As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Games!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Tokaido is an adorable, light board game, now on in the Google Play Store with nice production value.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWVTGxAH4xs

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Thats been out for months. The graphics are amazing and I love Tokaido.

Howeverrrr the expacs aren't in the digital version and the AI is dumb. It is only fun against other humans (hotseat or online) and it helps when you dont know much about the improvements that the expacs bring to the game.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Animal Crossing: 6761 0337 029.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried playing Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition on their phone? I see it's 50% off right now on the play store and I'm tempted to use my google rewards to get it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried playing Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition on their phone? I see it's 50% off right now on the play store and I'm tempted to use my google rewards to get it.

Actually yeah, I opened this thread to ask that too. Specifically if it's actually playable on 6 inch phablet screen. Because it totally wasn't on my old Iphone 5s

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Recommend on!

Does the Internet hive mind consider there to one Kairosoft game that's better than the others... or are they all pretty much the same?

I think my girlfriend would enjoy a mobile Tycoon-style game and I'm thinking about telling her to install one of the Kairosoft titles.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Recommend on!

Does the Internet hive mind consider there to one Kairosoft game that's better than the others... or are they all pretty much the same?

I think my girlfriend would enjoy a mobile Tycoon-style game and I'm thinking about telling her to install one of the Kairosoft titles.

They are gacha games rather? I think the metro station one is their most popular title.

If she is looking for a proper tycoon-game she should look no further than Rollercoaster Tycoon.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Not up her alley.

Also, Kairosoft games aren't what I understand gacha games to be. The older ones don't even have IAPs.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I haven't disliked any of them. Pocket Harvest was my favorite but really it's just preference...Mega Mall, Venture Town, Game Dev Story and Hot Springs were great too. The only bad thing is at 5 bucks each you can't just buy them all.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I've only played a few, but Game Dev Story was the one that hooked me.

• Options
    Thanks!

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I like Dungeon Village a lot. Game Dev Story is good too.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I typically like the ones where you develop people/things/teams over time rather than the placement-based ones. So I have enjoyed Game Dev Story, Dungeon Village, Grand Prix Story, Cafeteria Nipponica, and whatever the soccer one is called.

They do have more F2P styled newer games now, but the old ones are all still available. The old ones are all $5 or less, one purchase gets the whole thing, and most of them have a Lite version as a demo.

• Options

Did you bite the bullet? I'm still waffling

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Did you bite the bullet? I'm still waffling

No I didn't. I probably wouldn't get around to it anytime soon either. I've got a phone backlog in to of my steam. Does anyone have any experience with either of how the Baldur's Gate games played on phone? That would probably give an idea as well

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Stormbound is a pretty fun game. Duelyst + Clash Royale + Hearthstone. Its like Duelyst (turn based grid system CCG) with upgradeable units/spells/buildings and lanes like Clash Royale or Force Arena and a multiplayer ranking system like Hearthstone. Been playing it for a couple weeks and its overtaken Clash Royale as my go to game. Quicker to progress, more fun to play, less stressful.

There's a campaign to unlock quite a few cards and daily missions that reward a decent amount of coin to buy packs in the store.

After beating the campaign that first day or two, I jumped into multiplayer. I initially got really annoyed because I would come up against other players that had a straight advantage on me since their cards were numerically just better than mine. Combine that with the strategy being a bit different than any game I've played before and I lost many of my initial matches.

Realizing that I was playing at a disadvantage, I'd just focus on completing my daily missions (play x number of units/spells/buildings, win 3 times as x faction, etc), collect my coins, buy a pack* if able, and then log out. After a few days of this I got a decent collection and started regularly beating people even if they had a card power advantage**. Over the next week or so I was gaining rank pretty quickly and earning decent rewards with each rank up. I worked myself up to Rank 22 or so on the ladder where I was consistently punching above my weight and hit a wall when the season ended.

I'd recommend this to anyone who likes CCG and tactical games. Definitely give it some time to allow your collection to build first.

*When opening a pack it gives the player the option to "upgrade" it by watching an ad. I'd recommend doing that since its usually a pretty short video and adds 33% more rewards to the pack. Worth it, imo.
    **I will still straight quit, though, if I come up against someone playing legendary after legendary. The card balance for those is completely unfair. Luckily there are very very few people with a deck full of legendaries. At least at the sub-15 rank so far.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I definitely saw someone playing Oxenfree on their phone the other day. Seemed like an older lady.

What's a good Android game? I'm starting to hit that wall in Match Land where I need to grind to get eggs to upgrade my guys and I feel like I'm waiting constantly. Toy Blast is good but also timers, and Paint It Black is old hat by now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I like match three type games for my phone and have been playing Angry Birds Match for my fix.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I like match three type games for my phone and have been playing Angry Birds Match for my fix.

I've gotten hooked on the evil that is Gardenscapes and Homescapes. I do play Angry Birds match sometimes too - but founds that overall I like the Scapes ones a bit better (particularly Gardenscapes).

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Gems of War is the best Match 3 game going. Actually has some strategy

I burnt out on it but it took a few months

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Through the Ages is still probably one of my most played phone games right now. But I can play a dozen or two async multiplayer games at once.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I've gotten hooked on the evil that is Gardenscapes and Homescapes. I do play Angry Birds match sometimes too - but founds that overall I like the Scapes ones a bit better (particularly Gardenscapes).

Good to know. I have been eyeing those up since they advertise so much in AB Match. Just haven't pulled the trigger for some strange reason.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Gems of War is the best Match 3 game going. Actually has some strategy

I burnt out on it but it took a few months

Still play that one daily. The CCG-elements and strategizing make it a lot of fun. It also just allows you to play as much as you want to, which is great if you just want to match some fucking gems while you're on the toilet.

• Options
    Asmodee released Carcasonne today!

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Asmodee released Carcasonne today!

Weird. I got Carcassonne for Android in a humble mobile bundle a long time ago. Is this a better version?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Stormbound is a pretty fun game. Duelyst + Clash Royale + Hearthstone. Its like Duelyst (turn based grid system CCG) with upgradeable units/spells/buildings and lanes like Clash Royale or Force Arena and a multiplayer ranking system like Hearthstone. Been playing it for a couple weeks and its overtaken Clash Royale as my go to game. Quicker to progress, more fun to play, less stressful.

There's a campaign to unlock quite a few cards and daily missions that reward a decent amount of coin to buy packs in the store.

After beating the campaign that first day or two, I jumped into multiplayer. I initially got really annoyed because I would come up against other players that had a straight advantage on me since their cards were numerically just better than mine. Combine that with the strategy being a bit different than any game I've played before and I lost many of my initial matches.

Realizing that I was playing at a disadvantage, I'd just focus on completing my daily missions (play x number of units/spells/buildings, win 3 times as x faction, etc), collect my coins, buy a pack* if able, and then log out. After a few days of this I got a decent collection and started regularly beating people even if they had a card power advantage**. Over the next week or so I was gaining rank pretty quickly and earning decent rewards with each rank up. I worked myself up to Rank 22 or so on the ladder where I was consistently punching above my weight and hit a wall when the season ended.

I'd recommend this to anyone who likes CCG and tactical games. Definitely give it some time to allow your collection to build first.

*When opening a pack it gives the player the option to "upgrade" it by watching an ad. I'd recommend doing that since its usually a pretty short video and adds 33% more rewards to the pack. Worth it, imo.
    **I will still straight quit, though, if I come up against someone playing legendary after legendary. The card balance for those is completely unfair. Luckily there are very very few people with a deck full of legendaries. At least at the sub-15 rank so far.

Maybe try out Eternal if the game is too unbalanced. Free pack for first win of the day. Drafting is generous since you keep the cards and you can farm AI for gold if you feel outclassed (though they do get better cards if you win a lot). I've played for 3 weeks and have full playsets of almost every common and uncommon and maybe 30-40% of rares. The legendaries are expensive but competitive decks don't seem over reliant on them. I've been doing decently with a deck with only rares and promos (these are free from quests during events but craftable at a reasonable price after). But since you get crafting mats while opening packs worst case scenario you'll be able to craft a legendary after 16 packs.

Dracil on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »

Maybe try out Eternal if the game is too unbalanced. Free pack for first win of the day. Drafting is generous since you keep the cards and you can farm AI for gold if you feel outclassed (though they do get better cards if you win a lot). I've played for 3 weeks and have full playsets of almost every common and uncommon and maybe 30-40% of rares. The legendaries are expensive but competitive decks don't seem over reliant on them. I've been doing decently with a deck with only rares and promos (these are free from quests during events but craftable at a reasonable price after). But since you get crafting mats while opening packs worst case scenario you'll be able to craft a legendary after 16 packs.

I've played eternal and was sad that it was just basically a hearthstone clone. I'm a bit sick of the MTG style of hero health, play creatures into a horizontal lines, choose to attack/defend style game.

Stormbound is unique enough that I forgive a bit of imbalance to enjoy the new and different gameplay core that extends itself to new and different strategies.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    OK, somebody talk me down here. I started playing MPQ recently, and it seems like it's just a huge money sink. I keep getting these 3* characters that seem good, but I don't have enough space to hold them, and roster depth seems like the most important thing.

So I should just cut my losses, right? Ignore the 7x 2 & 3*s sitting here just out of reach, and spend the $20 on Through the Ages and Spaceplan and Cat Quest and After the End: Forsaken Destiny - right?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OK, somebody talk me down here. I started playing MPQ recently, and it seems like it's just a huge money sink. I keep getting these 3* characters that seem good, but I don't have enough space to hold them, and roster depth seems like the most important thing.

So I should just cut my losses, right? Ignore the 7x 2 & 3*s sitting here just out of reach, and spend the $20 on Through the Ages and Spaceplan and Cat Quest and After the End: Forsaken Destiny - right?

Run, run as far and as fast as you can.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yes, the other stuff sounds better than the pride and accomplishment you'd get from MPQ

• Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Yes, the other stuff sounds better than the pride and accomplishment you'd get from MPQ

I played it for a year. It was pretty good for that sort of thing, but I definitely sunk a lot of money into it.

Kylindra on
  • Options
    Death road to Canada for Android is on sale for like $1 right now. I haven't played it yet but it looks like a lot of fun.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I've been having a lot of fun with Rocket Valley Tycoon. It's in a limited beta release atm on Android, but it's basically Factorio + idle game.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Been playing Almost a Hero, another clicker-type app. I find the in-game stuff amusing (one of the characters you can unlock is an old man who is so old he forgets things- translation: has a chance to reset the cooldown of one of his skills every time a new enemy wave appears because he's forgotten if he's cast it recently) and so far I'm having fun just letting them be.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    I've been having a lot of fun with Rocket Valley Tycoon. It's in a limited beta release atm on Android, but it's basically Factorio + idle game.

You have no idea what you just did to me.

Anyway, I was coming in here to say I've been enjoying Idle Heroes so far for the mix of Idle Game and team building/RPG. Had it ~2 weeks now and it's nice to check in on about twice a day, plenty to do during those check ins.

• Options

I've played eternal and was sad that it was just basically a hearthstone clone. I'm a bit sick of the MTG style of hero health, play creatures into a horizontal lines, choose to attack/defend style game.

Stormbound is unique enough that I forgive a bit of imbalance to enjoy the new and different gameplay core that extends itself to new and different strategies.

MtG Clone.

It has MtG's mana, creates don't choose who they attack but defenders choose what they hit, and instant spells. Oh, and far less RNG.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    MapleStory, that old MMO computer game full of anime weirdness, is now on mobile. It's beta testing for people wishing to relive their junior high school years.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MapleStory, that old MMO computer game full of anime weirdness, is now on mobile. It's beta testing for people wishing to relive their junior high school years.

When are they going to release RO for phones?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Been playing Alto's Adventure a bit. It's a fun runner-style game with snowboard tricks. Liked it enough I bought the full game.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I hate TinyCo's greedy pay to win model....yet I can't stop playing their games. Futurama, Family Guy, Avenger's Academy, now their upcoming Harry Potter game. Fortunately, I've gotten giving them money out of my system, but yet, I still keep playing them, and I still keep getting hosed over because their games are designed to keep you just out of reach of stuff unless you fork over dough. I clearly have a masochistic thing going on.

Why do I hate myself?