As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Per Twitter, World of Illusions: Ifrit will be opening up tonight.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Ifrit is live. Also, new banner, Cloud, Sazh, and Yda.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    This game is so generous with the gems

And tickets scratch that gacha itch

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »

Used a couple of tickets on the Yuna banner, didn't get any 5*, but got Vaan's 4* shield so at least he has a gold border now. :)

On a related note, but holy cow does using Vaan make getting target scores a looooot easier now. I not sure about how he does on harder bosses and what not, but he just tears through regular mobs. This almost makes up for how much I hated him in FF12 because he took the spotlight away from much more interesting characters.

Almost.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Is the new Cloud weapon worth a pull? It seems like it makes his BRV attacks more useful after the enemy's already broken, but considering he's on a banner with Yda and Sazh it looks pretty risky.

• Options

I am surprised by how much people complain that global FFRK does not get the daily missions that the JP version gets, when there are basically no complaints about how the JP version gets a free single pull on every banner

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

I am surprised by how much people complain that global FFRK does not get the daily missions that the JP version gets, when there are basically no complaints about how the JP version gets a free single pull on every banner

Mythril leads to a guaranteed 5* eventually, where you're quite likely to miss every single free pull.

• Options

Mythril leads to a guaranteed 5* eventually, where you're quite likely to miss every single free pull.

It takes 7 weeks at one per day to get an 11 draw. Two free singles per week in that time is fourteen draws. The expected value is actually pretty similar (though you have no control over where your hits are gonna be, of course).

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Probably because we did get daily missions for a short time, and they were great, so we know how much it sucks not to have them.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    In other news, I think I'm going to uninstall this. I don't hate the game, but I don't think it's healthy for my life to invest a ton of time in this, when I'm already more committed to another gacha I don't want to drop. I liked the visuals (everyone is FF9 sprites, basically), and actual voice actors for the characters is great. The story is a puff piece, so no loss there.

I missed clearing the last two stages of the World of Illusion Carbuncle, and didn't grind enough easy orbs to level up my 5* weapons to make the Squall and Vanille events manageable. And if I can't full clear limited time events, I will legit get anxiety over this game. However, the thought of running Hope Dojo for hours is soul crushing.

Plus I think "getting old" is sinking in and I am becoming legit stupid at video games, and that is frustrating me to no end.

I'll probably make a final call in the next day or so, but if someone wants to take over thread management, I probably won't be making sequel threads (other than copy pasting the OP again, but that's no fun and the game deserves better).

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018

Fucking 'A, it is. These multiple 500 gem initial clears in the new Ifrit event are super great, and so many tickets too aaaaahhh

Plus we're getting events pretty fast! There's speculation that they might be trying to catch us up to JP, which would be great.

Honestly this game keeps showing up FFRK for me. Almost zero load times, 60 FPS, play when you want, discount gem bundles, more concise banners... The weapon enhance grind is atrocious, but something has to be. And 5% relic rate compared to 14% sounds terrible, but the item you want is a 30% hit after that, instead of a 1% hit. And dupes help you improve the things you want to. Feels much better.

Rius on
  • Options
    pulled on the vanille banner on a lark

2x vanille

she seems super useful in literally any content that involves dangerous buffs that need to be dispelled, yet on altema she's rated pretty low at 69/100

does japan know something that we don't?

• Options
    Wrapped up Squall 5 with WoL, Squall and Terra, and Vanille 5 with Terra, Vanille and Yuna.

This'll surprise nobody, but Yuna is a gangbusters party BRV battery, and she gets SEVEN uses by Crystal 20. And her second ability gives one ally 50% more BRV then they currently have. Even without her staff, she's super useful.

Vanille's Deprotectga/Dispel combo is really great as well, and she easily earns a slot if the enemy has any sort of strong buff. If you have her weapon, you get an ATK down debuff on the boss too.

Basically if you haven't got the weapons for Yuna/Vanille, I can recommend pulling for them. Hope seems less important but he's an alternate BRV battery if you don't need status cures.

• Options

2x vanille

she seems super useful in literally any content that involves dangerous buffs that need to be dispelled, yet on altema she's rated pretty low at 69/100

Perhaps someone does her job better over there? Global already introduced a second Dispel option, narrow as it is. For now in Global I'd rate her much higher than that.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Have just been playing stuff blind, I feel a lot better just trying and attempting harder stages blind when there's no cost (but some can be a little time consuming). I want to say it's more fun than something like FFBE where I spend a lot of time researching and planning stuff first, but maybe it's more of a different kind of fun because I enjoy that a lot too.

Ifirit event was smooth sailing until the 70 ex stage, I didn't really plan it out well and underestimated it. Had used too many of my specials early and wasn't really equipped to deal with the health regen at the end. Did it again with a slow & steady party (and vanille) and did it with no breaks, but just missed the turn count so will go back at some point when I have some time for the tickets. Fun though.

Event is nice but feels like it'll be a good bit of grinding.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I've been quietly loving this game, it's pretty much everything I'd want in a FF mobile game, especially since I've basically fallen off Record Keeper at this point.

Right now my main team is Zidane with a completely maxed out Crossblade, Squall and Terra, everyone gemmed up to lvl 30ish. Managed to pull enough on Vanille to limit break her weapon twice and she just makes her event fights child's play, but she's pretty limited otherwise. There's just so many options, I want to play with at least half the cast but it's just so easy with my main crew that everyone else is lvl 10 or less.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited February 2018

2x vanille

I mean, it's an Altema ranking, you know how those are from FFRK. The formula might as well be (100 - number of weeks since character was featured). Vanille hasn't gotten her level 60 upgrade yet in JP, so of course she's rated poorly. Vivi was rated very poorly until he got his level 60 upgrade about a week ago, now he's one of their top units.

Vanille is super good in global right now because all of the current hardest content (Berserker Armor and Chimera) has really nasty self-buffs that you'd like to dispel. There's at least one other option for dealing with that, though (the new Cloud sword). Will enemy buffs be an important thing regularly in the future? I haven't looked into it enough to say.

IMO the main problem with Vanille is that if there isn't anything for her to dispel, she's not great since Dispel doesn't do much (is it even more damage than a basic attack?) and Deprotect is much weaker than other characters' debuffs. A secondary problem is that most of the passives in her crystal kinda suck. Her unique 35 CP weapon solves one of those problems (adds AOE BRV gain to Dispel, making it much less awful for general use) but not the other issues.

Fry on
  • Options
    I’ve really been slacking on the crystal dailies though, but I probably have a tough enough A Team at this point where I can even auto battle the 50

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I picked this up yesterday due to being bored in FFBE (and the cash thing today from FFBE only made my decision feel even better).

Two questions. What are link bells used for, and what are the cycle keys for?

• Options
    Link bells are used to host multiplayer content. Hosting any multiplayer fights uses 1 bell, and each day your cache is brought back up to 5, so you can host up to 5 fights per day. being a guest in another persons MP fight doesn't use them.

Cycle keys are used if you want to do more cycle quests (the ones that give crystals or gil) more than 10 times a day. 1 key unlocks a single day for 30 minutes

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »
    I picked this up yesterday due to being bored in FFBE (and the cash thing today from FFBE only made my decision feel even better).

Two questions. What are link bells used for, and what are the cycle keys for?

Link Bells are required to host multiplayer. I don't feel it's necessary to burn through them all every day, play as much or as little as you want.

Cycle Keys let you unlock one of the "Pursuit of (Color) Crystals" dungeons for 30 minutes. You can do an unlimited number of runs in that time period. If there's a particular character whose crystal STR you want to work on, that's a great way to do it. Protip: combine with the support item "Book of Treasure" which doubles the item drop rate and also lasts for 30 minutes.

• Options
    Alright. Thanks! That makes sense now.

• Options
    I swear to god, using the link bells used to give you 200 gems for each time you were grouped with a new player. I farmed several thousand gems in a very short time, but that seemed to stop after a few days

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I don't think those were related to link bells, just the 'first meet' bonuses. Someone said they've reset a few times in JP. (so related in the sense that using a link bell for coop let you meet new people, but you could get the bonuses as a guest too).

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Pretty sure the "first meet" thing was just for the first 20 players, and that was intentional. It would be insane (and awesome) if you could keep farming that indefinitely.

• Options
    Do the item upgrade gems not count towards "inventory"? Its giving me a warning and saying my inventory is full, and I just went through and used up my 20+ gems and its still saying my inventory is full.

• Options
    I'm fairly sure generic weapon/armor mats do not count against inventory limit, even though they are displayed on that page for some reason. If you're hitting the limit, you probably need to go through and mulch some of your 2*/3* gear.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Can confirm they do not. If you squint you can see on that screen where they say you can have up to 999 of any orb (even though they don't y'know STACK THEM)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Milestone!

zqzqt03tdaaa.png

I've also been saving gems but throwing tickets at the latest banner, and I just got Cloud's new weapon =)

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Geez

9 tickets from squalls event, 9 from vanille, and 19 from this ifrit event. Not even a 4*

Javen on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Ifrit EX cleared but lost the actions/score threshold gems

WoL/Vanille/Bartz

Conserved abilities through the first waves, then on Chimera I kept WoL buckler and shield up to tank everything, kept the boss debuffed and dispelled, broke BRV with mastery doublehand/missile

Pushed the last part with a Zidane friend and level 11 Ifrit

Beasteh on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Went and followed everyone on the spreadsheet. My ID is 899250553, if anyone cares!

• Options
    Ended up uninstalling this after all. I bid you all good luck! It looked like a fun game, but I have things I want to do besides Gachas, so doing more than one seems an impossible time commitment for me.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Ifrit EX completeo

Squall/Vanille/Bartz with a Cloud friend (called purely for finishing touch during the Ifrit summon at 20%)

Bartz really shines when you deliberately let the boss BRV break you and just break it right back to save turns

Beasteh on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ifrit EX completeo

Squall/Vanille/Bartz with a Cloud friend (called purely for finishing touch during the Ifrit summon at 20%)

Bartz really shines when you deliberately let the boss BRV break you and just break it right back to save turns

How bad would you say it is compared to part...6? I think is the highest before EX

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I cleared Ifrit, but man it was really coming down to the wire

Definitely didn't complete it. Gonna have to get red crystals to get Vanille to crystal lvl 20 I think to get dispel.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Ended up uninstalling this after all. I bid you all good luck! It looked like a fun game, but I have things I want to do besides Gachas, so doing more than one seems an impossible time commitment for me.

Not a bad idea. Especially with how fast they’re throwing events at us.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Ifrit EX completeo

How bad would you say it is compared to part...6? I think is the highest before EX

Part 6 is super tame compared to the EX, if you've played FFRK it's like Ultimate level compared to Apocalypse/Torment

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Can anyone tell me what the bells are for? I'm still unsure.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the bells are for? I'm still unsure.

Someone answered this up above for me. They said they're used for hosting co-op battles I think? I've not tried to use one yet.