As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Man, forgot about being objective-blocked when even one planet in a home system is occupied. With how tight the VP race is getting I feel like this ill-advised transfer of the ceasefire might have cost me my chance. Oh well.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Secret objective
    Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.

Discard entire hand.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    For full disclosure, the following cards were discarded:
    Direct Hit
    After another player's ship uses Sustain Damage to cancel a hit produced by your units: Destroy that ship.

Maneuvering Jets
    Before you assign hits produced by another player's Space Cannon roll: Cancel 1 hit.

Morale Boost
    At the start of a combat round: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat round.

Morale Boost
    At the start of a combat round: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat round.

Shields Holding
    Before you assign hits to your ships during a space combat: Cancel up to 2 hits.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Cry and claim nothing

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Spend 3 Tactics tokens. Lead from the Front

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Assuming @jakobagger is a pass @MrBlarney for rest of status phase.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Cry and claim nothing

this except yellow

• Options
    Reveal Public Objective
    Form Galactic Brain Trust (2 VP): Control 5 planets that have technology specialties.
    2 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Muaat, Winnu, and N'orr each draw 1 Action Card, while L1z1x, Hacan, and Naalu each draw 2 cards. All players gain two command tokens for allocation, excepting Hacan who gains three tokens.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Allocate 2 tokens to strategy 1 to fleet supply

3/4/2

• Options
    Allocate 2/3/1 T/F/S

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @jakobagger, prior to counter allocations, your totals were TP/FP/SP: 2/3/1, not 3/3/0. The end result can still be 3/4/2, if that's the allocation you want.

I also noticed that the maps did not include the Trade Goods from "Production Biomes", though they were accounted for in the text summary. The maps have been revised.

EDIT: I also apparently retreated the Hacan ships to the wrong system on the map; they're now correctly depicted in Qucen'n-Rarron.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    +2 tactics

• Options
    Oh huh. But yeah that is the end result i would like i guess.

• Options
    Naalu has discarded "Intercept" and "Tactical Bombardment" to comply with hand limits:
    Intercept
    After your opponent declares a retreat during a space combat: Your opponent cannot retreat during this round of space combat.

Tactical Bombardment
    Action: Choose 1 system that contains 1 or more of your units that have Bombardment. Exhaust each planet controlled by other players in that system.

Hacan has discarded "Repeal Law" to comply with hand limits:
    Repeal Law
    Action: Discard 1 law from play.

@Lykouragh, @Ketar, and @Phyphor to allocate their command counters.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    +2 in Tactics

• Options
    +2 in tactics, 2/3/0

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    2/5/1

• Options
    Round 6: Start of Agenda Phase

Score Objectives
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Discard three command tokens from Tactic Pool (TP 3 --> 0) to claim public objective "Lead from the Front". (VP 2 --> 3)
    Sardakk N'orr: Discard action cards "Direct Hit", "Maneuvering Jets", "Morale Boost", "Morale Boost", and "Shields Holding" (AC 5 --> 0) to claim secret objective "Form a Spy Network". (VP 6 --> 7)
    The Winnu: Claim public objective "Conquer the Weak". (VP 6 --> 8)
    The Embers of Muaat: Claim public objective "Conquer the Weak" and secret objective "Adapt New Strategies". (VP 6 --> 9)
    Reveal Public Objective
    Form Galactic Brain Trust (2 VP): Control 5 planets that have technology specialties.
    2 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.
    Gain Action Cards and Command Tokens; Redistribute Command Areas
    The Naalu Collective: AC 7 --> 9; TP 0 --> 2
    Discard Action Cards "Intercept" and "Tactical Bombardment" to comply with hand limits. (AC 9 --> 7)
    The L1z1x Mindnet: AC 3 --> 5; TP 0 --> 2
    Sardakk N'orr: AC 0 --> 1; TP 0 --> 2
    The Emirates of Hacan: AC 6 --> 8; TP 2 --> 3, FP 3 --> 4, SP 1 --> 2
    Discard Action Card "Repeal Law" to comply with hand limits. (AC 8 --> 7)
    The Winnu: AC 4 --> 5; TP 1 --> 2, SP 0 --> 1
    The Embers of Muaat: AC 4 --> 5; TP 0 --> 2, FP 4 --> 3, SP 0 --> 1

The first agenda is revealed from the deck:
    Shard of the Throne (Law)
    Elect Player: The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point. A player gains this card and 1 victory point when he wins a combat against the owner of this card. Then, the previous owner of this card loses 1 victory point.

Voting Order
    Sardakk N'orr: Up to 9 votes
    The Embers of Muaat: Up to 13 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Up to 4 votes
    The Winnu: Up to 19 votes
    The Emirates of Hacan: Up to 13 votes
    The Naalu Collective: Up to 6 votes; Speaker

I'll allocate about 24 hours for discussion, deals, transactions, and Action Card declarations. For simplicity when voting, you can just list a number of votes to apply to the vote without listing planets. Vote count restrictions have been listed after the semicolon, if any.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Play Imperial Rider
    After an agenda is revealed: You cannot vote on this agenda. Predict aloud an outcome of this agenda. If your prediction is correct, gain 1 victory point.

Choosing L1z1x

• Options
    I will give everyone 2 TG to vote for me (to share of course)

• Options
    In all honesty though, it might be safer with the Naalu.

• Options
    I forget. Can you grant other players permission to move through your ships?

• Options
    No.

• Options
    Oh wait.
    We will give your home planet back for this agenda @MrBody :winky:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I was thinking the exact opposite: letting Hacan move through my ships to attack you and force a response to discard his support for the throne.

Short of handing the leaders victory OR GIVING IT TO ME, I don't care a lick about this agenda.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Cool.
    So long as we know whether you're going to override the vote entirely or not

discrider on
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Nah. Giving it to myself would just paint a target on me.

We should probably give it to someone Muaat can't reach in 1 turn. Giving it to L1z1x is just handing the VP and the game to him.

MrBody on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I'd rather not have disc win before even the status phase so

Veto
    After an agenda is revealed: Discard that agenda and reveal 1 agenda from the top of the deck. Players vote on this agenda instead.

• Options
    Speaker's AC resolves first.
    Sorry @Lykouragh

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I'd rather be able to use my 0 tactical order card to win so

Etc

• Options
    edited January 2018
    There's a VP at stakes here. I think that means I need to ask for Sabotage calls. EDIT: For either Lykouragh or Phyphor's cards.

(@jakobagger, @Lykouragh, @MrBody, @discrider, @Ketar)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No sabotage.

I think it's worth it. Movement 3 warsuns could easily just capture it.

• Options
    No sab
    For reference it's 2.9 that says @Lykouragh 's card will be wasted due to being played fiest in the order

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Right. Basically, if Phyphor's card doesn't get Sabotaged, then a new Agenda gets drawn and, if it's not an Elect Player-type Agenda, then there is no way for Imperial Rider to be triggered. Whatever the state of the Agenda, Lykouragh will not vote. But if someone decides to Sabotage Lykouragh's card, then Lykouragh will get their voting potential back for the new first Agenda. Normally, you'd have to resolve Sabotage plays on Lykouragh's card first before Phyphor's, but this being an online environment, there's some necessary flexibility with the timing.

EDIT: Struck out inaccurate text based on further discussions.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No sabotage.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @MrBlarney I would expect @Lykouragh to be able to vote on the replacement Agenda, just not this Agenda.
    And to not receive a VP on the replacement Agenda in any circumstance.

discrider on
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »
    I would expect Lykouragh to be able to vote on the replacement Agenda, just not this Agenda.
    And to not receive a VP on the replacement Agenda in any circumstance.

Ah, I see what you're saying, and I agree with you now. Since the text on the card refers to "this agenda", if the "Shard of the Throne" gets vetoed, then the next agenda is no longer "this agenda". So Lykouragh will have standard voting rights in the replacement agenda. Of course, if the veto is sabotaged, then the "Imperial Rider" effects stay in play.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Yeah.
    If Phyphor had been the speaker though, I would have expected Lykouragh to be able to choose whether he wanted to play the rider on the new Agenda

• Options
    let's sabotage that

• Options
    Now I don't know if MrBody can nominate a winner, because he didn't before the sabotage :rotate: