As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chimera's Midweek Movie Monster Mash! [b-movies from 80's and 90's]

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Well obviously clothes = evil, duh! :P

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Deathstalker is off stalking his next victim, but don't worry as ol' Cryptie is here to keep us entertained with a frightful story of the untimely demise of Tim Curry's sales career!

HTTPS://WWW.RABB.IT/CHITHEMONSTER

2mcl892xn1ym.jpg

Chimera on
    Another tale laid to rest. The Keeper may be done for the night but we aren't as we keep on truckin' with Maximum Overdrive! Time to shift things into a higher gear and get this show on the road!

ionx748zbnpa.png

Maximum Overdrive is all out of fuel so that's it! Wait? Not satisfied? Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS! Up next is The Legend of Zelda, The Animated Series!

i92fv7761rnx.jpg

It's game over for Link but we have an extra life left over so don't TOUCH that dial or you'd be Better Off Dead! Up next is John Cusac showing his baby face off with one of his earliest appearances on the big screen! Grab a drink, settle in with some pop corn, and stick around for our final showing of the night!

ondiy3vzqppv.jpg

edited February 2018
    giphy.gif

Chimera on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'd love for us to watch this movie. But I can't find a way to watch it. The entire movie is on Youtube...in Spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGI-iLTdNn4

Also known as Andy Colby's Incredible Aventure. Or Incredibly Awesome Adventure.

uyvfOQy.png
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Can I also suggest Meet the Applegates for another movie night

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    That's it everyone! Thanks for coming out and watching with me! For those not apart of it, here is my official Discord chat for the stream: https://discord.gg/hne8H85

Next week will be and off week since I am only going to run it every other week. Feb 14th will be the next stream which means it will be just in time for Valentines Day and so expect a lot of cheesy love themed movies and songs! :winky:

Good night everyone! <3

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2018
    The 75p per night sticker on the front of Deathstalker 2 has called forth strong and fond memories of the tiny video rental store on the way home from school.

Bogart on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I completely forgot about the stream! Dammit... This stupid week has just been awful. Transmission crapped out in rush hour traffic on Monday, mom comes down with a case of "the demon flu" (her words, I dunno) and now I missed that movie >:[

I'll have to track it down somewhere.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I completely forgot about the stream! Dammit... This stupid week has just been awful. Transmission crapped out in rush hour traffic on Monday, mom comes down with a case of "the demon flu" (her words, I dunno) and now I missed that movie >:[

I'll have to track it down somewhere.

Here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ebhhL8LkA
    Bogart wrote: »
    The 75p per night sticker on the front of Deathstalker 2 has called forth strong and fond memories of the tiny video rental store on the way home from school.

Then my job here is done! :D

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Good movie night was good.

Can we watch Samurai Cop?

Samurai Cop, followed by The Room, with Samurai Cop II to wrap things up.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited February 2018
    No, The Room, please. It's nigh unwatchable.

Can't we just watch the original Night of the Demons, instead?

e- Hell, I'd rather watch the newer version instead.

No-Quarter on
    Trolls II on loop FOREVER!

edited February 2018
    giphy.gif

Chimera on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Chimera wrote: »

I want an 80s movie that is set close to 2018, plz.

emnmnme on
    emnmnme wrote: »

So you want Back To The Future II? I mean, the year is off a bit but that is clearly 2018 they went back to when Biff was large and in charge.

So you want Back To The Future II? I mean, the year is off a bit but that is clearly 2018 they went back to when Biff was large and in charge.

Wikipedia says Cherry 2000 is set in 2017. Blade Runner is 2019.

Where is my rusted-out flying car the 80s promised me I'd have by now?

I need a bad 80s or early 90s cartoon episode that has a valentines day theme.

The ones I'm finding are Chipmunks, Muppet Babies (but can't find a working one) and Cathy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Movies set in 2018? Oooh, here's a few:

RollerballPoster.jpg

The_Running_Man_%281987%29_poster.jpg

4BP5NTQl.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Actually I just found a real good one, PM.

uyvfOQy.png
    Feral wrote: »
    Movies set in 2018? Oooh, here's a few:

RollerballPoster.jpg

The_Running_Man_%281987%29_poster.jpg

4BP5NTQl.jpg

The first and last one are not in the right year range for the stream but the Running Man will make it in an all arnold night!

So here's a thing I made for a quick and super shoddy/shitty transition on part of the next stream:

n9od85p7c5yw.png

I'll let you guess what cartoon is going to make it onto the stream next time. <3

Nuuuuuuuu I don't think I can watch tonight! D:

Thats a shame because we do have a stream tonight!

STREAM WILL BE DELAYED ONE HOUR DUE TO TECHNICAL REASONS!

New starting time will be 10pm eastern time!

edited February 2018
    qpoxve2mwakf.png

<3STARTING TONIGHT AT 10PM EASTERN, CHIMERA'S VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL <3

Here's the line up in order of airing:
    • Blind Date staring Kim Basinger and Bruce Willis (1987)
    • Tina Turner's What's Love Got To Do With It (1984)
    • Tales From The Crypt season 3, episode 2 Loved To Death staring Andrew McCarthy and Mariel Hemingway (1991)
    • Whitesnake's Is This Love (1987)
    • True Romance written by Quinton Tarantino and staring Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette (1993)
    • Michael Bolton's When A Man Loves A Woman (1991)
    • GI Joe season 1, episode 38 Eau De Cobra, hosted by Sgt Slaughter (1985)
    • The Jets' Crush On You (1986)
    • My Bloody Valentine, the best slasher film to come from Canada. (1981)
    • The B-52's Love Shack (1989)

Be sure to tune in! HTTPS://WWW.RABB.IT/CHITHEMONSTER

<3<3<3

Chimera on
    @Chimera Is there a stream tomorrow Chi?

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

No-Quarter wrote: »
    @Chimera Is there a stream tomorrow Chi?

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

NOPE! The stream is bi-weekly now. Next stream is going to be on February 28th since the last one was on the 14th!

D:D:D:

Life is too busy for me to make it a weekly stream and keep it at the quality I like with the editing and commercial breaks and stuff. If I could do it weekly I would love to! too? TWO?! 2? II?!?!

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    @Chimera what's on tap tonight?

are YOU on the beer list?
    No response. Chimera must be dead.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    No response. Chimera must be dead.

Only possible conclusion

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Sorry guys, I moved into a new apartment last Friday and the cable company was supposed to get my internet up and running but are horrible people and failed to show yesterday and today so the stream will be delayed to next wednesday and then will be back on schedule with another showing the wednesday after that.