As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voting Thread: Brackets 1 & 2

Doctor DoomDoctor Doom Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Graphic Violence
This is the voting thread for the first two brackets of the tournament. Voting will be done in the same way it was done for the hero tournament. Please put your votes only, along with a comment on why you feel they would win. Votes will be tallied up in 48 hours. Please leave any side comments in the pre fight debate threads.

Doctor Doom on

• BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket One:
    Match A: Typhoid Mary; Joker has her outclassed in style and pure insanity but she has more training and much more formidable powers.
    Match B: Brainiac; While the maze is better suited to Riddlers' way of thinking I doubt it would stump a 12th level intellegence. Also, there is no way in hell that Brainiac hasn't EMP-proofed himself.
    Match C: Mandarin; While doomsday is a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut I think Mandarin's rings of power would be able to at least incapacitate him. Especially a combination of the Darkness and Disentigration rings.
    Match D: Silver Samurai; Venom's just out of luck here, with a weakness to fire while bieng stuck in a volcano Samurai will make quick work of Gargan.

Bracket Two:
    Match A: Sinestro; Deathstrike is just outclassed, there's nothing she can do but choke in an airless bubble.
    Match B: Loki; The god of trickery vs. a guy who does tricks with mirrors? No contest.
    Match C: Ra's Al Ghul; Many people are treating him like a normal man that's smart, not a man who can fight Batman to a standstill and has many lifetimes worth of experience.
    Match D: Lex Luthor; Apokoliptian Battlesuit>Big Frozen Chewbacca

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    Match A: Typhoid Mary-fight like this just isn't what the Joker does well
    Match B: Brainiac- faster, and smarter I don't think the maze will slow him down enough
    Match C: Mandarin- he's got enough powers in those rings to at least incapacitate Doomsday
    Match D:Silver Samurai-the volcano kind of sealed this one

Bracket 2
    Match A: Sinestro- I'm not even going to start going into why he wins its obvious
    Match B: Loki- Mirror Master has a environmental advatage but Loki has the powers and craftiness to overcome that obstacle
    Match C: Ra's- centuries of experience has overcome more powerful foes in the past
    Match D:Luthor- he has some nasty tech in that suit

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    A. Typhoid Mary (Will burn the Joker something fierce)
    B. Brainiac (Will reach the center of the maze extremely quickly, due to being the smartest dude around)
    C. Mandarin (I always go with magic over brute force. The rings are like magic, right?)
    D. Silver Samurai (Way less dumb than Venom.)

Bracket 2
    A. Sinestro (This fight is pretty much a joke. Dude is just amazingly powerful.)
    B. Loki (Victory through trickery)
    C. Ra's Al Ghul (Viral bombs are the only reason he wins this. The only reason.)
    D. Lex Luthor (His stupid suit is stupid but it gives him the win.)

deadonthestreet on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket One:
    Match A: Typhoid Mary; Her range of offensive and defensive powers along with her training make her too much even for the Clown Prince of Crime.
    Match B: Brainiac; I agree that a being as smart as he is would have in the very least insulate himself against EMP blasts.
    Match C: Mandarin; Doomsday is a tough coustomer, but with the variety of powers at his disposal along with his brain power he could come up with a way to mess with the battlefield, blind him with darkness, and/or disentigrate him.
    Match D: Silver Samurai; might be different if this was Brock as Venom, but Gargan along with fighting in a volcano gets him the loss.

Bracket Two:
    Match A: Sinestro; too much for Deathstrike to handle.
    Match B: Loki; I agree that the god of the tricksters, along with his Asgardian heritage would allow him to best mr mirror.
    Match C: Sebastian Shaw; Ra's would not immedeately know the nature of Shaw's power and by the time he did Shaw would probably be too powerful for Ghul to stop. This one was very hard to pick a winner for.
    Match D: Lex Luthor; Power suit makes him too much for Wendigo.

Marathon on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A. Joker - He simply defies standard logic. He'd trick Mary (who doesn't really use her powers much) into thinking she's seduced him, and then acid her face off.
    B. Brainiac - Despite the field and weapons being in Riddler's favor, you're still dealing with a supermegagenius here. Riddler's only hope is to challenge him to a riddler contest like with Blaine The Mono, and then just throw stupid riddles at him until he throws a fit and breaks one of the walls. Still, that's unlikely.
    C. Mandarin - Yeah, this guy has like, 80 superpowers. He could turn all the trees into ents and make an army or he could turn the guy's oxygen into rock or something. Plus, I don't know how strong that disintegration beam is, but aimed at the head it might do some serious damage.
    D. Venom - I think he's strong enough to take out Samurai regardless of the advantages.

Bracket 2:

A. Sinestro - This feels like one of those matches that had to be sacrificed for other, better matchups. There's not a lot Lady Deathstrike can do here.
    B. Mirror Master - I gotta vote for him, because the playing field put what would have been an easy victory for Loki into a very close match. I say he'll jump around the mirrors until Loki loses his shit and starts breaking things. Loki's pretty clever, but he's not very bright, as are most supervillains.
    C. Sebastian Shaw - In a lab, there's gotta be something to protect against viruses, even if they're crazy super viruses like Old Man Ra's would whip up. Hopefully he's going in packing moderate super strength, and he just pops the guy's head off.
    D. Lex Luthor - When you fight guys like Superman on a regular basis, some jumped up bigfoot with a bad temper is not much of a problem.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    1:

A. Typhoid Mary: Her powers are just too much for Joker's psychological edge to give him the win.
    B. Brainiac: I think anyone who gives the Riddler the win is really underestimating Brainy.
    C. Mandarin: Mind control ring gives him the win.
    D. Silver Samurai: This is a loser Venom.

2:

A. Sinestro: Deathstrike can't do shit to him.
    B. Loki: MM's not even in the same league powerwise, and my impression is he's not very bright either.
    C.Sebastian Shaw: Viral bombs are too slow acting, the only way Ra's can win is to stay out of melee range the entire time, and Shaw won't make that easy. If Ra's even attempts to stay away, given that he doesn't know Shaw's power.
    D. Lex Luthor: Wendigo is both much weaker and much dumber than Superman. No contest.

Scooter on
  • RoyseRoyse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A. Joker - In an urban setting, he should have plenty of opportunities to kill Mary through a series of elaborate traps.
    B. Riddler - The kind of knowledge Braniac has doesn't help him to solve the maze. Riddler, on the other hand, has the right kind of thinking to help his solve this kind of puzzle.
    C. Mandarin - Mind control ring, eh? How handy...
    D. Venom - His agility is a big asset in this. He's just gotta avoid that sword and he's got it in the bag.

Bracket 2:
    A. Sinestro - Not much Lady Deathstrike can do to this guy
    B. Loki - He'll trick MM into breaking a mirror. Won't even break a sweat.
    C. Ra's Al Ghul - Viral bombs and tons of fighting experience give Ghul the edge he needs.
    D. Lex Luthor - Dude fights Superman for a living...Wendigo is a walk in the park for him.

Royse on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket One:
    Match A: Typhoid Mary: I'm going to give it to her because despite how clever Joker is, her raw powers seem like too much for him, and there's no reason why she couldn't kill him quickly enough before he could play mind games with her.

Match B: Brainiac: He's freaking Brainiac. I don't care if he's a robot, his massive intelligence will more than compensate for Riddler's human cunning.

Match C: Doomsday: This one's tough. I'm just going to give it to Doomsday on my assumption that he's resistant enough to withstand that disintegrating ray.

Match D: Silver Samurai: Yeah this Venom is even stronger than than the last, but I don't think he'd be experienced enough to handle the double threat of fire all around and a teleporting samurai with razor sharp katana.

Bracket Two:
    Match A: Sinestro: There's no way in hell Deathstrike will get past his forcefield, and he'll crush her.

Match B: Loki: Too tricksy to lose.

Match C: Ra's Al Ghul: I flipped a coin because I felt it was close enough. I guess he manages to smash a viral capsule in Shaw's face before he gets pummeled...somehow

Match D: Lex Luthor: He's a genius also, but in this case, he's actually got the firepower to back it up.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Match 1
    A. Joker- He was created by an urban environment and no real street level comparable villain can touch him there.
    B. Braniac: Way too much of an intellect difference.
    c. Doomsday-Despite my personal dislike of him, he does get the advantage of sheer overwhelming power.
    D. Venom- Symbiont allows the wearer to be more agile then Spidey. He shouldn't have too much of a problem keeping away from that sword.

Bloods End on
  • exitexit Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    bracket 1.

A. Typhoid Mary: I really, really hate to say it, but she has it over Joker. Powers give her the edge.
    B. Brainiac: No, he's not as dedicated to mazes and such as Riddler is, but he's fucking Brainiac.
    C. Mandarin: He's a magic man, got the magic hands.
    D. Silver Samurai: Ass-kicking teleporting samurai in a volcano. Venom's gone.

bracket 2.

A. Sinestro: Deathstrike is outclassed.
    B. Loki: God of trickery what what?
    C. Ra's-Al-Ghul: In an environment where he can be as crafty as he can. Shaw's powers may be a surprise, but he adapts and overcomes.
    D. Lex Luthor: Hey. Nice suit.

exit on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Match 1:
    a) Typhoid Mary - Sure they're both crazy, but the Joker is going to use a pun as his big entrance, and Mary'll respond by setting him on fire with her mind
    b) Riddler - Tough call, but I think the handicap tosses this his way
    c) Mandarin - It's basically who gets the first move, but I'll give it to Mandarin for versatility
    d) Venom - The decks stacked against him, but I think he's got the sheer bloodthirstiness to win

Match 2:
    a) Sinestro - Lady Deathstrike'd be fun, but she's just outclassed
    b) Loki - No matter how far the deck is stacked, Mirror Master isn't beating a god at anything
    c) Shaw - Ra's Al Ghul is a talker. It'll go sneak attack, epee to the throat, dramatic moment, ..... and then Shaw breaks Ra's in half. Sure it's all part of Ra's elaborate plan, but at the end of this fight Ra's a pretzel and Shaw's dusting off his dickie.
    d) Luthor - He fights Superman on a regular basis. A third rate hairy Colossus will be more of an insult than a challange.

werehippy on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1.

Typhoid Mary - I am really, really, really sorry Mister J, but your hopes of winning are going up in flames.

Braniac - Yeah, Nigma's fucked. Braniac is made of smart.

Mandarin - Magic Rings > EXTREME SPIKES.

Silver Samurai - Garagan is totally outclassed. AND IN A GIANT ASSFUCK VOLCANO.

Bracket 2.

Sinestro - What are you gonna do Deathstrike? Give Sinestro a minor scrapet? GTFO.

Loki - God of trickery and all that jazz. Plus, fucking Mirror Master. One trick ponies should cower in fear beneath the gods.

Ra's Al Ghul - Fucker's been alive for so long for a reason other than the Lazarus Pit.

Luthor - He's Lex fucking Luthor. He makes Superman look like a pansy on a regular basis. He wins.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A. Joker - He simply defies standard logic. He'd trick Mary (who doesn't really use her powers much) into thinking she's seduced him, and then acid her face off.
    B. Brainiac - Despite the field and weapons being in Riddler's favor, you're still dealing with a supermegagenius here. Riddler's only hope is to challenge him to a riddler contest like with Blaine The Mono, and then just throw stupid riddles at him until he throws a fit and breaks one of the walls. Still, that's unlikely.
    C. Mandarin - Yeah, this guy has like, 80 superpowers. He could turn all the trees into ents and make an army or he could turn the guy's oxygen into rock or something. Plus, I don't know how strong that disintegration beam is, but aimed at the head it might do some serious damage.
    D. Venom - I think he's strong enough to take out Samurai regardless of the advantages.

Bracket 2:

A. Sinestro - This feels like one of those matches that had to be sacrificed for other, better matchups. There's not a lot Lady Deathstrike can do here.
    B. Loki - I don't think Mirror Master can avoid everything Loki can throw at him. I just don't.
    C. Sebastian Shaw - In a lab, there's gotta be something to protect against viruses, even if they're crazy super viruses like Old Man Ra's would whip up. Hopefully he's going in packing moderate super strength, and he just pops the guy's head off.
    D. Lex Luthor - When you fight guys like Superman on a regular basis, some jumped up bigfoot with a bad temper is not much of a problem.

I agreed with everything except for the Loki/Mirror Master fight

DJ Eebs on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A. Typhoid Mary - I just don't think Joker can withstand everything
    B. Brianiac - I want Riddler to win, but I just don't think I can give it to him
    C. Mandarin - Magic Rings
    D. Silver Samurai - Environment tipped in his favor

Bracket 2:

A. Sinestro - Yellow Lantern
    B. Loki - Too tricky
    C. Ra's Al Ghul - Too smart to go down like a chump
    D. Lex Luthor - Seriously.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A)Typhoid Mary. Joker doesn't have time to prepare elaborate traps. This is a brawl, and the chick who can set him on fire with her mind outclasses him.
    B)Braniac. I dont see the EMPs being enough to keep the Riddler alive through the whole maze.
    C)Mandarin: In an upset, his disentigrates Doomsday.
    D)Silver Samurai: Well, I did nominate him. Plus, stealthy teleporting Samurai with a sword that cuts through anything and vast tactical experience ought to be able to get one clean shot at Venom, and this is the lame Venom in an enviroment that does not favour him.

Bracket 2
    A)Sinestro. Lady Deathstrike simply wont be able to do much to him. Sinestro tosses her out an air lock.
    B)Loki. He wears that hat in public. Mirror Master isn't going to be able to enrage him into breaking a mirror.
    C)Sebastien Shaw. In a toe to toe fight, Shaw should be able to subdue Ras before any virus can kill him.
    D)Luthor. Wendigo is not very smart. Luthor handles him with ease.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Match 1:
    Typhoid Mary. She's crazier than shit, and pyrokinetic. Hands down.
    Brainiac. C'mon. He has brain in his name.
    Mandarin. Because at his core, Doomsday is just a big stupid guy.
    Venom. Gargan is a much meaner Venom than Eddie Brock was. No way he'd let The Silver Samurai get the drop on him.

Match 2:
    Sinestro. Like anyone else has a chance.
    Loki: He's a god.
    Ra's Al Ghul: He's the evil Batman.
    Lex Luthor: And He's the smartest man alive.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Match 1:
    Typhoid Mary: Joker's cunning, brutal, insane, unpredictable and has a host of neat gadgets. But she can light things on fire... with her mind.
    Brainiac: He's friggin BRAINiac, he's a super robot from krypton with vast super intelligence and has BRAIN in his name.
    Mandarin: Typically, magic triumphs over strength
    Silver Samurai: Volcano did it really

Match 2:
    Sinestro: What is she seriously going to do? Scratch the giant energy hammer as it pummels her into oblivion?
    Loki: Being an asgardian god of mischief, the odds aren't stacked up high enough
    Ra's Al Ghul: Hundreds of years of combat and alchemical experience gives him an extreme advantage. Like acid into face advantage.
    Lex Luthor: Even without his battle suit I'm sure Luthor could have talked Windigo into suicide.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:
    Joker: He has her way outclassed in both the insanity and intelligence department.
    Riddler: Brainiac may be so intelligent he can find the square route of pi, but Riddler creates puzzles for a living. Not to mention his gut instinct and human intuition. Comic books have shown us that these are always good things when competing against robots. And I maintain that the EMP grenades have to be useful against Brainiac, why else would Doom have given them to Riddler?
    Doomsday: If the disintegration ray can't stop Iron Man, it can't stop Doomsday. And I think he's resistent to mind control, so yeah.
    Silver Samurai: Volcano + training + teleportation + super sword = dead Gargan

Bracket 2:
    Sinestro: Deathstrike is totally outclassed in this match. Even the environment is against her.
    Mirror Master: This was the hardest fight I've ever had to vote on, but I have to give it to Mirror Master because if he could ever win a fight against a god, this would be the environment he'd do it in.
    Ra's Al Ghul: Several lifetimes of experience and bio bombs means he won't ever have to touch Shaw.
    Lex Luthor: I know Doom is infallible but man you could've picked a better opponent for Luthor.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    Joker: The Joker will easily outsmart Typhoid Mary. Mary would win in a straight fight, but no way is Joker going to play fair.
    Braniac: Riddler has the advantage in the arena, but everything else goes Braniac's way. If they meet up the Riddler dies.
    Doomsday: He's just too durable and strong.
    Silver Samurai: Kickass sword, teleportation and it's in a freaking volcano.

Bracket 2
    Sinestro: Lady Deathstrike will be exterminated.
    Loki: You can't trick the trickster god.
    Ra's Al Ghul: Shaw can't match the experience Ra's Al Ghul has.
    Lex Luthor: C'mon now, Wendigo? Don't make Lex laugh.

-SPI- on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    A). Joker: The original dirty rotten cheater. No way he plays fair against Mary. He's survived a lot worse.
    B). Brainiac: Humans may be better at mazes, but with Brainy's speed and intellect, an extra leg up on the creativity side isn't going to do jack.
    C). Doomsday: If a guy with a billion superpowers can't pose a serious threat to Iron Man, there's no way he's beating the guy who killed Superman.
    D). Venom - Gargan is underestimated. You don't make a career out of fighting Spider-Man without picking up on things like "STAY AWAY FROM LAVA" and "DON'T LET THE SWORD THAT CUTS THROUGH ANYTHING HIT YOU". He's dumb, not braindead, and Samurai isn't exactly Captain Genius either.

Bracket 2
    A) Sinestro: Space station + Massive sucking hole in the hull = Dead Deathstrike.
    B) Loki: Mirror Master's crafty, but he's got a few thousand years before he can take on the God of Trickery.
    C) Ra's Al Ghul: He's the dude, so that's what you call him. You don't take on the majority of the DCU on a regular basis without being one bad mamma jamma.
    D) Lex Luthor: This would be the most mismatched fight of the tournament so far if it wasn't for Sinestro vs Lady D.

Furu on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:
    Joker- Mary may have that powers and training, but she's still incredibly incompetent when it comes to fighting and is constantly interrupted by the other voices in her head (going by the Deadpool series. I haven't really read anything else she's in). Therefore, i believe Joker's ruthlessness and skill in fights with the likes of Batman will prevail here.
    Brainiac- Although i think the excuse that "he's a supergenious, he'll think ahead and make himself EMP-proof" is incredibly retarded, a simple grenade won't be enough to stop him.
    Mandarin- I hate Mandarin. But not as much as i hate Doomsday. Magic wins over brute strength.
    Silver Samurai- If it were Brock or even Ultimate Venom, he'd probably win, but as it is, Gargan is just way too incompetent to win against the Samurai, especially in a volcano.

Bracket 2:
    Sinestro- No contest. Why is Deathstrike even in this? She's so lame.
    Loki- Even with the terrain disadvantage, it's friggin Loki. He'll trick Mirror Master into breaking one of the mirrors somehow, disqualifying him.
    Ra's Al Ghul- Experience and chemistry set on hand. No way he's gonna lose.
    Lex Luthor- Even if the suit wasn't powerful enough to stand up to Wendigo (it is), Lex could easily outsmart the abominable snowman into jumping off a cliff or something.

Diablo Fett on
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    B1
    Joker - I too like the Urban setting for the Jokers advantage
    Brainiac - I think the riddler is just outclassed here in every way
    Mandarin - The thing with Mandarin is that he doesnt even have to be right in Doomsdays face
    Samurai - Gargans inexperience is the Samurais greates weapon in this one

B2
    Sinestro - Deathstrike is just a poor character in this matchup
    Loki - This guy gives Thor a problem
    Shaw - Gotta go with my boy on this one, due to the fact that Ra's has zero knowlege of Shaw and by the time that he does it'll be too late. Ra's will underestimate him to a fault
    Lex Luthor - Riiiiight Steven Hawking vs. Corky

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • mcwillipmcwillip Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A: Joker - Mary won't come out guns blazing, instead trying to seduce the J man, at which point the match is his.

B: Brainiac - The likelyhood of them running into each other is less than negligable if this maze is at all symetrical. Even if its not Brainiac is just smarter.

C: Mandarin - Doomsday may be tough as all hell, but if Mandarin rearranges his brain into cotton candy he'll be one tough as all hell lump of dead flesh.

D: Silver Samuria - Energy channelling + Lava + Teleportation capable = dead venom.

Bracket 2:

A: Sinestro - He is simply more powerful in every concievable category, be it brains or brawn.

B: Loki - This fight is so completely one-sided that its unfair to mirror master.

C: Ra's - Hypervirus + Lab gadgets = maybe next time Shaw.

D: Luthor - Not quite as bad as the Loki fight, but similar enough.

mcwillip on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A: Mary - Joker flambe before he can cobble together something sarcastic and deadly.
    B: Brainiac - Even with the EMP's Riddler is completely outclassed.
    C: Doomsday - He's dull and not so bright, but if Mandarin can't even disintegrate Iron Man he's not going to manage Doomsday.
    D: Silver Samurai - Venom in his least favoured environment against someone who can turn him into pate.

Bracket 2:

A: Sinestro - An A-class villain in every respect. Lady D goes down very quickly.
    B: Loki - He's a god, and can beat a hundred schmucks like Mirror Master.
    C: Shaw - Is tailor made for fights with people who don't know who he is and what his power is.
    D: Luthor - Isn't going to get beaten by a walking carpet.

Bogart on
  • VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:
    A: Joker- Crafty and Crazy, he is in his natural enviornment here.
    B: Braniac- The human mind has its limitations. Braniac practically doesnt.
    C: Mandarin- Should be crafty enough to use his versatility for the win.
    D: Silver Samurai- Mindset of a trained warrior vs. basically a common thug with super powers.

Bracket 2:
    A: Sinestro- Poor Lady Deathstrike, my only other nomination....
    B: Loki- With trickery playing a major part in this house of mirrors, the trickster god will win.
    C: Ras- Centuries of experience, calm under pressure, slightly crazy, and tools that cangive him the win.
    D: Lex- Wendigo is a piece of cake compared to Supes.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A: Joker- Crazy and brilliant and deadlier than Mary could ever hope to be, powers or not. Will stay out of her sight until he's set up a trap, and then he'll kill her in a comical manner.
    B: Brainiac- Much, much smarter.
    C: Doomsday- Superhuman speed unlike anything Mandarin or Iron Man can even conceive of. Mandarin will be crushed.
    D: Silver Samurai- The environment works to his advantage, and he is a trained and cunning warrior, whereas Gargan is borderline retarded.

Bracket 2:
    A: Sinestro- Lady..? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
    B: Mirror Master- Far, far trickier than any of you give him credit for.
    C: Ra's Al Ghul- He will murder Shaw, horribly, because Ra's is a genius with hundreds upon hundreds of years of experience, and he out-thinks Batman. Also, Shaw has no resistance whatsoever against any viral attacks.
    D: Lex Luthor- He is wearing a battlesuit that comes from a world that has technology most of Marvel's cosmic characters can't even dream of. It also allows him to go toe-to-toe with Superman. So yeah, Luthor, without a doubt.

Spectre-x on
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:
    Fight 1 - Typhoid Mary: Pyrokinesis and telekinesis. Saying nothing of her training, she's gonna fuck up Joker.
    Fight 2 - Brainiac: EMP grenades and riddles? That's nice... here comes 12th level intellect and massive robotics to either mess you up or beat you to the goal.
    Fight 3 - The Mandarin: Doomsday is alright, but the Mandarin has way too many powers that could counter anything Doomsday throws at him (including himself).
    Fight 4 - Silver Samurai: Did anybody vote for Gargan Venom in this??

Bracket 2:
    Fight 1 - Sinestro: I think he's going far in this tourney.
    Fight 2 - Loki: I love how everyone was going gah-gah for Thor and his Godhood, but when it comes to Loki, it's like a replica. Mirror Master is trouble here.
    Fight 3 - Sebastian Shaw: So far, my favorite fight - Ra's will definitely put in a great fight with whatever he can make at STAR Labs, but I don't think it's going to be enough to keep Shaw away from him for very long.
    Fight 4 - Lex Luthor: Wendigo... he didn't have a chance here.

Slagmire on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket One:

A: Joker -- genius crazy is better than crazy crazy
    B: Brainiac -- 12th level is better than genius
    C: Mandarin -- 10 rings of doooooooom
    D: Venom -- evil spiderman!

Bracket Two:

A: Sinestro -- claws are no match for constructs
    B: Loki -- the god wins
    C: Ra's Al Ghul -- old and experienced
    D: Lex Luthor -- Apokoliptian Battlesuit

skippydumptruck on
  • NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    A - Typhoid Mary - Has too many tricks for Joker to handle. Joker has not enough time or needed equipment during the fight to set up any fancy tricks.
    B - Brainiac - This guy can outsmart everyone. Should he and Riddler actually meet he'd win the fight.
    C - Doomsday - Superman is stronger than Iron Man. Doomsday has KILLED Superman, Mandarin has not even defeated Iron Man. So Doomsday > Mandarin.
    D - Venom - Symbiote is pretty good. Agile enough to dodge the sword. Smart enough to stay away from lava.

Bracket 2
    A - Sinestro - Powers that the Lady just cannot match.
    B - Loki - Is a god just like Thor. Unlikely he'll be tricked or angered into breaking a mirror and can beat MM in a fight.
    C - Shaw - Shaw is no idiot either. After a few hits will be able to crush Ra's.
    D - Luthor - Super smart and in a suit that puts some real power behind those brains.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm lazy, so I'm just pasting in my comments in the debate thread :D

Bracket 1

A - Typhoid Mary. Is that nipple in that picture? She wins the game if so
    B - This is a good one. I think the Riddler is sneaky enough to make it to the center while fucking with Braniac to win
    C - The mandarin wins this one quickly. His rings are going to be too much for Doomsday because all he's good at is smashing.
    D - Silver Samurai. Mac Gargan Venom is a puss.

Bracket 2

A will be Sinestro. Lady Deathstrike is no match for his oddly shaped head
    B will go to Mirror Master. Loki is a spoiled brat and will break one of the mirrors
    C goes to Ra's. He's like the Batman on the villians side. Will fuck your shit up.
    D will be with Luthor. That suit he has on will make quick work of the bunny

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1

A - Joker. He's surprisingly resilient, and a good deal smarter than Mary. Additionally: Crazy good at hand to hand combat. And bombs.
    B - Riddler. Braniac is ridiculously smart, but Riddler is pretty smart too and more important can improvise and knows how to think outside the box.
    C - Mandarin. Pew pew pew disintegration.
    D - Silver Samurai. So awesome.

Bracket 2

A - Sinestro because he has a power ring whereas the other person has some finger knives.
    B - Loki because he is a god and mirror master is not.
    C - Ra's al Ghul because he's really goddamn smart and also awesome.
    D- Luthor because that is a damn powerful suit and he is damn powerfully smart.

Mai-Kero on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Bracket 1:

A. Mary - Outclasses Joker in the power department. Trained killer who happens to be faster and stronger than Joker, who has zero defenses. Zero.

Bracket 2:

B. Loki - I don't think Mirror Master can avoid everything Loki can throw at him. I just don't.

I agreed with everything except for the Loki/Mirror Master fight

I'm with geebs on this one. Except for the Joker/Mary fight.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Bracket 1:

A: Joker- Crazy and brilliant and deadlier than Mary could ever hope to be, powers or not. Will stay out of her sight until he's set up a trap, and then he'll kill her in a comical manner.
    B: Brainiac- Much, much smarter.
    C: Doomsday- Superhuman speed unlike anything Mandarin or Iron Man can even conceive of. Mandarin will be crushed.
    D: Silver Samurai- The environment works to his advantage, and he is a trained and cunning warrior, whereas Gargan is borderline retarded.

Bracket 2:
    A: Sinestro- Lady..? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
    B: Mirror Master- Far, far trickier than any of you give him credit for.
    C: Ra's Al Ghul- He will murder Shaw, horribly, because Ra's is a genius with hundreds upon hundreds of years of experience, and he out-thinks Batman. Also, Shaw has no resistance whatsoever against any viral attacks.
    D: Lex Luthor- He is wearing a battlesuit that comes from a world that has technology most of Marvel's cosmic characters can't even dream of. It also allows him to go toe-to-toe with Superman. So yeah, Luthor, without a doubt.

I am agree.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • RaptoriaRaptoria Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    Match A: Typhoid Mary - Joker wins on pure insanity, but Mary's combines her madness with extreme violence.
    Match B: Brainiac - I was really hoping Riddler might have an advantage, but i'm afraid the EMP 'nades won't slow him down enough.
    Match C: Mandarin - His ring make him pretty much unbeatable.
    Match D: Silver Samurai - I love venom to death, but the volcano is just too much of a disadvantage.

Bracket 2
    Match A: Sinestro - Uses his ring to create enough stuff to tire or knock Deathstrike out.
    Match B: Loki - You can't trick a god of trickery with mere mirrors.
    Match C: Ra's Al Ghul - Ra's will use the equipment handy to brew some nasty poison or something to take down Shaw. But he'll take a hell of beating before he figures shaw has any kinetic energy mojo.
    Match D: Lex Luthor - The Battlesuit probably puts them at equal strength, so Luthor will have to outsmart the Wendigo.

Raptoria on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket One:
    Match A: Typhoid Mary: Knows the rules of the game and as soon as she spots the Joker..."Joker darling...one favor. BURN!"

Match B: Brainiac:As much as I want riddler to win Brainiac is just way beyond his league.

Match C: Doomsday: Takes Mandi's disintegration ray to the face and smashes Mandiran's hands and turns him into a sock puppet.

Match D: Silver Samurai: Experiance vs a loser in a venom suit

Bracket Two:
    Match A: Sinestro: Hovers in the air and kills her with....oh giant scissors

Match B: Mirror Master - Loki's ego is his downfall and Mirror Masters Laser reflecting off hundreds of Mirrors blasting him will bound to cause Loki to lose it

Match C: Ra's Al Ghul: Figured out a way to best the entire justice league I'm sure he can find a way to take down a guy a bunch of teenagers manage to beat.

Match D: Lex Luthor: Smart and has the firepower to end a world war

Psychotic One on
  • ReatheranReatheran Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1
    Match A. Typhoid Mary (Joker's not enough craftier.)
    Match B. Brianiac (He's so much smarter and faster than Riddler it's not even funny.)
    Match C. Mandarin (At least one of his myriad possible methods of taking Doomsday out should work.)
    Match D. Silver Samurai (Teleportation+stealth+lava=Venom is fucked.)

Bracket 2
    Match A. Sinestro (Deathstrike is just overpowered here.)
    Match B. Loki (I really don't think he's going to be taken out that easily.)
    Match C. Sebastion Shaw (The only way Ra's could kill him is the virus, and that wouldn't work quickly enough to prevent him getting his head torn off.)
    Match D. Lex Luthor (Seriously, Wendigo doesn't have a chance.)

Reatheran on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Bracket 1

A - Joker. He's surprisingly resilient, and a good deal smarter than Mary. Additionally: Crazy good at hand to hand combat. And bombs.
    B - Riddler. Braniac is ridiculously smart, but Riddler is pretty smart too and more important can improvise and knows how to think outside the box.
    C - Mandarin. Pew pew pew disintegration.
    D - Silver Samurai. So awesome.

Bracket 2

A - Sinestro because he has a power ring whereas the other person has some finger knives.
    B - Loki because he is a god and mirror master is not.
    C - Ra's al Ghul because he's really goddamn smart and also awesome.
    D- Luthor because that is a damn powerful suit and he is damn powerfully smart.

reasoning is too good not to agree

delphinus on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1

A-Typhoid Mary: Joker is insane and has green hair... mary has pyro and telekinesis... advantage: Mary.
    B-Brianiac: How can he -not- beat Riddler? Now there is a riddle. He's too smart for Riddler hands down.
    C-Mandarin: Doomsday is just so bleh, Mandarin could kill him 5 times before he hit the ground. Magic rings ftw!
    D-Silver Samurai: Katana to the -FACE-! Plus the volcano sorta seals the deal.

Bracket 2

A-Sinestro: Deathstrike is cool and all but she is clearly outmatched here.
    B-Loki: If he can look that gay and still be that powerful how can he not win? Mirror Master who?
    C-Sebastian Shaw: I agree with the majority, Ra can't kill Shaw quickly enough to avoid a whoopin'.
    D-Lex Luthor: Lex has nothing but experience fighting a physically superior enemy, add his battlesuit and Wendigo is toast.

Caveman Paws on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1

A: Joker: Crazy smart, blah blah blah
    B: Brainiac: Yeah, not seeing the Riddler winning at all
    C: Mandarin: Disentegrating Ray, people. That plus all other powers = win
    D: Silver Samurai: He's got Gargan beat on enviroment

Bracket 2

A: Sinestro, Deathstrike doesn't stand a chance
    B: Mirror Master: Loki is a god of mischief, how can he not break a mirror?
    C: Ra's: For god's sake people, EVIL BATMAN
    D: Luthor: Awesome intellect, awesome power-suit

Sars_Boy on
  • CircularCircular Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bracket 1:

A: Typhoid Mary (Joker's at his best when he has--get ready for it!--prep time. In a one-on-one in a random environment, he's just not at his best.)
    B: Braniac (Same here. Riddler is good at big involved plots, not being personally up against a super-powerful being.)
    C: Mandarin (The potential of the matter-rearranger ring gives him the edge--but it's close.)
    D: Venom (Silver Samurai has never been a contender. In theory Silver Samurai has all the advantages, but I can't remember reading any comic, ever, where Silver Samurai managed something.)

Bracket 2:

A: Sinestro (Deathstrike has no hope against a GL.)
    B: Loki (Mirror Master has the environment on his side, but Loki's sheer nefariousness carries him here.)
    C: Sebastian Shaw (Ra's has to work a lot harder than Shaw to win this one. This is like the Silver Samurai/Venom matchup, where one side is at a disadvantage going in based on the powers involved, except here the guy with the advantage on paper isn't third-rate.)
    D: Luthor (With the battlesuit, he has all Wendigo's advantages and more besides.)

Circular on