As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]: The Backlog does matter? Backlog Challenge spreadsheet linked top of OP.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Okay peoples. It's that time.
    During the charity drive, you [collective you, not just you, though you know who you are] went completely bonkers. Consequently, y'all get to go equally bonkers with my Steam profile.
    Yep, once again everything is up for you [collective... see above] to change everything. Steam name, avatar, background, badges, showcases, whatever. Whatever it ends up being, it will stay that way for one month. Well... 30 days. I won't even cheat y'all by using February. :lol:
    PM me any suggestions for things you want to change. Anything is fair game as long as it won't get me banned. After a few days, I'll take all the suggestions and start a bunch of polls just like last time.

Oh wait, this reminds me of something...
    I was planning to delay the suggestions for my own profile until next weekend at least, but since Pixie decided to begin accepting them for hers I think I will open the gates too.
    So send me a PM with your second worst/best ideas for my profile (save the first ones for Pixie's).
    Same rules as Pixie's with only the exception I mentioned during the charity drive: prior to the voting Pixie will be able to pick one of the available elements of my profile that can be customised and decide that one herself.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    A friendly reminder to anyone currently subscribed to Humble Monthly:

Today is the last day to unsubscribe before you are automatically billed for the next month. If you stay subscribed, you will get Civ 6 + 2 expansions and Owlboy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Steaming :)

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    headlander is free via twitch prime. Good game, get it, the end.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    ...and also even more games!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I was 100% sure I would be playing Deux Ex before bed last night, only to wake up to a 3-way tie between DE, Cuphead, and TR? Yeesh!

OK, whichever game is in the lead at 12pm noon (PST) will be the winner. Go vote now if you haven't!

Edit: Poor War for the Overworld. No love. :(

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know and so you're not offended, I'm starting to go through my unplayed games on Steam as I get to them and refunding ones that I don't like or won't play. I'll send you a message to ya if I refund your gift, in which case you are then eligible to refund them yourself and gift new better stuff to other people.

Consider it a library cleansing of sorts.

I figured gifts would be under the same rules as regular purchases before you can refund; that is, 2 hours or 2 weeks owned, whichever comes first.

Is it two weeks? I thought it was 6 months?

Nope, 2 weeks owned or two hours played, whichever comes first, unless something has changed very recently.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaak. Nevermind then. They shall remain like graves in my library.

This is the reason I have a method to "retire" games that just don't give me what I want.

Specifically I hide them, as if they were a secret shame or something. They get to go sit in that room and think about what they did.

Though to be fair, they usually sit alongside "Ori but not the deluxe version" or "Letter Quest but not the remastered version"; i.e. that's also my place for old unremastered versions, excluding a few games such as Skyrim and Bioshock games.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Huh, maybe I should "get" that for my w--

looks

Oh, she already has them both.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    The Witness is on sale for $10. Absolutely worth it if you haven't played it and want to solve puzzles. So many puzzles, and many of them have a way of stumping you for a while.

The Far Cry franchise is advertised as on sale for the weekend, and right before I was going to hit "post" it looks like it actually is live. Took about half an hour's time from when they first advertised it.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The Witness is on sale for $10. Absolutely worth it if you haven't played it and want to solve puzzles. So many puzzles, and many of them have a way of stumping you for a while.

And if you own Braid you can buy the Witness + Braid bundle for $8

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Also Celeste made by "Matt Makes Games" of TowerFall fame is out today, and apparently received the first 10/10 from IGN for 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70d9irlxiB4

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

Today is the last day to unsubscribe before you are automatically billed for the next month. If you stay subscribed, you will get Civ 6 + 2 expansions and Owlboy.

If I unsubscribe do I still get whatever games they haven't announced yet?

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Yes, you always get the full bundle of games for the month you've subscribed to. And you can always resubscribe for next month later if you rather wait for the revealed game before deciding.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Poketpixie wrote: »

If you were subscribed for the previous month (in this case, if you got The Long Dark, Quantum Break and Dawn of War 3 from last month) but have not elected to pay early to unlock Civ 6, then if you unsubscribe today, you won't get billed tomorrow for Civ 6 plus whatever they reveal on Feb 2.

If you have already unlocked Civ 6 by paying early, if you unsubscribe now, you still get all the revealed games + the ones that will be revealed next week but you will no longer have a 10% discount at the Humble Store (until you resubscribe)

CORRECTION: apparently, when you unsubscribe, you get to keep your 10% discount at the Humble Store until your subscription expires. That's a good change

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    It's the first time I've used it. I signed up specifically for Civ6 + whatever else and that's showing up in my purchase history. I just wanted to make sure that if I unsubscribe I get to keep the full bundle. Thanks for the answers.

Even I only got to keep Civ6 that's still a helluva deal but I want it all. :P

Poketpixie on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

During the charity drive, you [collective you, not just you, though you know who you are] went completely bonkers. Consequently, y'all get to go equally bonkers with my Steam profile.

Yep, once again everything is up for you [collective... see above] to change everything. Steam name, avatar, background, badges, showcases, whatever. Whatever it ends up being, it will stay that way for one month. Well... 30 days. I won't even cheat y'all by using February. :lol:

PM me any suggestions for things you want to change. Anything is fair game as long as it won't get me banned. After a few days, I'll take all the suggestions and start a bunch of polls just like last time.

Alright, so what're we thinking, folks? Something in the monochromatic, horrible character portrait dudebro vein?
    HiT BiT wrote: »

Oh wait, this reminds me of something...
    I was planning to delay the suggestions for my own profile until next weekend at least, but since Pixie decided to begin accepting them for hers I think I will open the gates too.
    So send me a PM with your second worst/best ideas for my profile (save the first ones for Pixie's).
    Same rules as Pixie's with only the exception I mentioned during the charity drive: prior to the voting Pixie will be able to pick one of the available elements of my profile that can be customised and decide that one herself.

Hmm, that is tough. The opposite of HiT BiT is uncreative and untalented artwork.

The problem is, even when confronted with exactly that, he makes it something magical.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Alright, so what're we thinking, folks? Something in the monochromatic, horrible character portrait dudebro vein?

7s59lear5nhs.gif

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Marcus Fenix in the rain looking at a picture of Dom.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I mean, there's pretty much anything from the vids of Mount Your Friends that would work perfectly as an avatar image or background.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is Pixie one of those people who dislikes Bastion? Just use that.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    We have a winner! I'll be playing Cuphead next, which edged out Deus Ex by 1 vote.

I'll stream my frustrations soon!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Gosh, a page or so back reminded me that Sword of the Stars 2 is a crime against humanity.

I forgot how salty I am.

It is a magnificent primer in how many ways a dev team can fuck up 4x mechanics, though. Like, what could go wrong? That. All of that. Every bit of it.

Even MoO3 had some redeeming qualities.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    so I am thinking Pixies should be something terrible, and HiT BiT should be a Bleed avatar to taunt pixie

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    so I am thinking Pixies should be something terrible, and HiT BiT should be a Bleed avatar to taunt pixie

I knew you were my favorite supervillain for a reason.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Viking wrote: »
    so I am thinking Pixies should be something terrible cute and adorable, and HiT BiT should be a Bleed avatar to taunt pixie in homage to Her Royal Pink Highness.

>.>

<.<

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I was gonna do that humble monthly sub because man that sounds like a good deal for Civ 6 and a pile of other stuff too. Then I saw Celeste was out (thanks for the headsup koops) and I remembered all those times how much I wanted a single player game from Matt Makes Games after any session of Towerfall ever. Because the platforming in that game is just so good, it's a joy just to move around those single screen stages. I haven't been following Celeste but I already know this is a thing I want.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    And before I'm even done downloading Celeste @Gear Girl hits me with a slice of humble pie.

JFbQ5XB.png

Thanks so much for Owlboy! This has certainly been a thing on my radar and now I can enjoy the dilemma of which to play first! Thanks again Gear!

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    The Civ 6 deal is awesome, but I've barely touched Civ 5 so I just couldn't justify it, even at low, low prices.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Anyone know what the limit is to the number of characters you can have in a Steam name?

Asking for a friend...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Huh, just realized that when my brother-in-law gifted me Shadow of War last month, he actually gifted me the Gold version which includes all the expansion content, including stuff yet to be released. Turns out a lot of the quest icon stuff that has higher level orcs is expansion content and I've been doing some of it.

Anyone know what the limit is to the number of characters you can have in a Steam name?
    Asking for a friend...
    According to different sites the limit would be aground 30-32 characters.

HiT BiT wrote: »
    Asking for a friend...
    According to different sites the limit would be aground 30-32 characters.

Hello friend! :twisted:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Cover Pixie's profile in kitten pictures and LOLcat speak sentences and cat games. Problem solved.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Free weekend for Prettiest Pretty Princess Dress-Up Ever Black Desert Online? And 50% off its already low price?

Okay, sure I'll have a look. Because that character creator has always looked bonkers.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Steamworld Dig 2 complete! Such a great game, I even went ahead and got 100% of the secrets. Haven't done that in...over a decade?

What should I play next?

Did you clear the super hard sky dungeon at the end? Just curious.

Wait, the what now?
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Steamworld Dig 2 complete! Such a great game, I even went ahead and got 100% of the secrets. Haven't done that in...over a decade?

What should I play next?

Got a shortlist for us to mull over? :smile:

Hmm...let me open Steam. How about...
    • Cuphead
    • Deus Ex: HR - DC
    • Flinthook
    • Tomb Raider (2016)
    • War for the Overworld

I am throwing a vote at Flinthook. I loved the shit out of that game. It was well designed but just the general feel of it was amazing, and made me happy to play.

It can be a bit on the hard side though. Prolly no more than Cuphead however.

Looks like I was late, but that it wasn't all that close anyway.

Kai_San on
    Hello friend! :twisted:
    flushed.png
    SHMtfBH.gif

• BladeXBladeX Registered User regular

Oh nice! Hopefully I won't forget to download this when I get home from work.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    So, in a short amount of time we've got They Are Billions, Slay the Spire, Opus Magnum, Iconoclasts, Full Metal Furies, and now Celeste.

This year is starting really, really well for indie games.

Also, Pillars of Eternity II is coming out 3th April.

Asthariel on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Ahh, yes, the Thirth of April. On which we celebrate acclaimed British actor Colin Thirth.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Has anybody had @HiT BiT and @Pixelated Pixie swap everything on Steam before?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
This discussion has been closed.