As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dogRegistered User regular
edited May 2018 in Games and Technology
8ywvbmmeoa6y.jpgX10Ws2JNPcrfbWH0RmKZ1E_kks9UmSUPwum6dZFVdI1iAQiF1vM5FVykuWrzlEoXhzk=w300

Welcome to Fire Emblem Heroes!

Fire Emblem Heroes, or FE:H for short, is a free-to-play (F2P) mobile version of Fire Emblem for your Android or Apple devices. It pulls characters from every single FE game, along with some new characters exclusive to this game.
The game is basically a small, bite-sized Fire Emblem game on your mobile device. Player teams consist of only 4 units and battles take place on 8x6 grids. Battles are very fast paced, yet still require careful planning and strategy. If you enjoyed games liek Fire Emblem Awakening or Fire Emblem Fates, you'll be right at home here. And if you're just discovering Fire Emblem for the first time, you'll have a great time! Check out all the helpful info below to get started.

NOTE: Since various Fire Emblem Wikis are far-better maintained than this OP can be, I will be linking to many sites that have current information. The below is a basic guide, but the links throughout are much more comprehensive if you really want to dive deep into the mechanics of FE:H. Credit to the Fire Emblem Heroes wiki on Gamepedia!!

Disclaimer: You may or may not regret spending real money on this game. It is possible to have a great time as a F2P player, but the urge to spend money is strong. Fair warning!

Fire Emblem Heroes: Beginners Guide - Great place to start!

Previous Forum Threads
First FE:H Thread
Second FE:H Thread
Third FE:H Thread

FAQs

How much does this game cost?
It's free to download and play! You can use real money to purchase orbs, which are the main currency of Fire Emblem: Heroes. Orbs are used to summon heroes and expand your maximum hero space. You absolutely do not have to spend money on this game, but doing so definitely speeds up how quickly you can get the best heroes. Again, you don't need to...but you might have the urge for certain banners. Spend wisely, or not at all! More so than most gacha games though, Fire Emblem: Heroes is very free-to-play friendly, giving out a lot of bonus orbs and free heroes without needing to pay a dime. You can absolutely do very well without spending money as long as you keep up with quests and events to earn free resources.

What do you do in Fire Emblem: Heroes?
Win battles and build up your army! Essentially, your goal is to beat the story maps, quests, special maps, and compete in the Arena/Arena Assault against other players (controlled by AI). There's a lot to do and enjoyment can be gained simply from winning battles. Also, some people like to collect their favorite heroes or maximize their weekly Arena score. Figure out what makes sense to you. If you're here, you probably enjoy something about the game :biggrin:

What do the different colors of heroes mean?
Each color corresponds to the weapon type of the hero. FE:H employs the "Weapon Triangle" to decide advantages in battle. It's essentially like rock-paper-scissors. Red > Green > Blue > Red. And Colorless (Gray) is neutral to all colors. Each color gets a 20% bonus when attacking/defending the corresponding color they have an advantage against, and receives a 20% penalty when attacking/defending the color they are disadvantaged against. There are also certain skills and weapons that impact advantages, beyond the weapon triangle. Simply speaking...best to attack or be attacked by colors you have the advantage against, or at least no penalty!

Red: Sword, Red Tome, Red Dragon
Green: Axe, Green Tome, Green Dragon
Blue: Lance, Blue Tome, Blue Dragon
Colorless: Staff, Dagger, Bow, Colorless Dragon
Guide to FE:H Combat

What about movement type?
Each character has a specific movement type. Infantry can move 2 spaces, Armor can move 1, Cavalry can move 3, and Flying don't give a crap about forests or mountains, and can move 2 spaces like infantry. Certain weapons and skills give you advantages over certain movement types (e.g. Bows are effective against fliers, Armorslayer grants effective damage against armor, Wolf tomes are effective against calvary, etc).
Guide to Movement Mechanics

When should I summon new heroes?
There are always Summoning Banners active. When you summon, you choose which banner you'd like to summon from. Each banner has specific heroes that are "Focus" units, meaning they are more likely to appear at 5* rarity. The more you summon from a banner, the higher likelihood you'll summon a 5* rarity hero. Your focus and 5* appearance rate will increase by 0.25 and each time you attempt to summon 5 heroes and will reset once you summon a 5* hero. Essentially, this means the more you summon from a specific banner, the higher likelihood of you summoning a 5* hero. So choose the banner with Focus heroes you like and summon away!

When you summon, you are presented with 5 Summoning Stones of varying colors. Your first summon on any banner is free. After that, the first Hero you summon from a group of Summoning Stones costs 5 Orbs. After this first stone, however, consecutive Summoning Stones will cost less orbs. Summoning 5 Heroes at the same time will cost 20 Orbs, meaning that you get one more Hero than you would have if you summoned each one individually.

Occasionally banners such as Hero Fest or a Legendary Summoning Event banner will be offered with boosted 5* rates. These are great banners for new players to summon on if you are just looking for powerful heroes to get you started. This is particularly true for Hero Fest which almost always offers four extremely good heroes at a boosted 5% rate. The Legendary Summoning Event is a good value if you aren't looking for a specific hero in particular since you will have a boosted 8% chance of pulling a 5* with no chance of pulling a 5* hero not shown on the banner, but can be bad if you are trying to snipe for specific heroes due to three heroes sharing each color (these banners also offer a lot of the limited time seasonal heroes which may or may not be as good depending on the hero).

Summoning Basics and Mechanics
Current Summoning Focus Banners

How do I know if my heroes are any good?
There are some tier lists out there that can help with this: Tier List and Tier List - factoring in Skill Inheritance (i.e. the best one). Also, ask here! Players here have great knowledge about the game and are happy to help you out. Generally, the best units are 5-star rarity (referred to as 5* in the future). The more stars, the more stats the hero has. But each hero can be great with proper skill inheritance and merging, so don't be afraid to use your favorite characters.

So, sometimes the same hero is better or worse than the same hero? Sounds complicated!
Yes! And...yeah...it can be complicated. This feature can be a blessing and a curse. Each hero has a specific set of IVs (like Pokemon if you are familiar). Every character has 5 stats: HP, Attack, Speed, Defense, and Resistance. Among those stats, units can have a boosted stat (their boon) and a stat that is less than normal (their bane). So, certain heroes want certain combinations of boons and banes. A hero can also have neutral IVs, meaning they have no bane or boon. Generally, attacking heroes want Speed or Attack boons, with defensive heroes preferring Defense or Resistance. It is not always so simple though! And just because you get a -Spd Ryoma, for example, they are still usable. Getting a hero with perfect IVs is great...but not required.
Stat Variation (IVs) Guide
Handy Dandy IV Calculator
How to Calculate IVs in Fire Emblem Heroes
FEH Mass Duel Simulator
(useful for determining IVs of merged heroes - play around with Boon and Bane until your stats match)

What is this "Skill Inheritance" I keep hearing about?
Each hero has skills that are specific to them. They can learn these skills based on their rarity (3*, 4*, 5*). If you don't want to use a hero for your team, or you get duplicates, you can give their skill to another hero you will use. You can use Inherit Skill to learn up to three skills at once from a hero. There are certain restrictions that apply - e.g. only certain weapon/movement types can learn certain skills. Also, some skills are exclusive to units (e.g. any "named" weapon like Falchion, Eckesachs, Urvan, cannot be inherited to another unit).
Skill Inheritance Guide

Who should I send home for feathers and who should I keep for skill inheritance?
Eventually, you'll have too many heroes and need to figure out what to do with them. You can't use them all! Some heroes are very good for skill inheritance (e.g. Hinata for Fury 3, Lon'qu for Vantage 3, Roy for Triangle Adept 3, Shanna for Desperation 3). Some heroes aren't very useful for skill inheritance at all (e.g. Oboro, Raigh, Seliph). If you need help knowing which heroes to send home and which to keep for eventual skill inheritance, check out this helpful video:
Phoenixmaster's Skill Fodder Tier List | Google Docs Version of the Guide

Which Sacred Seals should I prioritize creating/upgrading?
There are quite a few Sacred Seals available in the game so it can be difficult to know which seals are going to be the most useful to spend your limited number of Sacred Coins on. The top priority for crafting and upgrading to tier 3 should be the Quick Riposte, Distant Defense, Close Defense, and Heavy Blade seals as these are by far the best for a large number of heroes. For more rankings, refer to this video:
Phoenixmaster's Sacred Seals Upgrade Priority List | Google Docs Version of the Guide

What is the Weapon Refinery?
After completing Book 1 Intermission: The Rite of Blades (unlocked after completing Chapter 13) you gain access to the Weapon Refinery. Here you can use Arena Medals, Refining Stones and Divine Dew to enhance many weapons in the game to make your heroes even stronger. The most common type of enhancement costs Arena Medals (earned through winning arena matches and some quests) and Refining Stones (mainly earned through quests) to add additional stats to a weapon. All generally offer additional HP, but also give a choice between additional might (weapon damage), speed, defense, or resistance. This is a great way for boosting a weak stat or improving an already high one (for example, making your high defense hero even more tanky). Some weapons can also be upgraded to an advanced form using these same two resources, such as upgrading Killing weapons to Slaying weapons, Armorslayer to Armorsmasher, Wolf tomes to Keen Wolf tomes, etc. Some weapons can also be upgraded to add additional effects, such as adding either Wrathful or Dazzling Staff skill effects to healer staves and more. Legendary weapons can also be upgraded using Arena Medals and Divine Dew (acquired by upgrading other weapons using Refining Stones). These often provide very powerful additional effects that are very much worth having if you can obtain enough Divine Dew. Similar to normal weapons, some legendary weapons can also be upgraded to more advanced forms in this same way, such as Tyrfing to Divine Tyrfing, Naga to Divine Naga, Aura to Dark Aura, etc.

How do I earn feathers, orbs, sacred coins, and badges/crystals to upgrade my heroes and summon more heroes?
Complete quests! There are daily, monthly, and special quests to complete, so pay attention to those. Also, completing maps for the first time typically yield rewards like orbs. You also should try to get the highest point totals you can each week in Arena and Arena Assault, for more rewards. Additionally, participating in special game modes like Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlets will net you a lot of feathers, orbs, etc. Essentially...do stuff in game and get rewarded! Some things, like Tempest Trials, are pretty grindy to maximize rewards.
More about Player Resources

Is there an easier way to earn items for Arena Assault? (and/or) I don't have enough good heroes to compete in Arena Assault, what should I do?
Arena Assault only picks teams based on the very first team you use. Knowing this, there is an easy strategy that will allow you to complete it very quickly and with a pretty small barracks. First, create a team with one strong 5* hero (I find Reinhardt to be a good choice, but really anything will work - just pick your best/favorite hero) and three empty slots (you can click "Undo" to blank out the other slots). Choose beginner as your difficulty and you'll be matched up with only a single hero. You can retry this until you get a beginner match with a hero that your hero can beat one-on-one. After this, all teams (as long as you continue to pick Beginner difficulty) will only have a single hero on them. Look at which hero is on the map and build special teams of color-advantage heroes to counter that one hero. Even if you don't have a lot of heroes, you can use teams of four to outnumber the hero, or rely on 4*s to pad your numbers. Complete a chain of 7 matches customizing your team to deal with the single hero in each match and you'll easily score three items, complete the daily Arena Assault quest quickly, and earn a score for a handful of feathers/coins/stones at the end of the week (not a good score, but any score is better than no score). Even the lowest rank is worth 500 feathers, 10 refining stones and 10 sacred coins.

These Grand Hero Battles, Bound Hero Battles and Special Maps are hard! Are there strategies to help me win?
Yes! Check out http://yaycupcake.com/feh/ for winning strategies, complete with videos. Thanks @Dr. Flamingo. Pheonixmaster1 will also usually post F2P guides for each one using only heroes that can be obtained for free and with minimal skill inheritence. And the Fire Emblem: Heroes subreddit is also a great source for strategies - look for the megathreads and try to find a strategy that matches the heroes you own.

Are there any good YouTube channels out there to help me?
Of course! See below:
Pheonixmaster1 - unit discussions, tier lists, guides, GHB help, summoning videos and more
The Sacred Spear - beginner guides and analysis videos for the game
AbdallahSmash026 - let's plays of the story, summoning videos, the FEH podcast and more
Lucky Crit - news, discussions, a few guides and also quite a bit of general Fire Emblem content
Nintendo Mobile - Nintendo's official youtube channel for mobile games. You'll find all of the new banner videos and FEH Channels here.

How about Twitter channels to follow?
@FEHeroes_News - fan-run account with tons of news on the game including most of the content from the official account actually translated into English. Probably the best account to follow.
@theprinceofiris - fan account that will sometimes leak information about upcoming things. Also posts a ton of great FEH fan art. Huge Chrom fan.
@NintendoAmerica/@NintendoEurope/@NintendoCanada - Official Nintendo English twitter account. This is where any Fire Emblem: Heroes news will appear (alongside other Nintendo things)
@FE_Heroes_JP - The official Fire Emblem: Heroes twitter account. Unfortunately only in Japanese, but here it is if you're curious.

I want to learn more!!!
Good! There's a lot of complexity to FE:H. Check out this Guide to Advanced Mechanics to really dive into some complex topics.
Also, the Fire Emblem: Heroes subreddit is a great resource. Be warned...lots of fan art!

Settings and Tips (NEEDS UPDATING)
Here are a list of things you might want to know about while playing:
  • If a character has hearts around them in the castle area, tap on them to acquire a small amount of feathers.
  • Let lower level characters get the killing hit. Killing blows grant more XP. Soften enemies up with higher levels characters and finish them off with the weaklings.
  • If you kill an enemy 4 levels lower than you, you gain no XP.
  • If a hero dies in battle, they lose all XP they earned that map.
  • Healers can gain XP by healing. Always heal when possible (even if it's only 1 XP). They won't gain XP if they've healed too much on a map though. Healers can also learn attack skills once they've earned enough SP, and this lets them earn normal XP.
  • Characters that are 4* or higher automatically become "Favorited". You can disable or change this option in the Settings.
  • Sometimes it's good not to attack. What?! There are some cases where if you attack, then the enemy can attack and kill you on their turn. If you don't attack, you'll deal counter attack damage and then finish them off on your turn. Great for choke point scenarios.
  • If you want things to go faster, disable attack animations.
  • Fridays and Saturdays are bonus SP days. You're earn double the amount of SP than normal making them great days to train up new heroes to level 40 or farm SP on your heroes to learn new skills.

Friend's List
Here's our PA friend list. Add yourself today! Make sure to send out a greeting. Occasionally a hero might show up with a gift!

Helpful Links
Credit for original OPs to @MNC Dover and @ecco the dolphin and @Smoogy

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
Warlock82 on

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Current Events

Current Event Schedule:
    img_20181011.png
    (all times based on 12am PST)

Current Arena Rotation:

Latest Banner Videos:
    https://youtu.be/lVwORh9BwHk
    https://youtu.be/f1ttLkhWJUE

Tempest Trials Bonus Allies:

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I'm dumb and apparently fed or sent home all my Felicias. I'm hoping I didn't actually do the map where you get her free, otherwise I'm gonna have to wait til a banner where I wanna also be sniping colorless. :/

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    edited February 2018
    akjak wrote: »
    I'm dumb and apparently fed or sent home all my Felicias. I'm hoping I didn't actually do the map where you get her free, otherwise I'm gonna have to wait til a banner where I wanna also be sniping colorless. :/

Felicia is so common (since she appears at 3*) that I wouldn't worry too much. You'll be swimming in them soon enough :P

Warlock82 on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    A+ thread title!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    It just dawned on me that Ninian is a TT bonus unit.

NINIAN is a bonus unit in the VALENTINE'S DAY TEMPEST TRIAL. The valentines day tempest trial where ELIWOOD is the reward unit.

Bride Ninian WHEN?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited February 2018
    "Hur de hur, I'll knock out two birds with one stone and clear one of the training maps with a team of Alphonse, Anna and Sharena to complete a bunch of the Battling with Fjorm quests while also clearing the map for the first time for the orb!" Line everyone up perfectly... and then the armors move two spaces -_- All of the armors have armor march.... You've got to be kidding me.

Well, I completed some at least, though a lot of incorrect matchups wasted (the quests want the characters with triangle advantage to kill that color type, so say, greens and reds attacking Anna does nothing for me... Also thank God my Anna has Vantage 3 because most of them bee-lined for her. She had like 1 hp after the first turn..). Ah well. At least I made some progress and knocked out that training mission. The hard (i.e. expensive) one will be killing level 40s. I guess I can farm that via Arena Assault but that will be a bit tedious since it's like one kill per character... I can do training tower but that's 9 stamina each and a lot of refreshing for optimal colors. But may be the better option.

I still gotta do Armor and Flier Narcian yet today too :/ (stupid armor strat wasting my stamina... He must have had a super merged Effie... It would have worked perfectly if she could actually one shot the guys like she does in his video...)

Edit: I did two run throughs of Arena Assault. Not super efficient but at least I got some items out of the deal. I also rerolled until I could find a blue flier for Anna to kill :P

Warlock82 on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I used Bow Lyn, Camus, Cecilia and Reinhardt for horse challenge for Narcian. Camus tanks the first hit and then I figure out how I live and win by slowly pulling back and baiting units.

The armor quest was a huge pain. I don't have enough merges on Effie and she is 4*, so I tend to use BK, Arden Sheena/Amelia and Hector. I watched one video where someone cleared using armored Tharja and I saw what the individual did. At one point, they block everyone using the mountains in order to force the mages to attack the correct person. I used Arden (+3 atk seal), VHector (Close def 3 seal), BK (distant defense 3 seal), Amelia (attack smoke 3 seal). Everyone has pivot.

Hector moves up and takes the first hit, with Amelia behind him to give him +move and a everyone else is using ward armor. BK is behind Amelia and Arden is diagonal to BK. After the first hit, I aim to have Arden bait Narcian while everyone else gets out of range. Amelia pivots using Arden to the bottom square, 2 south of forest. Hector pivots on BK, to be diagonal from Amelia. BK pivots to the bottom left and Arden moves up one to the forest. The enemies move so the order in the pass is Red Sword, Horse Bow, Blue Mage, Green mage, archer two spaces from green mage.

I move BK (who has armor march) up to the sword, and attack. Arden kills Narcian. Amelia moves up next to Arden and Hector, then I pass. Sword tis down to 7 hp, bow knight is left at 1 HP. BK kills the sword, Hector moves south. Amelia pivots to be in front of BK and Arden waits. Blue mage attacks Amelia, Horse Bow attacks BK and dies to counter. Green mage attacks BK and dies to counter. Amelia moves up to attack and kill the blue mage. Then the next turn she moves up to kill the archer.

I'm not sophisticated enough to put out a video, sorry. I hope this might help some of you though, since this has been the toughest challenge for me so far, since I'm used to pulling back and baiting with armor units, not necessarily blocking and forcing actions like this.

edited February 2018
    These were the two that worked for me so far:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCqjSDwkCPg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-u5mOqoO8

Pretty F2P friendly (at least the infantry one.. the calvary one is not bad assuming you actually have Camus and Reinhardt)

Oh, and I added the current calendar to the OP since I find that super useful to reference myself. I'll try to keep it updated with the latest one, assuming they keep releasing them

Warlock82 on
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Resolved not to pull till Feb 28. That'll let me choose between new heroes banner and legendary banner. Have a feeling the last legendary hero will make its debut, and that could be worth going for.

Do your worst, IS! I'll only hoard!

edited February 2018
    That's a safe bet. I'm leaning towards gambling on V!Lyn because of the following three points.

1: I lack a ranged armor unit
    2: I lack a unit with armor march
    3: If I acquire V!Lyn now rather than later, I can effortlessly amass thousands of SP by releasing her against the tempest trial.

Although I suppose only the third point argues for rolling now rather than later. We are also now living in the new age of the daily sp grinding maps, so I probably should just hold...

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2018
    Yeah that is a good plan. The Valentine's banner should still be around if nothing interesting drops in those two.

Side note, argg. Soooo close to beating Narcian armor emblem. I was looking at Pheonixmaster1's video and compiled a similar team (swapped Winter Robin for Gwendolyn and Winter Lissa for Sheena - his Gwendolyn didn't do anything but act as a buff bot and Winter Lissa seemed to have similar stats to Sheena... dumb thing is I have Sheena but she doesn't have enough SP to learn Draw Back...) but I wasted two tries - the first because I did a dumb (Effie swaps with Black Knight, not the other way around!) but also forgot to equip Winter Lissa with Draw Back (doh!) and the second because Winter Lissa took too much damage from the archer at the very end. T_T I was so close.... I want to try with a Deflect Missile seal on her and see if that solves the problem, but need to wait on stamina now (I refuse to spend another potion... I need to hoard them for Tempest Trials on Wednesday).

Edit: In hindsight... maybe I should just use Hector... yeah, his res is garbage, but I bet he could take ONE hit from the blue mage cavalier (maybe with a deflect magic seal)... and he has vantage... so like... it's free at that point... Hmm...

Warlock82 on
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I should give up the Roy chase until after the Legendary Banner drops, but I dunno... I really think the Legendary Banner is gonna good, but I have no idea what the next New Heroes Banner could be. I think I'll try to pull for Roy one more time tonight, then go ahead and make a Tempest Trials team without him.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hm, I'm spending more energy than is likely necessary on how I should allocate my blessings.

Legendary Ike/Brave Lucina: She brings him up to an almost passable 38 speed which is what really matters, if we're honest.
    Gunnthra/Sigurd: He doesn't really need the boost given that he can tank a maxed out Rein, but I don't have any other horses so.
    Fjorm/???: Her boost is the most valuable but I don't have any red/green infantry to pair her with.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    edited February 2018
    Shen wrote: »
    Hm, I'm spending more energy than is likely necessary on how I should allocate my blessings.

Legendary Ike/Brave Lucina: She brings him up to an almost passable 38 speed which is what really matters, if we're honest.
    Gunnthra/Sigurd: He doesn't really need the boost given that he can tank a maxed out Rein, but I don't have any other horses so.
    Fjorm/???: Her boost is the most valuable but I don't have any red/green infantry to pair her with.

My current rule of thumb has been to just put random blessings on my current arena team. That way I get the extra arena points for them as well as bonuses when Fjorm (or whomever) is a bonus unit. I guess I'm saving the rest until I figure out what this new mode is exactly.

Also rip... back down to tier 19 for me T_T With a score of 5042 I'm currently 5555/5537 to stay in rank 20 :(

Warlock82 on
    Since I can get to tier 20 consistently and can never put up the score to stay, I feel like the weeks where I'm in Tier 20 are just for me to play around with different teams for fun.

Awesome for those of you who can stay in Tier 20 or even come close!

Ardor wrote: »
    Since I can get to tier 20 consistently and can never put up the score to stay, I feel like the weeks where I'm in Tier 20 are just for me to play around with different teams for fun.

This is how I am right now. I hover between Tier 19 and 20. It's the main reason I've been really working on my arena team to boost score. Once I get Olivia merged to +10 I think I should be able to sit there somewhat comfortably.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I should give up the Roy chase until after the Legendary Banner drops, but I dunno... I really think the Legendary Banner is gonna good, but I have no idea what the next New Heroes Banner could be. I think I'll try to pull for Roy one more time tonight, then go ahead and make a Tempest Trials team without him.
    Honestly I feel like the legendary banners are very rarely good. There's always at least one dud that ruins a color sniping plan. Although the next one will probably have a legendary gray on it and banners where gray is worth pulling are very rare, so that might be a thing.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Warlock82 wrote: »

This is how I am right now. I hover between Tier 19 and 20. It's the main reason I've been really working on my arena team to boost score. Once I get Olivia merged to +10 I think I should be able to sit there somewhat comfortably.

I have a Sheena (+res/-spd) that is 5* +7 that I'm working on right now (no feathers and no more Sheena's to merge yet). She is mostly used to get higher scores in arena assault right now. I also have that Masked Marth 5*+5. Otherwise, I do have an Olivia 4*+10. I guess I haven't really attempted to see what I could get as my highest arena score using only the biggest point generating heroes, but I'm pretty sure I'd both get stomped and still not be competitive to stay in Tier 20.

Warlock82 wrote: »

I have a Sheena (+res/-spd) that is 5* +7 that I'm working on right now (no feathers and no more Sheena's to merge yet). She is mostly used to get higher scores in arena assault right now. I also have that Masked Marth 5*+5. Otherwise, I do have an Olivia 4*+10. I guess I haven't really attempted to see what I could get as my highest arena score using only the biggest point generating heroes, but I'm pretty sure I'd both get stomped and still not be competitive to stay in Tier 20.

The 4*+10s are actually worth quite a bit. I had been using a 4*+10 Olivia which is roughly equivalent to a 5*+4. I really need Sonya to show up on another banner too so I can while for more merges :P

Pulled a second V!Hector, +Def/-Res which I guess is marginally better than +Def/-HP. Down to just chain challenges for orbs now!

ladi.png
    With a team of unmerged 5*'s (dragon emblem), tier 18.5 is about as high as I can climb. That's still enough to collect 4 orbs though. I'm hoping to maybe improve my scoring a bit by incorporating steady/warding breath and aether builds on the dragons, but I don't think that I can really climb much higher without merging the units. However I'm planning on sticking with dragon emblem for now since all that's slowing me down are feathers. Nowi has eluded me but I have plenty of Faes and A!Tikis to level up.

First I want to finish assembling basic theme teams though. Flier emblem is first on the list with a 4* merged Caeda being the focus. A 4* merged Cordelia is planned as the blue slot, and I haven't decided on the other two. Probably S!Camilla since I got extremely lucky on the first b8% banner and was able to merge a 5*+2 S!Camilla. Airzura is a strong candidate as a singer with hone fliers, and I also kind of want to try building up Michalis and exploit Hauteclere++.

My armor emblem team is partly dead in the water without armor march, and my horse emblem team lacks The Reinhardt and I don't want to invest in Ursula when I know that statistically Reinhardt is pretty common.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Honestly I feel like the legendary banners are very rarely good. There's always at least one dud that ruins a color sniping plan. Although the next one will probably have a legendary gray on it and banners where gray is worth pulling are very rare, so that might be a thing.

That's true, I was underwhelmed by the last two legendary banners, but I think this particular one could end up being very good... for me. In blue we've got the likely return of Summer Corrin, who is my favorite unit so I'd love to be able to merge her. The other two slots, freed from Fjorm, could be filled by any number of units that I'd be excited for. Repeats of Hinoka, Tana, or Ninian, or a brand new Lute, Ephraim, or even Shigure! Plus each Brave Hero has shown up on a legendary banner, and it's Brave Ike's turn so there's a good chance he'll show up. As for the legendary hero... They're supposed to represent fire so forgive me for thinking it's not gonna be a colorless unit, as much as that would throw things off. I'm picturing a red tome, a sword (Hero King Marth?), or any color dragon.

Now that you bring up gray orbs... I've been pulling them for the first time since the first legendary banner and geez, colorless really is hell. Healers and Saizo as far as the eye can see... Give me a Sothe! At least I get to stock up on Felicia and Gordin.

tumblr_o2g35rMlUh1u9beo8o6_500.jpg

edited February 2018

Edit: I think I'll use the second post for any current event info like this :P

Warlock82 on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    No no no no no ... I don't want to use Alfonse....

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited February 2018
    Made some more updates to the OP. Added some extra youtube channels and a small section for twitter accounts. And then updated the second post for current events. I'll try to keep it up to date with whatever is going on (at the very least I can put arena rotations and tempest trial bonus heroes in there)

Oh, and I added a link to the official FEH Manga :P

Warlock82 on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    As for the legendary hero... They're supposed to represent fire so forgive me for thinking it's not gonna be a colorless unit, as much as that would throw things off. I'm picturing a red tome, a sword (Hero King Marth?), or any color dragon.

It's probably going to be colorless. Not only does it make sense to finish the set, but they found this red-tinted dagger in the datamine that doesn't belong to anything so far.

l9tZ6uG.png

s7Imn5J.png
    edited February 2018
    As for the legendary hero... They're supposed to represent fire so forgive me for thinking it's not gonna be a colorless unit, as much as that would throw things off. I'm picturing a red tome, a sword (Hero King Marth?), or any color dragon.

It's probably going to be colorless. Not only does it make sense to finish the set, but they found this red-tinted dagger in the datamine that doesn't belong to anything so far.

l9tZ6uG.png

Oh really? I missed that one. My guess was it might be a fire bow or like, a fire shuriken. I guess I was half-right with the second bit, though a dagger user is a really odd choice. It would also probably mean it isn't an existing hero like Ike was, unless they pick some random-ass character. I don't think any of the games had a dagger user as anything close to a main character...

Or maybe that isn't for the fire hero at all :P

Warlock82 on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Two out of the three legendaries are Heroes OCs, and I saw speculation on Reddit on the fire one being Laevatein's barely-mentioned older sister.

But yeah it's just speculation, so who knows.

s7Imn5J.png
    That dagger kinda looks like a cousin to Laevatein (the sword).

3DS Friend Code:
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    No no no no no ... I don't want to use Alfonse....

Valter is also free?

steam_sig.png
    Why isn't V!Eliwood on the bonus unit list?

3DS Friend Code:
    Probably because he isn't out yet. They don't want to have one that you can't even use for at least two days (+ time to train up to 40). He might be on the next rotation.

Tempest heroes are never arena bonus units to the best of my recollection.

ladi.png
    Shen wrote: »
    Tempest heroes are never arena bonus units to the best of my recollection.

Black Knight may have been? I can't remember.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I got pity-broken by Sothe :(

It's doubly bad, because I already have him at 5*, and he's got a useful skill but it's fully unlocked at 4*, so I feel bad about sacrificing a 5* to give it away.

edited February 2018
    The past four consecutive trials have had TT reward heroes as TT bonus heroes. NY!Corrin at 40%, Marissa at 20%, Masked Marth at 20%, and Joshua at 20%

edit:
    Wait a minute, every single TT has a TT reward hero as a TT bonus unit back to the first one and including this one. Eliwood is standing right there but I confused him with Roy because his Chibi looks kinda young and I didn't recognize him without his horse.

The V!Eliwood is also standing next to Ninian. Coincidence?

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    The past four consecutive trials have had TT reward heroes as TT bonus heroes. NY!Corrin at 40%, Marissa at 20%, Masked Marth at 20%, and Joshua at 20%

Oh I thought you meant arena. Eliwood is a bonus hero, but at 20%

Yeah, I was talking about the TT bonus list...and I overlooked Eliwood and saw Roy twice.

3DS Friend Code:
    tvhrq71ywsp4.png

Y'see, this is why I was an idiot for spending so much on FEH last year. +HP/-Spd Hector is my best yet, and Lyn is nicely neutral across the board.

ladi.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Back up to 108 orbs. Wonder how long the orbs will continue to flow...

7244qyoka3pp.gif