As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chimera's Midweek Movie Monster Mash! [b-movies from 80's and 90's]

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    It really gets you hooked at the end! :P

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Currently on our second showing tonight!

dbum54tsp7wl.jpg

https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    @Chimera you doing stream tonite?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I hope so, since I'm actually here tonight.

uyvfOQy.png
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I hope so, since it's supposed to be the Christmas show.

steam_sig.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    She said it'd be at about 8:30, but perhaps she's running a bit late...

uyvfOQy.png
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I am running late but I have a good line up for you! <3

https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Elmo & Patsy - Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Scrooged
    Wham! - Last Christmas

Tales From The Crypt - And All Through The House
    Weird Al - The Night Santa Went Crazy

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
    TLC - Sleigh Ride

...and 100% 80's and 90's Christmas commercials! :D

Stream starts in 8min, room is open now!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, might be a dumb question, but is there a way to mute the notifications from Rabbit?
    Like, any time someone comments or joins or leaves there's an alert, and it's a bit obnoxious. But I can't figure out where they're hiding the option.

Click your icon and go to Settings, I'm pretty sure it's in there.

steam_sig.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    So, might be a dumb question, but is there a way to mute the notifications from Rabbit?
    Like, any time someone comments or joins or leaves there's an alert, and it's a bit obnoxious. But I can't figure out where they're hiding the option.

@see317

Click on your avatar in the upper right to get to notification options.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Click your icon and go to Settings, I'm pretty sure it's in there.

Yeah, literally minutes after I posted that it came up in the chat.
    click on your portrait bubble << then "notifications" then uncheck "sounds"

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Somebody needs to poke @Chimera

@melding ???

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

@Reynolds the stream started back up for a second, then paused, so it looks like @Chimera is maybe sort of back?

steam_sig.png
    @Reynolds it's back now, if you're still paying attention.

steam_sig.png
    Hey everyone! The holidays were super hectic for me, as has been my move to OKC and start of my new job there while also getting ready for the 2018 tornado season. Because of this I've largely been absent from here and unable to attend to the weekly stream properly. Because of this I will be reworking it heavily with a new and improved format that will be revealed tomorrow! Think "New Coke."

....just kidding, new coke totes was trash. That said I will be reworking the stream heavily but it will still have the same heart and soul it did and premise behind it from back when I wasn't super slammed. The changes will make it more stable, and easier for me to run at a quality I can accept (read: slightly better than total trash). In the mean time I will be streaming tonight though it will be super relaxed and casual and sorta out of format.

For those that want to join me the room is open and I will start streaming a movie or show or music or documentary soon! Come on in if you want to hang out. http://www.rabb.it/chithemonster

...oh and also, hi! Totes not dead! :D

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    @Chimera you streaming tonight?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    oh shit, it's that time again.

I found a youtube channel that's full of movies from the 60/70/80s in 720p. I'll give it a look to see if it's decent (their copy of Galaxy of Terror* was good at least), and then share the link.

*that had a wtf scene in it that I was not expecting

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    We on tonight?

edited January 2018
    Hey everyone, I'M NOT DEAD AND THE STREAM IS COMING BACK!

Thanks to my new job I cannot do a weekly stream anymore and will have to scale the length down a bit but don't fear as that doesn't mean my Midweek Movie Mash is going away!

From now on we will be bi-weekly and also air one less short and movie, and two less music videos. Everything else stays the same and the commercials are back and better than ever with some slightly tweaked bumpers, intro, and outro for the stream!

Mark your calendars as the stream returns to full force on Wednesday the 31st, of January are 9:00 PM Eastern time!

Here's your line up for next week! <3

efm91fkrb75u.png

Chimera on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I can't make out the title of the first movie. Deathstalker II?

Whatever it is, I need it in my life.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    You've got the touch!
    You've got the powerrrrrrryeah!

edited January 2018
    y9rh86chgw8r.png

JANUARY 31ST, 2018 LINE UP:

9PM EASTERN TIME START

DEATHSTALKER II (as seen on RedLetterMedia's BOTW)

QUIET RIOT - BANG YOUR HEAD (a.k.a. MENTAL HEALTH)

TALES FROM THE CRYPT'S, A DEATH OF SOME SALESMAN

BILLY IDOL - EYES WITHOUT A FACE

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

JUDAS PRIEST - TURBO LOVER

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA'S, THE RINGER

STAN BUSH - (YOU GOT) THE TOUCH

BETTER OFF DEAD

R.E.M. - LOSING MY RELIGION

Chimera on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    oh gods that Zelda cartoon

Skull2185 wrote: »
    I can't make out the title of the first movie. Deathstalker II?

Whatever it is, I need it in my life.

@Skull2185, yes it is and YES YOU DO!

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME princess!

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Well hot damn, I am definitely in for at least the first movie then. I hope it lives up to that cover art/title!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Well hot damn, I am definitely in for at least the first movie then. I hope it lives up to that cover art/title!

You have no idea. :3c

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

I forget if it's the first or second one that has the REALLY good fight at the end.

And by REALLY good I mean ridiculously, hilariously bad.

They also have more 80's nudity than you could shake a snake at.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME princess!

this has slain me

I am ded

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The Touch is my all-time favorite song.

^ Good life choices right here.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

^ Good life choices right here.

For about a year, I had various Stan Bush songs as my alarm sound.

YOU WERE BORN A FIGHTER
    IN THE BLOOD, A MIGHTY WARRIOR

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Can we watch the animated Transformers?

No-Quarter wrote: »
    Can we watch the animated Transformers?

That will likely happen at some point. Right now I'm sticking to just things I can stream for free since they are so bad.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So this is a decent youtube channel by the looks of it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_bMarZpQcyeaHLb7XPt86A/videos

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Don't forget the stream is tonight at 9pm eastern!

The room is open and the show starts in 10 minutes! https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

uxtgo2wpfxqu.png

SHOWTIME! Up first is DEATHSTALKER II! Get ready for the WORST ACTION OF YOUR LIFE!

HTTPS://WWW.RABB.IT/CHITHEMONSTER

zfbapkddb902.jpg

It amuses me that the only character wearing any significant clothing on that cover is the villainess.

steam_sig.png