As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Movies] that may not include Star Wars

19495969798100»

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    you could watch lockout aka space jail if you want to see an okay-enough space rip-off escape from New York

And you'd get a bonus of watching a movie that was directly financed by stolen money!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Well, I love a good heist movie.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    you could watch lockout aka space jail if you want to see an okay-enough space rip-off escape from New York

And you'd get a bonus of watching a movie that was directly financed by stolen money!

Wait
    Stolen from whom

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Wait
    Stolen from whom

My bad! I got it confused with another series of films.

But I did remember it got into some sort of legal trouble:
    In 2015 director John Carpenter successfully sued the film’s makers in the Tribunal de grande instance de Paris alleging Lockout plagiarized his films Escape from New York and Escape from L.A.. The court awarded him damages of €20,000, Escape from New York screenwriter Nick Castle got €10,000, and €50,000 was given to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. After Besson’s appeal was rejected in July 2016, the claimant’s total damages were increased to €450,000.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    The opening scene of Winter Soldier is MGS, but how I play MGS3-V (ie it counts as stealth if there's nobody conscious or alive to tell anyone else I was there).

They shouldn't have looked.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I just had to stop watching Ingrid Goes West at the 30 minute mark. I really admire Aubrey Plaza, but the level of social anxiety has exceeded my capacity. I presume if you were able to watch The Office this is a very fine film, and I'm happy for you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Well, I think I found my next one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oakNlTdDm-8&list=LLTQnO5AuzTXKjxKMFD9DwZA&index=1

And to be fair, I had heard Logan was amazing and pretty much an anti-super hero movie, I just never got around to actually seeing it.

manwiththemachinegun on
This discussion has been closed.