As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I just wrote up my list for my weekly game night tomorrow. Doing something just silly, running a full black legion list with Abbadon and a termi drop.

I am just pulling out all the units I almost never really use like a biker squad and a my raptors because it looks fun. Also bikes with the black legion trait are pretty good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    There's a BFG:Armada sequel in the works and the teaser trailer has it set during the Indomitus Crusade. I'm going to take the fact that at least some element of BFG is now being moved into M41 proper as a sign that GW is starting to roll on a BFG re-release. And if they could do one of their made-to-order things for BFG ships to mark the occasion of the game's shipping, that'd be nice too.

Down side is that the game is going to include the Necrons, so good luck with the balance guys.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    That Cryptek looks cool, but the only thing they're hinting at as being new is more wargear choices, so that's nice if not doing WYSIWYG....which I don't know anyone locally who demands it.

I wonder what else is coming....
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Down side is that the game is going to include the Necrons, so good luck with the balance guys.
    Apparently, the first games balance wasn't very good at all anyways in multiplayer, so ....yeah....

The campaign was fun and 40k, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    TSons preview #2 is up

Some actual stats, the Mutalith Beast table, and the shaman's base ability.

Overall looking pretty good I would say.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    There's a BFG:Armada sequel in the works and the teaser trailer has it set during the Indomitus Crusade. I'm going to take the fact that at least some element of BFG is now being moved into M41 proper as a sign that GW is starting to roll on a BFG re-release. And if they could do one of their made-to-order things for BFG ships to mark the occasion of the game's shipping, that'd be nice too.

For a second I thought you were talking about a new Armada book and got really excited.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Since GW doesn't appear to know what to do with Slaanesh, I've been thinking of non-sexual ways of representing the Dark Prince. Some idle thoughts for other concepts that can be represented:

Parental love: Unit of little daemon children (pig-tails, teddy bears etc) hiding knives behind backs or daemonic faces behind masks. Can't be attacked outside of close combat. (Too cute to shoot until they start stabbing you.)

Greed: An ornate cannon that shoots either a blast of gold coins (anti-horde) or a stream of molten gold (anti-vehicle).

Lust for power: A herald dressed like a king, complete with crown, ermine cape, royal sceptre etc. Debuffs enemy units.

Gluttony: Really fat daemonettes. Low speed, high resilience objective campers.

Music: Daemonic orchestra. Enemies become enamoured and can't attack (debuff), or dance until they die (mortal wounds).

Music: Daemonic fiddler (special herald). Same as above.

Art: Daemonette artist painting portraits, which steals the souls of enemies. Either a simple life steal mechanic, or to be sucked in then released later as a powerful blast attack.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Slaanesh is just excess and beauty so i would probably skip gluttony.

The drive to perfection though would be the one I would focus on. Lucius kind hints at it with some of his rules.

High attacks verse characters. High speed movement. Dodge/invuln in close combat. This is a good base.

For shooting snipers makes sense, the perfect shot.

And then you can move into some things with art, dance, and narcissism. Sigvald the Magnificent guard had mirror armor and shields so he could look at himself. Mirror armor that reflects, or stuns like flashbangs would be neat.

The sex, drugs, and rock n' roll part of Slaanesh is very much tied to the old heavy metal part of Warhammer. But I think there is a lot to work there that isn't androgynous six boob daemons.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I would make Slaanesh take a higher penalty for things like failed leadership saves because of pride.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    The new daemon codex explicitly mention gluttony as an aspect of Slaanesh.

I feel desire to be a key aspect of the Dark Prince; the first 4 of my suggestions are all non-sexual desire. The final 3 focuses on art, which is strongly associated with Slaanesh. I agree that perfection (or the drive towards it) is another aspect of the Prince.

In any case, I feel branching out with Slaanesh would be a good, cool choice, and perhaps help with marketability.

• Options

I feel desire to be a key aspect of the Dark Prince; the first 4 of my suggestions are all non-sexual desire. The final 3 focuses on art, which is strongly associated with Slaanesh. I agree that perfection (or the drive towards it) is another aspect of the Prince.

In any case, I feel branching out with Slaanesh would be a good, cool choice, and perhaps help with marketability.

I feel looks wise Gluttony feels Nurgle like. I know that is more bloating but still.

You are talking about that dudes walk through the Palace of Slaanesh right?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I would make Slaanesh take a higher penalty for things like failed leadership saves because of pride.

One of the Army traits available for Slaanesh in AoS (there are 3) let's you take multiple warlords, with the drawback being that if they are too close to eachother they'll start arguing about who the real leader is.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I feel looks wise Gluttony feels Nurgle like. I know that is more bloating but still.

There’s that slaneesh daemon world that’s just a really big fat guy.

• Options

There, too, but also p 22, the ingress at the top of the page: "He is the God of Obsession, the Master of Excess in All Things, from gluttony to lust to megalomania."

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    My meta is starting a narrative campaign involving Inquisitors, so everyone is building a retinue. The plan is to escalate starting with Shadow War games and then small scale 40K games that then grow in size, culminating in an apocalypse game. Basically the retinue will be built using Shadow War rules, but once the 40k games start everyone will have a 40k point limit but their currently existing retinue from Shadow War will also be included in their army, essentially being a free extra detachment.

While the Inquisitor and their acolytes (and one free special operative) won't cost points in the 40K games, their transports will. I'm currently trying to decide what I should give them as a dedicated transport once those games start. My retinue is an Inquisitor plus five other models, so my initial impulse is to throw them into a dual assault cannon Razorback and call it a day, but I have a beat up old Chimera that I picked up for free and am not doing anything with (it's missing the rear hatch and needs a little bit of work, but it would be doable). The other option I guess would be to throw them into a Rhino Primaris that I custom-built, but I think that might be overkill.

Outside of the Inquisitor, the rest of the retinue is kinda shitball (all S3 T3 humans with boltguns, one with a plasma pistol and one with a flashlight), so I'm not sure if I want to throw them in something cheap and hold them back so I'll know they'll be protected, or if I should throw them in something beefier and actually throw them into combat. I guess I could put them in a Rhino with an Apothecary and a Captain and a couple other characters to act as bodyguards, but then I'm spending a lot of points to keep a single group of dudes alive. The only other transport options I have are a Drop Pod and a Land Raider.

Maybe I should just say fuck it and buy a Valkyrie.

• Options
    Storm Raven time!

Get that flying land raider!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    First LVO is nuts. The top 8 is a complete shift from the last few runs.

4 Eldar (2 Ynnari, 2 Aeldari all Dark Reaper Spam), 2 Blood Angels (1 Imperial soup with guard, 1 a mostly primaris+sanuinary guard list), 1 Death Guard (1/2 DG and half Tzeentch Daemons with 500 points of reserve summoning), 1 Space Wolf with a small BA supreme command group.

Which is partially what I would expect (Dark Reaper Spam) but I was expecting summoning DG+Tzeentch or space puppies.

Top 4 list here:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/733325.page#9806476

In other news I played a 2v1 tonight. I was the 1 with 2k point black legion list. I was trying something new.

My list:
    ++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [51 PL, 998pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Legion: Black Legion

+ HQ +

Abaddon the Despoiler [12 PL, 240pts]

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [14 PL, 264pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Chaos Terminator Champion: Chainfist, Combi-plasma
    . Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power axe
    . Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power axe, Reaper autocannon

Helbrute [7 PL, 126pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Helbrute fist: Combi-bolter

Helbrute [7 PL, 126pts]: Mark of Slaanesh

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Bikers [5 PL, 116pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Chaos Biker: Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter, Plasma gun
    . Chaos Biker: Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter, Plasma gun
    . Chaos Biker Champion: Combi-bolter, Combi-plasma

Raptors [6 PL, 126pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . 2x Raptor
    . Raptor Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
    . Raptor w/ special weapon: Meltagun
    . Raptor w/ special weapon: Meltagun

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [21 PL, 316pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 76pts]: Bolt pistol, Mark of Slaanesh, Power maul

Sorcerer with Jump Pack [7 PL, 120pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Mark of Tzeentch, Prescience, Warptime

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 40pts]: 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh
    . Cultist Champion: Autogun

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [45 PL, 685pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 167pts]: Defiler scourge, Mark of Slaanesh, Reaper autocannon

Havocs [10 PL, 130pts]: No Chaos Mark
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
    . Havoc w/ boltgun
    . Havoc w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

Havocs [10 PL, 148pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
    . Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
    . Havoc w/ boltgun
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Heavy bolter
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Lascannon
    . Havoc w/ heavy weapon: Missile launcher

Maulerfiend [9 PL, 152pts]: Lasher tendrils, Mark of Slaanesh

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 88pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Slaanesh, Power fist

++ Total: [117 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I wasn't going super competitive but did take stuff mostly that I could use the black legion trait with like bikes, my running plasma and helbrutes with dual combi-bolters. It was what I would call good enough for a fun night, with tweaks and swapping it to Alpha Legion it could almost be competitive.

My opponents from memory:
    +++ Opponent's (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) ++

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger
    . Categories: Chaos, Daemon, Death Guard, Heavy Support, Heretic Astartes, Nurgle, Vehicle, Daemon Engine, Plagueburst Crawler

+ HQ +

Lord of Contagion: Manreaper
    . Categories: HQ, Character, Infantry, Terminator, Death Guard, Nurgle, Heretic Astartes, Chaos, Lord of Contagion

Malignant Plaguecaster: Blades of Putrefaction, Miasma of Pestilence, The Suppurating Plate
    . Categories: Character, Death Guard, HQ, Infantry, Heretic Astartes, Nurgle, Psyker, Chaos, Malignant Plaguecaster

+ Elites +

Noxious Blightbringer: Plasma pistol
    . Categories: Character, Death Guard, Infantry, Heretic Astartes, Nurgle, Elites, Chaos, Noxious Blightbringer

Tallyman: Plasma pistol
    . Categories: Chaos, Character, Death Guard, Elites, Heretic Astartes, Infantry, Nurgle, Tallyman

+ Fast Attack +

Myphitic Blight-haulers
    . Categories: Chaos, Daemon, Daemon Engine, Death Guard, Fast Attack, Heretic Astartes, Nurgle, Vehicle, Myphitic Blight-haulers
    . Myphitic Blight-hauler: Bile spurt, Missile launcher, Multi-melta

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists: 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
    . Categories: Troops, Heretic Astartes, Infantry, Death Guard, Nurgle, Chaos, Chaos Cultists

Plague Marines
    . Categories: Nurgle, Heretic Astartes, Infantry, Chaos, Death Guard, Troops, Plague Marines
    . Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife, Power fist
    . 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines
    . Categories: Nurgle, Heretic Astartes, Infantry, Chaos, Death Guard, Troops, Plague Marines
    . Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife, Power fist
    . 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
    . Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regiment: Vostroyan
    . Categories: No Force Org Slot

+ HQ +

Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol
    . Categories: Astra Militarum, Imperium, (REGIMENT), Character, Infantry, Company Commander, Officer, HQ

Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol
    . Categories: Astra Militarum, Imperium, (REGIMENT), Character, Infantry, Company Commander, Officer, HQ

Primaris Psyker: Force Stave, Psychic Barrier, Psychic Maelstrom
    . Categories: Astra Militarum, Astra Telepathica, Character, HQ, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris Psyker, Psyker, Scholastica Psykana

+ Elites +

Atlas Recovery Tank: Heavy bolter
    . Categories: Astra Militarum, Death Korps of Krieg, Elites, Atlas, Imperium, Vehicle

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad: 9x Guardsman
    . Categories: (REGIMENT), Astra Militarum, Imperium, Infantry, Infantry Squad, Troops
    . Sergeant: Laspistol

. Categories: (REGIMENT), Astra Militarum, Imperium, Infantry, Infantry Squad, Troops

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regiment: Vostroyan
    . Categories: No Force Org Slot

+ Lord of War +

Hellhammer: Autocannon, Demolisher cannon, Twin heavy bolter
    . Categories: (REGIMENT), Astra Militarum, Hellhammer, Lord of War, Imperium, Titanic, Vehicle

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) ++

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Enginseer: Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm
    . Categories: Tech-Priest, Infantry, Enginseer, Faction: <FORGE WORLD>, Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus, Faction: Astra Militarum, Faction: Imperium, Faction: Cult Mechanicus, HQ

Tech-Priest Enginseer: Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm
    . Categories: Tech-Priest, Infantry, Enginseer, Faction: <FORGE WORLD>, Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus, Faction: Astra Militarum, Faction: Imperium, Faction: Cult Mechanicus, HQ

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Graia

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers: 4x Skitarii Ranger
    . Categories: Troops, Faction: <FORGE WORLD>, Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus, Faction: Imperium, Faction: Skitarii
    . Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle
    . . Categories: Infantry, Skitarii Rangers

Skitarii Rangers: 4x Skitarii Ranger
    . Categories: Troops, Faction: <FORGE WORLD>, Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus, Faction: Imperium, Faction: Skitarii
    . Ranger Alpha: Galvanic rifle
    . . Categories: Infantry, Skitarii Rangers

Skitarii Vanguards: 4x Skitarii Vanguard
    . Categories: Troops, Faction: <FORGE WORLD>, Faction: Astra Militarum, Faction: Imperium, Faction: Skitarii
    . Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine
    . . Categories: Infantry, Skitarii Vanguard

++ Total: [127 PL, 2007pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I think the recovery tank is right. I might be off a little in here. It was the thing that let vehicles reroll 1s to hit and I think it was forgeworld.

I was worried about the Hellhammer. I am not use to super heavies. My army wasn't really ranged and built to deal with a knight or super heavy tonight. I ended up killing it on my second turn with my melee defiler. The 5+ to overwatch cp ability and the fact it overwatches even if I am in close combat is ugh. Ate my first helbrute as it charged. I didn't even try with the second. The Defiler killed it because they are beast if they do get into close combat with something with the defiler scourge. He was also near my apostle which helped.

Abbadon is also a beast. Killed 2 characters and soloed a plague marine squad and lost two wounds, one was to his own sword, I rolled a 1.

For shits and giggles I chaos booned him as he killed characters. By the end he was 6 toughness and had a 30" range talon of horus. My last few games I actually have been able to use chaos boon on characters. Worth it every time. Even if I roll snake eyes because it is just fun.

I ended up winning 12-9 on points. Also I think I had 13 as I had line breaker as well. A lone termi was trying and failing to kill a plague burst crawler with a power axe.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    The "Space Wolves" list is 6 IG Infantry squads and then a bunch of SW and BA HQs and 3 assassins (1 of each except Vindicare). Then one of the BA lists is ten infantry squads, a hundred guardsmen! I'm happy to see the remaining imperial list was actually not an imperial guard list but I see they didn't make it to the top 4 =/

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Was it a previous tournament that spurred GW into applying the errata to conscripts, malefic lords and the rest? Might see a few dark reaper changes sooner rather than later.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Was it a previous tournament that spurred GW into applying the errata to conscripts, malefic lords and the rest? Might see a few dark reaper changes sooner rather than later.

I think that Reapers saw a point increase a few weeks after the codex was as released.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    One of those Ynnari lists in the top 8 doesn't take any Dark Reapers, for what it's worth.

Which is pretty crazy considering how hard the Ynnari have already been nerfed.

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    2hr 30min time limit actively hurts the kind of armies that do well against reapers, big hordes.

The game has so many rerolls and requires so much precision for assault moves, it can be hard to get through 3 turns with 150+ models.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/3lRSbCYHIRg

TSons verse Imperial Soup (UM+Custodes). I really do think I will be picking up Tsons stuff as a secondary detachment army to my Emps Children/Alpha Legion main.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Does anyone make something like a movement tray of individual base holders linked end to end? Like O-O-O-O and so on, that can move and twist around so you can maneuver them in a line instead of static trays. Something like that could speed up moving hordes in tournaments while maintaining your conga lines and chaff rows.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I knew of a company that used to but that was a different age in Warhammer
    I knew of someone that had one of those warfield push bars and was quite skilled on pushing his army around the board {he played Orcs}

Really finding out the state of what my armies are at and what to do to fix them is interesting. My Tyranid army needs a Hive Tyrant
    My Necron just needs the Canoptek Spyder and Wraiths and so on down
    It's just weird to see where I left off nearly 10 years ago how it's the same and vastly different

• Options
    Does anyone make something like a movement tray of individual base holders linked end to end? Like O-O-O-O and so on, that can move and twist around so you can maneuver them in a line instead of static trays. Something like that could speed up moving hordes in tournaments while maintaining your conga lines and chaff rows.

One of my club members has the for his plagues. I think they hold 5 each and spread them out a little bit. I think he got them on special order at NOVA not sure from where.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

One of my club members has the for his plagues. I think they hold 5 each and spread them out a little bit. I think he got them on special order at NOVA not sure from where.

Tectonic Craft Studios makes some. Dan's at goddamn every convention in the US. He's been at NOVA for at least the last 4 years that I've been going. He's a swell guy and you should give him your business. I believe he will also do custom movement trays if you ask him.

https://tectoniccraftstudios.com/collections/movement-trays/products/perfect-spaced-skirmish-trays

Also his terrain and other things are rad as well. I have an archway for 40k and it's so sturdy you could bludgeon someone with it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2018

Ebay has a pretty good variety, with this one as an example

Though I think you might mean something more modular than that...

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options

Tectonic Craft Studios makes some. Dan's at goddamn every convention in the US. He's been at NOVA for at least the last 4 years that I've been going. He's a swell guy and you should give him your business. I believe he will also do custom movement trays if you ask him.

https://tectoniccraftstudios.com/collections/movement-trays/products/perfect-spaced-skirmish-trays

Also his terrain and other things are rad as well. I have an archway for 40k and it's so sturdy you could bludgeon someone with it.

These are the exact ones I was thinking of. They are really nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    one nice thing about 8th is not having to worry about getting hit with a template if you don't space your models perfecr

• Options
    The LVO finals are Eldar verse Eldar. *yawn*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Eldar apparently made up a fifth of the top 100 players at LVO.

Dark Reapers and Alaitoc look like obvious candidates for the nerf bat, but I'm not even sure what they can do with Ynnari at this point.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Dark Reapers and Alaitoc look like obvious candidates for the nerf bat, but I'm not even sure what they can do with Ynnari at this point.

Reduce the range that causes a soul burst? I am not sure.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

Make them their own codex with their own units (maybe including some unique ones too?) and unit costs that account for Strength from Death rather than pulling prices from other books together.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Make them their own codex with their own units (maybe including some unique ones too?) and unit costs that account for Strength from Death rather than pulling prices from other books together.

Well I really wait and see as the last two of the aeldari are due out but they are the lighter of the group codex wise
    I really wait and see what GW does about this as I am very curious

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, sadly in finecast:
    EisenhornModel-Jan29-Image7ju.jpg

• Options
    I want it, but I don't want finecast.

*looks at his stack of noise marine finecast he has to paint*

*sighs*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    That's pretty nice.

The model actually looks more realistically proportioned than that artwork.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I appreciate the idea but I don't like that miniature... I feel like the third party copyright violation "Inquisitor Gregor" that it's been out for a while is a much better model, and I felt the same way about their respective versions of Blood Raven Chaptermasters. Forgeworld isn't doing a great job with these characters IMHO =/

Third party model for comparison

il_570xN.1383866296_b1lo.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2018
    The GW Eisenhorn mimicks their plastic house style, so much that you can't even tell that it's a resin model, while that third party model would fit better with Forgeworld's Death Corps or Elysians with its less heroic proportions and finer detailing.

I don't like some of the details on that "Gregor" model, though. The fingers on the pistol grip look much too short, the way the neck works seems off and the flow of the coat at the left side of his chest seems a bit flat/weird.

honovere on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I appreciate the idea but I don't like that miniature... I feel like the third party copyright violation "Inquisitor Gregor" that it's been out for a while is a much better model, and I felt the same way about their respective versions of Blood Raven Chaptermasters. Forgeworld isn't doing a great job with these characters IMHO =/

Third party model for comparison

il_570xN.1383866296_b1lo.jpg

That guy makes a Boneshees Squad which:
    1) Looks pretty awesome.
    2) The name manages to hit a bizarrely amusing sweet spot of doing the absolute bare minimum to not actually copy GW's unit name.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
This discussion has been closed.