As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Dragon, FIGHT a Dragon! [FighterZ]

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
LAST TIME ON FIGHTING GAMES:

Arc System Works in association with Bandai Namco, created what is so far the best Dragon Ball themed fighting game to every grace this earth. Perhaps the wished for it on the Dragon Balls?

Anyway its out on PC, XboxOne, and PS4. And it looks beautiful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBI0MU73nlc

150lz84br08z.jpg
4tzr0c28qm5f.jpg

Or you can turn the graphics all the way down and pretend your playing on a Playstation 1
r6hvc1wtjf25.jpg

The controls feel great on this one, and theres none of that cumbersome flight fighting from some of the previous games.

So lets play together and talk about how cool Tien is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    This game is all kinds of cool. I just really need to practice a bunch so online matches stop being about watching my guys in a permanent horizontal state of ass being kicked. Puts a damper on the fun.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, if we get a list of people on different platforms going I'll add lists to the OP

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm loving this game so far. My team right now is krillin, cell, and fat buu, but I'm still trying people out

Speed Racer on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Not sure how that double post happened

Speed Racer on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    sitting in training mode like a true Z Fighter

I can't bring myself to play the bad guys, they were so bad that I hate them.

Right now I'm rolling Piccolo, Krillen, and Trunks

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Piccolo was a bad guy once!

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

Piccolo was a bad guy once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNIpBO-Y2k

But he was sorry!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    The story mode for this game is long. Maybe too long, with too many filler battles. There's a bunch of delightful character moments and conversations, though.

But anyway, I need to practice and git gud. Studs_Mackenzie needs to represent and not get totally bodied by every single opponent like in the beta.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    People always share that low PC graphics settings shot/video but seems like they never dig further into that thread to find out the game supports a resolution of 320x200.

Look at this:

I haven’t had a lot of time to play but I think my team is Cell/16/Goku Black but I kinda want to switch out Black fo Nappa just so I can run team big boys.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I'm getting the same feeling of fun that I did from Budokai 3.

I'm really enjoying this game.

SSG Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan is my team right now

subject to change

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yamcha/Tien/Krillin is my team so far.

I need to wrap my head around combos in this game. I can do basic stuff, but doing a combo, bouncing them off a wall, pursuing with the dragon rush and then continuing that combo is something that seems beyond my grasp right now

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I'm digging Fat Buu,Cell and Hit.

Hit is really complicated though . Not difficult to learn but tricky. Buu has really strong but easy to predict supers and Cell is just cool.

Freeza is weird They gave him the only proper transformation in the game and if you fuck up when it runs out youre open to huge payback.

Beerus looks fun. Still figuring him out. love his animations.

Lack of Mr. Satan is disappointing

Still liking this over all.

Add me on Live - Jack Lupus. I'm not on a ton except on my days off but hit me up if you see me I'll play a match or two

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've mostly been playing the story mode so far. I had expected 21's majin form to be the result of a long evil quest, but I guess she has it right from the start.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The story mode is basically non stop Fan Service and I love it even if it is super grindy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The only thing I don't like about the story, and this is actually kind of a big bummer, is you have to button through every individual line of dialogue

Let me just watch the thing!

6F32U1X.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The story mode is basically non stop Fan Service and I love it even if it is super grindy
    I dont think levels matter much. Ive skipped a ton of fights. Skills seem more vital

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Trying to find a good point-man for a team containing Vegeta and Tien. They're well-rounded characters with good assists, so almost anyone could head the team, really. I've been experimenting with Kid Buu and 16, and am thinking of maybe using A-Gohan. But there's so many characters that I'm truly unsure of who I actually want. Goku Black, maybe? Captain Ginyu or Freeza? Cell?

Enlong on
    Krillin is maybe the one character in the game I absolutely do not want to play, but I'm always excited when someone is good with Krillin

6F32U1X.png
    edited January 2018
    I'll put this in this thread too

There are currently two conflicting reports of who the 8 DLC characters are, both claim to be datamined out of the PC version of the game
    - Bardock
    - Broly
    - Fuu
    - Goku (Kid)
    - Janemba
    - Jiren
    - Kefla
    - Toppo
    - Android 17
    - Bardock
    - Broly
    - Cooler
    - Goku (Base)
    - Vegeta (Base)
    - Vegito
    - Zamasu

The second one is more dubious to me because it's based off of who is getting lobby avatars added, and several of them are characters who already appear in the game anyway, the first feels much more plausible

Alternatively, maybe they're both fake!

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    Yeah I don't buy that second one

4 of those characters are already modeled and in the game, having them be DLC would be lame as hell, especially
    since they all would be similar/closes of existing characters

CYpGAPn.png
    Movie vilians all suck so I'm hoping neither is right.

I want guys from super. I think they got the most of the A list from Z already.

That said the top list is better than the bottom

Who is Fuu?

Beerus is a movie villain, and Beerus is great

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    He started out as one but is a major part of Super

CYpGAPn.png
    I finished the first arc with the good guys

there were actually some cutscenes that made me laugh

I got a feeling the bad guy arc is gonna be good

Xehalus wrote: »
    I finished the first arc with the good guys

there were actually some cutscenes that made me laugh

I got a feeling the bad guy arc is gonna be good
    I'm a few chapters in and it is really fun

Mostly because, unlike the good guys, you almost never actually see characters like Cell and Freiza interact so it is really neat to watch them butt heads

CYpGAPn.png
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I'm all for Kefla.

Give me that 18, 21 and Kefla team.

was Cell always so persnickety

I remember him being really smug but he's basically Confident C-3PO in this

6F32U1X.png

Once he becomes Perfect, yeah

He's smug and uppity as fuck

CYpGAPn.png

Toriyama made Beerus and by all accounts is just his actual cat so that's different.

I should clarify I mean the original 12 movies. The super movies aren't terrible. Little bloated but at least they try.

Who is Fuu?

Fuu is an original character for the Xenoverse games

again, another thing I find very plausible about that list, a little bit of cross-promotion in there and a lot of Super characters

6F32U1X.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    If they added a Xenoverse character I would much rather have Towa.

More lady characters please.

edited January 2018
    Yeah. I'd much prefer Towa with Mira assists (17 or Ginyu Force-style) than Fuu.

Her level 3 could be paralyzing the enemy with dark magicscience and then having a Mira, Bardock, or slew of movie villains beat the crap out of them.

Enlong on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Once he becomes Perfect, yeah

He's smug and uppity as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRM-myGGZTE

edited January 2018
    if I can get Janemba, Frieza, and 21 and have an all giant tail squad

that would be cool

Xehalus on
    There's Beerus. He's got a sizable tail.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I've been trying to get into Hit because a lot of his moves seem really cool

However, he is slow as fuck and it is really hard to zone someone out enough so he can get into his stance and start doing some work

Maybe I'm just terrible at this

I would have had a lot more patience for the story mode if they didn't lock Android 21 behind beating all of it