get geared out enough to take on the hunter.

I made the mistake of basically following the same pattern in the group last night. But by the time it came to do 2, we had very little meds and time left so we skipped 2 and had to really shorten 3. In hindsight we spent waaaaay too long on 1. Some of it was due to trying to give Shad a feel for the gamemode and dealing with D/C issues from Trojan but it was mainly me being too cautious. If I could do it again, we'd shorten 1 considerably, actually do 2 and spend more time doing 3. I think that would have gotten us more points and been more lucrative in the end.

Either way it was a blast. Survival as a group is a completely different beast and fun to do with friends. Less stress for sure. Also, there were much fewer people on the map. I think we must've started with maybe 12 players total which is the lowest I've ever seen. The lowest I've seen solo was closer to 30.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Its even better with ninjabike. The constant regen of the 3 slot ability is real nice

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I definitely plan on doing more survival myself. Only played it twice so far. First time I died early on but second time I managed to be the fourth person extracted and that was a pretty long run.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Got my 1st classified last night lone star knee pads. Enjoying the free reload with 2 lmgs last night.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    I managed to get a 6 set of Sentry's Call yesterday. Still needing 1 or 2 more pieces for various sets.

I haven't put together a sentry's call build yet because of how the set bonus works - only with semi-auto weapons. Meaning... most Marksman rifles, the exotic AR Urban MDR, some (most?) pistols and.... I'm not sure what else.

I don't have Urban MDR. I did have one but it was from like, World Tier 1 and thus useless to me so I sharded it.

I do have various marksman rifles but I don't really wanna go double Marksmans.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Sentry works with pump shotguns (ie the Super90) as well. I've not used it as a set though, but apparently it's not bad.

Got a couple of GE caches, couple of bits of TA, couple of Alphabridge, but got a Big Al so I am happy even if nothing else drops.

This even is definitely odd in that the higher tiers only have downsides, but then again the full buff is crazy, getting 100k headshots with an AR so it's not like it could be pumped up that much further really

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Finally played Resistance yesterday, twas pretty fun. Group fell apart at wave 8, but still. I can see myself going there more often.

Need to put together a loadout that's not 4 nomad 2 lone star (SMG/LMG consumes all the ammo) though. IDK what to run with though.

Slight craving for more fire(crest). But need more ways to get incendiary grenades though.

• Options
    Finally played Resistance yesterday, twas pretty fun. Group fell apart at wave 8, but still. I can see myself going there more often.

Need to put together a loadout that's not 4 nomad 2 lone star (SMG/LMG consumes all the ammo) though. IDK what to run with though.

Slight craving for more fire(crest). But need more ways to get incendiary grenades though.

Ammo Support Station is so crucial in Resistance that I've started just always running Reclaimer in there.

• Options
    I have a reclaimer loadout that I can switch to whenever the group doesn't have one in resistance. It makes things so much more manageable.

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Just went through the whole playerlist top to bottom and added anyone whom I didn't already have on my UPlay account. Absolutely looking to get back into some shenanigans - DZ, Incursions, Survival, whatever. Just drop me a line if I'm playing and I'm there. (KrylonBlack on UPlay.)

• Options
    Yeah if you're running resistance re supply heal box is almost a must have.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Yeah, two of four were running it in my run, so I didn't use it as it seemed super redundant at that point. also didn't feel like taking off smart cover.

• Options
    btw how is the global event?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Survival lets you play more aggressively when you know the maps better or are willing to take some chances. Others with more experience in the mod point out that being more aggressive early can give you a big jump start on gear to speed up the rest of the match and if you die early from doing so, you can just queue up again anyway without having lost much time.

Likewise knowing the map lets you more easily shift your route when you see you're behind someone else's chosen route. Or hit up places few people check. If someone's cleaned out everything in a straight path down the street, they almost certainly didn't loot the subway tunnels or sewers.

Still, I tend towards the slow and steady approach. I don't play the mode for efficient rewards, those are just bonuses.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    btw how is the global event?
    Ambush is a neat mechanic, and the Strategic modifier that DOTs players who are too close together is a good way to identify potatoes masquerading as gamers ("for God's sake, get away YOU ARE LITERALLY KILLING ME").

I ran the Event missions (still have to do Dragon's Nest), but so far, good ol' Challenging Lexington still seems to be king, since you get 750 GE bucks every run - and that's with the basic Ambush that is strictly beneficial. Once you get into a rhythm with your group, you can earn 2-3 of the good caches per hour.

Also, I got the Bug gas mask, and I'm halfway to another.

Edit: While my GE caches have so far been disappointing (4 Firecrest masks in 6 caches - f'real??), one of my Field Proficiency caches coughed up a Warlord. I sincerely want it to be good, because Gold AK, am I right?

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227