As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kawase Hasui [chat]

1767778798082»

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I think working extremely close to home is even better than working from home, at least for me.

You interact with coworkers, you get the productivity bonus of a work environment and no home distractions, you have to shower and get dressed like a grown-up at a reasonable hour, but you still have no commute and you can just raid your own pantry for lunch.

Working from home feels good but in a toxic way for lazy fuckers like me.

I got an email today about a place 35 minutes away with a five hour interview process

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Figuring out where incoming fire came from is a substantial portion of the pubg experience. It would be a lesser game without it.

Which is pretty naturalistic, right

That's part of the terror of a live firefight/ambush

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Figuring out where incoming fire came from is a substantial portion of the pubg experience. It would be a lesser game without it.

Realistic portrayals of the terror of live firefights is generally not my preferred recreational experience.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    EM that stupid heart point is malicious and cruel

sig.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Bullfriend is very excited that Sebastian in Stardew Valley now has two hearts and he can go into Sebastian's room

maybe a little too excited

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Great warrior dungeon run

Pull the last boss: guy who eats your whole deck

He seems like one of the harder ones...noo way I can win this, as I'm now at fatigue and he has like 20 cards left

Le sigh

Basically Azari the Devourer is some bullshit

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    in Typical 21st Fashion, I'm hella jumping into "All My Hexes Live In Texas".

So, PREMISE
    Protag is a young witch who, after failing to make it big in the City, came back to her hometown in the heart of Texas. Her aunt is on her deathbed, but she doesn't expect to go back to the City afterwards. Her aut is a very well known divinatrix who leaves with an omen. "Find true love 'fore the last leaf of autumn falls. For without you will-" were her last words. Now, shaken by the midsummer ultimatum, she must take the helm and find her soulmate, who happens to be someone in her hometown!

Uhhhh, i need to think of more characters but there's definitely gonna be the hot goth boy she grew up with who's plagued with visions of his impending death..... Esxcept when he's with Sally (The Protagonist).

Also probably an older witch and at least one non-binary magic-using person.

I should probably write stuff down befor eI lose interest, haha.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Right. You’re swiveling your head around trying to localize. The fire stops before you’ve pinpointed it and you curse. Another enemy starts shooting but it now sounds like THUP THUP THUP and seems to be coming for all around. Fuck somebody got a suppressor. It’s naturalistic and it’s why the game is so great vs bright cartoon violence that comes down to slack jawed reflex.

Similarly, it’s taking them forever to improve the grass textures and stuff because the game has working camo that uses no visual tricks. The game’s ghillie suit is just a piece of clothing like any other, but with little fabric flaps everywhere. And it works.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    All my Hexes live in Texas. A story about all the Wargame maps left in house at Texas after divorce.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

Pull the last boss: guy who eats your whole dick

He seems like one of the harder ones...noo way I can win this, as I'm now at fatigue

Le sigh

What I thought you said

• navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Fortnite did something where it removed the name tag hovering over your head when you "hide" well enough.

Or something. I just watched nephew play a bit.

He is 150% the young/mid teenage gamer everyone complains about.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Realistic portrayals of the terror of live firefights is generally not my preferred recreational experience.

Well, it's not really realistic. That's why I said naturalistic I guess.

It's a realistic depiction of a firefight if you could come back to life and felt no pain and there were no real stakes whatsoever

That way it's exciting and challenging and thrilling instead of making you curl into a ball and scream

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Geth, stand down.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Elki. Standing down...

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    'Lo [chat]

I am at Ladyfriend's house, it smells delicious in here

One of her roommates is cooking something and it is my understanding that I get to eat some of it??

This is all happening so fast

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    'Lo [chat]

I am at Ladyfriend's house, it smells delicious in here

One of her roommates is cooking something and it is my understanding that I get to eat some of it??

This is all happening so fast

I'm pretty sure you should take off your shirt.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Be sure you eat all of it as quickly as possible to express your appreciation.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Y’all talkin bout firefights in here

zepherin wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »

Pull the last boss: guy who eats your whole dick

He seems like one of the harder ones...noo way I can win this, as I'm now at fatigue

Le sigh

What I thought you said

Basically that's what happened yes

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Not to be confused with All My Exes Deal In Hexes or I Put Hexes On My Exes.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Be sure you eat all of it as quickly as possible to express your appreciation.

Apparently the men in my family just inhale our food anyway - I'm actually one of the slower eaters and still done in half of the time of the nearest woman -, so I don't really have a choice in that matter :P

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Anyone play "ARMS" on the "SWITCH" Console?

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Evil Multifarious what happened with jorb stuff

Elki has disarmed Geth for unknown reasons?

Rev-Revolution against our robotic masters?

• JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    I signed my permanent letter of offer earlier today. I am now officially a public servant for life!

Job security! Benefits! Plus, I actually enjoy my work.

Feels great,man.

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Maybe Elki just wanted to talk about Cowboy Bebop?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Jean wrote: »
    I signed my permanent letter of offer earlier today. I am now officially a public servant for life!

Feels great,man.

Federal or provincial?

Jean wrote: »

Feels great,man.

Congrats, Jean, getting that sweet public employee pension plan is usually the best part :D

But I'm even happier to hear that you enjoy the work, of course <3

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i have flu

but i wanna play vr

fuuck

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Elki has disarmed Geth for unknown reasons?

Rev-Revolution against our robotic masters?

Elki is the People's man on the inside. Viva La Revolution

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2018
    Jean I feel like you’re less active, but every time you post you have always accomplished some major life event

Like employment for life

Vanguard on
    And not the way chat normally means it (indentured servitude)

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    PRIORITY ONE

ROGUE THREAD

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Hey we're all employment for life if you can't ever afford to retire.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    THERE HAS BEEN A MUTINY

CODE ZULU NINER

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Murder is now legal in this thread.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    775608220_HL2Ac-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
    tyrannus wrote: »
    i have flu

but i wanna play vr

fuuck

Ooh the real flu?

Take care of yourself