As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kawase Hasui [chat]

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Everyone so often I remember "Torn" was a cover and get irrationally upset.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls Battle Royale would be great if it had that Bethesda lack of polish.

Have you tried the PvP in Cyrodiil?

It has that Bethesda jank but it's large scale objective based PvP

ESO PvP is the most gloriously janky pile of lovable nonsense imaginable. Its terrible and terrific.

It's utterly nonsensical and battles for a given fort are a whirl of chaos culminating in a surprise victory for one side
    There's something pleasing about the gigantic hordes that form massive trains, sweeping through the wilderness, consuming all in their wake. I had some fun with it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    a

NOTHINGS FINE I'M

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I don't have any trouble seeing either enemies or weapons in Pubg *shrug*

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls Battle Royale would be great if it had that Bethesda lack of polish.

ESO PvP is the most gloriously janky pile of lovable nonsense imaginable. Its terrible and terrific.

It's utterly nonsensical and battles for a given fort are a whirl of chaos culminating in a surprise victory for one side
    There's something pleasing about the gigantic hordes that form massive trains, sweeping through the wilderness, consuming all in their wake. I had some fun with it.

Quietly looking for Skyshards when suddenly you're enacting that scene with the huns from Mulan.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

Battlegrounds are great, but with a fairly steep learning curve.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

wait, what the fuck is this?

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Imagine open world PvP you can only opt in to

Now imagine you have a trebuchet in your inventory you can drop instantly and start bombarding your enemies

Now imagine 200 people are fighting over a single bridge and you're manning the trebuchet

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    FroThulhu wrote: »

wait, what the fuck is this?

https://open.spotify.com/track/3Ko0HG4tuWVE7Q9do59z4m

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

Now imagine you have a trebuchet in your inventory you can drop instantly and start bombarding your enemies

Now imagine 200 people are fighting over a single bridge and you're manning the trebuchet

go on

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Imagine you ARE a trebuchet

go on

Its just bonkers. MMO fights where the battle lines goes on beyond draw distance in either direction. The zone you fight over is massive. Easily 30 minutes to travel across the entire thing on a fast horse.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Then the Emperor shows up and 10v1s a bunch of kids.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Please everyone

Put your thoughts towards helping me in my time of need

We need to come together as a group and use the power of our minds to ensure that Siglet takes a long afternoon nap today

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Please everyone

We need to come together as a group and use the power of our minds to ensure that Siglet takes a long afternoon nap today

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take my energy, SIG!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

go on

I couldn't handle just how insignificant any individual is during the large scale battles

That and the entire combat system revolves around having infinite sustain and whoever has a bad streak of procs loses

Otherwise it is probably the most pure fun I've had in MMO PvP. As opposed to fun-only-in-victory.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

go on

I couldn't handle just how insignificant any individual is during the large scale battles

That and the entire combat system revolves around having infinite sustain and whoever has a bad streak of procs loses

Otherwise it is probably the most pure fun I've had in MMO PvP. As opposed to fun-only-in-victory.

Did you play during the earliest phases of the game when there was no knock-down protection and a single Sorcerer could Dark Shard lock someone to death?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Guys, my 2 weeks is in.

I'm getting a job I can walk to on the 12th.

Let's do it.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    errybody get them jobsssssss

(my big interview is on the 7th :eek:)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Torn may be a cover but the Natalie Imbruglia version is still perfect.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Guys, my 2 weeks is in.

Let's do it.

High five for walking to work

My walk is going to be 1 min 30 seconds depending on the one traffic light, how about yours

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Guys, my 2 weeks is in.

Let's do it.

High five for walking to work

My walk is going to be 1 min 30 seconds depending on the one traffic light, how about yours

About 4 minutes (2 city blocks) depending on 2 lights.

It's gonna be the fucking best.

Bogart wrote: »

Erasure of hard working Los Angeles dwelling Danes everywhere. In Los Angeles.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Aioua wrote: »
    errybody get them jobsssssss

(my big interview is on the 7th :eek:)

Good luck, sir. I know your current situation is... well, much like my own.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Idea: Visual novel with a supernatural Western theme with witches as the love interests.

All My Hexes Live in Texas

Ok. Im game. Im game to make this.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Please everyone

Good luck and godspeed

(lolololol we didn't sleep for 2 years ur doomd)

spool32 on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Ludious
    Can I make “All My Hexes Live In Texas” please??

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think working extremely close to home is even better than working from home, at least for me.

You interact with coworkers, you get the productivity bonus of a work environment and no home distractions, you have to shower and get dressed like a grown-up at a reasonable hour, but you still have no commute and you can just raid your own pantry for lunch.

Working from home feels good but in a toxic way for lazy fuckers like me.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm just going to keep doing stuff for free and hope it pays off some day.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

hmm..

no, the guy miming the cover is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8AggJ3_Xf0

wait no, me and Belasco singing it on Rockband while she does the mime part is the true perfection.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @Ludious

Sure. I get to write the dialogue of the joke love interest

there will be a joke love interest

it will be a Chili Relleno

I get 25%

Ludious wrote: »
    @Ludious

Sure. I get to write the dialogue of the joke love interest

there will be a joke love interest

it will be a Chili Relleno

I get 25%

I’ll hold you accountable for that.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    :whistle: Just a thimbleful of whiskey
    Helps babby go down
    Helps babby go down
    Helps babby go down

Just a thimbleful of whiskey
    Helps babby go down
    Into the land of Nod

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    and maybe a little incest?

Also if you want 25%, you’re gonna have to invest a bit for the art fund. :)

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Fortnite is PuBG but you can inexplicably break and build walls Minecraft-like.

and also it is
    • fun
    • more colorful
    • you can actually see things like weapons and enemies
    • despite having a more complex system with building and shit it somehow has more intuitive controls
    • gets better updates
    • literally the better game

Fortnite's controls are poop from a butt
    You can...definitely see weapons and enemies in pubg?

in pubg you have to stare at the ground and hope to like maybe make out a weapon or no is that just trash its not even something you can pick up

but in fortnite the weapons literally glow so you can see them

the amount of time spent in a house looting it for weapons in fortnite is exponentially shorter than the time spent doing the same in a house in pubg

also when someone shoots you in fortnite you can see where the bullets are coming from

in pubg you just die

cartoony violence is always better than trying to be realistic violence

Okay I'm on pc and not Console so that definitely changes things, I hear pubg on Console is pretty weak right now.

But also you should press tab to loot, don't hunt for items lying around, open the menu and click on em that way in pubg. Waaaay faster. Pubg also has replays now so you can see exactly how you died.

Also if you want 25%, you’re gonna have to invest a bit for the art fund. :)

we'll see

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Figuring out where incoming fire came from is a substantial portion of the pubg experience. It would be a lesser game without it.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.