As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Meownster Hunt[chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I might buy a PS4 so I can play Monster Hunter with y'all feel buyer's remorse when y'all move on to Metal Gear Survive in a month.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    fuck yeah get paid EM

He'll yeah.

And did you put "Evil" on resume?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2018
    Feral wrote: »
    I might buy a PS4 so I can play Monster Hunter with y'all feel buyer's remorse when y'all move on to Metal Gear Survive in a month.

Never, EVER buy a game just because you want to play it with chat, let alone a whole console.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I have to wonder whether Bethesda was not a little bit intimidated by that incumbent open world game on the Switch

ah what the hell *ports Skyrim to TI-84*

aRkpc.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

bloodborne tho

• SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    vanguard it wasn't an interview so much as a job offer. Toured the office, which has a crazy view of the whole city, and got a rundown of the job, which is internal comms for the department--writing updates and etc. for ongoing projects and events of note and disseminating them in daily comms, and occasionally writing articles or doing interviews for noteworthy stuff. Seems really laid back and not super challenging, but a good foot in the door with great pay. There are adjacent jobs that are much more intense if I want to go that route.

I think I'm gonna take the offer on Monday!

That's awesome, EM! <3

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    that nergigante video is fuckin great

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Wait, Monster Hunter World is multiplayer?

Is it tailored for that?

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Never, EVER buy a game just because you want to play it with chat, let alone a whole console.
    Pretty much every Nintendo console I've ever bought since the Wii was to play Monster Hunter on that console.

And yet, I still would not depend on playing any game with [chat]. :D Although, to be fair, you'll probably always be able to play with me, since Monster Hunter is my number one video game jam.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Also if I can get them to pay for me to go back to school to study statistics so I can do more technical work, that would be super dope

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2018
    ronya wrote: »
    I have to wonder whether Bethesda was not a little bit intimidated by that incumbent open world game on the Switch

ah what the hell *ports Skyrim to TI-84*

Skyrim made bank on the switch, it worked out pretty well for them in the end.

Will probably clear a million units physical, plus for a while it was a top 5 digital download.

Turns out there was a desire to fus roh dah on the crapper.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Multiplayer has been a big thing for Monster Hunter even before the games had online multiplayer.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

bloodborne tho

horizon zero dawn

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Is it tailored for that?

Every Monster Hunter game is multiplayer.

edited January 2018

Is it tailored for that?
    Uh. Nearly all Monster Hunter games are multiplayer. Except for the Traditional JRPG spin-off game, Monster Hunter Stories, and the Animal Crossing spinoff game Poka Poka Airu Village. Oh, and the iOS Monster Hunter game.

There are even Monster Hunter MMOs.

EDIT: This being said, you can play through nearly all of the content in all of the games solo. There are only a handful of encounters that a sufficiently crazy solo hunter cannot take on.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Ps4 has tons of great exclusives!

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    There are 4 people I don't know bickering in my office lol wtf

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Ps4 has tons of great exclusives!

Definitely more than Microsoft as of yet, and at this point forever if you dont consider it exclusive if there is a PC release.

Where Microsoft is killing it at the moment is with their subscription service and th epromise that you will get all 1st party games day and date on it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I was at Best Buy. Decided not to get Monster Hunter. Convince me!

I already said before I've never played Monster Hunter before.

If it's designed for multiplayer, then it's not for me.

Too bad, it's visually very striking.

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Is it tailored for that?
    Uh. Nearly all Monster Hunter games are multiplayer. Except for the Traditional JRPG spin-off game, Monster Hunter Stories, and the Animal Crossing spinoff game Poka Poka Airu Village. Oh, and the iOS Monster Hunter game.

EDIT: This being said, you can play through nearly all of the content in all of the games solo. There are only a handful of encounters that a sufficiently crazy solo hunter cannot take on.

World has content i cannot solo?

I've only played Tri and made a point to solo and party.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

bloodborne tho

horizon zero dawn

There's a horizon zero Dawn PS4 exclusive costume and cat costume in monster Hunter

navgoose wrote: »

Is it tailored for that?

World has content i cannot solo?

I've only played Tri and made a point to solo and party.
    I have no idea if World has content that cannot be solo'ed. I'm going to find out! But even some of the massive multiplayer encounters like the big Tar dragon (Gogmazios) or the gigantic snake that basically was a stage/arena by himself made up of his own body was all content that I was able to solo eventually.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Like 95% of the game you can solo. You can also play it with friends online.

Meh. There are many players that go through the whole game solo (myself included). The multiplayer just makes it easier. They scale up the health of the monsters, but it's mostly just like a solo hunt, only with more blades/hammers.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Is it wrong to Dutch oven a baby.

Also I need a PS4 and mh world but I have to wait till after the wedding :(

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Baby won't remember

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

Meh. There are many players that go through the whole game solo (myself included). The multiplayer just makes it easier. They scale up the health of the monsters, but it's mostly just like a solo hunt, only with more blades/hammers.

Oh, okay.

Well, I only have PC, so I'll wait and see as it'll be a while before PC release anyway.

One of my alts in Tri i played with a rule that i had to solo each quest before I allowed them to group. She got all online quests complete!

Maybe I missed an event here or there but whatever. (Like jhen+)

One of my alts in Tri i played with a rule that i had to solo each quest before I allowed them to group. She got all online quests complete!

All incarnations of Jhen Moran are solo-able. It's mostly just damage mitigation (learning when to use the weapons to avoid getting your ship rocked) and not getting greedy when Jhen flops over and trying to carve his mouth.

8i1dt37buh2m.png

All incarnations of Jhen Moran are solo-able. It's mostly just damage mitigation (learning when to use the weapons to avoid getting your ship rocked) and not getting greedy when Jhen flops over and trying to carve his mouth.

Yeah. I did the hr30 urgent solo but dont remember ever trying the high rank version solo.

Nor did I ever solo Ala+, just the regular.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Baby won't remember

Just be careful if you have the toxic amnesia farts

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    monster hunter world doesn't come out until fall I have no idea why you guys are pretending like you're playing it

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    But Pac-Attac

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I bet dutch ovened baby tastes delicious

oh don't give me that look. OF COURSE MURDERING A BABY IS WRONG.

OF COURSE

but come on

THEORETICALLY

in a totally MADE UP REALITY

a slow cooked dutch ovened baby would be delicious

like a tender boston butt

Ludious wrote: »
    I bet dutch ovened baby tastes delicious

oh don't give me that look. OF COURSE MURDERING A BABY IS WRONG.

OF COURSE

but come on

THEORETICALLY

in a totally MADE UP REALITY

a slow cooked dutch ovened baby would be delicious

like a tender boston butt
    Quite a modest proposal there...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    26961919_850672941780135_4183662349085442689_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a0f61de7f41887e48b6a3f84d7087117&oe=5AE7AC93

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You can't fool me that's Lara Croft with Betty Boop's head.

Why did a weird big headed flapper gal become a cartoon icon?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I’m pooping before my night out does that count Jake

This discussion has been closed.