As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LGBTQIAU]: Bigger than bigots. Everyone in this thread is gorgeous and amazing FYI

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    mori1972 wrote: »
    Well I did my dabbling in recording my voice a while back. Don't think I'll be repeating that in a hurry.

Hearing your own voice on a recording still sounds super weird!

It always does!

but your voice is awesome!

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I don't remember why I ended up with it but I have a very large cock and balls

I see.

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    As someone who has worked in various call centres at varying capacities, I've been told my voice is everything from "soothing, relaxing, and sensuous" to "pleasant to listen to, with an authoritative but calming demeanor".

The first one was a drunk guy in Halifax, NS who hit on all the agents though, regardless of gender, and he was a creep who would talk about wanting to invite us back to his hot tub that he mentioned in every conversation, even though what we were discussing had no reason to talk about his personal life at all. We almost blacklisted his number after the 3rd time he made an agent uncomfortable.

Can confirm, you have a very pleasing voice. A+, would gladly hear again!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus you can hear my voice for free in my YouTube videos, but it will mainly be talking about this one card game that practically no one plays, and a couple of unfinished Let's Plays.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus you can hear my voice for free in my YouTube videos, but it will mainly be talking about this one card game that practically no one plays, and a couple of unfinished Let's Plays.

*Rushes off to observe*

• mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Still going strong on the Yomi then? :smile:

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon

Since last we spoke, I've actually got a bunch of 1st place finishes to my name! Including an undefeated 15-0 run of the International Yomi League, Season 5! *buffs fingernails on shirt* I guess you could say I'm a pretty big deal nowadays.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think overall I am fine with my voice, but I do not like to hear myself talk.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

OMG. IT'S ALL HE TALKS ABOUT EVERY TIME WE HANG OUT.

Actually, that's a bold-faced lie. He totally plays other games and is willing to introduce people to other deckbuilders. @mysticjuicer is a pleasant fellow and he's good people.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

I am 50% "talking about card games" by volume, it's true.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

I hate my own voice, I think it sounds terrible. But once I realised that everybody else hears it all the time and is probably used to it, I accepted it more.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    For my cousin's bachelor party, we canoed down the same river he proposed on.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

I hate my own voice, I think it sounds terrible. But once I realised that everybody else hears it all the time and is probably used to it, I accepted it more.

I don't mind my voice unless people tell me I sound like my mother, and then I run for the hills.
    Not that she had a bad voice or anything, it's just a weird idea.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Made a voice. I didn't listen to it because I can't listen to my voice. Ugh.

When you're prepubescent, and the teacher in your 4th grade class wants you to interview a member of your family for a silly assignment, and they let you borrow a tape recorder (does anyone even remember what these are?) and the first time you play your interview back, you hear your voice and you're all "MOOOOM! Why do I sound weird?!"

Since last we spoke, I've actually got a bunch of 1st place finishes to my name! Including an undefeated 15-0 run of the International Yomi League, Season 5! *buffs fingernails on shirt* I guess you could say I'm a pretty big deal nowadays.

That's really good going for 2 years :+1:

I assume anyway - I know precisely 'fuck' and 'all' about that sort of thing, but it sounds like good progress to me.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The last bachelorette party I attended we drank from noon to 2 a.m.

It was a wild, chaotic blast.

To expand on this:

We first went to a wine tasting, then a bar and finally went back home for pizza & more drinking. But during all of this there was a scavenger hunt, and my partner was adamant on winning it.

So her & I went around town, stealing & cheating so she would win it.

I crushed really, really hard on that girl afterward.

That sounds rad and also sooo damn cute and correct.

Meeting her was just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juyekGkCyCM

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

It might not mean much, because I know I don't really listen to these comments when they're made to me.

But you have a v. good voice.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

I kind of wish I had played Yomi more. I tried it out for a little bit but then some Things happened and I never really stuck with it. I think I mostly used Miles Edgeworth And His Ghost Pal.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    If you what to know what my voice sounds like, just look up those hopping cave enemies from the first Turok game

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited February 2018
    Psykoma wrote: »

It might not mean much, because I know I don't really listen to these comments when they're made to me.

But you have a v. good voice.

Well I love compliments, so I'll take it. I just honestly cannot listen to my own voice, it sounds weird and bad to me no matter what. So thank you!

Rainfall on
    I have a couple of videos up of my Final Fantasy Record Keeper pulls (and some cat videos) under my youtube sig, which is the same as my gamer sig.

I may sound super-quiet though, because my hubby was in the room and I was self-conscious.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I'm pretty proud of the bachelor party I threw for my best friend. He doesn't drink or do the stripper thing, so I went for amping up the nerd like how. We started with a Medieval Nerf Weapon Tournament, in which people put up actual cash and did duels with their choice of weaponry (we had nerf swords, axes, a shield, etc). I played judge and put in the money for the groom.

Then we went to a WWI-themed outdoor paintball grounds I'd rented (it was a Sunday where they're typically closed, so it was really cheap). I had a bunch of water guns and bottles stashed there, and we did a pair of war games with water guns (he loves paintball, and this seemed like a really goofy way to spin that).

Apparently he really loved it; his wife told me later that he talked glowingly about it for hours afterward. Probably the best social success I've had outside of my partner.

He threw me one, too (I wasn't out to him quite yet, but I didn't mind as it avoided anything in the way of gendered themes). We did dinner, then hit up this awesome local place that's a bowling alley with a bar, ticket-prize arcade, and laser tag arena. So I got drunk and played laser tag a bunch, which is an absolutely fantastic combo let me tell you. Then we went bar crawling (cause I do the alcohols), which ended with a drag show (this was unplanned but a pretty happy accident).

I did have my one and only alcohol puke in the parking lot afterward. But since my stomach loses it far earlier than my head, I had my wits about me and was able to be relatively clean and use the curb drainage thing on the road. No mess! The drive home was a pretty rough half hour, though.

It was totally rad apart from that bit.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    All love notes in this thread are now about burritos.

Nullzone wrote: »
    All love notes in this thread are now about burritos.

I do love burritos.

@Rainfall and @El Fantastico you both have really good speaking voices

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Eeeee yess now I can pair your voice with your posts. This is good and hooray for shirt!

Wyvern wrote: »

I kind of wish I had played Yomi more. I tried it out for a little bit but then some Things happened and I never really stuck with it. I think I mostly used Miles Edgeworth And His Ghost Pal.

The tournament scene is still going strong, so it’s not too late to learn! We’ve got a pretty consistent group of newer players, so it’s not all sharks either.

DeGrey has actually dipped significantly in popularity recently, so now would be a great time to make a name for yourself. :) Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll send you the forum link where all the events get planned/scheduled, etc. It’s a pretty friendly bunch!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Voices are weird and I've kinda just decided that mine is gonna be what it is out of laziness and spite.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    My voice is uh

It's not overly masculine which is good but it's not quite feminine either, it's just weird

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Voices are weird and I've kinda just decided that mine is gonna be what it is out of laziness and spite.

If it helps I've been listening to a bunch of your podcastings and I think your voice is a p. good one!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    My voice is my passport, verify me

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    N O M O R E S E C R E T S

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

If it helps I've been listening to a bunch of your podcastings and I think your voice is a p. good one!

Aw well thank you!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    If you what to know what my voice sounds like, just look up those hopping cave enemies from the first Turok game

My voice is basically what a Cliff Racer sounds like.

SCREE

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

The tournament scene is still going strong, so it’s not too late to learn! We’ve got a pretty consistent group of newer players, so it’s not all sharks either.

DeGrey has actually dipped significantly in popularity recently, so now would be a great time to make a name for yourself. :) Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll send you the forum link where all the events get planned/scheduled, etc. It’s a pretty friendly bunch!
    Oh, I was never planning on actually getting GOOD or anything. I just messed around with the digital version a bit.

I think the only reason I've really thought of it recently is that a friend showed me an unrelated game called Battle Con recently and I got my ass kicked SUPER hard and kept thinking how, as card games that simulate fighting games go, I'd have rather been playing Yomi. Better grasp of the possibility space.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Had to rush to dinner but here's at least one of the promised selfies.

Holy shit I look insanely good I gotta do this on the regular.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    @Rainfall and @El Fantastico you both have really good speaking voices

Agreed, and so you do!

Y'all are pretty pleasant to listen to.

Though the mic EF uses is kinda cruddy and doesn't do it justice.

I have a blue snowball that I use for pretty much everything these days, and it's pretty great. I plan to upgrade to a blue yeti later this year, though.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Look guys I gotta come clean I am a huge narcissist and I can't deal with it because I look so good tonight.

g0jpm2hr5a6a.jpg

Oh also I got my fingerprint thing back in the mail so NAME CHANGE IS GOING IN TOMORROW!!!

This discussion has been closed.