As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NFL] officially blows ass.

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited June 2018 in Social Entropy++
2 weeks until the Super Bowl and we get to see The Patriots... Again go against The Eagles, that nobody likes.

It's Elite QB Nick Foles vs Tom Brady

Let's take a look at how they got this far

Nick Foles was content collecting his paycheck while Carson Wentz shredded the league. When his knee died, Foles took the field and has performed admirably. They had a bye in the first round, then squeaked by the Falcons in the divisional round. They had a bye in the Conference round since their opponent, The Minnesota Vikings, couldn't make it to the stadium due to weather conditions.

The Patriots are the fucking Patriots. They won a bunch of regular season games then got to play the Titans in the divisional round. They actually lost to the Jaguars in the conference round but due to the refs not wanting to hurt Tom Brady's feelings they gave them the win anyway.

So that's brings us up to date.

The NFL is terrible and the Super Bowl will not be played this year.

Pitchers and Catchers report in a few weeks

Raijin Quickfoot on

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Thank christ

• Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    As a Giants fan living in Philly (moved here from Jersey about 10 years ago), this super bowl is like a worst case scenario for me.

On the other hand, I love big drunken celebrations and people's excitement here is legitimately infectious.

Gonna be an interesting two weeks.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

This is a fascinating thread. Not knowing how to play from ahead is always an interesting conundrum, in real sports and esports. It comes up all the time in Dota 2.

Was listening to The Ringer GM Street podcast earlier today, and Michael Lombardi was saying that it seemed that the Jaguars just ran out of plays. Which, in retrospect, seems actually kinda correct. I had been wondering during the game where all the creativity on offense and defense went, and his explanation that the Jaguars put in new plays this week to deal with the Patriots, but then just didn't have time to put in enough made a lot of sense to me.

• Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    But... But I like parades! Please don't cancel it! :(

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i think i'd rather cancel the super bowl and eliminate the probably 70% chance the patriots win another vs the 30% chance the eagles finally win one.

the risk isn't worth it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Rooting for giant meteor at 50 yard line.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Monster attack during the game

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go get some popcorn for all this salt

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Eagles all the way. I live within driving distance of Minneapolis so I’m somewhat tempted to check seeing the Super Bowl in person off my bucket list...but no way am I spending several thousand dollars on a ticket.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Eagles all the way. I live within driving distance of Minneapolis so I’m somewhat tempted to check seeing the Super Bowl in person off my bucket list...but no way am I spending several thousand dollars on a ticket.

I'm two hours away and there is no way in fuck I'm going anywhere within an hour of Minneapolis that weekend.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    For SB 50, I literally walked past the Fan Zone, or whatever the fuck they called it, every single day for weeks and it was a big nothing.

But then again, I'm a grumpy old man, so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I expect the next time the Giants or Raiders make the Super Bowl, my brother and his wife will be there.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

I'm two hours away and there is no way in fuck I'm going anywhere within an hour of Minneapolis that weekend.

I live 30 mins north of the city and I'm not traveling outside a couple minute radius. I'm not interested in dealing with whatever massive crowd/traffic/etc.. that will be everywhere around downtown that weekend.

Like honestly, I think the only way I'd be able to want to go to one of these things is to have to full all out, have a car with a driver so I don't care how long it takes, drop off at stadium, picked up at stadium, etc... Having to actually think or plan any part of getting to the game on top of paying the insane prices would be too much.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    equahho3bxii.png
    I 100% trust the outcome of this investigation. The NFL would not ever cover up something related to brain injury, no sir.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Monster attack during the game

Turns out the entire thing was just viral advertising for Pacific Rim 2.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I do not get the joke here.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

I'm guessing super bowl-cuts.
    But I'm not a huge follower of the sports ball games, so I could be wrong.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Oh durr.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Oh durr.

Those things are not funny but they are unintentionally funny. Sometimes they are literally ramblings of an insane person

Like what the hell even is this

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here

Oh durr.

Those things are not funny but they are unintentionally funny. Sometimes they are literally ramblings of an insane person

I want to get off Mr. Bones's Wild Ride.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018

Despite my exhaustion with NE, I absolutely love Belichick. I think he's the reason I can't bring myself to hate the Patriots.

If Patricia is, at worst, just Beli-lite, I will be happy.

ObiFett on
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Patriots won last year and 2017 was a dumpster fire of a year.

Just saying.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Well yeah, the Cubs stole all the good luck so that they could get a World Series.

sig.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bob Costas on the decision that he doesn't work the Super Bowl this year

“The decision was mutually agreeable, and not only do I not have a problem with it, I am actually happy about it,” he told THE DAILY via email. “I have long had ambivalent feelings about football, so at this point, it’s better to leave the hosting to those who are more enthusiastic about it.” [...]
    Costas: “I have been making the same points for several years, often on NBC. In halftime commentaries, interviews with Roger Goodell and other prominent NFL figures, appearances on CNN and elsewhere, I have addressed the issue of football and its undeniable connection to brain trauma many times. Why? Because the evidence is overwhelming and the effects are often devastating. It’s the elephant in the stadium at every game whether others choose to acknowledge it or not. And it’s not going away. So the idea that I am only now finding my voice on this, or that NBC was taken aback by what I said at Maryland is just wrong. It’s all simple and straightforward.”

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    he's not wrong

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular

Oh durr.

I want to get off Mr. Bones's Wild Ride.

Don't worry, with just a little more time, I'm sure Tom's snake oil salesman can find something to fix him.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • statlerstatler Registered User regular
    The only thing I hate about the NFL's current decline is the right-wing folks taking all the credit for it due to their boycotts of the protests. Otherwise I would be kind of happy about it.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    statler wrote: »
    The only thing I hate about the NFL's current decline is the right-wing folks taking all the credit for it due to their boycotts of the protests. Otherwise I would be kind of happy about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwofkOVeSs0

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Why not just put all his money in a pile and burn it?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Why not just put all his money in a pile and burn it?

I mean that's what he's doing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    The XFL was fun and absurd once before and it failed miserably, and now pretty much everything that made it “extreme” are the kinds of things we know lead to traumatic CTE.

The only thing the XFL can do now is fail even harder than before.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The XFL was fun and absurd once before and it failed miserably, and now pretty much everything that made it “extreme” are the kinds of things we know lead to traumatic CTE.

It's going to be xtreme seeing people forced to stand for the anthem

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The XFL should come back as a scripted "sports entertainment" like wrestling. Suplexes for tackles, chair shots, clothes-lining the kicker, just go all out. Have story lines with grudges and entrances with fire and special match types with steel cages to climb into the end zone.

The XFL should come back as a scripted "sports entertainment" like wrestling. Suplexes for tackles, chair shots, clothes-lining the kicker, just go all out. Have story lines with grudges and entrances with fire and special match types with steel cages to climb into the end zone.

MAH GAAAWWDDD

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    well everyone hates the NFL

so maybe the XFL can fix a lot of things

who knows

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Bill Parcells is actually named Duane and people in high school always mistook him for a kid named Bill so he just started calling himself Bill

What the hell

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    That is literally a joke in Parks and Rec.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

The XFL as NFL's (even unofficial) AAA farm league makes a lot of sense

This discussion has been closed.