As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Mario Bros. 3 Blind Boxes

2»

• MelonballerMelonballer Registered User new member
    I think the Big Luigi is pin #19. Bowser is #20. I think the leaf is only available if you buy a case. According to the store page, "Each case contains 24 pins with an extra special case pin".

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    chriswahl wrote: »
    Is Bowser larger than the Automata pin? That sucker is fairly huge. :)
    q0gu3xuhitnj.jpeg

thx42 on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think the Big Luigi is pin #19. Bowser is #20. I think the leaf is only available if you buy a case. According to the store page, "Each case contains 24 pins with an extra special case pin".

Big Luigi is the case pin, and I assume is 21/20.

The leaf is 19/20

• chriswahlchriswahl Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Wow, thanks @thx42 - pretty darn big!

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Looks like someone already posted a comparison... I only have a couple pins this time so I was going to compare this, haha:
    hhdxvavdv0x8.jpg

v6h3hfs2v597.png

Big Luigi is the case pin, and I assume is 21/20.

The leaf is 19/20

Cool. That makes sense too. I got the Bowser in my first group of boxes. I don't have the leaf yet. But if anyone needs a Frogsuit Mario or Hammer Bros Mario, I'm your guy. lol.

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Anyone starting up a distribution spreadsheet like the last blind box sets? That was helpful to find out the rarity was off last time.

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Asphoron wrote: »
    Anyone starting up a distribution spreadsheet like the last blind box sets? That was helpful to find out the rarity was off last time.

Yes, most of the data is being collected from the pinnypals slack #blindboxes channel.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WwDfnHG9-Q8-3-tbtNzSEPPy-idIhjSigGKIXN_2n-k

• chriswahlchriswahl Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Here's my pull from 2 cases.

CFshefd.jpg

Case #1
    nmHAAqw.jpg

Case #2
    xwVUgLz.jpg

Total
    • 10 Hammer Bro
    • 7 Wendy O. Koopa
    • 7 Fire Mario
    • 6 Bob-omb
    • 4 Small Luigi
    • 4 Boo
    • 3 Small Mario
    • 3 Racoon Mario
    • 2 Super Leaf
    • 2 Big Luigi (1 foil pouch per case)
    • 1 Red Para Goomba
    • 1 Princess Toadstool

TNV5r9H.jpg

• DashboardBroDashboardBro Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    aztuucowccyv.jpeg
    uzb94cvrhv7a.jpeg
    Here is my case pulls. Crazy how you know when you pull bowser just by the size of the wrapping around him lol he is a huge pin

DashboardBro on
  • Massive MendozaMassive Mendoza Registered User new member
    hewb0itl9dfb.jpeg

Really disappointed in the variety per case, and what it looks, like I’m not alone.
    Here is my case pulls. Crazy how you know when you pull bowser just by the size of the wrapping around him lol he is a huge pin
    chriswahl wrote: »
    Here's my pull from 2 cases.

You two want to trade? Funny we got big sweeping changes in our duplicates.

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    ln2s86ha8b3t.jpeg
    nz8v7ihawszm.jpeg
    aa0qeyhsutl2.jpeg
    2g1uvy02gpjl.jpeg

Looks like I'll need to trade a little for my second and third sets(expected Christmas gifts for some huge Mario fans). Who is up to swap? :biggrin:

Asphoron on
  • WhatsTheProblemOfficerWhatsTheProblemOfficer Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    pk5fc3t00jyg.jpeg
    74o3ahb29z93.jpeg

Overall really happy with my case. Got played hard by the Wendy O. Koopa and prematurely celebrated thinking it was Bowser before opening the wrap. Pulling the leaf on the 24th pin was pretty sweet though.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    I got 4 pinnys as an early christmas gift! I got the flying mario, boo, fire mario and the stone mario.

I really wanted the flying mario and Boo.

Trades for my stone and fire marios? The stone one is more rare, would be cool to trade... for a Bowser but I doubt that will happen XD

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    I got 4 pinnys as an early christmas gift! I got the flying mario, boo, fire mario and the stone mario.

Trades for my stone and fire marios? The stone one is more rare, would be cool to trade... for a Bowser but I doubt that will happen XD

So far, Statue Mario is slightly rarer than Bowser (the rarest in fact). About 1/40 vs 1/37.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    yutani san wrote: »

So far, Statue Mario is slightly rarer than Bowser (the rarest in fact). About 1/40 vs 1/37.

Oh wow! Hopefully I can trade mine for a bowser in that case :D

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    I purchased 8 boxes and these are my finds. I'm very happy with what I got. Im thrilled at the fact I got 2 Bowsers :D :P

https://pix.sfly.com/zn1kN0

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • PaulaCT22PaulaCT22 Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if there is a coupon code to get a discount when ordering a case of these pins? Thanks! :)

• zimzeezimzee Yonkers, NYRegistered User regular
    @PaulaCT22, there are no coupon codes unless you're a club PA member, in which you would get a $10 store gift card($30+ subscription) and the 5% store discount (any CLUB PA subscription).

2vikpdov4y8b.png
  • PaulaCT22PaulaCT22 Registered User new member
    Thanks for answer @zimzee

zimzee wrote: »
    @PaulaCT22, there are no coupon codes unless you're a club PA member, in which you would get a $10 store gift card($30+ subscription) and the 5% store discount (any CLUB PA subscription).
    5% off a $240 case is $12. So that is almost worth it alone. 2 cases, and it's cheaper to join Club PA first. However, the codes are not automatically sent out, a human has to process the subscriptions and send them. It usually takes several days.

So is anyone here looking for Frog Mario, Hammer Mario, or Flying Raccoon Mario? I have extras to trade. I am looking for Boo, Bob-omb, Hammer Bro, Tanooki Mario, Wendy O Koopa, Dry Bones, Princess Toadstool or Statue Mario.

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    ISO: Sealed Luigi case pin. Lanyard in signature :)

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • ArinochArinoch Registered User regular
    So far I got Bob-omb + Princess Toadstool, and Small Luigi + Boo.

I'm kind of bummed that even the small ones have two pin backs. A big one like Princess Toadstool I understand...but I can't really wear the double pin backed pins in my lapel. :(

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    e1i8uv9kwuxp.jpg I have another box case coming in to get the special pin but will be looking to trade for the ones I'm missing.

nomisro wrote: »
    e1i8uv9kwuxp.jpg I have another box case coming in to get the special pin but will be looking to trade for the ones I'm missing.

Do you need a Frog Mario or Raccoon flying Mario? I have both available. I also have an extra Hammer Bro Mario if you need another.

• nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I'm currently looking for super leaf and a toad. Anybody going to Pax South/East that wants to trade? Below are my duplicates for trade
    3mvt1butws8g.jpg

nomisro on
  • shaftoeshaftoe Registered User new member
    I have both of those as extras and I'll be at East. Need a bunch of your duplicates too :) I'm 'shaftoe' on pinnypals dot com so you can check out my other pins.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just got my case today:

Top row = left side of case front to back (for anyone breaking it down that much):

zMZgJri.jpg

Ordered by rarity:

1ARw3C3.jpg

Missing a few so that extra bowser might come in handy. Also I love how huge he is.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    I've had a few offers for my bowser so I've updated my pinnypals page and just letting everyone know it's now available. Priority given to the SMB3 pins I'm missing.

EDIT: Traded to @aleph0!

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    Bought three boxes at South, ended up with 3 Fire Mario, 2 Boo, and a Princess. Gotta love that diversity.

B2YfFSb.png
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I have a complete SMB3 Set for trade. This includes the Big Luigi.

• Teeg98Teeg98 Registered User new member
    I got my case in yesterday. Pretty happy with the selection. Still missing a few key pins.
    8XiNg7r.jpg
    Looking to do some trades to get the missing ones. If anyone has any extras of the ones I'm missing and is looking for any of the extras I have let me know.

• JAMES2018JAMES2018 Registered User new member
    Hi!
    Anybody could sell any of these pin models?:

-FLYING RACCOON MARIO
    -MARIO BOOT
    -MARIO TANOOKI STATUE
    -SUPER LEAF
    -BIG LUIGI
    -BOWSER
    -TOAD
    -TANOOKI MARIO SUIT
    -FROGGY MARIO SUIT
    -FIRE MARIO

Thanks for your help!

• marcush8545marcush8545 Registered User new member
    Wowzers....so sad to see such lack of dispersion in such expensive boxes.

Would love to potentially complete a full set. If anyone has a full or near full set of extras for sale I’d gladly make an offer ^_^

• mhdmhdmhdmhd Registered User new member
    Hello everyone,

I am interested only in 1 pin from the Penny Arcade x Super Mario Bros. 3 Series:

Kuribo (Shoe) Mario

If anybody could please sell me this pin (ebay is fine also) I would greatly appreciate it.

As a side note, I am also interested in the Gold Mario Pins from the PowerA Series 2 (Mario Kart) and PowerA Series 4 (Super Mario Bros. 3).

Thanks!

• supermario0130supermario0130 Registered User new member
    Hey!

I’m looking to complete my own set. Any one want to trade or sell any pins? I’m missing:

- fire leaf
    - Shoe mario
    - Bowser
    - Flying mario

I have duplicates of some pins if anyone is interested as well.

Larry Koopa
    Dry bones
    Frog suit Mario
    Racoon suit Mario

Would appreciate the help!

• TrinzlerTrinzler Registered User regular
    Anyone know if they're restocking the cases ?

Trinzler wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're restocking the cases ?

There are no current plans to restock Super Mario Bros 3 cases.