As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] hugs

CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJzM6MqveaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQDTN0wtLyk
A hug is a form of physical intimacy, universal in human communities, in which two or more people put their arms around the neck, back, or waist of one another and hold each other closely. If more than two persons are involved, it is referred to as a group hug.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I, also, enjoy hugs.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    devilman crybaby - so wholesome, a great story of friendship and hugging

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Yes, I too enjoy the chemical reaction caused by human proximity.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So was Atari basically a one-hit wonder with consoles?

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    I think Atari made some decent games as a second-party developer?

I feel like they were involved with the middle UT games?

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

The Atari 2600 outlasted all of its official successors so yes.

I am not counting whatever consoles produced by companies wearing the Atari name like a skin mask.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The Atari Jaguar was the true king of consoles

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I approve of this [chat] and its wholesome, positive theme.

And I will embrace (ha!) its message and get my hug game on with this lady in my proximity.

And then we will figure out lunch or whatever a meal at 4pm is called, because it is time for an Olympics break and time to attend to our biological needs instead.

Back later probably, [chat] <3

*hugs for everyone!*

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I might could go for a hug

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    You think those children mostly didn't gobble up the game like how most children played tons of godawful games when they were tiny?

Clearly they didn't.
    evfsatuvbwcc.jpg

It doesn't help that Atari printed a ridiculous quantity of copies of ET. Per Wikipedia:
    The game eventually sold 1.5 million units, becoming one of the best-selling Atari 2600 titles.[21][27] However, between 2.5 and 3.5 million cartridges went unsold,[9][27][28]

For comparison's sake, Pac-Man sold 7m across the lifetime of the Atari 2600 and Pitfall sold 4m.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I wanted an Atari Jaguar sooooo bad when I was a kid. The original AvP looked like the coolest game ever (this was before I fully realized I'm the scarediest of cats)

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    In non-joke terms, hugs are kinda weird to me. I always wondered why I felt that way, but when I think back on my childhood, I can't remember being hugged by my parents. So maybe that's why?

Maybe I'm just weird.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Atari did invent the pause button.

Of course it was on one of the worst controllers in history.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Consoles, yeah.

They had a brisk arcade business, though.

Asteroids, Centipede, Star Wars, Pong, Breakout, Tempest, and a ton more.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

So many bad controllers.

701px-Atari-5200-Controller.jpg
    640px-Atari-7800-Console-Set.jpg

https://youtu.be/AknyR-kRvLc?t=7m11s

The colecovision/intellivision/5200 style of controllers were so weird.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

So many bad controllers.

701px-Atari-5200-Controller.jpg
    640px-Atari-7800-Console-Set.jpg

The 7800 one (lower pic in your post) is ok. The 5200 was just trash though. And the original 2600 controller was just terrible. The 2600 paddles were great though.

If you have any atari system its worth getting a few 7800 controllers as they are compatible with all of them and are the most usable of the lot.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

I wanted an Atari Jaguar sooooo bad when I was a kid. The original AvP looked like the coolest game ever (this was before I fully realized I'm the scarediest of cats)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP649WlJToA

SEGA Genesis wishes it could be this 90s edgy.

Feral wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    You think those children mostly didn't gobble up the game like how most children played tons of godawful games when they were tiny?

Clearly they didn't.
    evfsatuvbwcc.jpg

It doesn't help that Atari printed a ridiculous quantity of copies of ET. Per Wikipedia:
    The game eventually sold 1.5 million units, becoming one of the best-selling Atari 2600 titles.[21][27] However, between 2.5 and 3.5 million cartridges went unsold,[9][27][28]

For comparison's sake, Pac-Man sold 7m across the lifetime of the Atari 2600 and Pitfall sold 4m.

E.T. sold 1.5 million copies in 1982, sure.
    But there were 1.4 million returns on December 26 that year.

Isn't Tempest 2000 the onbly good Jaguar game?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

It was 64 bits! I wasn't even sure what that meant as a kid but it was so much more than 16 bits!

It was 64 bits! I wasn't even sure what that meant as a kid but it was so much more than 16 bits!

It was three times the bits!!!!!

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    In tge past 8 years ( the drought ) I have hugged 2 people. Both coworkers and jokingly.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Found a nice apartment... with leaded glass on parts of the kitchen. Not sure how big a risk that is. Boooo.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    DVsmNJBX4AE0IRr.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Ha.
    MocuCAC.jpg

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Top 5 worst Shauns in Games

51TnqKZccEL.jpg

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    New Vegas really was an amazing game.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Fallout 4's story was so bad.

It's a shame because I actually liked the Minecrafty post game.

I'd repurchase it for PC and mod the crap out of it but I really don't want to slog through the story.

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    I did a minimum int play through of New Vegas once, when smart talking Legion leader person started talking I punched him in the face.

Feral wrote: »
    Fallout 4's story was so bad.

It's a shame because I actually liked the Minecrafty post game.

I'd repurchase it for PC and mod the crap out of it but I really don't want to slog through the story.

I've said it here before but the side quests in Fallout 4 were better/more memorable than the main quest and that's just wrong.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Korean streamer realizes her outfit looks familliar

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineDelightfulRadicchioPRChase

Seal wrote: »
    I did a minimum int play through of New Vegas once, when smart talking Legion leader person started talking I punched him in the face.

Icecream!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It would be horrible if our solar system knowledge was a lie.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I feel horribly garbage-like right now. I don’t know what made me sick but I hate it.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I think I might get an Imos pizza.

Oh, St. Louie.

Krathoon on
This discussion has been closed.