The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ADVENTURE OVER!!! Thanks for Playing!

1767778798082»

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    The crossbow bolt narrowly passes by the Slaads head and its wide mouth opens in a smile. [Run along, little man.] The Slaad's sibilant "voice" echoes in your head. [I could never hurt you now. Run along and live...]

    Mongrel Idiot
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    I'm sure Barran will be fiiiiiiine.
    Then again, the Slaad does appear a little ... al()en.

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Elvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @Bursar what did you do to Geth? Because he really hates you. That, or he really loves you and just wanted you impregnated.

    SteelhawkBursarElvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Philo lets loose a battlecry and charges, striking with all the force he can muster across the Slaad's brow.

    Move to E8 and attack the Slaad.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Damage!

    Attack!:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    Damage!:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Elvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    "Bring it down, Ay!" bellows Philo, wrenching his blade free from the monster's bloody hide.

    @am0n
    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 5, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/0/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Dural still has 5 LOH HP remaining, so if I don't need to heal anybody (we do have potions after all), I should be able to clear that Disease.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    That's assuming being a "host for spawn" counts as a disease. Get that silver dagger ready, because we might be reenacting a scene from Prometheus in here.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    am0nElvenshaeMongrel Idiot
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    Ay follows Philo's lead and lashes out at the creature. He does hope the fight ends soon, though, as his reserves are running low. So low, in fact, that he blows connect with the pillar instead of the creature.

    Move: E7
    Action: Attack
    Bonus: Attack

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attacking is
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for a tiring hobby
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Edit: @Bursar I took your bad rolls. Hurry, strike now!

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (E8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (E7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 5, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/0/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    Attacking is:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    a tiring hobby:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]

    am0n on
    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Bleeding from many wounds, the Slaad nonetheless smiles. [Come. You may finish me, but my line will go on! My life is complete!] It then lashes out with a Bite against Dural, followed by slashes against At. The jaw slams down on the Dwarf's head, giving him a shake and causing stars to flash before his eyes! It then turns and unloads paired claw strike towards the Monk, one of them sinking deep!


    Slaad regenerates 10hp

    Slaad Bites Dural
    Slaad Slashes At twice

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Bite
    Geth, roll 2d4+3 for Bite damage
    Geth, roll 2#1d20+6 for Claws
    Geth, roll 2#1d8+3 for Claw Damage

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (E8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (E7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 15, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 26/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/0/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2


    Bite:
    1d20+6 26 [1d20=20]
    Bite damage:
    2d4+3 8 [2d4=4, 1]
    Claws:
    2#1d20+6 2 # 17 [1d20=11] 11 [1d20=5]
    Claw Damage:
    2#1d8+3 2 # 10 [1d8=7] 9 [1d8=6]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d4 for extra Crit damage

    extra Crit damage:
    2d4 6 [2d4=2, 4]

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @aegis and @evilthecat are up

    @am0n for DC14 CON Save against laying an egg in your body

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I'm in between the two; can I throw Protection at one of them? Since I already know the result, I'll flip a coin for who gets it. 1 goes to Ay, 2 goes to Dural.

    Geth, roll 1d2 for Protection Target

    Protection Target:
    1d2 2 [1d2=2]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Bite vs Dural

    Bite vs Dural:
    1d20+6 12 [1d20=6]

    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Dural would have been seeing stars if not for Philo's timely intervention!

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (E8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (E7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 15, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/0/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2


    Steelhawk on
    ElvenshaeAegis
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Get In Mah Bellay

    Edit: Oh, it's in mah bellay.

    Get In Mah Bellay:
    1d20+2 3 [1d20=1]

    am0n on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Salazar, noticing that the toad didn't particularly enjoy the poison orb, sends another one flying!
    The slaad vomits it's own guts out and keels over!

    minion, roll 1d20+6 for orb hit
    minion, roll 4d8 for poison damage

    orb hit:
    1d20+6 21 [1d20=15]
    poison damage:
    4d8 17 [4d8=4, 3, 2, 8]

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mongrel IdiotSteelhawkElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    That attack roll clearly bests any cover he might have had from intervening allies. Nice!

    Now since Dural acts before you, does @Aegis want to potentially steal your kill or let it pass? :)

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Oh crap.
    I thought Dural had already acted.

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm cool with the death by poison orb!

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    am0nMongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    As the creature slumps to the floor, Philo scans the room, looking for any other threats, any sign that one of Zarr's minions still lives, or that the devil has any further tricks for them. Spotting nothing, he glances to the others, but doesn't sheathe his sword.

    "Sal," he says, "are you expecting any more family reunions down here?"

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    "Why yes! If you sprinkle some fairy dust on Zarr over there she'll morph into Aunt Petunia!
    Always fond of elaborate pranks, that one.."

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    With the thud of the Slaad's corpse hitting the ground... its over. A little banter, and a little queasiness and nausea, our band of hearty adventurers collects their loot and begins the trek towards back towards the Yawning Portal.

    The corridors that once housed Zarr's army are now quiet. Any remaining slave warriors have fled with the death of their Dark Elf overseers. Heading west back through the barracks and parade grounds, the corpse of the Basilisk still where you had left it. The Hall of Heroes and its deadly lightning trap holds no danger to you now as you pass through. Turning south, you re-enter the Bone Throne room and it lies dark and still. The Throne as it ever was, except now empty of its prize, and the illuminating globes that once hung in the air gone. Further south, the Hall of Three Kings lies empty as well. Very little evidence remains of the fight with the Troll, only a day or three ago but feeling like a year. Through the halls some more until the unnerving magic dead room of the Hall of Pillars. West lies the Hall of Mirrors, where Squammulsh your Mimic "friend" awaits your return (with more wine maybe?). South is the trapped halls and the Watery Temple. Undermountain is vast and heading in any direction will lead only towards more glory. But the east is the direction that beckons you now. East towards Durnan's Well and the way back up to the Yawning Portal. East towards home.

    The Drow threat that you discovered lurking just below the streets of Waterdeep has been ended. Lady Zarr and her small army has been defeated. The urchins of Waterdeep are safe from being enslaved by the vile Dark Elves, sent to their fates deep in the bowels of Toril. Zarr's hungry search for a magical artifact, and the sacrifices arising from it, has been stopped. Zarr lies dead, sprawled across her magnificent cushions. Her devilish manipulator, Ra'Fiki the Horned Devil, has freely departed with his prize of the Orb of Al-Zoun and its desired contents. The Fiend's personal victory aided by the acquiescence of his genetic descendant, Salazar H'san. Your pockets laden with treasure and your hearts filled with pride, you approach the Well. Even from the many hundreds of feet above you, the sounds of revelry reach you. Shouting for a moment to send down the rope, the revelry fades and Durnan's gruff voice carries down to you

    "You lads have your coin ready?"


    The End

    see317Mongrel IdiotJPantsAegisBursarElvenshaeam0n
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Three cheers for Steelhawk, for running a most excellent game! That was a real blast, guys.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    JPantsBursarAegisElvenshaesee317Steelhawkam0n
Sign In or Register to comment.