As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MCU] The Wasp is in a movie, Ant-man may be involved

Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
Harry Dresden on

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Gonna be a good year.

• PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Tragic Fear regarding Cap.
    So Chris Evans obviously has to leave at some point. Like nothing can last forever, right? He's a young guy though, so I could see him sticking with the universe, but I also imagine he might be jonesing to do some other acting, which being so busy in Marvel precludes. I can only imagine they're going to kill Cap for the emotional gut-punch that that would be. RDJ will exit the series by becoming more like Fury - running the Avengers via being Tony Stark and less Iron Man. Thor will exit by being King of Asgard.

But I can't help but feel so goddamn sad for Cap if they do that. Sure, the guy's 100 years old biologically, but he's in his early 30's. Lost his parents at 18, becomes a supersoldier at 23 (1941), gets frozen at 26 (1944), wakes up in 2012, and has made it until now, 2018. He found Bucky (101st), lost Bucky (Train), found Bucky again (Winter Solder), fought Bucky (Winter Soldier), lost Bucky (Winter Soldier), found Bucky (Civil War), reuinited with Bucky (Civil War), and lost Bucky (freeze.) If he dies, that is just one tragically depressing life of sacrifice for a guy who above all Avengers, deserves a win.

I understand if they do it, but damnit, I want Cap to walk into the sunset with Sharon Carter and have himself some peace and quiet like Barton.

Watched Civil War this evening, which caught me up on Cap, and now has me thinking.

Priest on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    He should probably walk into the sunset with someone he has actual chemistry with.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    He should probably walk into the sunset with someone he has actual chemistry with.
    hqdefault.jpg

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Did a double take cause I thought that was Karen Gillan in the last picture in the OP

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Did a double take cause I thought that was Karen Gillan in the last picture.
    Sebastian Stan is a pretty pretty man.

Commander Zoom on
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Did a double take cause I thought that was Karen Gillan in the last picture.
    Sebastian Stan is a pretty pretty man.

Not with that hair. Bleh.

• KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    I can't decide if brie larson is attractive or not.

I feel like she was very unattractive in the captain marvel costume in the other thread, but I feel like she is substantially more attractive in the above picture.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I don't get it

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Ketherial wrote: »

I feel like she was very unattractive in the captain marvel costume in the other thread, but I feel like she is substantially more attractive in the above picture.

Because for whatever reason she looks better in the above photo (probably to most people). Angle, lighting, makeup, whatever. Probably helps this one wasn't a quick snap of a picture.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    So Chris Evans obviously has to leave at some point. Like nothing can last forever, right? He's a young guy though, so I could see him sticking with the universe, but I also imagine he might be jonesing to do some other acting, which being so busy in Marvel precludes. I can only imagine they're going to kill Cap for the emotional gut-punch that that would be. RDJ will exit the series by becoming more like Fury - running the Avengers via being Tony Stark and less Iron Man. Thor will exit by being King of Asgard.

But I can't help but feel so goddamn sad for Cap if they do that. Sure, the guy's 100 years old biologically, but he's in his early 30's. Lost his parents at 18, becomes a supersoldier at 23 (1941), gets frozen at 26 (1944), wakes up in 2012, and has made it until now, 2018. He found Bucky (101st), lost Bucky (Train), found Bucky again (Winter Solder), fought Bucky (Winter Soldier), lost Bucky (Winter Soldier), found Bucky (Civil War), reuinited with Bucky (Civil War), and lost Bucky (freeze.) If he dies, that is just one tragically depressing life of sacrifice for a guy who above all Avengers, deserves a win.

I understand if they do it, but damnit, I want Cap to walk into the sunset with Sharon Carter and have himself some peace and quiet like Barton.

Watched Civil War this evening, which caught me up on Cap, and now has me thinking.

I think the reverse, if anything
    Stark has had a fully realized growing-up character arc; he even got to be kind of a surrogate father-figure. If anyone's ticket is getting punched for dramatic effect it's his.

By contrast I feel like there's lots of places to go with Rogers; Rogers-as-Fury is a lot more interesting a premise than Stark-as-Fury, at this point

plus Evans is a lot younger; he's got a lot more years of plausibly playing action heroes if he wants to

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular

Have you seen her in Scott Pilgrim?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Stark has had a fully realized growing-up character arc; he even got to be kind of a surrogate father-figure. If anyone's ticket is getting punched for dramatic effect it's his.

By contrast I feel like there's lots of places to go with Rogers; Rogers-as-Fury is a lot more interesting a premise than Stark-as-Fury, at this point

plus Evans is a lot younger; he's got a lot more years of plausibly playing action heroes if he wants to
    In terms of impact, losing Stark would be the biggest blow. He provides the majority of the tech and funding (besides Iron Man, War Machine, Falcon and Spider-man all rely on him for their suits. He probably came up with a lot of the others toys they use, too).
    Emotionally (and despite what the first Cap movie's subtitle may claim), he's the First Avenger for the audience. He's where the MCU got started, so losing him will hurt.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin

It's not important to anyone or anything whether you find Brie Larson attractive or not.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

In terms of impact, losing Stark would be the biggest blow. He provides the majority of the tech and funding (besides Iron Man, War Machine, Falcon and Spider-man all rely on him for their suits. He probably came up with a lot of the others toys they use, too).
    Emotionally (and despite what the first Cap movie's subtitle may claim), he's the First Avenger for the audience. He's where the MCU got started, so losing him will hurt.

Justin Hammer can hook them up

Or this dude with the initials VVD?

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Damn I forgot she was Envy. Need a Captain Marvel and America team up for a Scott Pilgrim Ex’s reunion.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Damn I forgot she was Envy. Need a Captain Marvel and America team up for a Scott Pilgrim Ex’s reunion.

My favorite thing about that is that she was actually singing that part. She's talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ91nArSjOg
    I like it better than the original <_<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfoTGFGARE

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just as an aside, as someone who grew up playing NES games before he could read...

Clash at Demonhead was a damned, DAMNED hard and confusing game.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Just as an aside, as someone who grew up playing NES games before he could read...

Clash at Demonhead was a damned, DAMNED hard and confusing game.

It was fully a "Nintendo Power Game."

Black Panther is sold the fuck out here. I'm gonna have to see a mid-week showing because the weekend is jam packed.

• KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Tube wrote: »

It's not important to anyone or anything whether you find Brie Larson attractive or not.

uh, okay?

you in a bad mood or something?

nothing said on this entire forum is important to anyone or anything.

Ketherial on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    He wasn't inviting discussion, dude.

rRwz9.gif
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky

Same group bombed RT's audience scores for TLJ, apparently.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    At this point, they really should just shut down user reviews on sites like Rotten Tomatoes.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This is what the Nerd Crews hath wrought, let the sides destroy each other.

rttuwoG.jpg

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    This is what jerkoff Alt-Right fuckbois hath wrought. Leave the fans out of it.

Giggles_Funsworth on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I do wonder if they’d be going after White Panther...

Doctor Detroit on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

If the cast prominently featured women or people of color...

Yes, because they are misogynists and racists.

edited February 2018

Oh you didn't read it?
    Much of this community’s language involves bashing “SJWs,” citing conspiratorial claims that Disney engaged in “corporate manipulations which created falsified bad press for the DCEU.”

Whereas previous efforts related to The Last Jedi involved spam bots that negatively rated the movie, this new effort against Black Panther involves distributing spoilers to targeted “Marvel fanboys” and leveraging DC fans to also add their own negative reviews to the movie.

The group’s leader told Inverse that they’re acting out against Disney’s supposed efforts to “shove SJW messages down our throats,” adding that “minorities … should stay that way.”

But also: “People didn’t want Luke Skywalker to be nerfed in favor of MaRey Sue."

jungleroomx on
    I just feel bad for the DC fans who are gonna get lumped in with these knuckleheads.

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Welp, guess I'm checking out of Twitter until the 16th. What a bunch of assholes.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Disney has already said they don’t care about user reviews from sites like Rotten Tomatoes. It won’t achieve anything outside of getting reactions out of people that pay attention to them.

edited February 2018
    Quid wrote: »
    Disney has already said they don’t care about user reviews from sites like Rotten Tomatoes. It won’t achieve anything outside of getting reactions out of people that pay attention to them.

I mean, it's kinda dumb innit?

They're bombing the portion of the RT score that nobody cares about

The mass distribution of spoilers... that's just a dick move

jungleroomx on
    They're dumb.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It seems like it's all a lie though. Rotten Tomatoes themselves said there was nothing different about their Last Jedi reviews from other movies, only an uptick in written reviews. So 99% these guys are lying about the tubes they can hack and this is unnecessary publicity being given to them. And unless BP is as divisive as Last Jedi seemingly was with the fans (didn't see it, don't care to see it), the bluff will be called in two weeks.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It seems like it's all a lie though. Rotten Tomatoes themselves said there was nothing different about their Last Jedi reviews from other movies, only an uptick in written reviews. So 99% these guys are lying about the tubes they can hack and this is unnecessary publicity being given to them. And unless BP is as divisive as Last Jedi seemingly was with the fans (didn't see it, don't care to see it), the bluff will be called in two weeks.

Black Panther is practically made to piss these people off, I'd be shocked if it's RT audience score wasn't targeted. You're giving assholes too much of a benefit of a doubt. If they got that reaction from a Star Wars movie, BP is going to give them an aneurysm.

Harry Dresden on
    TexiKen wrote: »

I call horseshit, because even on a cursory review of the user ratings I saw multiples from the same people with no text.

This discussion has been closed.