As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wid[chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    linguistic ambiguity is sick

This post is definitely something.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Mary Magdalene doesn't look impressed with what 4th dimensional Jesus is packing.

nibXTE7.png
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    uh oh

This means spool is vulnerable to being sideshow bob’ed

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    y'all need postmodern jesus

Did he die for our sins?

that's up for interpretation

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    delmain thanks very much! tampermonkey says 'no script is running' so I am scared to test it out but I appreciate it so so much

if you click the tampermonkey menu when you are looking at a /discussion/##### page, it should show that the script is running. If you have an idea for where to put it, I could try putting a thing to show that the extension is running on the page itself. For the other userscripts I've got running, they all have a visible change on the page, so it's easy to see at a glance they are running, but this one is entirely hidden until you need it...

c9xQW7d.png

Nice. Now make a script that properly scrolls to the last read post when there are embedded tweets on the page. Thanks.

@Kamiro @Variable @cB557 @evilbob @Chanus @jungleroomx @HappylilElf

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38036-penny-arcade-forums-twitter-load-scroll-fix

try it out in tampermonkey

it's a bit janky because you can't actually stop a scroll event from happening, but what I'm doing instead is when the page goes to scroll, it checks if it's because some of the twitter things haven't loaded, then if they are still loading, it scrolls back to where you wanted to be. When the twitter shit is all loaded, it stops overriding the scroll event. This means that if you have a slow connection, it will be a bit janky as Twitter loads, but it works pretty well for me so y'all can try it

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Did he die for our sins?

that's up for interpretation

@geth

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    VH your new job is to provide us all much entertainment by means of Subnautica and the adventures of the SS OHGODNOPENOPE

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Did anyone get moon madness last night / this morn

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Your four

dimensional

Jesus

Someone to cube your squares

Someone who dares

bowen wrote: »
    I still don't get how you can't smell, it baffles my mind

More baffling to me is how he manages to still be such a good cook.

I guess I only have hearsay on that, maybe everybody around him is lying.

can confirm, he is v good at the cooking

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Your four

dimensional

Jesus

Someone who dares

But wouldn't that be a hypercube tho

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

sdqBkLm.png

nibXTE7.png
    I want to crowdfund surgery for Spool to give him full or near-full smell, and then recoup my costs by youtubing him smelling various fine American whiskeys

Your four

dimensional

Jesus

Someone who dares

Meter is more important than math

Also a cube is four dimensional if it exists in time you scrub

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Posting a tweet for the purposes of trying out this script:

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i got taco belll tonight but they only heard half my order and i didnt have the heart to correct them and now everything is ruined why

Bless your heart.
    Incenjucar why are you going to Quebec city

Aside from the fact that it is beautiful and interesting

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Your four

dimensional

Jesus

Someone who dares

Can you rhyme "tesseract" because then you'd be artful and, like, internet proof

Or maybe there's a poetic way to evoke "convex regular 4-polytopes"

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    delmain thanks very much! tampermonkey says 'no script is running' so I am scared to test it out but I appreciate it so so much

if you click the tampermonkey menu when you are looking at a /discussion/##### page, it should show that the script is running. If you have an idea for where to put it, I could try putting a thing to show that the extension is running on the page itself. For the other userscripts I've got running, they all have a visible change on the page, so it's easy to see at a glance they are running, but this one is entirely hidden until you need it...

c9xQW7d.png

Nice. Now make a script that properly scrolls to the last read post when there are embedded tweets on the page. Thanks.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38036-penny-arcade-forums-twitter-load-scroll-fix

it's a bit janky because you can't actually stop a scroll event from happening, but what I'm doing instead is when the page goes to scroll, it checks if it's because some of the twitter things haven't loaded, then if they are still loading, it scrolls back to where you wanted to be. When the twitter shit is all loaded, it stops overriding the scroll event. This means that if you have a slow connection, it will be a bit janky as Twitter loads, but it works pretty well for me so y'all can try it
    Doesn't scroll down until I try to scroll, but it does scroll down to the right place when it does so. Is that intentional?

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    @Echo

i got a 97 on that programming assignment

3 points off for because I forgot to comment on some things in my header file, but I seem to have gotten away with the
    //return a 100% randomly generated number 
    return sides;

also I am having a wild amount of fun

I made my own vector class because we couldn't use vectors in this assignment

get rekt

tyrannus on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    VH your new job is to provide us all much entertainment by means of Subnautica and the adventures of the SS OHGODNOPENOPE

Yeah, I'm very strongly considering doing an all-day Subnautica stream on Saturday in addition to my usual Friday night stream. @Kamiro

vRyue2p.png
    Your four

dimensional

Jesus

Someone who dares

Can you rhyme "tesseract" because then you'd be artful and, like, internet proof

Four

Dimensional

Jesus

Tesseract from your grave

That's how you're saved

Reach out and break space

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

ok but r u lying tho

vRyue2p.png
    cB557 wrote: »

c9xQW7d.png

Doesn't scroll down until I try to scroll, but it does scroll down to the right place when it does so. Is that intentional?

Try reinstalling version 0.1.1 and see if that fixes it.

edited February 2018
    Casual Eddy on
    edited February 2018
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Echo

i got a 97 on that programming assignment

3 points off for because I forgot to comment on some things in my header file, but I seem to have gotten away with the
    //return a 100% randomly generated number 
    return sides;

also I am having a wild amount of fun

I made my own vector class because we couldn't use vectors in this assignment

get rekt

I hate when profs do that shit

you ain't teachin' me shit unless the specific point of this was to teach me how vectors work

there are basically no real world times where I won't have access to vector and if I'm in one of them, I know that I am

making me reinvent the wheel is a waste of time

E: sorry echo

Delmain on
    Your four

dimensional

Jesus

Someone who dares

Four

Dimensional

Jesus

Tesseract from your grave

That's how you're saved

Reach out and break space

Your command of the English language gets me turgid, my good man.

Well met.

ok but r u lying tho

it's okay

I can smell, you can trust me

the preview for this video lied to me

Yeah, I'm very strongly considering doing an all-day Subnautica stream on Saturday in addition to my usual Friday night stream. Kamiro

(uh, not like, every Saturday, just this Saturday)

vRyue2p.png

ok but r u lying tho

it's okay

I can smell, you can trust me

it's true

nobody who smells can lie

vRyue2p.png
    What’s a vector

@Kana

On a scale from 0 to 14, how basic am I for really liking Super Junior and Black Pink

edited February 2018
    What’s a vector

it's a cereal for athletes

you wouldn't have seen it

Evil Multifarious on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Did he die for our sins?

No

he died for his own sins while looking at you meaningfully but dismissively with just a hint of derision

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    What’s a vector

std:vector is kind of like a list in C# or Java

I don't know what languages you are familiar with

Delmain on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

sdqBkLm.png

Morbo appreciates this reference.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.