As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] 2017 goes to 8,760 hour time limit draw

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Gonna be completely honest. Yeah, I enjoyed most of Enzo's work, especially when he was teamed with Cass.

All that said, I'm pretty comfortable saying fuck Enzo Amore, fuck Enzo Amore/Eric Arndt into the sun.

Transporter on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Good fuckin' riddance

CYpGAPn.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm predicting WWE will do a Cruiserweight Royal Rumble on the preshow to crown the new champ.

It really hinders all the cool stuff Cruiserweights can do and makes them wrestle like everybody else with the match rules, so I think it's got a good chance of happening.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Here's my two-fold prediction:

Elimination Chamber is a RAW PPV, so they'll do a Cruiserweight Elimination Chamber to crown a new champ.

They'll get Neville back.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Now give Drew the title

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    My prediction of Drew making a rumble appearance and greasing the ring posts is closer to reality.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Elimination Chamber is a RAW PPV, so they'll do a Cruiserweight Elimination Chamber to crown a new champ.

Pretty sure a big reason for Neville refusing to come back is being stuck as a cruiser so I wouldn't bet on it.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

A cruiserweight EC would fucking rule. I would so be down with that.
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Pretty sure a big reason for Neville refusing to come back is being stuck as a cruiser so I wouldn't bet on it.

I think the bigger reason was that the CW division as a whole was so disrespected, and that fact was taking money out of his pocket (for example, being left off the Wrestlemania DVD, which cost him royalties). He might be OK being the King of the Cruiserweights if that position came with the money and prestige it should.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I've never seen being a cruiser being reported as part of why Neville was unhappy. I've seen that he didn't like the pay, he didn't like the travel, he didn't like being asked to wrestle hurt and sick, he felt that he was seen as a get-over guy, he was unhappy with the WM match being moved to the main card... OK, maybe they won't get him back, but I think they could.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Magell wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Now give Drew the title

You have horribly misspelled Cedrick Alexander

And that's a horrible way of misspelling Mustafa Ali

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I legit immediately thought that post meant Drew Galloway which is why I agreed with it. Drew Gulak is definitely an acceptable substitute though.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    Holy shit. I think TJP is now the only Cruiserweight Champ that’s still active with the company. (Kendrick being injured)

Tozawa

Kalisto

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Mustafa Ali deserves the belt but I wanna see him defeat a big bad to get it

Have Hideo win and be the big bad for Ali to conquer

CYpGAPn.png
    The worst part about the Cruiserweight Title's booking so far has been them building up big bads and never letting a good guy conquer them. They kept building up a good guy. Let them win the title for a week or day then lose it right back. It made the heel seem less dominant and the short reign meant nothing as the rematch usually meant the feud was over.

• I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    http://www.wwe.com/article/enzo-amore-released?sf180033371=1

Alright, well, that story just got more credible.

I do have to admit, I didn't find the original story credible, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to come off as victim blaming. With the police involved, and WWE firing Enzo unceremoniously before the investigation is even finished, though, it definitely sounds a lot like Enzo is a complete scumbag.

Some semblance of various parties' stories in all this are/were available, and from what's publicly known this was varying levels of awful. The best-case scenario (and to be 100% clear here, I'm saying this from a legal/PR perspective, not a "maybe he's NOT a scumbag" perspective) was Enzo was involved in a shit ton of drugs and compromising situations that in no way was anyone, himself included, actually denying being involved in. This wasn't a "did he do something or not" story; it's a "are police going to be able to declare there's enough evidence of anything" situation. And even if they don't, how on earth would WWE want that attached to them for the next few months.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The worst part about the Cruiserweight Title's booking so far has been them building up big bads and never letting a good guy conquer them. They kept building up a good guy. Let them win the title for a week or day then lose it right back. It made the heel seem less dominant and the short reign meant nothing as the rematch usually meant the feud was over.

The big bads/potential big bads keep leaving or (now) getting fired. Neville, Aries, and Amore never really got to play out the entire string on their CW runs.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Aries was a face though...hard as that is to believe.

Mwx884o.jpg
    Sprout wrote: »

The big bads/potential big bads keep leaving or (now) getting fired. Neville, Aries, and Amore never really got to play out the entire string on their CW runs.

They did have time because they did the fakeouts with both Neville and Amore losing, but never committed to the new champs. But, yeah that hasn't completely been on WWE's end.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Apparently Enzo was being investigated since October and told no one. Absolute scumbag.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Apparently Enzo was being investigated since October and told no one. Absolute scumbag.

Yeah from what the internets are now saying, Enzo legit just didn't tell WWE he was part of a three-month rape investigation and they literally found out about it two days ago. If that's the case, the nicest thing you could say about him at this point is he's the dumbest motherfucker on the planet.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on

I’m guessing either a match or a full blown battle royale at the rumble

2ohWien.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Yeah from what the internets are now saying, Enzo legit just didn't tell WWE he was part of a three-month rape investigation and they literally found out about it two days ago. If that's the case, the nicest thing you could say about him at this point is he's the dumbest motherfucker on the planet.

A certified creep and a bonafide dunce.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I was hoping for a scenario where Kofi and Mustafa Ali both had badass rumble saves working together or against each other

Xehalus on
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular

I’m guessing either a match or a full blown battle royale at the rumble

Cruiserweight Royal Rumble. Just make it a 15-20 man rumble with a one minute timer so the match can be done in like 30 minutes or less. Then cut out some advertiahahahahahah!

12 active 205 live guys(Dar and Kendrick are injured. Swann is suspended. Neville is inactive but he could be a surprise entrant). 8 guys in NXT(Burch, Lorcan, Fish, O'Reily, Bate, Rush, Gargano, and Strong are all billed at under 205). Also guys like Mandrews and Rick O'Shea.

Do it WWE!

EVERY MATCH IS A RUMBLE MATCH!

The Royal Rumble Rumble

Every five minutes a new Royal Rumble match starts.

2ohWien.png
    Surprise entrant #30: another Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble Rumble

Weirdly, Curtis Axel will enter all of them, never be eliminated from any of them, and still lose.

CYpGAPn.png
    Surprise entrant #30: another Royal Rumble

Ya know I'm all for legends coming back for the Rumble but did the 1995 Rumble have to come back? And stay in for so long?

2ohWien.png
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    The Royal Rumble Rumble

I'm imagining a football stadium where the entire ground is covered in wrestling rings.

WWE brings in every available wrestler from around the world, including the mandatory former WWE/WCW legends or joke entrants.

First ring would start. 1.5 minutes a new guy comes out. So first ring would have 5 people by the 5 minute mark. Then the first two entrants in the second ring come out, and so on. Then, once we get around 10 Rumbles finished, the winners are randomly selected to start a final Rumble until all the preliminary Rumbles are done and all the winners have entered the Championship Rumble. The winner of that Rumble gets the Cruiserweight title.

And your NEW Cruiserweight Champion....

BRAAAAAUNNN STROWMAN!

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if the preshow was a cruiserweight rumble that Renee got to commentate

that would rule

Xehalus wrote: »
    if the preshow was a cruiserweight rumble that Renee got to commentate

that would rule

Unfortunately, if they did the CW Rumble on the pre-show I doubt Neville would come back for it, since that was one of his gripes(or at least being left off the Wrestlemania DVD).

Blankzilla wrote: »
    The Royal Rumble Rumble

Weirdly, Curtis Axel will enter all of them, never be eliminated from any of them, and still lose.

On RAW the next night, Curtis Axel comes out bragging about his cumulative 12 days, 17 hours, and 53 minutes that he's been in the Rumble.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    The Royal Rumble Rumble

Worse than World War 3

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Well, this Enzo thing just gets crazier and crazier.

At this point, I have no idea if he really did it or not, but I don't see him getting rehired either way. Dude seems like a total drama bomb.

xderwsaxganu.png
    Well, this Enzo thing just gets crazier and crazier.

At this point, I have no idea if he really did it or not, but I don't see him getting rehired either way. Dude seems like a total drama bomb.

Good grief what a clusterfuck

Serious thought about the Cruiserweight title though: if you're going to do something at the Rumble, put it on Gulak

Rumble's in Philadelphia, he's from Philadelphia, the crowd will go apeshit, happiest ending you can give to a shit story

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    that is 1000% the defense I expected enzo to use

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Stunning that WWE didn't invite Lita to their celebration

And before someone says "what dirtshit said that lol", the source is Lita

This discussion has been closed.