As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    I would certainly agree to this reasonable request of my throne supporting friend. But can I? Till I have conquered beta we're not neighbours...
    Send 1 TG to Arborec if admitted.

It's true that you're not neighbors. How are you guys resolving this? Send it after the battle? @hedgethorn agree with this?

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm willing to trust that @Preda will pay the 1 trade good PDS maintenance fee after this battle.

Edit: Aren't we actually neighbors via the Alpha wormhole? Or does the fact that Preda controls Lodor not suffice, given the presence of the Letnev destroyer?

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Preda needs to move to become eligible for the PDS fire, it's an immediate thing therefore binding. There's no issue

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Edit: Aren't we actually neighbors via the Alpha wormhole? Or does the fact that Preda controls Lodor not suffice, given the presence of the Letnev destroyer?

Strangely enough, yeah, you two are neighbors even though Letnev is in control of the space part of the system. So the transaction of 1 TG for holding off on PDS fire can be performed now and binding. I think that we can move on to combat resolution now? (@MrBody)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Actually, I'll just roll it so we can get on with things and players have been rolling combats all game anyways.

Combat Round 1

Winnu has Flagship "Salai Sai Corian" for 1 die, 3 Dreadnought IIs, 1 Cruiser, and 3 Fighters. (1 Infantry loaded)
    L1z1x has 1 Cruiser II.

Geth roll 1d10t7+3d10t5+1d10t7+3d10t9 for Winnu
    Geth roll 1d10t6 for L1z1x

Winnu:
    1d10t7+3d10t5+1d10t7+3d10t9 1 [1d10t7=3] [3d10t5=3, 1, 1] [1d10t7=7] [3d10t9=4, 4, 6]
    L1z1x:
    1d10t6 0 [1d10t6=3]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Only one hit landed, but that's enough for my Cruiser II to be destroyed. I suppose I can take my turn now? Let's do the obvious thing.

Activate the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 4 --> 3)
    Move in 1 Cruiser and 1 Fighter from the L1z1x Home System.
    Bombard Mecatol Rex before landing all 3 Infantry in the system.

I believe @Mojo_Jojo has the option of Space Cannon Offense before bombardment.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Well you've got dreadnaughts to soak up any hits, so FIRE! (Not activating the graviton laser system)

Geth roll 2d10t6

(6 is the target number due to L1z1x antimass deflectors)

2d10t6 1 [2d10t6=1, 6]

• Options
    @mrblarney to assign one hit

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Just 1 small point before going on...
    Unveil Flagship- Win a space combat in a system with your flagship. Does not count if your flagship is destroyed in that combat. VP3->4
    Than, please, go on...

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie, looking at what everyone else got, my secret objectives are poop.

• Options
    I'll tap the Sustain Damage on one of my Dreadnoughts for that PDS hit.

@Hedgethorn for reactions before resolving bombardment (three t4 rolls) and invasion (3 Infantry). Nothing else to claim on my end at this time.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    No reaction.

@MrBlarney to destroy my infantry.

• Options
    Bombardment of Mecatol Rex

L1z1x has 2 Super-Dreadnought IIs, 1 additional die roll for Plasma Scoring.

Geth roll 3d10t4 for L1z1x bombardment

L1z1x bombardment:
    3d10t4 1 [3d10t4=3, 7, 2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    One hit, destroying 1 Arborec Infantry. 3 L1z1x Infantry land without need for combat.

@Elvenshae has the next action, but considering how every player has modified the board state, perhaps we could use a status update from our host @MrBody?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I can take my next action now, actually.

Tactical Action: activate the Creuss system.

Build 2 Dreadnaughts (8), 2 Infantry (1), 2 Fighters (1); exhaust all of my planets to pay for it.

Now @MrBody should update the map. :)

• Options
    Update in a couple hours.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Activity log

Creuss plays card "Signal Jamming".
    Jol-nar plays card sabotage, canceling it
    Creuss tactical action in the Lazar-Sakulag system
    Jol-Nar reduced to 1 infantry on Lazar

Arborec activates Quann. Builds dread + cruiser. Exhausts Resculon, Quann, Mecatol
    Letnev activates Starpoint. Move 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Cruiser, and 3 Fighters from Arc Prime.

Jol-nar Activate Jol/Nar system
    Produce The JNS Hylarim (8)
    1 dreadnought (4)
    4 fighters (2)
    Total cost 13 (14 -1 from saween tools)
    Exhaust Jol (1), Aryz (3), Fria (2), Wellon (1), Lazar (1) and spend 5 TG

Winnu Activate wormhole b. Move in 3 dreadnought, 2 fighter and a cruiser from Winnu, move in Flagship, 1 fighter and Mellon GF from Mellon /Zhobat.
    Winnu gives 1 TG to Arborec
    L1z1x cruiser destroyed
    Winnu claims secret objective "Unveil Flagship" +1 VP

L1z1x Activates the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 4 --> 3)
    Moves in 1 Cruiser and 1 Fighter from the L1z1x Home System.
    Jol-nar PDS fire damages dread
    Arborec infantry wiped out in bombardment, L1z1x lands.

Creuss activates home system.
    Build 2 Dreadnaughts, 2 Infantry, 2 Fighters; exhaust all planets

MrBody on
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I can take my next action now, actually.

Tactical Action: activate the Creuss system.

Build 2 Dreadnaughts (8), 2 Infantry (1), 2 Fighters (1); exhaust all of my planets to pay for it.

Now @MrBody should update the map. :)

I'm only counting 9 resources from all your planets. @Elvenshae

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Whoa, Creuss doesn't have Sarween Tools. How 'bout that.

MrBody, I think the action log is missing Creuss's activation of Lazar-Sakulag and subsequent bombardment and invasion attempt.

EDIT (on next post): I forgot about that Terraforming Initiative, huh.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Salulag is worth 3, not 2.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Round 6 - Action Phase

Map
    2ve0ILSm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP Creuss
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev Winnu
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec L1z1x
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP Jol-Nar
    II- Form Galactic Brain Trust- Control 5 planets with technology specialties. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Unveil Flagship- Win a battle with your flagship present. 1 VP
    L1z1x - Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Arborec Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP

Other
    Creuss- Imperial Rider 1 VP, Custodians 1 VP, Letnev Support from the throne 1 VP
    Letnev- Imperial strategy 1 VP
    Arborec- Imperial strategy 1 VP, Crown of Emphidia 1 VP, Winnu Support for the Throne 1 VP
    Winnu- Arborec Support for the throne 1VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 3
    Elvenshae - 5
    Mojo - 5
    Hedgethorn - 5
    Brody - 5
    Preda - 4
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Laws
    Research Team: Propulsion (Thibah)
    When the owner of this planet researches technology, they may exhaust this card to ignore 1 blue prerequisite.

Deep Core Mining (Bereg)
    +2 resources on this planet

(Sakulag)
    +1 resources +1 influence

Minister of Commerce (Letnev)
    After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.

The Crown of Emphidia (Arborec)
    The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point.
    A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.

Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    nzgH55Y.png

Elvenshae
    3 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    b0LmRV7.png

Mojo
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    tARhQD5.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    (1 claimed) Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    mzO79we.png

Brody
    2 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective- Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    Minister of Commerce- After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.
    rEdLXgU.png

Preda **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    1 secret objectives
    2 claimed- Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Unveil Flagship- Win a battle with your flagship present. 1 VP
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    bTA0iRD.png

Elvenshae Leadership 1
    Hedgethorn Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Mojo Warfare 6
    Preda Technology 7
    MrBlarney Imperial 8

@Hedgethorn

MrBody on
  • Options
    @MrBody I should have a dreadnought and cruiser in Quann. You exhausted my planets but didn't add the units.

Play Politics. Give myself the Speakership. Draw 2 action cards and look at the agenda deck.

@Elvenshae @Brody @Mojo_Jojo @Preda @MrBlarney for secondaries as desired.

• Options
    I've still got a full hand of Action Cards. PASS on the Politics secondary.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Ill take the Politics secondary for some cards.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Pass

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Take Secondary.

• Options
    Pass

I wouldn't mind more cards but I probably should hold on to my tokens

• Options
    @Hedgethorn unless you are still waiting for cards, is your turn done?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    I'm still waiting for cards.

• Options
    We're all waiting for action cards and I'm waiting on the agenda deck. We should probably wait for those before any particularly drastic action, @Brody.

• Options
    Right before the deal came to Preda, the action deck ran out and has been reshuffled from the discard pile!

• Options
    edited January 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    Right before the deal came to Preda, the action deck ran out and has been reshuffled from the discard pile!

Interesting

So, we can safely say that there are three sabotages (with an outside chance of four) out there in people's hands, as are all four direct hits.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Every card that has been played thus far is now back in the deck.

• Options
    Construct Arc Secundus (Flag Ship) and four(4) Fighters in Arc Prime. Cost 10 - 1

Exhaust Arc Prime, Wren Terra, and Starpoint for 9.

@Mojo_Jojo

• Options
    There ain't no party like a flag ship party.

Play Warfare and put my tactics token on Jol/Nar back on my board

@Elvenshae @Hedgethorn @Brody @Preda @MrBlarney for the secondary

I've done that thing again where my plan sequencing has gone wrong somehow

• Options
    Pass

• Options
    Spend a strategy token. Exhaust Nestphar to build two cruisers (cost = 3 with Sarween Tools).

• Options
    No spacedock in HW...

• Options
    Pass

No planets left to exhaust.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Construct Arc Secundus (Flag Ship) and four(4) Fighters in Arc Prime. Cost 10 - 1

Exhaust Arc Prime, Wren Terra, and Starpoint for 9.

@Mojo_Jojo

Just remember that the 3rd edition rule of flagships needing to be built in the home system is gone. You can now construct them anywhere.