As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Asus]Monitor not picking up Video Feed [SOLVED]

KruiteKruite Registered User regular
Got a new monitor, but the monitor isn't picking up HDMI feed from video card.

Strange thing is I can see windows boot up, but it then goes blank at the log in

Kruite on

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    If your GPU is sending the BIOS over, but the feed ends when your OS boots up--is it possible your desktop is set to a resolution incompatible with your display?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Do you have the monitor plugged into the correct hdmi port? Your motherboard may have its own, but you need to use the one on the gpu.

• Options
    It's plugged into the video card.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Does your gpu have more than one output? Can you try plugging the monitor in to a different port?

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I will be trying that today when I get a converter; I suspect the video card hdmi output isn't functional (I have no logical justification for it except that I've tried to hook it up to a tv before with no success)

EDIT: [SOLVED] The converter worked. The HDMI outlet on the Video Card is not working.

Kruite on
This discussion has been closed.