As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel! Infinity War Trailer! Cap's Beard!

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    We could switch to song titles

Wolverine With No Name

Smells like Wolverine Spirit

Weapon YYZ

Howlett the Dog out?

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    As bad as this thread has been in the last few pages, I'm still more interested in reading it than I am in Marvel's latest efforts with Wolverine

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

to be fair the current crop of American fascists do have a bit of a hard on for Russia

Yeah, but they have their own trappings og white supremacy.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    So hey, those Black Panther reviews are coming on really strong. Like, "this might set Infinity War up to be a disappointment" kind of high bar (but not really. IW is just a different animal entirely, it's barely a movie release so much as an event). Got my ticket for Friday, and I'm letting the hype build now that we're close.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    The last few pages of the thread have been good, actually

Also shit Black Panther starts showing tomorrow, I gotta hit up my friend I see every Marvel movie with and make some plans.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'll probably throw a thread up for it tomorrow if no-one beats me to it, but yeah, I'm sort of half worried that it can't live up to the hype.

if it does though...

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    if Black Panther does nothing else, the way it annoys racists alone is worth it

DWA6l-pUMAAdWYV.jpg

BP came out here yesterday, but I'm working late whole week, so I'll have to pick an afternoon this weekend.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Wait, wait, wait... the fictional country isn't real?

I'm gonna have to stand up just so I can sit down.

euj90n71sojo.png
    But if Wakanda is not real, where do we get the vibranium for Captain America's shield?

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I don't understand that counter argument

Is it like a mustache twirling white dude "We would've gotten those Wakandans too, but they're not real!"

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't understand that counter argument

Is it like a mustache twirling white dude "We would've gotten those Wakandans too, but they're not real!"

Yes, essentially.

I mean, it's more along the idea that Africans, being an inferior race, would never have been able to accomplish something like Wakanda in the real world.

But there is some implicit colonialism there as well that I'm not sure was fully realized or intended.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I mean, that's the core idea of Wakanda, isn't it? "Here's what Africa could have been if Europeans hadn't come and fucked every last part of it up." But with the exclusive access to a mineral with unique properties, so they could kick it up a notch to full sci-fi.

In retrospect, I don't think the concept actually needed Vibranium. I feel like that was just an excuse, because if they'd just made Wakanda very prosperous and advanced without some kind of exclusive local macguffin, critics would have jumped on the alternate history aspect harder. Like, nobody ever threw a fit over Latveria having all this super science without sitting on vast deposits of Doomite Ore. But they get pissy about Wakanda all the damn time.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I mean, that's the core idea of Wakanda, isn't it? "Here's what Africa could have been if Europeans hadn't come and fucked every last part of it up." But with the exclusive access to a mineral with unique properties, so they could kick it up a notch to full sci-fi.

In retrospect, I don't think the concept actually needed Vibranium. I feel like that was just an excuse, because if they'd just made Wakanda very prosperous and advanced without some kind of exclusive local macguffin, critics would have jumped on the alternate history aspect harder. Like, nobody ever threw a fit over Latveria having all this super science without sitting on vast deposits of Doomite Ore. But they get pissy about Wakanda all the damn time.

I think there might be another reason for that

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Unsurprisingly, moviebob loved Black Panther, though he heaps an absolutely unrealistic amount of praise onto the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncUA6OeUayo

Undead Scottsman on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    This is worse than the steamed hams stuff in the YouTube thread. I could ignore those.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ...That isn't a gag.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

Yes

a... a great gag... couldn't not use that one!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    someone bring back the shitty wolverine movie titles please

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

An Officer and a Wolverine

The English Wolverine

Wolverine & Predjudice

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

not a moviebub fan i take it

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    edited February 2018
    Hugh Don't Know Jackman!

edit: Oh god, that must have been the title of an interview with him at least a dozen times, right?

Dizzy D on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    ...That isn't a gag.

It's barely a premise

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Did Movie Bob write all those ersatz names for different superheroes that the Marvel TV series use? The big, green guy and the flag waver.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Oh fuck, I forget who does the "review but using characters from an actor's previous film" bit on the forums.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Oh fuck, I forget who does the "review but using characters from an actor's previous film" bit on the forums.

texiken, I think

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Replacing Bob Chipman with a Film-Critic-Hulk-Like gimmick only it's a cranky Wolverine doing the reviews would be a massive improvement

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Replacing Bob Chipman with a Film-Critic-Hulk-Like gimmick only it's a cranky Wolverine doing the reviews would be a massive improvement

scanners head explode dot gif

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I hate Marvel vs DC arguments.

But I'm about to be all about Marvel Thread vs DC Thread.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

The Big Sniktbubski

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    The Wolverine Paradox

10 Wolverine Lane

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

I win either way, baybaaaaaay

CYpGAPn.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Wolverine the Vampire Slayer (complete with Angel spinoff for one of the love interest side characters)

Blankzilla wrote: »

what company did evil ernie

i'll make that thread

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

I choose the creator-owned thread

Bobble wrote: »
    Wolverine the Vampire Slayer (complete with Angel spinoff for one of the love interest side characters)

Wolverine with bone claws was weird enough, but wood?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Ice Station Wolverine
    Santa Claus vs. the Wolverines

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

I choose the creator-owned thread

Ah yes, the DC thread

This discussion has been closed.