As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2018 [Hotel] Partners and Discussion

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    If anyone plans to drop a Wednesday Westin please let me know. It's the only night I need!

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    Managed to get a Thurs - Sunday @ the Element, have Wednesday @ the Seaport, but if anyone plans on dropping a Wed Element please let me know!

yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    We booked our room at the Hilton Boston Downtown. We had always managed to get a room at the Westin but were too late this year. We really liked just hanging out in the lobby playing games all night. Does anyone know if there is a similar atmosphere at the Hilton?

bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    We booked our room at the Hilton Boston Downtown. We had always managed to get a room at the Westin but were too late this year. We really liked just hanging out in the lobby playing games all night. Does anyone know if there is a similar atmosphere at the Hilton?

Not anywhere near to that extent. You'll find some people, but the Westin is a madhouse by comparison.

• Options
    Marino wrote: »

Not anywhere near to that extent. You'll find some people, but the Westin is a madhouse by comparison.
    I've never stayed at hotel as fun for PAX as the Westin. It's hillarious how much of a madhouse it is.

Also, does anyone know if the HDMI ports are open at the Westin on their TVs? I know one of the hotels I was in had blockers on the HDMI ports. Most likely to get people to rent movies.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    Marino wrote: »

I've never stayed at hotel as fun for PAX as the Westin. It's hillarious how much of a madhouse it is.

Also, does anyone know if the HDMI ports are open at the Westin on their TVs? I know one of the hotels I was in had blockers on the HDMI ports. Most likely to get people to rent movies.

My hotel at westin last year had open HDMI ports. I recall 2 years ago; the Seaport TV's are too old and don't even have HDMI. Not sure if they upgraded.

• Options
    I had the Westin the past few years, so I couldn't remember if it was my room or one of my friends rooms that didn't have em. Thanks!

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    i remember i stayed at the omni parker once and the hdmi ports were open but once u changed the input on the tv to hdmi a few minutes later it would auto switch back to the cable input,it was weird how it would wait a few minutes rather then seconds.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Some single bed rooms opened up at the Westin so we snagged one for Thursday-Sunday! Rooms are still available! I also dropped our Hilton reservations so that's open too.

Stephidabefida on
    bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    Some single bed rooms opened up at the Westin so we snagged one for Thursday-Sunday! Rooms are still available! I also dropped our Hilton reservations so that's open too.

My friend texted me that Wednesday was available, missed out, super bummed

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    double bedded rooms currently available at the seaport and renaissance!

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Is there a notification you lot are receiving or are you literally just leaving the page open 24/7 and hitting refresh once in awhile?

Just curious what the methods are.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Is there a notification you lot are receiving or are you literally just leaving the page open 24/7 and hitting refresh once in awhile?

Just curious what the methods are.

I was basically hitting refresh every 20-30 minutes, but usually I just check once or twice a day. I noticed a lot of rooms seemed to be opening up today so I made sure to check often. I was able to get a single bed/double occupancy room for April 4-8 at the Westin. Now I'm just hoping that something opens up for the night of the 8th!

bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    I was basically hitting refresh every 20-30 minutes, but usually I just check once or twice a day. I noticed a lot of rooms seemed to be opening up today so I made sure to check often. I was able to get a single bed/double occupancy room for April 4-8 at the Westin. Now I'm just hoping that something opens up for the night of the 8th!

That's what I assumed, and I have a room at Yotel for us from 4th through 9th (also, the "distances from event" on Onpeak are deceptive in their accuracy- Yotel is not that far IRL and Rennaissance is not that close IRL). I'm perfectly fine with what we have, but I keep the site bookmarked just in case the heavy hitters like Westin or Seaport open. But the catch is because we're happy, I'm not checking nearly as often.

Oh well! Is it April yet?

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular

That's what I assumed, and I have a room at Yotel for us from 4th through 9th (also, the "distances from event" on Onpeak are deceptive in their accuracy- Yotel is not that far IRL and Rennaissance is not that close IRL). I'm perfectly fine with what we have, but I keep the site bookmarked just in case the heavy hitters like Westin or Seaport open. But the catch is because we're happy, I'm not checking nearly as often.

Oh well! Is it April yet?

The Renaissance is very close. There is literally less than a 0.1 of a mile difference walking between the Seaport and Renaissance which is only 2 minutes more of walking. I've stayed at the Renassaince in the past and its been great as it's still close enough to walk back to take a break or drop stuff off without wasting a whole lot of time.

If you are basically staying in the seaport area, I think people are in good shape as of how close they are. Even just crossing the bridge isn't bad at the Intercontinental.

• Options
    a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    how strict are hotels with having more then the amount of people staying in the room then whats been rented?i got a double occupancy double bed at the revere but i got 3 possibly 4 people staying.

• Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    how strict are hotels with having more then the amount of people staying in the room then whats been rented?i got a double occupancy double bed at the revere but i got 3 possibly 4 people staying.

You shouldn't be obvious/stupid about it (walking with 4 people up to the counter, requesting 4 cards, etc.), but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a hotel that will take action against this.

I will say that in my experience if you have a room that's marked for double-occupancy with two beds, there's a higher chance that you'll get bumped out of it and moved to a single bedded room. Hotels do not always honor the # of beds, though I don't have experience with the Revere personally. For rooms with 3+ people they know that they have to honor the 2 beds, and you have money behind it to back that as well.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Elements single is available from Wednesday to Monday. On a side note, I plan to release a Seaport Wednesday-Sunday(2 bed) and Westin Wed-Friday(two bed) so let me know if anybody is looking and we can arrange a time for me to cancel so you have a better change of booking it.

nomisro on
  • Options
    nomisro wrote: »
    Elements single is available from Wednesday to Monday. On a side note, I plan to release a Seaport Wednesday-Sunday(2 bed) and Westin Wed-Friday(two bed) so let me know if anybody is looking and we can arrange a time for me to cancel so you have a better change of booking it.

Looking for a Westin Wednesday atm. A Thursday through Monday randomly opened up.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    edited February 2018
    sfford2008 wrote: »
    The Renaissance is very close. There is literally less than a 0.1 of a mile difference walking between the Seaport and Renaissance which is only 2 minutes more of walking. I've stayed at the Renassaince in the past and its been great as it's still close enough to walk back to take a break or drop stuff off without wasting a whole lot of time.

If you are basically staying in the seaport area, I think people are in good shape as of how close they are. Even just crossing the bridge isn't bad at the Intercontinental.

Staying at the Rennaissance last year, it's in the vicinity but the walk was longer than past years at the Seaport. To be fair, it isn't terrible and well within 5 minutes. But there are some who imply that unless it's Aloft or Element, you're walking 15 miles barefoot through the snow being "stuck" at Yotel or Rennaissance. And that's mildly ridiculous since this seems based solely off the 'Distance to event'.

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Looking for a Westin Wednesday atm. A Thursday through Monday randomly opened up.

I snagged a Wednesday yeaterday, as I was in the same position as you. Keep trying, you'll get one. They seem to be dropping in the early afternoon EST.

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • Options

Staying at the Rennaissance last year, it's in the vicinity but the walk was longer than past years at the Seaport. To be fair, it isn't terrible and well within 5 minutes. But there are some who imply that unless it's Aloft or Element, you're walking 15 miles barefoot through the snow being "stuck" at Yotel or Rennaissance. And that's mildly ridiculous since this seems based solely off the 'Distance to event'.

Haha thats so ridiculous! I got the Reinassance again this year since I couldn't get aloft or element, and its less than 10 minutes to get over there. The distance to event is fairly accurate and the distance I mentioned above is from google not onpeak (which I assume they are also using to calculate the distance). Plus I have been in the seaport plenty of times that the distance is negligible. I think its funny how some people get all worked up (not you Mephisto) over not staying at one of the three (Aloft, Element, Westin). I remember when there were even less options with just Westin, Seaport, Reinassance.

• Options
    Few rooms at the Seaport open right now Thursday-Sunday!

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just released a 2-bed at Renaissance Thursday-Saturday.

• Options
    Haha thats so ridiculous! I got the Reinassance again this year since I couldn't get aloft or element, and its less than 10 minutes to get over there. The distance to event is fairly accurate and the distance I mentioned above is from google not onpeak (which I assume they are also using to calculate the distance). Plus I have been in the seaport plenty of times that the distance is negligible. I think its funny how some people get all worked up (not you Mephisto) over not staying at one of the three (Aloft, Element, Westin). I remember when there were even less options with just Westin, Seaport, Reinassance.

Back in my day, we drove in from NH each day! And you didn't hear us complaining, dagnabbit! :biggrin:

And a brisk walk along the waterfront never hurt anyone. Builds character.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options

Back in my day, we drove in from NH each day! And you didn't hear us complaining, dagnabbit! :biggrin:

And a brisk walk along the waterfront never hurt anyone. Builds character.

Ha! Yes I didn't drive that far, but used to come down daily from the North shore of mass (about 45 min). Staying at a hotel once spoiled me so I make sure to do it every year. It's worth the hotel especially if I can split it with some friends.

• Options
    nomisro wrote: »

I sent you a PM

• Options
    Managed to get a Thurs-Sat at the element, now just really hoping a Saturday night opens up! Would much prefer Element over Seaport at this time... I think I'll miss having the kitchen too much.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    I am looking for a Westin Sunday single bed. If anyone is letting a Sunday night room go please let me know!

bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    Managed to get a Thurs-Sat at the element, now just really hoping a Saturday night opens up! Would much prefer Element over Seaport at this time... I think I'll miss having the kitchen too much.

Was it a single or double?

• Options
    ScoJoMo wrote: »
    NFG wrote: »

Was it a single or double?

Single. I'd love a double, but my Seaport room was a single as well so it's an upgrade either way! TBH the room could be complete garbage and I'd still prefer Element for the BREAKFAST SANDWICHES.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I’m totally having that debate. We are three people in a single and weighing proximity versus free food with kitchen haha

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    just dropped a wednesday through sunday night quad at Aloft (was a double reservation, I managed to get Element too and obviously that's better because kitchen). Happy hunting!

ilta on
  • Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    I managed to pick up an element way back when they first went up. I'm pretty thrilled that so many people seem to like it. I stayed at the Aloft last year and enjoyed it as well (especially that short walk at night) so I'm looking forward to having a kitchen and all this time.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »
    I managed to pick up an element way back when they first went up. I'm pretty thrilled that so many people seem to like it. I stayed at the Aloft last year and enjoyed it as well (especially that short walk at night) so I'm looking forward to having a kitchen and all this time.

Same, I got the Element same day as passes I was thrilled. I stayed at the Element last year (not Pax, just Boston visit) and loved the set up of the room. I didn't actually use the kitchen but it's a great option. The full size fridge is honestly what I was most excited about

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    Dropped my Element whole week yesterday because I managed to get a Wednesday through Sunday Westin. Check your spam folders for those of you holding multiple reservations. They sent one out if you hold more than one under the same name.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    Seems like Sunday is consistently a hard day to get at the Westin, year in and year out.

• Options
    Seems like Sunday is consistently a hard day to get at the Westin, year in and year out.

I have had that issue in the past, too. Maybe they don't block as many rooms that night? I was able to get a reservation directly through the Westin site for that night, it costs a bit more than through OnPeak though.

bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Dropping various days at Element, Aloft, Westin and Seaport...was trying to string together the weekend at any one of these, its not looking like it will work out so have to let them go.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options

I feel like Wednesday has been the harder one this PAX personally. Got a Thursday-Saturday first. Then snagged a Saturday-Sunday later that day. And then finally got the Wednesday-Thursday a couple days ago. Surprised by how many Westin rooms have been up for extended periods of time this year.

zmYaVYP.png