As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    We can't not shoot and can I even pick up on a retreat like that?

This seems like we'd both lose ships for very limited gain

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Why can’t we not shoot?

And I don’t see anything that says you can’t pick up a troop like that.

You can pick up troops up to your capacity as you enter systems that have them, and you have to pick them up before you retreat if you want to take them with you (e.g., if I had troops on Sakulag to evacuate, I’d need to pick them up and have them in space - up to capacity - before my ships left).

And if you wanted to invade Sakulag with that troop, you’d need to pick it up as part of your tactical move, which means it would be in space at the end of your movement, with your ships.

Elvenshae on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Two ship's owned by opposing players in the same system enter combat.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Huh. Looks like you "must" go to space combat, and must roll all available dice - this is different from PDS fire, which specifically says "may."

Hrm.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Activity log

Arborec plays politics
    Creuss plays secondary
    Winnu plays secondary

Letnev activates home system. Builds flagship, 4 fighters. Exhaust arc prime, wren terra, starpoint

Jol-nar plays Warfare. Home system token returned to tactics.
    Arborec plays secondary. Exhaust Nestphar to build two cruisers
    L1z1x plays secondary. exhausting [0.0.0] (5R), Bereg (5R), Saudor (2R), Tar'mann (1R) build Flagship , 1 Dreadnought, and 4 Fighters

Winnu plays technology. Exaust Lodor and Zhobat and Research Team: Propulsion , to take Graviton laser system and Lazax gate folding.
    Jol-nar secondary. Exhaust Nar for 2R and pay 4TG. Research Magan Defense Grid and Transit Diodes
    Arborec Exhaust Gral, Corneeq, Oucen'n, and pay 1 trade good. Research Cruiser II.
    Letnev exhaust Vefut II, New Albion, and Mekar Xull for Dreadnought II

L1z1x plays Imperial. +1 VP. Spend 5 TG for Trade Routes objective. +1 VP
    Jol-Nar plays secondary.
    Winnu plays secondary.
    Letnev plays secondary.

Creuss gives 2 commodities to L1z1x
    L1z1x gives 1 TG to Letnev
    L1z1x: 1 TG --> Creuss

Creuss plays Leadership. +2 tactics, + 1 strategy
    Arborec exhaust centauri and rarron for +1 S +1 T
    Jol-nar exhaust Arinam and Meer. +1 S +1 T
    L1z1x exhaust Dal Bootha, Lirta IV, Xxehan for +1 T +1 S
    Winnu exhausts Winnu, Tor'kan, Mellon for +2 T +1 S

Arborec activates Centauri/Gral system. Move Carrier + 3 fighters from Corneeo/Resculon to Centauri/Gral.
    Use Arborec's Infantry Production to produce two more infantry, one on Centauri and one on Gral

Letnev plays Trade. +6 TG
    Winnu, Creuss, Jol-Nar, Arborec free refresh
    Letnev 2 C to Winnu, Winnu gives 3 C back. 1 TG to Winnu.
    Jol-nar cashes in Arborec trade agreement.

Jol-Nar exhaust transit diodes, move the 2 infantry from Wellon to put one on Jol and one on Fria
    Activate Wellon. Build one cruiser and four infantry. Pay 3TG

Winnu Activate Mellon Zhobat.Move in carrier from Winnu. Exaust Teq'ran and Tibah, to build a Cruiser and 4 fighters.

L1z1x plays "Spy". Winnu plays "sabotage"
    L1z1x passes

MrBody on
    edited February 2018
    Round 6 - Action Phase

Map
    PGDHf00m.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    Public
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP Creuss
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev Winnu L1z1x
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar Arborec L1z1x
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP Jol-Nar
    II- Form Galactic Brain Trust- Control 5 planets with technology specialties. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Secret
    Letnev Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Unveil Flagship- Win a battle with your flagship present. 1 VP
    L1z1x - Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Arborec Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP

Other
    Creuss- Imperial Rider 1 VP, Custodians 1 VP, Letnev Support from the throne 1 VP
    Letnev- Imperial strategy 1 VP
    Arborec- Imperial strategy 1 VP, Crown of Emphidia 1 VP, Winnu Support for the Throne 1 VP
    Winnu- Arborec Support for the throne 1VP
    L1z1x- Imperial strategy 1 VP

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 5
    Elvenshae - 5
    Mojo - 5
    Hedgethorn - 5
    Brody - 5
    Preda - 4
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Laws
    (exhausted) Research Team: Propulsion (Thibah)
    When the owner of this planet researches technology, they may exhaust this card to ignore 1 blue prerequisite.

Deep Core Mining (Bereg)
    +2 resources on this planet

(Sakulag)
    +1 resources +1 influence

Minister of Commerce (Letnev)
    After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.

The Crown of Emphidia (Arborec)
    The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point.
    A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.

Player mats

MrBlarney
    6 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    1 claimed- Secrets of the Cosmos Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly. 1 VP.
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    3fLSD11.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    eLYGlOy.png

Mojo
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    7RJa14w.png

Hedgethorn
    6 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    (1 claimed) Become the gatekeeper - Have at least 1 ship in a system containing an alpha wormhole and at least 1 ship in a system containing a beta wormhole. 1 VP
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    HidPMfE.png

Brody
    2 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective- Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    Minister of Commerce- After the owner of this card replenishes commodities, he gains 1 trade good for each player who is his neighbor.
    HIjvaik.png

Preda **Speaker**
    5 action cards
    1 secret objectives
    2 claimed- Gather a Mighty Fleet - Have 5 dreadnoughts on the board. 1 VP
    Unveil Flagship- Win a battle with your flagship present. 1 VP
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    gtkzp5m.png

Elvenshae Leadership 1
    Hedgethorn Politics 3
    Brody Trade 5
    Mojo Warfare 6
    Preda Technology 7
    MrBlarney Imperial 8 PASSED

@Elvenshae

MrBody on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @MrBody Jol-Nar shouldn't have my trade agreement any more.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I love that my race board is now bigger to fit all my technology

@Mojo_Jojo

So, we can't trade ceasefires, since we've already handed ours out. I'm willing to help you with your plant problem, as stated. So how about a gentleman's agreement that you'll not further reinforce the Lazar / Sakulag system, I'll clean out the remaining infantry there at a later date and, once I do, I'll pay a blood price for it if it fails to regenerate. The planet itself is, let's face it, marginal, and provides almost no direct benefit to you - but I'll toss in a trade good when I take it to soften the blow.

You may then feel free to focus on other things without worrying about me stabbing you in the back - as any might note, I have kept all of my agreements.

@Elvenshae Sure. That seems reasonable

Do you also want to do the 2 for 2 commodity trade?

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Elvenshae Sure. That seems reasonable

Do you also want to do the 2 for 2 commodity trade?

@Mojo_Jojo

Sure! I'll even do 4-for-4 if you still have them.

Nope, only got the two that aren't already promised

2-for-2 it is.

Give 2 commodities to Jol-Nar in exchange for 2 commodities.

Then, if that goes through ...

Pass

Accept Creuss's transaction

@hedgethorn's action

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Play Plague on Vefut III. Action: Choose a planet controlled by another player. Roll a die for each infantry on that planet, destroying each on a 6 or greater.

@Brody @Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae @MrBlarney @Preda for possible Sabotage.

No sabotage

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    No sabotage play.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No sabotage.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No Sabotage.

No Sabotage

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited February 2018
    That's all no sabotage for the card.

geth roll 3d10

2 infantry die on Vefut II

3d10 20 [3d10=10, 8, 2]

MrBody on

@MrBody Shouldn't it be my action?

edited February 2018
    Oh, right :p

Saw a copy of TI4 at a local store. They wanted $150 and it had a sticker on it saying it comes with a hardcover rule book.

And they JUST came out with a 4th edition module for Tabletop Simulator. That would have been an incredible time saver 5 months ago :(

MrBody on
    I've still not seen a copy in the flesh but the going rate seems to be ~£150. It's a healthy price point that prevents me impulse upgrading.

Right then to my action:
    Pass

@Preda your action

I'm pretty sure my turn follows Hedgethorns, and I also Pass

Oops. Sorry about that.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Priced it at a convention recently, and TI4 was going for $210 AUD.
    TI3 was still sitting at $105

Pass.

@Hedgethorn should be last still in play.

Seems like I should use these action cards now or they'll never get used at all.

Play Cripple Defenses: Action- Choose 1 planet. Destroy each PDS on that planet.

Destroy PDS on Starpoint.

@Brody @Mojo_Jojo @Preda @Elvenshae @MrBlarney for Sabotage.

No sabotage

Okay maybe Hedgethorn isn't going into Metacol Rex next round after all :)

You will regret this, Hedgethorn.

No Sabotage

No sabotage.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    No Sabotage play.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Brody wrote: »
    You will regret this, Hedgethorn.

Undoubtedly.

No Sabotage.

edited February 2018
    Activate Vefut III.
    Move two Cruisers from Nestphar to Vefut III, picking up one infantry and one fighter from Centuari.
    Move one Cruiser from Quann to Vefut III, picking up one infantry from Centauri.

Illegal movements struck out. Corrected orders:
    Move two Cruisers from Nestphar to Vefut III, picking up two infantry from Resculon and Corneeq along the way.
    Move one Cruiser and fighter from Resculon to Vefut III.

@Brody for a PDS roll from New Albion.

Hedgethorn on
    Geth roll 1d10t6

1d10t6 0 [1d10t6=4]