As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

State of the Union 2018: Just Another Dick and His Wall

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Nothing against Joe Kennedy personally but yeah. Would have been nice to see a woman giving the response.

Representative Maxine Waters is giving a response on BET as well.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I wont watch but I'll keep an eye on twitter because if I see a lot of stuff pop up about him slurring a ton or getting insane I'll jump in to watch it live.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Isn't the rebuttal pretty much a losing game anyways?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/01/29/names-of-campaign-donors-to-be-flashed-during-live-stream-of-trumps-state-of-the-union-speech

Anyone who donates $35 or more to Trump's campaign during the State of the Union gets to have their name flashed on the screen.

The President of the United States is now a Twitch-streamer, ladies and gentlefolk.

There's like

negative infinity chance there isn't at some point somebody getting something super racist on screen huh

sig.gif
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I want to know who had the bright idea to put a fucking Kennedy on like dynastic politics is something we should celebrate. Not just any Kennedy, but a shitbird who is deep in the pocket of pharmaceutical companies and who thinks jailing people for pot use is A-OK.

I know why you say this, but damn if I don't miss Ted Kennedy something terrible still.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That streaming thing is the most outrageously fucking stupid thing I've ever heard of.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/01/29/names-of-campaign-donors-to-be-flashed-during-live-stream-of-trumps-state-of-the-union-speech

Anyone who donates $35 or more to Trump's campaign during the State of the Union gets to have their name flashed on the screen.

The President of the United States is now a Twitch-streamer, ladies and gentlefolk.

There's like

negative infinity chance there isn't at some point somebody getting something super racist on screen huh

I'd do it just so see if I could get Donald Drumpf up there.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Not giving him the satisfaction of a rating. Gonna salute you brave folks who choose to watch Trump slow jerk himself on live television though, you’re the real heroes.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I don't know. Why we ask the pubs rising star and token minority, Bobby Jindal?

steam_sig.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

There's like

Don't give 35 bucks to Donald Trump, I don't care how good your joke is.

sig.gif
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I volunteer to take your 35 dollars instead,so you won’t be tempted.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Trump's public speaking style -- aggressive, entitled smugness paired with near-constant, insecure whining, delivered in a way that is best visualized by one of those "Billy's map" Family Circus comics, and with all the coherence of a sleep talker -- causes me real, actual physical discomfort.

I ain't watching this shit.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Tuesday is raid night so I’d rather play WoW with SE peeps than watch this bullshit.

I can’t stand to hear Trump speak, I’ll catch a summary afterwords.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It's the dumbest thing that's become a part of the... I dunno, tradition?

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Trace wrote: »

There's like

Don't give 35 bucks to Donald Trump, I don't care how good your joke is.

Addendum: The drumpf joke is not good

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I am reminded of the live streaming of the RNC fax machine that started spitting out such winning names as "Andrew Brierbart's Rotting Corpse", "Piss Children", "A Horse's Erect Penis", and "Weedlord BonerHitler"

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    There is no way all the names arent already written out ready to go.

Then they can say "Wow thanks for contributing there were so many names we couldn't get to them all! But don't worry here's a txt file of everyones names so print that out and show your friends your name."

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

There's like

Depends on if it is all automated or names are selected by hand.

Kinda wonder if "John Barron" will show up.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So not strictly SOTU, but apparently the guy in Hawaii who sent the false alarm thought a missile attack was imminent. Sign of the times indeed.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Awwwwwww yeah let's get wrecked and watch an idiot flounder and pander shamelessly for a couple of hours...i might just go play pinball instead.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    Tuesday is raid night so I’d rather play WoW with SE peeps than watch this bullshit.

I'll see if we can get Mirren to give a State Of The Guild Address

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

cue the "You're all terrible." clip being played

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I feel like the rebuttal to this SOU should just be a link to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohGniYph-c

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    if you've got some money to spare and want to use it on something that indirectly cuts against the president, I might suggest donating to a charity or aid organization that helps refugees?

https://www.rescue.org/ and https://www.hias.org/ are pretty good off the top of my head

Daypigeon on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Guys, Cspan is a thing

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the dem response needs to spit fire and it won't so I can't even bring myself to care about the fact that it's being delivered by the heretofore-least exciting member of a patrician political dynasty

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

cue the "You're all terrible." clip being played

Announcer:"It's just about time for Guild Leader Mirren to- ah there he is now approaching the podium. "
    *Milkglass begins playing yakitty-sax*

steam_sig.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the dem response needs to spit fire and it won't so I can't even bring myself to care about the fact that it's being delivered by the heretofore-least exciting member of a patrician political dynasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sVlZ_SaKnk

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

it will be Very Democrat

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I'm just gonna choose to experience this through the thread, I think.

When it boils down to it, I have two options on how to spend my evening:

A) listen to this monster.

or

B) Hunt some Monsters.

I choose the latter, as I can already assume what our racist dumbass president will say.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

I'm going to need a new computer monitor because I just put my fucking fist through this one.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Is anyone in the thread actually planning to watch? Or are we all just going to wait for some other braver souls to filter the highlights for us?

Instead tonight I'm planning to watch the Captain America trilogy, get drunk, and eat an unreasonable amount of pizza, while pretending that Chris Evans is my boyfriend and/or president.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sVlZ_SaKnk

if only

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    my lady works at a large online diamond/jewelry retailer, in their customer service department

one of her co-workers handled a large order from Joe Kennedy recently and he was allegedly a fucking shitheel, in that he was incredibly disdainful and disrespectful, an assertion which I absolutely believe about anyone from east coast old money

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I don't think I mind Kennedy giving the response. He can give a speech fairly well.

It's kind of a stupid thing anyway.

Anyone with designs on 2020 is going to stay away.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The idea of Massachusetts as some ultra-left wing place where Democratic candidates can't lose is how you get Republican governors of Massachusetts and the guy after Ted Kennedy being a Republican.

it isn't guaranteed but it's not hard, and the fact that Scott Brown managed to win there says way more about his opponent than anything else

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    my lady works at a large online diamond/jewelry retailer, in their customer service department

one of her co-workers handled a large order from Joe Kennedy recently and he was allegedly a fucking shitheel, in that he was incredibly disdainful and disrespectful, an assertion which I absolutely believe about anyone from east coast old money

To be fair the dude pronounced chowder wrong.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.