As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

(Also these teams are horribly organized... Why so many swords all on one team? And Sophia on dragon emblem instead of Fae or Myrrh?)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It wouldn't be the first time I've seen an arena team with all swords. Maybe they are hoping to sucker punch a green / red heavy team and score a kill into surrender.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Sophia is obviously the bait unit that is hiding the fully built dragon emblem team.

My current defense team got me a decent handful of wins last week. LIke, Sanaki, A!Tiki, Sigurd.

Edit:
    Sigurd is the trap. He has distant counter and the quick riposte seal to discourage being assailed on the enemy player phase. The hope is that someone tries to bait Sigurd out of position to weaken him to then be killed on their subsequent player phase. But wait, there's Sanaki warping in with wings of mercy. What, TWO suns? Oh no no no. What sort of trickery is this? A speed boon Sanaki with life and death, speed cymbeline, and speed seal? Sigurd has spur speed you say?

Edit:
    Although I also kind of want to try building a defensive team of 3-4 Faes with refined lightning breath and bow breaker.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited February 2018
    Bleh, I did an arena run today and I can't figure out if I did a dumb or not. It probably doesn't even matter, but it's driving me crazy :P I *may* have accidentally clicked Beginner difficulty for the second match (out of habit due to farming a lot of Arena Assault items lately) because the team I got matched with was god-awful. Like, almost no merges, most units missing skills. It was pretty sad. I still ended up with a score of 4976 at the end which is a little low (though not *that* low), but I also got a lot of low scoring teams (716-718ish) this time and didn't waste dueling crests to scavange for higher scores, so it's hard to judge. In the end it probably doesn't matter - pretty sure that score is more than enough to get me back into tier 20 (I'm ranked like 444 right now) and I can absolutely do better if it's not. Just driving me crazy not knowing :P

This is on top of my defense team not getting any wins yet, which always leaves me paranoid that I screwed something up. I had Sexy Hector on there as the bonus unit but I'm thinking maybe he doesn't synergize well with the rest of the team (Guidence seal is kind of a waste if your fliers will likely just move out of range of your armors and make it moot). Swapped him with Valter who should now get all the flier buffs. I'll see if that's better. I'm so proud of how tricksy my team is that it worries me when they don't get wins right away :P No obvious Wings of Mercy for the opponent to look for, but lots of sneaky tricks they might forget about. +7 Hinoka with Firesweep Lance, Heavy Blade 3 seal and Galeforce to give her a surprise extra turn, Halloween Nowi with her Grimoire tome to let her teleport to nearby allies. Elincia with Flier Formation to also teleport to allies. And I usually give one Guidence seal if my bonus unit is infantry for another surprise teleport. Also try to stick Iote's Shield seal on someone, though I suspect that's so common at this point that people know to look for it now. I think the absolute best was last season with Myrrh as my bonus unit that got so many wins I realized it actually only shows you a handful of them and older ones just roll off (I wish there was some kind of number I could see).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Tier 20 problems :P

716-718 being low, spending crests to search for higher scoring teams, running a beginner match but still almost clearing 5K score...

and here my biggest issue is using Alphonse wont be any fun. :rotate:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited February 2018
    I kinda think that, more important than neat traps, I just need to merge a few units really high to put them in the range of more people who care about taking casualties. I need those tempest trials to start. I need more feathers.

My teams score below 700 right now, and I suspect that a decent number of people competing down here don't care about taking a casualty or two.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2018
    Talith wrote: »
    Tier 20 problems :P

716-718 being low, spending crests to search for higher scoring teams, running a beginner match but still almost clearing 5K score...

and here my biggest issue is using Alphonse wont be any fun. :rotate:

Haha, well tier 19 right now. I've found it pretty easy to get back into tier 20, but staying in there is nearly impossible. Hopefully after I build up Olivia to +10 (WTB all the feathers!) my score will go up enough to help with that.

That is, if I don't get too distracted. I only have one more 4* Olivia left before I have to resort to promoting 3*s. But I also want to promote an Adult Tiki super bad, so I made the decision I'll promote my last Olivia next, then Adult Tiki gets a turn while presumably the next banner will have some red focus unit on it and I'll be swimming in Olivias again anyways. Saves me 2k feathers per merge that way :P

Edit:
    I kinda think that, more important than neat traps, I just need to merge a few units really high to put them in the range of more people who care about taking casualties. I need those tempest trials to start. I need more feathers.

My teams score below 700 right now, and I suspect that a decent number of people competing down here don't care about taking a casualty or two.

That's true, score is important for that reason. Though I have been scoring ~600 and getting tons of wins so you may already be in a good range.

Warlock82 on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    So I have a Myrhh, a 4* + 10 Nowi, a young Tiki and enough spare feathers and Faes to get Fae up to +9. I think I may pull together a dragon team.

• IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    always wondered what level of merges/skills units you need to get to 5k. I hover around 17-18. highest points is 680 or so. that net you a max 4.7-8K on a perfect run.
    my defense team is theme for ranged calvary ( lyn eirika gunnthra reinhardt). it would be ranged women calvary but i have't built up a good olwen to make her good for the arena team yet. I really like the debuff gunnthra build just have chilling wind + res and def ploy going and units start melting.

edited February 2018
    Edit: Bah, double post

Warlock82 on
    edited February 2018
    Illieas wrote: »
    always wondered what level of merges/skills units you need to get to 5k. I hover around 17-18. highest points is 680 or so. that net you a max 4.7-8K on a perfect run.
    my defense team is theme for ranged calvary ( lyn eirika gunnthra reinhardt). it would be ranged women calvary but i have't built up a good olwen to make her good for the arena team yet. I really like the debuff gunnthra build just have chilling wind + res and def ploy going and units start melting.

I know merges are worth a lot of points for arena score, maybe more so than a lot of other things. If you check the OP I added a link to an Arena Score Calculator where you can input your arena team and see what score range you'll get. Good way to play around with things like seeing how merges improve it, different skills, etc.

My team is currently a +10 5* Robin, +6 5* Olivia (though it used to be 4*+10 with not a huge difference in score - merges mean a lot :P), +4 Sonya and then the bonus unit who is typically unmerged or maybe +1 or +2. And a deathless run for me hovers around 5000 points, though I got up to 5042 last season with some dueling crest scumming (that was also with Myrrh though who is worth a ton of arena score and I gave Distant Counter to)

Warlock82 on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I chose Sheena for feather sink as she can be obtained at 4* and has high potential as an armor unit. With her at +7 and Masked Marth at +5, I use YTiki unnerved with refined weapon and a bonus unit to get around 706 per arena match, if not more sometimes.

It easily keeps me bouncing between 19 and 20.

edited February 2018
    Ardor wrote: »
    I chose Sheena for feather sink as she can be obtained at 4* and has high potential as an armor unit. With her at +7 and Masked Marth at +5, I use YTiki unnerved with refined weapon and a bonus unit to get around 706 per arena match, if not more sometimes.

Sheena has a surprisingly great stat spread. Less so on damage, but she can tank both physical and magic like a mofo. Makes her a very good choice to build up. Even Svalinn Shield is becoming pretty useful these days with all the Keen Wolf Tomes and Michiahs running around (used to be pretty garbage since no one ran armorslayer).

I wish I had a more merged Masked Marth tho :P I missed out on her the first go around since Tempest Trial was pretty grueling. I got up to 4* and called it good. I could probably make a +4 if I would promote my three four stars, but at the same time, I'd rather use the feathers for something else :P

Warlock82 on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

Sheena has a surprisingly great stat spread. Less so on damage, but she can tank both physical and magic like a mofo. Makes her a very good choice to build up. Even Svalinn Shield is becoming pretty useful these days with all the Keen Wolf Tomes and Michiahs running around (used to be pretty garbage since no one ran armorslayer).

I wish I had a more merged Masked Marth tho :P I missed out on her the first go around since Tempest Trial was pretty grueling. I got up to 4* and called it good. I could probably make a +4 if I would promote my two four stars, but at the same time, I'd rather use the feathers for something else :P

That was my thinking with using her. She can barely do any damage herself, it's all about tanking or baiting and then using Ignis. I've been using her to bring Reinhardt and Bow Lyn in these days. My arena team now is Sheena 5* +7, Masked Marth 5* +5, VHEctor and YTiki. This time around I'm getting 710-716. I ended up with 4984 deathless run, my highest ever!

Unfortunately, I ran out of Sheena's and feathers, so I'll have to consider holding orbs to pull more greens in hopes of Sheena sometime. I've currently decided that I really want an armored mage, so I'm hoping for Lyn. I ended up with a pity breaker (only 3.25% though) of VLilina, +spd/-hp which is great! I am envisioning my quest ending in tears though.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    fucking rhajat. Ruined my 25 snipe pity streak

steam_sig.png
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    I had that happen too! Also weirdly, I can't find anyone who wants Distant Def? The Breaths are just that powerful I suppose.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I'd like my current armor emblem more if I had another Close Counter to give V!Lyn. Tharja, V!Hector and Black Knight all counter (and pwn) no matter where they're attacked from... Poor Lyn has to hide behind them forever.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Weird, I just encountered a weaponless Zelguis in the Tempest Trial. Glitch? Oversight?

edited February 2018
    Well that's certainly an interesting sacred seal reward. Extra movement at 100% HP? Yes please!

I hate that no red units are bonus. I'm just bringing Winter Tharja but she feels like tissue paper next to Hector and Lyn. Maybe I should try Black Knight instead

Edit: Looked closely and that seal isn't upgradable as I assumed it wouldn't be (has a white border like Quickened Pulse seal. Upgradable seals have bronze/silver/gold borders). So spent my newly earned 100 coins on upgrading Drive Defense since that's actually quite a good seal and I've been using it a LOT lately for GHB quests.

Warlock82 on
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Non-sequitor post: I'm visiting Tokyo this week. I failed miserably at finding FE swag in Akiba, but i did just see a FEH ad (including a tag for the Valentine's event) on the last train i was on...

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Wonder if we will ever see an armored healer, or even more unlikely an armored dancer. The new armor boots seal might make it work. Does armor march and armor boots stack? Are we now going to have to worry about 3 movement armor that can cruise over forests and trenches?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Wonder if we will ever see an armored healer, or even more unlikely an armored dancer. The new armor boots seal might make it work. Does armor march and armor boots stack? Are we now going to have to worry about 3 movement armor that can cruise over forests and trenches?

my guess is that would count as stacking.

camo_sig.png
    Full size TT with only 20% is a pain after the two minis.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Full size TT with only 20% is a pain after the two minis.

Yeah it feels weird not to have the 5* hero already. Doesn't help these GHB quests are draining a lot of my stamina too T_T At least I'm done with the training map ones and all the Battling with "Fjorm" quests (though I still have two tier 10 Feb. quests to knock out... I hope I can spare the stamina for those without digging too much into my TT stamina)

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Yeah, after doing my two daily runs and ending like 300 points short of what I'm used to on each, I threw a few orbs at the Valentine's banner. Only took about 25 orbs for Lyn to show up, which is lucky because I was already starting to regret using any after getting two 3* Bartres in the first round.

+RES/-SPD, which is alright I suppose. -SPD seems like a bad one, but between her atk/spd bond and a support she'll hit 40 before hone/goad buffs. Was a bit surprised leveling her because I had gotten used to Tharja and her close counter and just instinctively planted Lyn in a chokepoint, which was not effective.

s7Imn5J.png
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I'm not too rushed on the GHB quests since we have almost a year to finish them off.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Woo, I got sexy Hector (-spd/+res)! Now, back (and its been a long while) to trying to hoard orbs!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Fuck this TT and fuck rhajat's pity rate busting pull. Clarine suuuuuucks, and is a millstone around any attempts to do this fucking thing.

steam_sig.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    No change in the top 4. Final voting round begins tomorrow.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Gaaaaah I'm never gonna see Valentine's Roy! I got a Hawkeye pity breaker, so that at least saves me some feathers I would have spent on promoting Beruka for a Slaying Axe, but still.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Well Ike winning is a foregone conclusion, I wonder if I should merge him or give Warding Breath to ATiki? There's no way to build her to survive Alm's Brave Falchion so I wonder if it's a worthwhile investment, given that I already have Nowi built out.

On the offchance that it'll pan out differently, I'd still really like to run Tharja.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    New warriors maps. Don't know if I need any SP grinding right now, especially with TT to grind, but it was 3 orbs at least.

And no music! I demand apology orbs.

edited February 2018
    Spoit wrote: »
    Fuck this TT and fuck rhajat's pity rate busting pull. Clarine suuuuuucks, and is a millstone around any attempts to do this fucking thing.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of this TT so far. I already swapped Clarine for Genny because screw it (I do like Clarine but mine does not have Physic or Dazzling Staff, plus Gravity is really helpful. I use Clarine for auto-battle still since the boosted stats means she can take several hits when the computer does a dumb). I keep losing on the time bonus because they included so many damn armors. A BIG FU to that one map with the two bridges and the enemy split top and bottom. Because I can only move one or two spaces (with armor march) at a time so I need to wait for them to come to me which wastes so many friggin' turns. I'm also finding the prevalence of ranged bonus units to be annoying since auto-battle LOVES to make them face-tank things and die. Roy is especially pretty fragile, but even Lyn is pretty bad. I think I'm replacing her with Eliwood once I get the 5* one and level him.

Edit: Also I'm kind of hoping "Brave" Tharja doesn't win that poll. Not because I wouldn't mind another one, but because I don't want to face a bazillion of them in arena :D Brave Lyn was bad enough!

Warlock82 on
    I'm using my usual core team of Firesweep Cordelia, Masked Marth and Axezura and I'm using VRoy as the bonus. I can usually get the round bonus but I've needed to use some reposition shenanigans like using Roy to throw Cordelia across the river on that bridge map. It helps that Cordelia with Galeforce and Heavy Blade seal can usually take out two units a turn.

My auto battle team is two Ninians, Klein, and Arvis.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2018
    Bleh, I keep wasting so much stamina on the Ursula quests. I managed to get Armor and Flier done, but still need the other two. Think I have a good strategy for Infantry but I did a dumb and forgot to take my healer's weapon off so the green mage would go after him instead of Fjorm :/

Be glad once I'm done with these since Ursula is the last one so I don't need to waste the stamina anymore.

Warlock82 on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    the GHB stuff is cycling for a year I think. so probably not a rush

camo_sig.png
    edited February 2018
    mts wrote: »
    the GHB stuff is cycling for a year I think. so probably not a rush

Yeah but I want to get it done right away so then I don't need to worry about it again :P

Oh, and I finally got a defense win so I can stop being paranoid about that. Kind of a relief :P It always stresses me out when I don't get one right away :P

Warlock82 on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    If Tharja wins, my V!Lyn is getting Close Counter.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Ike is probably going to win. Ike showed up in the top 20 three times. He was showing up in the top 5 twice. Now the divided Ike voters have one banner to consolidate under.

The question facing me now is whether I should give warding breath to Fae or my +RES A!Tiki?

3DS Friend Code: