As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wid[chat]

Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C ERegistered User regular
By now I'm sure most of you are familiar with my cat Widget.

dmfyTRm.jpg

But I bet you don't know how she got her name!

Originally she was going to be called Iris (over my strenuous objections), but fortunately I stumbled upon a children's book my mother had when she was a kid:

i3KvPvkh.jpg

Which was basically Widget as a kitten.

Recently I snagged the book when I visited home, and I've uploaded it to an imgur album. It's full of Widget adventures!

First of all, lets fix the cover:

WNGiu3Yh.jpg

That's better.

Anyway, you should definitely check out the book. In it, Widget defeats a terrifying bear:

XJjG537h.png

Takes a nap in a slipper:

4HEaoQXh.png

And even tangles with the puppy from next door!

l4EXTwnh.jpg

Wait wait, hang on, that puppy's not nearly vicious enough.

QQDBzu9h.png

There, much better. Super vicious dog, let me tell you.

Anyway, the full book is in this album (with the original, unaltered pictures):

http://imgur.com/a/n3OP6

Unfortunately the book is long out of print, so unless you happen to have your own copy, this is probably the only place to read it. Enjoy!

vRyue2p.png

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Yknu02Y.png

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Yknu02Y.png

this legal document seems suspicious...

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Yknu02Y.png

Good thing you posted this 'cause I came in here indignant as all hell let me tell you

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

Geth, the word Trump is forbidden in the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. "trump" is forbidden in this thread.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I have in my head an idea for a rom-com where two small-time con artists pretend to propose at nice restaurants and use the resultant good feelings to get out of paying for the meal, or, failing that, use it as an excuse to dine and dash, but then they really start falling in love

Ok thinking about it that sounds terrible, I need either a twist or a better romantic con

I think there's a whole potential subgenre to mine here: the rom-con

a small part of I think Choke is that he chokes on food in restaurants to get free meals

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    @jungleroomx your sin was forgiven

now it is forgotten

go with god my son

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i wrote those messages at widget-point

claws sharp as hell

• Options
    'Course, there's no timestamps, but eh

What am I, an investigative journalist

• Options
    contracts signed under coercion aren't contracts at all etc etc

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Yknu02Y.png

Good thing you posted this 'cause I came in here indignant as all hell let me tell you

Yeah, I screenshotted that and put it on imgur and copied the url before even posting the [chat] because I knew I needed to post it as quickly as possible.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    and since this was the very last post (I actually got an alert when I hit 'post', which should mean the thread was locked, except the post is there, so it wasn't locked. doesn't make sense!)

someone just said Benton was "only a resident" because he's about to perform emergency surgery

funny note, they wrote his name on a board and the name above his was 'Wiley', which is his student's real name. I wonder if the other listed names were the actor's names... went by too fast.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    But also forget all that shit, that OP is the best one I've ever made so read it again you fucks.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    shes a lovely dog vh

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Yknu02Y.png

Yeah, I screenshotted that and put it on imgur and copied the url before even posting the [chat] because I knew I needed to post it as quickly as possible.

You know us well, friend

• Options
    shes a lovely dog vh

i am going to fucking murder you

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    BRUTAL UNCENSORED DOG FIGHT

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    The thing to remember about American bachelor's degrees being filled with generalist information is that American high school is a joke.

You can get a diploma while barely literate.

And there isn't really much discrimination on college admittance either. Oh you might not get into the fancy private school or the top state school, but the second and third tier state schools will let in basically anybody. And the for-profit private schools will let in literally anybody who can pay.

So colleges have to be general cause half the time they're starting from scratch.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I made a shortest-haired purple cat with a deep voice called Destroyer.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

Geth, the word is forbidden in the thread

SIG FYI the last time you tried to get Geth to do two commands in one post you got flustered and recycled [chat]

Things went much better this time

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    The thing to remember about American bachelor's degrees being filled with generalist information is that America high school is a joke.

And there isn't really much discrimination on college admittance either. Oh you might not get into the fancy private school or the top state school, but the second and third tier state schools will let in basically anybody. And the for-profit private schools will let in literally anybody who can pay.

So colleges have to be general cause half the time they're starting from scratch.

Making me feel bad about flunkin' outta Uni, Vowels

• Options
    The thing to remember about American bachelor's degrees being filled with generalist information is that America high school is a joke.

Benar I am also a college drop out!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    huh... I'm having trouble typing, I should probably go to sleep

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

Flunked outta college and now all I do is spend all day postin' on the internet with my college dropout friends! Oh god!

:P

• Options

Flunked outta college and now all I do is spend all day postin' on the internet with my college dropout friends! Oh god!

Yeah but you hang out with a lot of doctors.

• Options
    Mine was also an arts degree!

And I less "flunked out" and more "had difficulty attending"

In lieu of, like, any other way to spend my time

Which worked out okay!

• Options
    Until the madness started, that is

But that also has worked out okay!

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    shes a lovely dog vh

i am going to fucking murder you

8i20sml5jt8m.jpg

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

Yeah but you hang out with a lot of doctors.

Whenever I'm talking about the forums and I want to class the joint up, I always mention all the doctors and lawyers and engineers

I never mention that you're all still filthy degenerates just like me, because that doesn't help my argument

• Options
    "Hey Narwhal, how come you're studying English and History at university?"

"Oh hey, well it's 'cause I figured out early on in high school that reading something and then writing about what I read is a super-easy way to get an A! So I figure I'll just keep that strategy going, you know?

What do you mean "what am I going to do after school?" I didn't really think about it, I just had super-good grades in English and History and got into one of the best schools in the country so I figured I'd just keep doing English and History! I was 17 and just really excited that I got to apply to universities and I got into every school I applied to, it was great!

Oh you mean what do I want to do with my life? Well what I want to do is wander into the woods and become a hermit, most days, so I gotta admit I don't really have a 5-year plan!"

Thank you for reading "A conversation with 18 year old Narwhal, depressed (undiagnosed)"

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Pizza and hot chocolate: the midnight snack of champions

7vssozvjf7x4.jpeg

• Options
    what kind of inhuman mutant can get just a single 65 calorie serving of graham crackers

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Is that hot chocolate or did you make a s'more?
    Where does the graham cracker enter here?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

:bro: right there with both of you.

It still counts even though I went back after a decade.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I’ve been informed by the Germans to pack my swimsuit for an upcoming business trip because the hotel has both a bar and a heated pool and there will be much German revelry.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    how is it even possible to have marshmallows or chocolate chips in your house available to make hot chocolate without having just eaten them all straight from the bag the same week you bought them

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Is that hot chocolate or did you make a s'more?
    Where does the graham cracker enter here?

You dip it in your hot chocolate!

• Options
    VERY briefly, or else it becomes mush and starts falling apart

This is critical

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    wandering wrote: »
    Pizza and hot chocolate: the midnight snack of champions

7vssozvjf7x4.jpeg

What are you doing with those four packets of sugar? Why do you have packets of sugar? Do you steal them from Starbucks?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.