As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choosy moms choose [GIF] (nsf56k)

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I'm just wondering what I'd have to do to drift back into the lane after a cess slide like that

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    How do y'all feel about tipping though?

I usually prefer to remain upright

• Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's wild to me that anywhere in the world, the guy who - while driving on a highway at a high rate of speed - neither uses his indicator, checks his mirror, or does a head-check is somehow less than or equally culpable to the guy who was driving faster in the right lane.

Like, to me, a U.S. driver, that is bananaland.

One guy is reckless, untrained, and an idiot. The other guy is trying to get someplace fast.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    yeah, if someone is going slow on a highway, I'm going to pass them on any side because I don't want to be near a bad driver =p

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's wild to me that anywhere in the world, the guy who - while driving on a highway at a high rate of speed - neither uses his indicator, checks his mirror, or does a head-check is somehow less than or equally culpable to the guy who was driving faster in the right lane.

One guy is reckless, untrained, and an idiot. The other guy is trying to get someplace fast.

This is actually the one of a few times where the person in the back isn't culpable. If a person merging doesn't check and merges into you, even if they're technically ahead of you, it's not your fault.

If gray car hit white care it would 100% be gray car's fault for merging into them.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    This was probably illegal whatever country it's in:

I hope it's the driver taking the video.

Hold on. Let's all stop for a moment.

Who put the orange cloth on the bumper?

• Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    In the USA, Australia and New Zealand that is true.

In Germany white car would be at least partially responsible.

And since traffic fatalities (per 100k pops) are lower in germany, even with no general speed limit on highways, I declare german laws superior.

• Options
    twotimesadingotwotimesadingo Registered User regular
    HoA-player wrote: »

And since traffic fatalities (per 100k pops) are lower in germany, even with no general speed limit on highways, I declare german laws superior.

Yeah, yeah, no, I get it. In the U.S., depending on the responding police officer and their corresponding state/local driving laws, I can absolutely see a world where both drivers are reprimanded.

But as someone else pointed out above - in the U.S. at least - if the officer employed any sort of discretion (and, in my U.S.-centric opinion, used any of his/her brain cells), they'd ticket the driver who merged without signaling/checking mirrors/head-checking, and verbally warn the driver who passed on the right.

I completely understand everyone saying "White car should not have done what they did." It's a \ different thing to make them legally and financially liable (given the involvement of auto insurance in the event of a crash) for what is, by any metric, demonstrably poor driving by the driver of the grey vehicle.

But seriously - every place gets to decide it's driving regulations differently; if it works for the residents, then all good.

Also: Germany is about the size of Montana, has a higher police per capita than the U.S, and less than 1/10th the amount of roadways as the U.S. That'd be like putting an officer every 10 miles on the road here in the U.S. No wonder there are fewer accidents.

PSN: peepshowofforce
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

Ok

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    This was probably illegal whatever country it's in:

<snip>

I hope it's the driver taking the video.

Hold on. Let's all stop for a moment.

Who put the orange cloth on the bumper?

Pretty sure that was in China. The cloth was probably on the bumper before it went over the sidewall, I recall seeing those on truck bumpers on the highway there frequently. Just something to try to help to add visibility, I guess?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Grr. Cool facebook video on the history of figure skating fashion, and it doesn't appear to exist on Youtube. :(

Closest I can get is the website of the original article.

https://www.racked.com/2014/2/21/7617217/figure-skating-costumes#mae-berenice-meite-women-s-free-skate

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Canada's gang problem is getting out of hand:

Posting the video because Dizzie Rascal is great. (although this isn't one of my favourites)
    His song "All Eyes On Me" is particularly gifable:

The whole (nsfw) music video is made of pseudo-gifs.

For the record, my most favouritist song of his is "Bassline Junkie" (sfw, but language etc)

• Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    If you bet that the white car is speeding, fun fact: here in Virginia, he'd also be at fault regardless of passing rules! Exceeding the speed limit here means you forfeit your right-of-way. (VA Code § 46.2-823)

This leads to all sorts of fuck-you moments here for people who accidentally give evidence of speeding! :D

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

This is actually the one of a few times where the person in the back isn't culpable. If a person merging doesn't check and merges into you, even if they're technically ahead of you, it's not your fault.

If gray car hit white care it would 100% be gray car's fault for merging into them.

I will never understand this argument.
    "If someone does that and you get hit, it's not your fault!"
    Yeah, but if I get hit and my car gets damaged or I get seriously hurt, whose fault it is when the lawyers come down isn't really my top priority.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Undertaking is dangerous and directly caused the event in the video. Australians not recognizing that is our fault.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    All this hemming and hawing about traffic laws and etiquette is just convincing me that we need that self-driving car dystopia sooner rather than later.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    introp wrote: »
    If you bet that the white car is speeding, fun fact: here in Virginia, he'd also be at fault regardless of passing rules! Exceeding the speed limit here means you forfeit your right-of-way. (VA Code § 46.2-823)

This leads to all sorts of fuck-you moments here for people who accidentally give evidence of speeding! :D

I seem to recall that going 10+ over can lead to being arrested for reckless driving in Virginia. Is that true?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Get home see 60 posts in the Gif thread , get excited.

See a total of 3 gifs in those 60 posts, get a little sad. lol

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Get home see 60 posts in the Gif thread , get excited.

See a total of 3 gifs in those 60 posts, get a little sad. lol

Those 60 posts are at least partially your fault for getting over excited on the right

Thats illegal in Germany

Wassermelone on
  • Options

Fippin' nice.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Just put that down to different cultural perspectivs.

And if you ever have to drive on a highway in Europa, remember that if you go faster then cars in lanes to your left chances are high you'll get a ticket.

yo, hello from europe: this is bullshit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    and it's true for pretty much all laws: what the white car does after this happens is 100% A-ok because he is avoiding a car that's spinning out. Whether or not you would normally get ticketed, is totally irrelevant

and as for who's fault is it, no matter the country, we don't see what the white car was doing before this happened.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    and it's true for pretty much all laws: what the white car does after this happens is 100% A-ok because he is avoiding a car that's spinning out. Whether or not you would normally get ticketed, is totally irrelevant

and as for who's fault is it, no matter the country, we don't see what the white car was doing before this happened.

Wrong. We see it passing / overtaking the car filming. That is enough for a ticket.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    To me, the dress is black and blue.

sig.gif
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    introp wrote: »

I seem to recall that going 10+ over can lead to being arrested for reckless driving in Virginia. Is that true?

Automatic reckless if 20 over posted OR if you're doing 80+ anywhere, regardless of posted speed limit. (This is fun because VA now has some 70 mph posted roads. Those dingholes doing 80+ get gigantic-ass tickets.)

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    ySgu4I7.gif

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    the question that must be asked though is

how many here could pull that off

One part of me is utterly convinced that I am pretty much a cross between schumaker and chuck yeager and I would smoothly pull that off and do a pithy quote
    another part of me is utterly convinced that I would instead flail wildly and somehow hit four different cars while shouting nonsensical swearwords

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    that dude overcorrected way, way too much. like, twice

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I am an admittedly bad driver. If I had drive any of those cars there would have been a 20 car pileup.

I will also admit that I often pass on the right. But I always feel bad about it.

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    that dude overcorrected way, way too much. like, twice

Just practicing the Scandinavian Flick in the middle of a busy highway for the extra challenge.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

Nope, not going through that door.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the question that must be asked though is

how many here could pull that off

One part of me is utterly convinced that I am pretty much a cross between schumaker and chuck yeager and I would smoothly pull that off and do a pithy quote
    another part of me is utterly convinced that I would instead flail wildly and somehow hit four different cars while shouting nonsensical swearwords

I'm choosing to believe this comment is in response to trying to fist bump a cat since that's the gif directly above it.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Fistbumping a cat is dangerous, and should not be attempted in moving traffic.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    kvx3pgo4mlyy.gif
    Pencils and Parsecs says Say No To Spice
    giphy.gif

Spice and Sith Artifacts can lead you down a dark path
    giphy.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

WANT

• Options

This discussion has been closed.