As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It sounds like this new Death book is designed to let you use all the death models in different combinations to represent different facets of the undead forces, though obviously we don't have much info on quite how that works yet.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Courtesy of Siege Studios on facebook:
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

Wow it's huge now

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

Wow it's huge now

Are those the play miniatures, or 3-Ups* to demonstrate the new model design?

*I think that's the term. The original sculpt for a model is usually 3x the desired scale, and I've read that GW will make multiples copies at this scale during the design phase (I forget why, exactly).

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Wow it's huge now

*I think that's the term. The original sculpt for a model is usually 3x the desired scale, and I've read that GW will make multiples copies at this scale during the design phase (I forget why, exactly).

It's the actual size. The webstore says that the old one's on a 60mm base, the new one's on a 130mm round base, and that matches the scales shown in the picture.

H3Knuckles wrote: »

Wow it's huge now

ushmteccbay1.png

It's huge

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Huh. The 3-Up must've been enormous.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They don’t do physical 3-ups any more. Also, for bigger models like the Land Raider they used to do 2-ups instead.
    But yeah, they huge now.
    Remember back in the 90’s, when we used to think the old lead guy was enormous?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    They don’t do physical 3-ups any more. Also, for bigger models like the Land Raider they used to do 2-ups instead.
    But yeah, they huge now.
    Remember back in the 90’s, when we used to think the old lead guy was enormous?

I think they make them in the computer and 3rd print them any more
    It would explain why we get the one pose models anymore and how tight they are cut and able to be put together

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    They also work with design libraries now so that models for the same range from different designers work well together and to save time.

They only 3D print prototypes; production is done by CNC straight from the development file, except for resins where they print the master for casting.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Glorious.

H9f4bVe.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ

Finally Dark Elves are coming back, and they're bringing snakepeople with them.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    aellllllvvvvveeeesssss

i'm going to be so broke

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I played in my first game of a Skirmish Campaign this weekend! (Also my first game of Skirmish.) It was super fun, brutal, and fast.

Edit: So, the Shadow Queen's like Ynnead for fantasy aelves? Sign me the hell up.

Nealneal on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Aha, now I might actually have a battletome to go with all these Witch Elves by the time I'm due back at this year's GT Heats, perfect!

That's Morathi, I'd say. I wonder how she got away from slannesh after she got gobbled up during the end times.

Also I like the pseudo melanomorphic artwork.

Nealneal wrote: »
    I played in my first game of a Skirmish Campaign this weekend! (Also my first game of Skirmish.) It was super fun, brutal, and fast.

Edit: So, the Shadow Queen's like Ynnead for fantasy aelves? Sign me the hell up.

Sorta maybe? In terms of army comp. perhaps. Ynnead is a new being, built of the souls of the dead but the “Shadow Queen” is Morathi making a play for godhood.

Burnage wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ

Finally Dark Elves are coming back, and they're bringing snakepeople with them.

Who is talking?
    I bought the Daughters of Khaine box just for a sister of slaughter head and to paint but I really have no idea what is going on with the cauldron of blood with the Medusa as it's creepy

I know nothing of what happened during the end times and my attempts to find out hit a lot of walls or bitter people.

It's 100% Morathi in the video. In The End Times she got eaten by Slaanesh, but other AoS fluff has confirmed that she survived.

Where can I find out what happened during the end times
    All I ever found was a website about the Bretonnian that hurt to read {the white text on a black background was painful to read for some reason}

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damn it... That being Morathi was so obvious it shot right over my head.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    There are some blurry pictures out there which confirm that the next 2 factions for Shadespire are Fyreslayers and Skaven; you can make out one model each.

PSN Fleety2009
    Man, it's just impossible to buy High Elves at the moment. They aren't in stock anywhere except for the shadow warriors and flamespire phoenix.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Man, it's just impossible to buy High Elves at the moment. They aren't in stock anywhere except for the shadow warriors and flamespire phoenix.

I don't know where you are but Firestorm games has the white lions in stock if that is any help?

I've ordered from them in the past without any trouble.

PSN Fleety2009
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Another video, teaser for "Blood and Fury":

https://youtu.be/YYalTMkOGQU

I am now very curious where this is going

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    There are some blurry pictures out there which confirm that the next 2 factions for Shadespire are Fyreslayers and Skaven; you can make out one model each.

Now they have my interest as far as Shadespire goes.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Now they have my interest as far as Shadespire goes.

Aaaand booms WU:S Fyreslayers:
    https://youtu.be/TblGPbauuKo

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

Even though I have a deep loathing of elves, these are cool enough that I might end up buying some of these.

(They look like they'll also make great Slaanesh daemon stand-ins).

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Well I know people have been asking for them and many other things
    But I am now very curious about the Witch Elves aka Dark Elves

What is a Order Battletome? a Army book/Codex of old? does it have lore or just stats?
    I really watched that video several times and I am very hyped for it

Not a big fan of Morathi herself, but there are some great models in that range.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Well I know people have been asking for them and many other things
    But I am now very curious about the Witch Elves aka Dark Elves

What is a Order Battletome? a Army book/Codex of old? does it have lore or just stats?
    I really watched that video several times and I am very hyped for it

Yeah a Battletome is a codex which has lore, stats, spells and items.

You're Goddamn right I wanted elves.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am definitely getting them as a store army.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    God. Damnit. I know I have to wait to see what they end up doing for Slaanesh stuff and the Legions if Nagash before I start buying more Sigmar stuff, but I want those elves right the fuck now.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm kind of disappointed their horses are so normal looking. Given that the AoS aesthetic seems to be turn things up to 11 you'd think they'd get giant snake mounts or something. Or at least snake headed horses.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    I'm kind of disappointed their horses are so normal looking. Given that the AoS aesthetic seems to be turn things up to 11 you'd think they'd get giant snake mounts or something. Or at least snake headed horses.

Those are an existing kit, and probably also the only men in the army.

The horses are Doomfire Warlocks, a kit from Fantasy. They could still wind up getting something more metal eventually.

Also Morathi supposedly has two shapes? Her elvish-humanoid on we se clearly in the trailer but also a giant snake shape ? The latter being what we see at the end of the trailer.

This discussion has been closed.