As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The new banner is Terra/Penelo/Rem, which feels like a bit of a trap. But Penelo's Haste+ actually sounds pretty good with the weapon boost, so maybe not?

I already have double Terra though, so I cleared Act3 and Act1 Hard and did a 5k on the All Heroes banner. Was getting nervous when the ninth relic was 3*, but the last two were 5* and both new; Edge and Yda! That's a solid fucking YES.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I think I've got a roll I could be happy with - WoL, Tifa, Y'shtola, King, Firion, Yang, Terra, and Squall with my tutorial gems. Tifa, King, and Yang are kinda meh, but the other five look to be good.

Anyone got a more informed opinion? I'm not really sure of what to look for as far as judging whether a character's abilities are good or not.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I've got enough gems for four (4) 11 pulls right now; is hoarding worth it, or should I tilt at Squall's banner again? Right now I have stuff for Rem, WoL, Cloud, Bartz, Yuna, Firion, and Zidane. I could use a 5* Gun, Fist, and Thrown, just in general. I'm not sure how Squall's role and strengths compare to who I've got already; would he be an improvement or redundant?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Terra banner?

I am focusing on maxing out 3 characters in particular

Squall, Vaan and Terra

So I pull

1/11 Falchion

Yaas

• Options
    just to give you all a little taster of why investing in terra is a good idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMHxmRm5Peg

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The DKCecil with his second skill that not only does good BRV damage, but a guaranteed chain? That seems broken-good. When's his first focus banner? I might pull for him. Hopefully Vaan is a featured unit with him. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The DKCecil with his second skill that not only does good BRV damage, but a guaranteed chain? That seems broken-good. When's his first focus banner? I might pull for him. Hopefully Vaan is a featured unit with him. :P

Cloud's second move "Finishing Move" does the same thing without HP damage. So Cecil's is better but if you're already invested deeply in Cloud it's not a travesty.

• Options
    Nah. I have nothing for Cloud, amazingly. I pulled 2 times on that Cloud/WoL/Bartz banner and came out with 3 WoL swords, so WoL is my tank for life, even if Snow is better when he comes out.

A friend tells me the first DKCecil banner is when Krile drops, which looks to be quite a ways into the game's future. Maybe that's just when his Lv.60 enhancements come, though?

• Options
    I got DK Cecil's sword as off banner on the Cloud WoL Bartz banner and it's served me well so far

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Went and added my # to the doc and sent out some reqs. With some xp/loot books I guess the last few levels of both xp and crystals aren't all that bad. Are dissidia points capped or used for much else? Doesn't seem like a rush so don't have to buy unlock keys really, but would if there's no real reason not to.

Hope dojo or WoI for weapons still seems ridiculously painful at the higher levels.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Is it worth using characters you don't have a 5* weapon specific to them for, even if they're a decent level/crystal strength? They should a 5* weapon in general, but not one with synergy/t

• Options
    Is it worth using characters you don't have a 5* weapon specific to them for, even if they're a decent level/crystal strength? They should a 5* weapon in general, but not one with synergy/t

A few people on my friend's list do this currently. The stats that a 5* confers to a character are the real benefit. The boost to the first skill for the specific character are nice, sure, but as a generic 5* on a character that can equip it, it's still pretty strong, just like in FFRK.

It also helps to level as many characters as you can, because that's how your Rank goes up so you can get more stamina for events like the Carbuncle dungeon.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    So, I've just started playing this a bit (just what I need in my life, another gatcha game), and it seems pretty fun. Just a couple questions:
    1) Is it worth pumping up weapons that aren't 5*?
    2) After the story stuff (no idea how many chapters there are), how time intensive are the dailies and what not? This is the thing that has been wearing on me with the Star Wars game. Just a lot of menus to click though to press "sim" for the most part, and pretty uninteresting gameplay in most situations
    3) How good/bad of a start do I have that on the 6 (maybe 7?) pulls that I've done with the gems I've collected so far I have the following weapons:
    Enhancer x2 (WoL's weapon)
    Thyrus (Y'shtola)
    Platinum sword (Vaan)
    Chocoblade x 4 (?!) (I think this is for Bartz, I don't even have the freakin' character yet)
    Falchion (I think this is for Terra?)
    4) Are all the characters obtainable through story quests?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    3) Uh, wow? I think that's a pretty damn good set of pulls.
    4) Everyone but Squall atm. Who's just a quick event quest.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    So, I've just started playing this a bit (just what I need in my life, another gatcha game), and it seems pretty fun. Just a couple questions:
    1) Is it worth pumping up weapons that aren't 5*?
    2) After the story stuff (no idea how many chapters there are), how time intensive are the dailies and what not? This is the thing that has been wearing on me with the Star Wars game. Just a lot of menus to click though to press "sim" for the most part, and pretty uninteresting gameplay in most situations
    3) How good/bad of a start do I have that on the 6 (maybe 7?) pulls that I've done with the gems I've collected so far I have the following weapons:
    Enhancer x2 (WoL's weapon)
    Thyrus (Y'shtola)
    Platinum sword (Vaan)
    Chocoblade x 4 (?!) (I think this is for Bartz, I don't even have the freakin' character yet)
    Falchion (I think this is for Terra?)
    4) Are all the characters obtainable through story quests?

1) Not really, no. The armors are worthwhile to a degree, though, as 4* armors are pretty rare, boost specific character's stats when equipped to them, and as we get more 5* armors, they're more easily obtainable by beating the event the associated character(s) come with.

2) There aren't as many menus, but you can run 10 dailies per day (you can get keys to unlock additional dailies for 30 minutes at a time if you choose) and you get 5 bells to host multiplayer fights per day. However, you can also be a guest to a MP fight, and it does not cost you any bells to participate, so you can run dailies indefinitely if you like. Otherwise, I'd say it takes maybe 30-45 minutes to complete everything?

3) You have a full set of top-tier meta character weapons. Focus on Vaan and Terra and Bartz (when you get him). Y'shtola and WoL are also excellent.

4) Yes. There are 5 chapters in the game right now. Squall's event dropped a while ago and he is available from completing a couple of cutscenes and one easy round of fights. New characters are either introduced through events like Squall's, or new Chapters. Chapter 6 will give us Wakka, Shantotto and Galuf.

• Options
    One wonders how you'd get Squall once his event is done. I think someone mentioned event reruns?

• Options
    Cool, thanks for the info guys. I've been using Y'shtola's weapon with Vivi (mostly just that I'm particularly fond of Vivi) and that he has the x2 xp thing goin' on. I don't have Terra either (just started chapter 3).

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Beasteh wrote: »

That doesn't even look like the same game, the scale of all the numbers is just so much higher than what we have now.

I don't think it's especially worth "investing" in trying to get Terra's 15 CP weapon now, when you'll probably pick it up accidentally when you chase after her 35 CP weapon when it arrives.

If anything, that video suggests to me going after Yuna's 35 CP weapon because holy shit the team is getting absurd amounts of free BRV all the time

Fry on
  • Options
    Are dissidia points capped or used for much else? Doesn't seem like a rush so don't have to buy unlock keys really, but would if there's no real reason not to.

At some point, the JP version also got Power Stones (things you can use to Limit Break your weapons if you don't have enough duplicate copies of the weapon) in the Dissidia Points shop for 900 once per week. So my idea was to save up DP to be able to buy those.

But uh, apparently DP caps at 1000, so you kinda have to spend them anyway. :/ Might as well buy Cycle Keys in the meantime.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

That doesn't even look like the same game, the scale of all the numbers is just so much higher than what we have now.

I don't think it's especially worth "investing" in trying to get Terra's 15 CP weapon now, when you'll probably pick it up accidentally when you chase after her 35 CP weapon when it arrives.

Luckily, dupes are much more useful here than in FFRK and you can transfer the limit breaks by selling unneeded relics, so I wouldn't feel too bad about going hard on a waifu banner.

I'm still trying to figure out the different "roles" each character has, though. Tanks and healers are obvious, but are there significant differences between, say, Firion and Zidane? It seems like a lot of attackers are nothing but "hit BRV, HP, or both" with minor flavor differences.

• Options
    Yuna's Esuna is equal to Y'shtola's Medica II in terms of being a BRV battery. It's just that Yuna's Esuna is her primary skill (meaning her weapon is available now) while Y'shtola does have to wait for her 35CP weapon to be on equal footing.

Anecdotally, I partied with a high level/crystal Y'sh while hosting an MP fight and she popped Medica II for 3K BRV to everyone. That was a little absurd because it's all raw stats and whatever passives she gets in her crystal levels. Her Omnirod (35CP) raises the BRV gain of Medica II, and grants small Max BRV Up for 5 turns.

The bigger benefit Yuna has over Y'shtola is 8 uses of Esuna to Medica II's 5 uses.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I pulled on the banner since this game actually treats FF6 characters with respect. Didn't get Terra's weapon. But I do have a fully limit broken weapon for Penelo, so that a thing.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Are dissidia points capped or used for much else? Doesn't seem like a rush so don't have to buy unlock keys really, but would if there's no real reason not to.

At some point, the JP version also got Power Stones (things you can use to Limit Break your weapons if you don't have enough duplicate copies of the weapon) in the Dissidia Points shop for 900 once per week. So my idea was to save up DP to be able to buy those.

But uh, apparently DP caps at 1000, so you kinda have to spend them anyway. :/ Might as well buy Cycle Keys in the meantime.

When they introduce the extra stuff you can buy with DP (Power stones, extra voice emotes, new Mog emojis etc) they raise the DP cap to 2000

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i think i beat this event banner.
    3 pulls, 2/11 both zidane, 1/11 zidane, 2/11 zidane + squall.
    i did not think i'd be able to play MLB anywhere near this soon.

this nicely rounds out my team of BEAST MODE ZIDANE + hangers-on.
    i would like some advice about who else to put on the team, tho.

these are my 5* weapon options:
    Squall (5* armor)
    WoL (4* armor)
    Y'shtola
    Bartz (4* armor)
    Penelo (4* armor)
    Rem

so far i've been running WoL and Y'shtola, since i just got Squall and Bartz.
    also Y'shtola and Bartz are fighting for yellow crystals, and i don't know who to prioritize.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    This game is interesting so far. Terra has the wrong hair color, but nothing is perfect. I dunno how I feel about my pulls so far, but I think I have done well. Cloud, Terra, Sazhx2, Remx2, King, and Warrior of Light weapons so far. I am still trying to unlock Terra, but I am in the right chapter to do it at least. Can't wait to see what she can do.

• Options
    Terra calls the meteors

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Terra calls the meteors

Her first skill is fun. Multiply brave by 1.5x (and increase max). Change HP attack to Meltdown... which adds the same amount of brave you just gained again and then nukes. Haven't farmed up meteors on her yet... but I drew on the new set and pulled a second of her sword and Penelo's dagger so I think that puts me in a good spot towards unleashing it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Oh man is she fun. I am a bit away from being able to use Meteor, but boosted Meltdown is pretty awesome. She is tearing shit apart. Can't wait to see what it is like when she gets buffed.

• Options
    Did you see the video I linked up the page, it showcases how busted she is at 60 with her 35 CP relic

30k+ damage

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    This game is interesting so far. Terra has the wrong hair color, but nothing is perfect. I dunno how I feel about my pulls so far, but I think I have done well. Cloud, Terra, Sazhx2, Remx2, King, and Warrior of Light weapons so far. I am still trying to unlock Terra, but I am in the right chapter to do it at least. Can't wait to see what she can do.

Good point. What is up with Terra's hair? Isn't it supposed to be green?

• Options
    Gnizmo wrote: »

Good point. What is up with Terra's hair? Isn't it supposed to be green?

There is some concept art from FFVI showing her with blonde hair, and I believe that was used in the added cut scenes for one of the ports. I know they used it as her face for the phone ports of the game sadly. Dissidia ultimately went with the blonde look for reasons I forget. I want to say it was the same designer which makes it all seem a bit weirder, but whatever. I want to say it mostly revolves around wanting to make Terra's sprite stand out in FFVI and thats why it was changed to green late in the process.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    You ever have those lucky-not-lucky moments?
    So Squall's my only black character crystal I've been leveling, but I've been focusing my resources on Vaan atm. I have his sword at 2/3s limit broken, with two of the four power stones necessary to do the last break.
    But Squall's up to like crystal level 30-something now, and I don't have his weapon. Haven't pulled on that banner. Hit another 5000 gems though and went hey, why not. As long as I'm lucky enough to grab two 5*'s,
    I don't even care what they are. I pull two junks, I get Vaan a fully leveled sword. I get Squall's weapon, then hey, I have Squall's weapon.

Two 5*'s appear! Hurray! ..... Both are Squall's sword. Awesome? But Vaan is still without a maxed weapon :bigfrown:

• Options
    It's gonna be a while before you need limit broken weapons. I have not even gotten a single weapon up to level 20 yet, and haven't gotten any duplicates. I'm doing fine so far, though autoing the level 50 daily dungeons is a bit dicey.

• Options
    I finally cleared the normal story dungeons and got all the characters, and the event as far as getting Squall. Do the stage levels correlate at all with what level you should be? My best characters are mid 30s, and I struggle to clear the level 40 daily dungeons.

I also can't hit the target scores in the world of illusion.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    I finally cleared the normal story dungeons and got all the characters, and the event as far as getting Squall. Do the stage levels correlate at all with what level you should be? My best characters are mid 30s, and I struggle to clear the level 40 daily dungeons.

I also can't hit the target scores in the world of illusion.

Actual character level stops doing much for you after about level 30, I think? Equipping people with 5* weapons and upgrading the weapon level as high as you can is super important for stats.

Crystal level 20 is an important threshold, as that's where you get your second activated ability. There are various passives every 5 crystal levels, I think the ones at 10 and 30 are also usually pretty good, too.

But as an example, I just got Terra and gave her a 5* weapon, and she's going fine even at low level. Whereas I have Zidane up around level 20 and he still can't do jack because my best dagger is only 4*. It's alllll about having a good weapon to equip, even if it belongs to another character. Squall has been doing great work for me with Cloud's sword, though for serious business I'm going to give the sword back to Cloud.

Fry on
  • Options
    I've also run out of 3 and 4 star equipment, so I guess I should pull again if only for that stuff. Squall banner I'm thinking.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I already pulled 4 times on the squall banner and I think I’ll save for a bit.

Edit: with no squall weapons.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    i think i might focus on y'shtola right now as my third character, even though i'm missing her 4* armor.
    she seems to synergize well with two random heavy hitters, and i lack magic damage otherwise.

edit: also squall seems pretty good at wrecking faces. so does bartz.
    it's hard to choose! they're about identical at low crystal levels.

edit: do the cycle keys let you do unlimited quests in the half hour?
    or does it just let you spend your 10 quests on whatever you want?

Lucedes on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    You unlock one stage for 30 minutes, unlimited runs in that time.

• Options
    I only needed two, lol

2cmdlk8twrdc.jpg

Well, now I have a Power Stone. My first 4/4 =)