The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 19, 2018 - Why We’re Here

13»

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Netflix would jump on it for sure!

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Brob wrote: »

Uhhhhhhh, I’ve got some bad news there too...

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    AdamRW wrote: »

Based on my two Netflix animation data points of Big Mouth and Devilman Crybaby, have you considered adding penises and explicit violence?

Brobhajen
  • Rosie ToesRosie Toes Registered User new member
    First time commenter, but I've been reading for a couple years now.

I don't remember how I found this comic (I think I found Skadi first?), but I'm so very glad I did. It's sweet and funny and emotional.
    I'm at a time in my life where I've suddenly realized I'm long past "big kid" and firmly in "young adult." This latest arc hit close to home.

I don't want to leave camp :/

Anyway, good luck pitching the TV show! I'd love to be able to say I knew Camp Weedonwantcha back when it was a webcomic :P

Ugh really? South Park even devoted an episode to how Netflix was buying everything pitched to 'em.
    Grumble grumble...

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had seen that episode. Made the rejection feel even better!

Trying to get a show made seems really depressing.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I had seen that episode. Made the rejection feel even better!

I'm no Big Business Man, but you may want to rethink your pitch of printing out all the comics as a flipbook and yelling "SEE!? LIKE THIS!"

For real though, good luck! You've got a great thing here.

Nobeard wrote: »
    You can even mount some non-animals...

Steam:MichaelLC
    The key seems to be celebrity voices. All the animated shows seem to have some fairly prominent voice actors for the characters. I'm going to propose getting Noah Schnapp from Stranger Things to voice Malachi, maybe Norm MacDonald for Linus, Gilbert Gottfried for Nieman, David Harbour for Brian, Tara Strong for Seventeen...get them lined up first and the rest will fall into place. :D

• jmaxerjmaxer Registered User new member
    "Thanks so much for all of your kind words about the comic, everyone! We'll get a blog post up real soon to talk about the future of the comic and our plans and all that."

Ha, that doesn't sound like this is continuing all that soon, if ever. Well, if it isn't, this is as good an area to go out on man! Great stuff.

The key seems to be celebrity voices. All the animated shows seem to have some fairly prominent voice actors for the characters. I'm going to propose getting Noah Schnapp from Stranger Things to voice Malachi, maybe Norm MacDonald for Linus, Gilbert Gottfried for Nieman, David Harbour for Brian, Tara Strong for Seventeen...get them lined up first and the rest will fall into place. :D

If the studio ever releases the short, they got some amazing voices for the main trio.

So we need someone to ninja the studio...

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    It's been my experience that you get better work out of someone whose elbow you aren't constantly tugging. So be patient, BROB, and await the new comics with tranquility and poise. In short -- STUFF the ninjas.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Art can't be forced. I'll wait patiently until the heat death of the universe. It's up to them when or if they start up the comic. It sounds like they love it as much as we do. Love is patience. Give them their time, as long as they want.

Sorry, the ninja comment was simply a joke

briguy
    I fully endorse the ninjaing of the short.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    supernatural (the TV show) spoiler alert:
    watching the twelfth (my next hangman word) season and didn't pay attention to the credit roll, but the story line featured a washed up hair metal front man being possessed by a major baddie; got to thinking that looks a lot like... it is Rick Springfield.
    totally blew me away.

briguy
    hajen wrote: »
    supernatural (the TV show) spoiler alert:
    watching the twelfth (my next hangman word) season and didn't pay attention to the credit roll, but the story line featured a washed up hair metal front man being possessed by a major baddie; got to thinking that looks a lot like... it is Rick Springfield.
    totally blew me away.

The man is still going strong
    bkutr7d3xd25.jpeg

hajen
  • ConnellArawnConnellArawn Registered User new member
    Personally, I think any studio is missing out on a prime opportunity. While they won't necessarily make money hand over fist, this is just the kind of heartfelt story that will bring in viewers and leave than better than they were before they started watching. I am grateful to Penny Arcade for bringing this comic to my attention and I look forward to the next chapter.
    However long you guys need to work it up is how long I will wait to read it. I don't believe in hounding artists for new content. It takes how long it takes. Anything rushed is not the work that it could have been. Besides that, I'm not paying you to do this, so I have no right to pester you about a finished product. I am happy to wait for this fantastic comic to continue.

Thank you for your wonderful story.

13»