As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The left side is a trap, weapon/armor mats are by far the most limited resource

Yea, I guess I was still thinking in FFRK terms where anything that you got in pulls was pretty much instantly capped by default.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    I have a problem with a tier list that goes from SS to A

A rank I guess means, if you pulled it, be happy they're not B or less tier? Considering how many characters there are in JP right now, and not seeing a bunch of those names, that's... that's a lot of non-top tiers.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    When do we get chibi Seymour? I hope he summons Actual Satan Anima somehow from his little baby sprite

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Pulled on the new banner, 1/11 for Zidane. Okay I guess.

edited February 2018
    MummBrah wrote: »
    When do we get chibi Seymour? I hope he summons Actual Satan Anima somehow from his little baby sprite

Dunno when/if he APPEARS but I doubt we'd ever get him, this game seems to be drawing a line in the sand on the "No you will not recruit villains" front.

EDIT: Never mind, dunno wtf I'm talking about.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The chance of getting a 5* that's not the guaranteed from a 5k gem pull seems abysmally low.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Is it possible to combine the single pull tickets into an 11 draw, or are they only ever usable for singles?

Javen wrote: »
    The chance of getting a 5* that's not the guaranteed from a 5k gem pull seems abysmally low.

10%, which is pretty fair. If you're pulling on the 3 hero rate up banner, it's divided as 30% equally between the featured units, and 10% for any off-banner weapon.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    huh wow. there's a pretty sudden jump in difficulty at the end of chapter 4.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Man, bad pulls on that banner.

1 got me Rune Blade as my +1 which is off banner.

3 tifa and 1 zidane from 3 more. So I’ll probably not get squall’s weapon here.

Squall will be back. He gets enhancements in the future, so his weapons will be featured again.

Next character (if we maintain JP schedule) will be Vanille, and Yuna and Hope were featured on her banner. Vanille's a debuffer, and her weapon really improves her 1st skill. Normally it's a 1x hit, that debuffs DEF for 1 turn, but with her 5* Physician's Staff, it's a 3 turn ATK/DEF debuff. Her 2nd skill allows her to dispel a buff. She currently does not have any enhancements, though...

But I'd really like that rate up on Yuna's staff...

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Beasteh you always seem to know the metagame and what things to shoot for:

Is this an okay banner to pull on?

Pulling this from Reddit so you have an idea of who to focus on crystal levelling EVEN WITHOUT THEIR 5* (not hugely important this early in the game, it's easy enough, just future proofing)

I've bolded the important ones for ease of reference

BLACK

Squall SS - best short range phsyical attacker - we got 35 CP armor for him pretty early also.
    Cecil SS - AOE brave attack
    King - A Rank (best ranged physical attacker)
    Vivi - A rank fire mage
    Shadow - A rank
    Future : Kefka S Rank (best debuffer)

WHITE

Yuna - SS Rank BRV and HP recovery support, status recovery
    WoL - SS Rank Second best tank (snow is better)
    Hope - A Rank
    Future: Serah - SS rank

BLUE

Zidane - SS Rank (Top Brave Attacker) -, debuffs, phys attacker
    Cloud - S rank - paralysis user, has access to a 35 cp weapon now long before others, for those with the NT code
    Laguna - S rank
    Edge - S rank evading tank
    Future : Tidus SS Rank, Krile SS rank buffer

GREEN

Terra - SS rank - Second best magic attacker after vaan
    Rem - S rank - hp recovery and buffs
    Yda - B rank
    Steiner - B rank
    Future : Snow - SS Rank, Best tank, Ace SS rank, Sephiroth S rank

RED

Vaan - SS - Best HP attacker
    Firion - SS Rank atttacker that can recover own HP
    Onion knight - S Rank
    Sazh - C rank
    Yuffie - C Rank

YELLOW

Bartz - SS rank - Half of enemy brave with missile and extra attack
    Y'shtola - S rank BRV battery and delayer
    Yang - S rank
    Tifa - A Rank
    Future : Lilisette SS Rank Best support, Lightning - SS rank

Where did you pull this from? Because my boy isn't on here and that makes me sad and worried.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I'm surprised to hear about Zidane, but now more glad that I pulled his Zwill Crossblades last night.

Keep in mind some of those SS tier listings are when the character also gets their level 60 upgrade, and some new weapons that affect their skills. Squall shines in this event because of the synergy boost against the hardest behemoth fights. Otherwise, he's just a strong Brave hitter that helps him build his HP damage, but not much else.

Reading up some on reddit about the JP version of the game, it sounds like almost every character is somewhere between "usable" and "amazing" after they get their level cap raised to 60 and access to a "35 CP" weapon. I think this is reinforcing my previous plan of saving pulls for events that feature characters I like, rather than going for whatever the current hotness is. Rerolling a bit at the start to get a couple good/fun characters seems like it should be sufficient for a while.

The late grind on character crystals is real. 100 of each for that final level? Seriously? I barely have enough of the third tier crystal for anything more than a couple of skills.

The late grind on character crystals is real. 100 of each for that final level? Seriously? I barely have enough of the third tier crystal for anything more than a couple of skills.

Those keys youve been getting (and are the only worthwhile thing to buy with Dissidia points imo) that unlock cycle quests are pretty huge. 30 minutes of chain running your desired crystal daily can really help in maxing out your A Team.

And yet, someone I'm following already has Bartz at crystal level 50.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    At some point, the Power Stones that can be used to limit break weapons will be available for Dissidia points. How much do those cost? Because I don't want to miss any of those if I can help it.

At some point, the Power Stones that can be used to limit break weapons will be available for Dissidia points. How much do those cost? Because I don't want to miss any of those if I can help it.

I hear from Reddit you can get one per week. I don’t know if the limitation is item quantity or DP.

Tried stage 5 of the even but I need more levels.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

Yeah, that event does not mess around.

Figured I'd be okay 'cuz I can solo the co-op mission that's quest level 40, and that stage has event level 35.

Nope.

IKknkhU.gif
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Got the Twin Lance is one multipull, so that's neat. Time to engage gem hoarding.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Got Squall to crystal level 47

He is a strong fellow

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Pulled on Squall banner, got his 5* and Tifa's...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Got Squall to crystal level 47

He is a strong fellow

Can confirm, Beasteh's Squall is a strong fellow
    Stilts wrote: »
    Feldorn wrote: »

Yeah, that event does not mess around.

Figured I'd be okay 'cuz I can solo the co-op mission that's quest level 40, and that stage has event level 35.

Nope.

Event tip: Behemoth and Gaia Behemoth have different movesets, and it's really important. If you see regular Behemoth queueing up an AOE, you want to build as much BRV as you can to withstand the lightning blast (you get two turns to do it, because the turn before is a self buff). If you see Gaia Behemoth queueing up an AOE, you want to have everyone dump BRV via HP attacks because it's a % based attack. The top difficulty Gaia Behemoth is still a bastard that will Heave someone for 3000 even if he was broken the turn before, though :X

Also, event synergy seems powerful, and Squall's a pretty good character even without his sword (!) so it might be worth levelling him up and getting him to his second ability, at least.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fuck it, I'm tempted to stick with this roll - WoL's weapon on the tutorial ticket and Y'shtola's/Yang's from the half-price draw. I should roll the last 10k on the banner with Cloud, I guess.

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    You get such a huge amount of gems that I wouldn't worry too much about your first batch of weapons, everyone will mow through the normal story content right now as is

Except for a single pull on the Squall banner I've spent every 5k gems I get doing pulls on the monthly group banner, it's worked out just fine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i guess i'm gonna go with my first set of pulls, even though YUFFIE IS IN THIS GAME AND I DIDN'T GET HER WEAPON :O
    poor C rank Yuffie.

WoL
    Bartz x2 (same pull)
    Y'Shtola
    Rem x2 (lol)
    Penelo

so far, so good.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Earlier I did a pull on the Squall banner and got double Tifa. This morning I racked up 5k but also got the three draw tickets from the event. I used them on the Squall banner and the first one got me Squall's weapon! =)

Second two were 3* of course. I used that 5k on the all character draw and got Y'shtola and a second Vaan. Reasonably happy about that too.

I was downright surprised at the difficulty of chapter 4 and 5 of the Squall event. I still mastered it, but those fights took WAY longer than anything else up to that point. Over 100 turns.

The hardest objective sometimes is to win without getting broken. Also, in the Carbuncle dungeon, doing the 30 stamina/level 60 fight in 20 turns.

Yeah, I ran through the hard mode quests in pretty much a straight shot, so I basically approach every fight with the objective of never being broken anymore, just on habit

Luckily WoL makes this incredibly easy, once you get Throw Buckler.

edited February 2018
    Squall is now crystal level 50

Getting his Twin Lance to level 35... that's the real Everest

Beasteh on
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Crystal level 50 seems impossibly far away but then again I don't get to do more than a couple of coop games a day. Were you just grinding coop hard? Using some gems to refresh the purple crystal stage?

ffbe ign: Kas
    No gems were harmed

I spent some DP on the cycle keys and used the tome of 2x items in tandem with unlocking the black cycle and doing level 50 on auto (Zidane/Vaan/Squall) manually using Shiva on the final stage

How ridiculous do your weapons have to be to get away with autoing the level 50 dailies? I have to actually concentrate and use skills at the right time and on the right targets to clear them manually.

Got an answer to this on reddit: 900 points per stone. And we only get 100 points per day right now. Think I am going to just bank up points rather than buying cycle keys, unless I find myself really needing a push on crystals.

How ridiculous do your weapons have to be to get away with autoing the level 50 dailies? I have to actually concentrate and use skills at the right time and on the right targets to clear them manually.

It helps that once you get the completion rewards once, you have no reason to care about score, so auto-battling makes much more sense then.

PS if people are farming the hope dojo it costs less gil to max out a 2* weapon and smash it into the thing you want to level than it costs to just plink 2* red stones into the weapon

Gives more exp as well