As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommendations for PS4 online (co-op?) multiplayer games

RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
I'm looking for some PS4 game recommendations that a bunch of friends can play together online -- something that AT LEAST FOUR people can play (if it supports even more than four, great!). We range in age from 28 - 48. The genre isn't that important, but we all like fantasy (no sports). Something that we can all hop on, and either blow stuff up, or complete quests together, etc. Open to persistent/non-persistent worlds. I think co-op would be better for us than versus, but open to suggestions. And voice chat is preferred.

Sorry for all the details, but do any existing OR upcoming titles jump out as something we should look into?

Thanks!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Borderlands 2 and the Presequel, Diablo 3, Gauntlet Slayer Edition, Monster Hunter World. I can keep going but without knowing what kind of games you mean it is hard to say. Here, look at this website and see what jumps out at you.

http://www.co-optimus.com/index.php

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Borderlands 2 hits me as one of the most rambunctiously fun, drop in drop out, play for 80+ hours games.

Monster Hunter World for serious business playing a harder game together and something that's relatively recent.

7 Days to Die if you want something you can sink a bunch of hours into that feels like Minecraft but more serious.

Rocketleague for lighthearted competitive fun where 4 of you can play against others.

Player Unknown Battlegrounds for 4 of you playing serious business pvp against others.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Some good sounding games there and that co-optimus site is really great.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Planetside 2 is pretty fun if you like to work as a team against others.

It's about blowing shit up (or taking it from those other factions) and it has scalability. If you want to have fun as a 4 man team? Great, there is stuff to do. If you want to have fun as a 24 man team? Form a platoon and roll out.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Absurdity MatrixAbsurdity Matrix Tumbledown Glory On the OutskirtsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Co-Optimus is a nice resource for this stuff.

For my 2 cents:
    • Dying Light supports 4 player co-op, except for the intro and the final mission. There's a nice cycle of: sneaking/running in fear, "Oh, they're not so tough anymore.", "Oh, no. Oh, no, my hubris.", repeat. Plus, I will never not find jump-kicking enemies off rooftops hilarious.
    • GTA Online has a number of game modes that require or expect 4+ players. Granted, a lot of them are in the solidly "eh, okay" category, but, with enough friends, you'll never have to rely on randoms for heists or game modes that aren't double $/RP this week.

Absurdity Matrix on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Warframe is fun and is also F2P.

PUBG is not available on PS4, but Fortnite Battle Royale is and is also F2P.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options