As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LGBTQIAU]: Bigger than bigots. Everyone in this thread is gorgeous and amazing FYI

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Aw hell. I guess that just means I'm not in that 'sclusie club!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Please do not ship forumers

liEt3nH.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Just be blatant when you flirt

for example

HEY @Usagi YOU HOT

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    And beyond just being generally clueless about that sort of thing I'm generally too shy and too guarded to ever feel comfortable expressing those kinds of feelings. What if I do something that outs me? Plus I feel like I can't take it seriously when I'm in guymode either because their interest is based on their gendered expectations and what they think they see but that's a false face I've presented to the world so I keep everyone at arm's length. Letting anyone in raises my anxiety level and flirting definitely makes me feel kind of vulnerable.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    no one flirt on here please

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    My awareness of flirting tends to be super delayed. I'll be thinking back over a social situation weeks or even months later and go "Oooooh... dammit!"

Partly in reaction to that, when I actually reveal that I'm interested in someone I tend to be very blunt and straightforward about it. The last thing I want is for anyone to doubt where they stand with me. But I can be kind of intimidating in person, and I don't want to freak anybody out by being subtle as a bulldozer, especially if I make them think that they're obligated to respond with similar fervor. I just don't have the instincts to navigate through a subtler approach, so mostly what I do is just shut up and keep it to myself until it's too late to do anything.

I'm told by friends who I trust to accurately measure my behavior that I can be super charming... with people who I don't perceive as viable romantic partners. Abraham Lincoln was apparently just like that - when he met Mary Todd, she was engaged to another man, and Abe was like "whew, no pressure" so he could be like everybody's favorite guy at the party.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Haha yeah it's way easier to flirt when there's essentially no stakes.

Nothing good ever came from flirting on the forums

Including the marriages and children

Especially the marriages and children

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Should we make a forum chart of who flirts with who(m?) so everyone can figure out who is hitting on who

https://xkcd.com/592/

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

How very tsundere of you

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

He says, sliding his personal phone number across the table with a wink

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    social media has made me weary with strangers flirting. i feel like i need a rapport with someone ive flirted with. i have to have ate food and read something, and then discussed something beginning to end with a person. a lot of people on twitter are like *Catgirl Noise* Pet me!!!

no, man. people need to work on sensible boundaries. stop leading off with flirting just talk like a regular ass person, or like, i dont know, try to come up with an approximation of that. theres also perception, and what people think youre about just because you talk about, or work on specific things. it can lead to a very mistaken perception that you have a way about you, that you most certainly don't.

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Please do not ship forumers

Ship me.
    Preferably to some place with a beach. I really need a vacation.

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I’m sorry.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    edited February 2018
    im not talkin about you! theres this one trans girl on twitter that keeps sending me nudes. i dont want em! leave me alone!

edit: she keeps sending emojis as well. i dont think seeing a strangers genitals is gonna be made any better by slapping a few hearts on it!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    No, not that. For bringing this whole fucking mess up.

I’m still so burned after two relationships that had their roots here on the forums, @Gatsby and someone else (I’m sorry. I know you’re angry with me for mentioning it. I can’t pretend it didn’t happen. It fucked us both up.) and I really, really didn’t want to bring forum shipping up and crushes and everything. I didn’t want this. Fuck.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Easy, Hyper. You haven't hurt anybody. Sometimes folks venture into potentially uncomfortable territory without meaning to. It happens all the time. I've done it plenty of times.

Tube stepped in pretty early, before any harm was done, 'cause he's real good at his job.

Stuff like that happens pretty regularly around here, because people can't predict the future and know how everyone around them is gonna respond to everything we say and do.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited February 2018
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I just woke up and I can feel the bags under my eyes. Stupid going to bed late. Stupid ‘brother has to get up at 4am to make it to his union courses.’

*drags self to the shower*

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
    Have you told said brother that your union contract stipulates warm caffeine in exchange for support and transportation

edited February 2018
    Haha! If I could ingest caffeine and get normal human benefits out of it, I would totally write up that kind of contract. As it is, it doesn't really make me feel any more awake in the moment, but then I have trouble sleeping at night. *jazz hands*

Luckily I don't have to drive him anywhere at 5am, but he's not very good at moving around quietly, and is also recovering from pneumonia, so he usually wakes me up as he clomps and coughs around in the kitchen. :rotate: I'm super proud of him though. He's really found work that he's motivated to do, and he's super diligent about getting up stupid early and making his breakfast and lunch, and getting to bed at a reasonable hour in the evening.

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    going in for top surgery next week

I'm mad at myself for not being reflective about this because it seems like it's something significant that's worth observing with solemnity/celebration instead of no thought at all

probably this weekend I should sit down and write a contemplative essay about it

I guess I'm also never really going to get the photos I wanted of me before the surgery, since I am not good at selfies and husband doesn't want to talk about it and has never wanted to take photos of me (we legit fight about this sometimes: he doesn't like being photographed and is just sort of uncomfortable with it all; I love having nice photos of myself and wish someone would take the time to try a bunch of photos so I actually looked good in one or two of them. To me, photographing him is a way of expressing my affection and admiration for his looks, so when he completely won't reciprocate, I feel irrationally slighted).

idk

complex feelings (o no wait it's me so actually pretty much just anger that I let out really unproductively last night, whoops)

I'm going to obsess about roleplaying games instead I think

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeah, I feel the same way as your husband about photos of myself (I'd divorce Mori if he kept trying to take photos of me) BUT if I knew my partner wanted photos, I'd take them, because that'd be the right and nice thing to do for them. I hope your husband can get over himself and take photos of you before your surgery! And I hope your surgery goes well!

@credeiki I've found a good method is to get sticky tack stuff and put your phone on a mirror or something and set the photo timer to like 5-10 seconds

Pose, shoot, eventually you will like one!

Best of luck on surgery!!

<3<3<3<3

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I wasn't contemplative or particularly celebrative over my GRS.
    I can't really say I gave it more thought than I did the surgery to fix my underbite. It was just like, a thing to do.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    actually i do not need to be this personally disclosive on the internet all the time
    everything should be fine and I will see if I can take selfies in my small dark studio apartment

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

Eventually once it gets long enough gravity will take over.

For whatever reason gravity has no interest in my hair until it's much of the way down my back. Like so much of me, it's not what I wanted but it's what I've got.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Just be blatant when you flirt

for example

HEY @Usagi YOU HOT

@Dubh

GASP

<3

Oooooooooooooooo

ceres wrote: »
    blah blah blah tweets

How's everyone's day going?

Eventually once it gets long enough gravity will take over.

For whatever reason gravity has no interest in my hair until it's much of the way down my back. Like so much of me, it's not what I wanted but it's what I've got.

Yeah, it is very... Unpredictable. Like this is the most managed it's been in a while, especially with nothing in it.

Hair is weird. Bodies are weird.

No, not that. For bringing this whole fucking mess up.

I’m still so burned after two relationships that had their roots here on the forums, Gatsby and someone else (I’m sorry. I know you’re angry with me for mentioning it. I can’t pretend it didn’t happen. It fucked us both up.) and I really, really didn’t want to bring forum shipping up and crushes and everything. I didn’t want this. Fuck.

My advice would be to keep this off the forums if possible and certainly to not @ Gatsby when talking about it. If I were them, that would make me very uncomfortable. You're certainly not the only person that this has come up with, but it isn't fair to either party or the community at large to bring up relationship grievances on here

• mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular

Gotta say the hair looks good in that pic. It's got a very 40s businesswoman look to it - all swept back but you can still see the natural waves. It goes exceptionally well with that gorgeous neck adornment you have going on there.

I'm sorry...somewhere between now and a few days ago when I last post I appear to have lost the ability to cogitate in an ordered and rational way :rotate:

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    erin <3

why, my day is going fine! I got dressed up to work from home. :rotate:
    8874bf0iyq34.jpg

Cromarty on
    Cromarty wrote: »
    erin <3

why, my day is going fine! I got dressed up to work from home. :rotate:
    8874bf0iyq34.jpg

You're doing better than I would have! It'd be pajamas all day for me if that were the case.

Also yay I got a heart! What'd I do
    mori1972 wrote: »

Gotta say the hair looks good in that pic. It's got a very 40s businesswoman look to it - all swept back but you can still see the natural waves. It goes exceptionally well with that gorgeous neck adornment you have going on there.

I'm sorry...somewhere between now and a few days ago when I last post I appear to have lost the ability to cogitate in an ordered and rational way :rotate:

I'll take it! :p
    I'm glad some folks like the waves because they're here to stay haha

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I feel like farts today. Finished my round of interviews so I get to not wear a suit for a few days though, thank fuck.

BUT tomorrow I am going to the opera and getting a special makeover for the occasion so I shall post a selfie, mark your calendars and such!

edited February 2018
    Sorry you're farty, Rainfall.

I want you to know you're cool as hell and having to dress in suits and stuff you may hate doesn't dull your shine. Keep kicking ass and doing cool hair stuff I can't pull off :p

Erin The Red on
    Doing my physical for the first time in 2 years. Looking forward to checking out my stats! I wonder if I have enough CON to get that sweet Feat I’ve been eyeing!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    Doing my physical for the first time in 2 years. Looking forward to checking out my stats! I wonder if I have enough CON to get that sweet Feat I’ve been eyeing!

When all else fails, roll bluff

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    im considering a move to ann arbors queer community, i got a pal i know there whos in college, and some artists i wanna work with. shits looking slightly better, with the books release coming up im looking at where to go that makes sense. its weird being able to fantasize about something better? paying debts, dentist visits, really sick, indulgent shit

This discussion has been closed.