As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

im gay

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't actually mind recycling. We live in a state where you get money for turning in your cans, and my family goes through a lot of pop, so hey.

It's just that some environmentalists are super, super in your face about shit. My mom dropped me off (I don't have my license yet, okay? shut up) at the movie theatre with my older brother and my friend who were visiting from Wyoming, and we were accosted by a couple (both with dreadlocks) who said, verbatim, "MAAAN, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT THING IS FOR THE PLANET? YOU GUYS SHOULD DRIVE A HYBRID."

to which we replied, "Piss off, we're all over six feet tall and two of us are lumps of dough, how are we supposed to fit in a prius?" This was prior to the new SUV hybrids. If less hippies were self righteous and pushy, less people would want to light them on fire and drag them behind a truck.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I don't actually mind recycling. We live in a state where you get money for turning in your cans, and my family goes through a lot of pop, so hey.

It's just that some environmentalists are super, super in your face about shit. My mom dropped me off (I don't have my license yet, okay? shut up) at the movie theatre with my older brother and my friend who were visiting from Wyoming, and we were accosted by a couple (both with dreadlocks) who said, verbatim, "MAAAN, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT THING IS FOR THE PLANET? YOU GUYS SHOULD DRIVE A HYBRID."

to which we replied, "Piss off, we're all over six feet tall and two of us are lumps of dough, how are we supposed to fit in a prius?" This was prior to the new SUV hybrids. If less hippies were self righteous and pushy, less people would want to light them on fire and drag them behind a truck.
    You have given me much to think about, here.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    what the fuck is with this group of people against recycling jesus christ
    because it's so much effort i mean putting garbage into one of three boxes depending on what it's made of?

do i look like i'm made of money?
    I don't even have to do this anymore where I live! it's so awesome, you just toss it in one big bin like it's normal trash

redhead on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    teefs you know some big words

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hybrids are a joke

they are not justifiably any more fuel efficient than most other economical cars with the same amount of power. They only advantage they really have is during idling. And the increased cost and the ni-cad batteries that are really harmful don't outweigh the increased cost.

Once we get decent electric and fuel cell cars, then it will matter.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    what

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    hybrids are a joke

they are not justifiably any more fuel efficient than most other economical cars with the same amount of power. They only advantage they really have is during idling. And the increased cost and the ni-cad batteries that are really harmful don't outweigh the increased cost.

th... they aren't? I mean

what

yes they are? my mom's prius gets way better gas mileage than any other car we've ever owned

I'm not really sure how to respond to a claim like that

redhead on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

ah yes reacting to harmless proselytising like that is the totally mature route to go

thx dude

When I'm being fucking accosted by unwashed flower-children who were born too late to take the bad acid at Woodstock, I aint gonna be polite.

edit: PI, my sarcasm detector is measuring at over fifty Mega-Chandlers.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hell yea man... i went to a church the other day and asked the priest why he believed in god..then i asked .. have you ever heard of a guy named RICHARD DAWKINS

his head spun fck christians lol

man you'd beter watch what you say

dawkins says a lot of stuff thats wrong, i mean, people arent watches

and blind people cant make watches what is up with that

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Sustainability in space

So, apparently the empty vacuum of space now has intrinsic value to radical environmentalists.

"Oh no, if we strip mine an asteroid for all of its mineral value, a barren rock in space will be slightly smaller. Boo hoo."

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

ah yes reacting to harmless proselytising like that is the totally mature route to go

thx dude

When I'm being fucking accosted by unwashed flower-children who were born too late to take the bad acid at Woodstock, I aint gonna be polite.
    ah yes you sure are the bigger man

When did I ever claim to be the better man during this whole quote tree? Ever? :|

It's the equivalent of you walking around and having some old guy call you a wierdo faggot for wanting to get a sex-change operation. Some dude you don't know getting all agressive because of how you live. Think on that.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    That's not the same thing at all.

Communism is not the logical conclusion of a country having an army.
    SURE IT IS, MAAAAAN. ALL SOLDIERS ARE FASCISTS, MAAAAAN. WE SHOULD RECYCLE AND WEAR OUR OWN SHED SKIN AND HAIR INSTEAD OF GROWING COTTON OR WEARING WOOL, MAAAAAAN. PATCHULI OIL IS RAD, I LOVE HACKEY SACK AND SUCKING DICKS AND SMOKING POT.

Hahaha, laughing at that incredibly loudly got some odd looks.

I imagine the poles shifting would screw up the van allen belts for a while, increased cancer rate and such for a while until it restabilised.

L|ama on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    teefs, i think what he is trying to say is that those hippies were gonna complain and say something no matter what he did. so he went with what he thought would be the funny option.

fuck the dude already said he did green shit, he just doesn't want to be accosted by pricks.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sustainability in space

So, apparently the empty vacuum of space now has intrinsic value to radical environmentalists.

"Oh no, if we strip mine an asteroid for all of its mineral value, a barren rock in space will be slightly smaller. Boo hoo."
    nothing in the article talks about the intrinsic value of a vacuum. the woman they quote was explaining that planets (which are not empty space) do not have infinite resources available to exploit, so it's in humanity's best interest not to view them that way (nothing about "intrinsic value"). I also don't know where you got the "radical environmentalists" part.

basically, everything in your post was wrong.

redhead on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    man if the poles shifted how would i find my way around?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

thx dude

When did I ever claim to be the better man during this whole quote tree? Ever? :|

It's the equivalent of you walking around and having some old guy call you a wierdo faggot for wanting to get a sex-change operation. Some dude you don't know getting all agressive because of how you live. Think on that.

Except the fact that he wants a sex-change operation doesn't affect the environment, and therefore everyone in the world.

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    teefs, now you are just being an asshole.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    redhead wrote: »
    Sustainability in space

nothing in the article talks about the intrinsic value of a vacuum. the woman they quote was explaining that planets (which are not empty space) do not have infinite resources available to exploit, so it's in humanity's best interest not to view them that way (nothing about "intrinsic value"). I also don't know where you got the "radical environmentalists" part.

if we do destroy a planet that's uninhabitable, is that a problem? It's an ethical issue

The fact that someone sees an ethical issue in "destroying" (removing most of the mineral value from a planet's near surface would hardly "destroy" it) a planet with no life that's uninhabitable to humans is, at the very least, a strong implication that the person making that statement assigns some intrinsic value to untouched rocks.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

thx dude

Except the fact that he wants a sex-change operation doesn't affect the environment, and therefore everyone in the world.

His space is still being invaded by someone who will never be convinced that he's wrong.

Being told I'm killing the earth is no different than some some picketer calling two gay men being married queers and sinners, or a bunch of protestors calling a dead soldier a murderer at his own funeral.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

thx dude

Yeah MM, you should take the route of zen-like calm acceptance, like Teefs did when South Park questioned the merits of gender reassignment surgery.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hybrids are a joke

what

yes they are? my mom's prius gets way better gas mileage than any other car we've ever owned

Something to do with swapping from petrol to electric and changes the flux yada yada. I've heard the new Diesel BMWs and such are more efficient than hybrids.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Butler wrote: »

thx dude

Yeah MM, you should take the route of zen-like calm acceptance, like Teefs did when South Park questioned the merits of gender reassignment surgery.

heh

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I like that his reason for not owning a hybrid is that he likes cheese burgers.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Fuuuuck, what have I started? :|

edit: PI, they'd be impractical for my family is the point I was making with my statement. Also, yes, cheesburgers are delicious and should be held aloft as man's greatest accomplishment since the discovery of fire.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    hybrids are a joke

what

The original ridiculously high mpg estimates they gave like 60mpg and all that were largely based off of old epa standards that weighed highly on how much fuel was used during idling. And for a hybrid, that is of course none.

The still have good mpg, its just not the answer to our problems. The increased cost is a large factor. Someday when you have to buy your own cars, you'll understand this.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Fuck coal.

dirty motherfucker.

Fabricate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Man, I'm gonna buy some genetically modified vegetables and make the best stir fry tonight.

You can taste the science.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

edit: PI, they'd be impractical for my family is the point I was making with my statement. Also, yes, cheesburgers are delicious and should be held aloft as man's greatest accomplishment since the discovery of fire.

nothing, teefs is just being stupid

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Fabricate, everytime i see your avatar i think it is a burger of some sort.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I'm not going to let logic get in the way of a good joke.

Never have. Never will.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Sustainability in space

if we do destroy a planet that's uninhabitable, is that a problem? It's an ethical issue
    The fact that someone sees an ethical issue in "destroying" (removing most of the mineral value from a planet's near surface would hardly "destroy" it) a planet with no life that's uninhabitable to humans is, at the very least, a strong implication that the person making that statement assigns some intrinsic value to untouched rocks.
    they were raising a question. you obviously feel that the answer is no, that there is no value to an uninhabitable planet. that's fine; it's not going to be relevant for a while anyway. nothing in that article indicates that they're the kind of extremists you were attempting to paint them as, and it's clear from the phrasing that she hasn't decided for herself how she feels about it anyway. I'm still not sure why you reacted so strongly to that, or why you chose to misrepresent basically everything in the article when you posted it.

redhead on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Why can't we just burn the Welsh?

They're lousy with energy.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

I'm not going to let logic get in the way of a good joke.

Never have. Never will.

And I applaud you for it sir, with the fat 'neath my arms jiggling its approval.

edit: Teefs, I never claimed it was mature, the way I reacted. You have to remember that I am a fat, bitter, immature young man. True, I could have responded much more calmly, and much more rationally, but I didn't. It's as simple as that.

Metzger Meister on