The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Infinity] Holy shit it took us seven years to get to 100 pages, but we did it!

124»

• timhodgetimhodge AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Awesome, thanks. Is there a comprehensive (fluff) wiki or similar? I know there's http://infinitythewiki.com, but it seems to be all rules stuff? Like, searching for "zondcat" returns no results.

I gather there's an Outrage GN, do the peoples enjoy that?

0877-0596-8498 | Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    No. They keep fluff as one of the main reasons to buy the books, so you're not going to find much published online.

It is weird that the fandom isn't doing their own documentation! But thanks for the info.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    timhodge wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks. Is there a comprehensive (fluff) wiki or similar? I know there's http://infinitythewiki.com, but it seems to be all rules stuff? Like, searching for "zondcat" returns no results.

I gather there's an Outrage GN, do the peoples enjoy that?

It was a decent story, nothing spectacular. I think it does kind of overplay just what one badass sniper should be able to achieve in a competent, futuristic setting. XD

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed Outrage. It’s got pacing issues but overall it was a fun read. But it does use my favourite unit as the bad guys so I’m a bit biased.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Outrage was a fun read, they made miniatures of all the protagonists and the main antagonist, I kind of wish they'd add rules to all of them even if they aren't very good, lol, I'd just like to use them if I ever actually get a game in.

edited January 31
    At LVO they said the Outrage characters would be getting a non aligned sectorial.

Though they’re going to need a few more minis like Stallion Jack, and probably remotes to pad out the list.

-Loki- on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I'll note with that Zondcat from the Tomcat box, I cannot for the life of me, get its tail to stay on. There seems to be a cut-off point with regards how Infinity models are designed and how easy they are to put together (although you still get the odd one nowadays that proves to be a massive pain).

Outrage was an enjoyable read; I wasn't too enthralled with the models that came out; I don't know if that was down to the painjob, or them having a slightly different style to the normal range (the Dogface stands out).

PSN Fleety2009
    Thanks all. Can't see myself actually playing, but if I can find any of the minis locally I might check a couple out. HOW HARD CAN ASSEMBLING AND PAINTING MINIATURES BE RIGHT

The newer models are not hard to assemble, at least. They have keyed joins that makes the vast majority of them very easy to assemble. There's some outliers (fuck you Tuareg sniper you can stay in bits) but for the most part are relatively easy.

Painting them, well. They're considered some of the best sci fi minis on the market. Lots of intricate detail. Commission painters regularly get pissed off when they get big lots of Infinity models. So... yeah.

Regarding the Outrage models, they're a mixed bag. Emily is overall nice but has some weirdass eyebrows. Domovoi looks like the Michelin Man. Just really odd. Nakadai is like a love letter to second edition. Uhahu is really good. Beba is nice if you like super cheesecake models. Jethro looks great except the head. I've seen a conversion where someone put a Druze head on him and he looks a million times better.

124»