As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Stellaris] Utopia and the new social order of my fanatical purifiers!

19495969798100»

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    My inward perfection game has been a no-combat playthrough for 140 years.

I just have a fleet so goddamned large that nobody dares invade me.

Also every planet has ~20 armies of psi-warriors.

just build 7000 habitats and win that way

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Does building habitats actually count towards your percentage for victory?

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Does building habitats actually count towards your percentage for victory?

It does

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Just hang out until a crisis happens or a war in heaven begins so you can have some fun times

then go get your victory condition of choice/availability

• EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Just hang out until a crisis happens or a war in heaven begins so you can have some fun times

then go get your victory condition of choice/availability

That's pretty much what I'm doing.

I saved when I got the ascension perk that would cut me off from the other means of ascension, the three being synths/psionics/genetics and went with psionics.

So now I'm just cranking out habitats in my most built-up core systems, then colonising less-habitable worlds and then modifying the pops' climate preference once they land there, so they can continue to expand to similar worlds more easily, then give them entire sectors of that species template.

My borders are swelling out of control as a result, and has in a few instances even crossed habitable worlds from my neighbours' territories, which I prompty absorbed into the sector along the frontier. The aliens are super unhappy about that, but I just nod to my doom fleet and dare them to give me an excuse.

I can't actually initiate any hostilities, but I'll sure as hell end them, and make them my tributary to add insult to injury.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

My inward perfection game just ended. Two jerkoffs decided to ally and attack me from opposite sides of my empire, each with a fleet that was independently as large as mine. Alien dickwads.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-104-cherryh-feature-roundup.1068825/
    Hello and welcome to another Stellaris development diary! Today we will take a look at some of the minor features and changes in the coming 2.0 'Cherryh' update.

Quality of Life
    We have added small icons to the outliner that lets you see if planets have buildings that can be upgraded, or if there are Pops that do not have a building they are working. Similarly, you will be able to see when a starbase has an empty module or building slot.

This should make it a lot easier for you to manage your planets and starbases.

upload_2018-2-8_11-27-38.png

In the fleet view it is now also possible to see which designs can be upgraded.

upload_2018-2-8_12-37-21.png

Hallowed Planets
    Spiritualist empires will be able to designate an uncolonized Gaia World within their borders as a 'Holy World'. The Holy World will increase your empire's unity production as long as it remains uncolonized and within your borders.

In addition to being able to make uncolonized Gaia Worlds useful, Hallowed Planets will also make spiritualist factions happy.

upload_2018-2-8_13-1-53.png

War Doctrines
    In addition to other changes to traditions, finishing the Supremacy traditions now allows you to set a War Doctrine for your empire. War Doctrines give you additional customization and specialization regarding how you utilize your fleets.

upload_2018-2-8_13-7-49.png

There are four different war doctrines with different strengths and weaknesses:
    Defense in Depth: Defensive empires will have a bonus to their ship fire rate within their own borders
    Hit and Run: This doctrine will increase the likelyhood of your ships making an emergency FTL in combat, and also reduce damage caused by emergency FTL
    Rapid Deployment: Empires that choose to rely on quickly being able to respond to threats may choose this doctrine which increases sublight speed and ship weapon range
    No retreat: Militarists and Gestalt Consciousness empires can choose to employ a doctrine of no retreat, increasing ship fire rate but removing the ability for individual ships to emergency FTL out of combat instead of being destroyed.

upload_2018-2-8_13-10-58.png

Psionic Awakening (Utopia)
    Should you be playing a Psionic empire, introduced with Utopia, it will now be possible to help lesser species awaken their psionic potential. This works similar to Assimilation, where you can give another species the benefits of your chosen ascension path.

upload_2018-2-8_13-46-13.png

That's all for this week! Next week you will be able to read the full patch notes for the 2.0 'Cherryh' update!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Man the ST New Horizons mod is pretty great. It doesn't have quite the flavor of ST Armada 3 but it still is really fun. I'll enjoy playing through this till the expansion hits.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Man the ST New Horizons mod is pretty great. It doesn't have quite the flavor of ST Armada 3 but it still is really fun. I'll enjoy playing through this till the expansion hits.

Yeah I've been hitting that pretty hard lately. They've put a LOT of time into that, making it stupid fun.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Found the Izar system, which is a Star Trek: TOS deep cut last night, and promptly had a large fleet-shattering battle in it as is called for.

Also, I think we're due for a new thread?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    My One Planet Challenge game ended in tears last night. The awakened empire had made satellites of two of the bigger empires already, so I quickly fought a bunch of wars to vassalize the rest of the galaxy to get fleet capacity for the coming showdown. I also colonized the last Fallen Empire's holy worlds to goad them into a war and then annexed them.

The awakened empire declared war on the last independent empire and I had my federation declare on them in response. I had ~150k in my fleet but they showed up with 3 x 110k fleets. Even with the Galactic Contender perk, I couldn't take them down. I found out afterwards that there are specific fleet builds people have to use to cheese out victories against FEs. I retreated and built my fleet back up to 80k, but they came to my home system with a 400k doom stack and just wrecked me.

I had a Science Nexus, a Dyson Sphere and a habitat by the end, so that part was fun. I'll probably wait for the patch before the next game.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Smurph wrote: »
    My One Planet Challenge game ended in tears last night. The awakened empire had made satellites of two of the bigger empires already, so I quickly fought a bunch of wars to vassalize the rest of the galaxy to get fleet capacity for the coming showdown. I also colonized the last Fallen Empire's holy worlds to goad them into a war and then annexed them.

The awakened empire declared war on the last independent empire and I had my federation declare on them in response. I had ~150k in my fleet but they showed up with 3 x 110k fleets. Even with the Galactic Contender perk, I couldn't take them down. I found out afterwards that there are specific fleet builds people have to use to cheese out victories against FEs. I retreated and built my fleet back up to 80k, but they came to my home system with a 400k doom stack and just wrecked me.

I had a Science Nexus, a Dyson Sphere and a habitat by the end, so that part was fun. I'll probably wait for the patch before the next game.

Sifting through the text files I'm plotting out a script to suck up all the variables, but I'm putting that off for 2.0 because theres going to be a spate of new shit.

So instead, to tide myself over, I think I'm going to do the 1 planet challenge, with the protectorate slingshot, as a machine empire, and tweak the requirements for mega structures to allow for tier locked stages and parallel building.

Anyone have any thoughts on how they ought to be tech-gated? Like maybe the framework requires deepspace tech, or the nexus tiers are linked to research lab tiers (like full stage requires l4 all)?

It looks like you can just put in whatever tech you like as a requirement, shouldn't require too much braining on my part.

(And if I fuck something up it should all get patched over next week!)

ArbitraryDescriptor on