As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Last night was the first time I've been able to do resistance properly. @Erevar and I ran Pier and in 4/5 runs opened the reward chest twice and got tier 2 rewards cache. I got 5 exotics and a couple classified pieces. Erevar got at least 4 new classified pieces.

When done right it's easily the most rewarding thing for the time in the game

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    it definitely is the most rewarding thing in terms of exotics and classifieds

I wish other game modes had similar reward rates just to encourage doing what you want

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Love when some dude pulls a landmark out into the street on top of you in Survival. Especially when you just jumped over the wall. Oh well, got enough points to finish the weekly for another *drumroll* Historian yay.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I've played a bunch of Resistance and it tends to just give me crap and an elusive classified at times.

I think I've only gotten one exotic there ever.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    After my GPU died a month ago I've been hankering to play this and several other games for awhile now.

Checking this thread has not helped that fact.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I've played a bunch of Resistance and it tends to just give me crap and an elusive classified at times.

I think I've only gotten one exotic there ever.

How many waves do you make it usually? How many times do you usually open the reward crate?

• Options
    Wave 10+ at least for the tier 2 cache, opening the chest at least twice per run.

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Quite enjoying the D3-FNC build for the DZ - nothing quite like chewing through landmarks with reckless abandon. Though there was a squad of Rogues rolling through when I was in earlier, which basically meant you could hit one or two before you needed to Extract just so that they didn't catch wind of the map icons going dark.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Wave 10+ at least for the tier 2 cache, opening the chest at least twice per run.

Yeah this appears to be the go-to rando group thing too; the variations as the *how* can differ (some groups like to keep fighting in the welcome center on Carrier, for example, while others open the storage room right away and fight there). About 15 minutes of work, on average for 3 good caches (2 rewards chests from the mission, and one T2 cache).

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    If you can solo it you can get like 4, 5 chests open in the same time period

Even 2 people is more efficient - 3 chests.

Of course its more risky...

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I went into the DZ the other night intending to just knock out enough Rikers for the Weekly. "I won't pick up any gear," I thought. "Then I won't be annoyed if I get ganked."

It seemed like a wise choice, actually - there was a lot of PvP action, and I even got murdered by some checkpoint campers.

And then the Named Elite at the sports store dropped an MDR. Shit.

I didn't even check the roll on it; I didn't want to be upset if I lost it. But I managed to sneak it out from the CERA supply center EZ while all the PvP was happening a kilometer away. I was so stoked!

And then I learned it was GS 260 and had two crit-related perks.

You know what? I don't even care. I re-rolled one of those perks to Ferocious and by God I am going to play with that thing.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I went into the DZ the other night intending to just knock out enough Rikers for the Weekly. "I won't pick up any gear," I thought. "Then I won't be annoyed if I get ganked."

It seemed like a wise choice, actually - there was a lot of PvP action, and I even got murdered by some checkpoint campers.

And then the Named Elite at the sports store dropped an MDR. Shit.

I didn't even check the roll on it; I didn't want to be upset if I lost it. But I managed to sneak it out from the CERA supply center EZ while all the PvP was happening a kilometer away. I was so stoked!

And then I learned it was GS 260 and had two crit-related perks.

You know what? I don't even care. I re-rolled one of those perks to Ferocious and by God I am going to play with that thing.

Yeah mine rolled with subpar perks as well, but it still shreds.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Anyone know what the 3-4gb update (Xbox) was about? Seems too little for it to be the X Enhancement update, I guess.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Al_wat wrote: »
    If you can solo it you can get like 4, 5 chests open in the same time period

Even 2 people is more efficient - 3 chests.

Of course its more risky...

Two people sharing loot technically makes it more efficient. Also more fun. =)
    Anyone know what the 3-4gb update (Xbox) was about? Seems too little for it to be the X Enhancement update, I guess.

I read on reddit that it fixes a classified Alpha Bridge glitch.

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Anyone know how to get Steam to recognize that someone owns The Division?

My buddy bought it through Uplay and someone gifted him the season pass on Steam but Steam won't let him install the DLC.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone know how to get Steam to recognize that someone owns The Division?

My buddy bought it through Uplay and someone gifted him the season pass on Steam but Steam won't let him install the DLC.

Your buddy can't redeem the season pass key in Uplay?

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    If was gifted directly through Steam and it doesn't look like there's a key that came with it.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    If was gifted directly through Steam and it doesn't look like there's a key that came with it.

Hmm...that's not a good sign. Last I checked, you can't redeem Uplay keys with Steam.

edit - to complete my thought, you can only copy and redeem the Steam key in Uplay

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure you can.

Maybe contact steam support?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Yeah he just found the product code and tried to activate it in Steam and nadda.

I guess he needs to decline the gift and hope whoever gifted it to him can get a refund.

• Options
    Yeah he just found the product code and tried to activate it in Steam and nadda.

I guess he needs to decline the gift and hope whoever gifted it to him can get a refund.

The alternative would be to roll the dice and have the gift just be the season pass code sent to your friend. I tend to do that a bit via Humble or GMG...so not sure if that's even viable through Steam.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    hi, I just bought this on Xbox because it was on sale and I put enough time into the free weekends that I was gear level 260-something and I figured I should toss them a thank you.
    Does anyone do incursions anymore? None of the LFG sites have anyone on them (really doing anything at all)

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I don't use it because I'm allergic to randos, but my understanding is that most people use the in-game match-making to run Incursions.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    So do I like have to be in a group to do anything in the DZ? All the areas with the Rikers I need for the weekly are full of bosses, and as soon as I get any loot 3+ man groups of Rogues just show up and annihilate me. (Was it really worth showing up at the end of my extraction to steal my 2 blue caches, assholes?)
    Tell me how to have fun in the Dark Zone.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So do I like have to be in a group to do anything in the DZ? All the areas with the Rikers I need for the weekly are full of bosses, and as soon as I get any loot 3+ man groups of Rogues just show up and annihilate me. (Was it really worth showing up at the end of my extraction to steal my 2 blue caches, assholes?)

It depends on your build and current gear score, but once you get up there (like around 275+) the enemies start to be a bit of a joke, even in DZ08 and DZ09; you should be able to handle them just fine. The problem you'll start to run into is that while you're doing it, your chance of being snuck up on and melted by rogue agents goes up exponentially. I'd say for now, if you want to farm the DZ, up your gear score and find some nice synergies with a gear set (https://division-builds.com/), and just accept that you're probably going to get murdered quite a bit during your excursions.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Not going to the Dark Zone is the only way to have fun in the Dark Zone is what I want to say.

However, when you're working the dark zone, assess the situation in the DZ instance you've been put into before investing a lot of time and effort into getting PKed. I prefer the far north zones because people usually don't bother you up there. Unless they do.

Watch the kill feed in the bottom of the screen, in addition to providing information on who has died, it gives an approximate distance between you and the people fighting. Usually it's a continual skirmish. If they are less than .4 KM away from you... it's very likely that you will encounter them, especially if you trigger an extraction. If there's a bunch of fighting within the same zone as you, stay away from the safe zones. Respawn at checkpoint entrances. when they kill you, watch them to see which way they go.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I really like the dark zone, but I only go in with at least 3.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Right now I'm at gear score 275 or so, depending on the guns I'm using (usually an M60 and either an MP5 or ACR), with a 4-piece Firecrest set. Still using just gold guns, I've only got one exotic so far (Prakhan) and it's like 260 or so. Probably not the best PVP loadout, lol

• Options
    Also if you're really getting ganked a lot in your instance during extractions?

Start setting off an extraction at every single extraction point you come across and then leave to go to another point.

Whenever I'd run into a crew of rogues that was attacking extractions I'd usually spend about 45 minutes lazily doing this while watching Netflix or whatever and all the rogues tended to just leave or start trying to camp entrances.

tbh there is no guaranteed way to have fun in the DZ. If you set foot in there you kind of have to be ok with some assholes fucking up your night for no reason other than they enjoy being assholes because that's literally what the DZ was built around.

• Options
    tbh there is no guaranteed way to have fun in the DZ. If you set foot in there you kind of have to be ok with some assholes fucking up your night for no reason other than they enjoy being assholes because that's literally what the DZ was built around.

And this, right here, is why I would only run the DZ when I had 4-piece Banshee's Shadow. Then Massive fucked the set over...and I have yet to go back into the DZ since then.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Just run around doing landmarks, contamination events or supply drops. Gear goes straight into your inventory so there's no need to extract anything.

If a bunch of rogue's kill you, so what? You don't lose anything except the time it takes to re-spawn at a different checkpoint and go in a different direction.

The only time I would extract something is if a classified dropped that I didn't already have or a decent roll of an exotic, I'm not going to extract that 5th Skulls MC gloves, Ferro's Mask or even an MDR with 2 shitty talents. Even 90% of the classifieds and exotics that drop I would leave on the ground because they're just going to be literal trash to be scrapped to me.

• Options
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Just run around doing landmarks, contamination events or supply drops. Gear goes straight into your inventory so there's no need to extract anything.

If a bunch of rogue's kill you, so what? You don't lose anything except the time it takes to re-spawn at a different checkpoint and go in a different direction.

The only time I would extract something is if a classified dropped that I didn't already have or a decent roll of an exotic, I'm not going to extract that 5th Skulls MC gloves, Ferro's Mask or even an MDR with 2 shitty talents. Even 90% of the classifieds and exotics that drop I would leave on the ground because they're just going to be literal trash to be scrapped to me.

Wait, I think I missed something in a previous patch...

Did Massive remove the DZ XP and credits loss? I mean, I have to admit, I tune out as soon as I see the reference to DZ in the patch notes, so it is very likely that I missed it if they did.

• Options
    I think they did but yeah I haven't taken the time to go through all the patch notes either.

• Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    I'm new to the game, just reached level 25 but I think you only lose xp and dz credits if you have gone rogue. Maybe not even xp? As I said, quite new. Been having a lot of fun in DZ (level 34), which I was not expecting at all, but from reading your comments maybe that fun ends when you get to level 30? Hope not, been enjoying the game a lot more than I thought.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Did Massive remove the DZ XP and credits loss? I mean, I have to admit, I tune out as soon as I see the reference to DZ in the patch notes, so it is very likely that I missed it if they did.

Yeah they changed that ages ago, back in 1.7 ish I think? Most you loose now is a handful of credits. That coupled with the rogue 2.0 changes mean you'll generally get a chance to see gankers coming and not loose much if they do corner you.

Might be the times I play, but I don't usually have a problem with Rogues, they are there, sure, but as mentioned up thread, keeping an eye on the death feed and the little white radar pings means you can usually work around them in my experience.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular

Yeah they changed that ages ago, back in 1.7 ish I think? Most you loose now is a handful of credits. That coupled with the rogue 2.0 changes mean you'll generally get a chance to see gankers coming and not loose much if they do corner you.

Might be the times I play, but I don't usually have a problem with Rogues, they are there, sure, but as mentioned up thread, keeping an eye on the death feed and the little white radar pings means you can usually work around them in my experience.

I find a lot of tension and excitement from avoiding rogue players, since they show on the map during a man hunt. But if the whole map is just people running around in four man teams killing other players maybe not so much but haven't seen that yet. I have far more moments of people thanking me for helping them or players helping me than being ganked. Hoping it will last.

• Options

While this is true what this actually boils down to when you're in the DZ solo is four people do a wave emote at you while you watch their "We're gonna fucking kill you" bars quickly fill up and then they kill you.

Don't get me wrong not losing xp or a bunch of credits is an awesome change but even rogue 2.0 means that while playing solo you get a brief grimace before some assholes kill you.

• Options
    Yeah, PvP in this game is, regardless of what people will tell you, still heavily gear influenced. People who are "good" at the PvP part of this game will tell you it's skill, but really, if you're new to the top tiers of the DZ (or Last Stand, for that matter) and you're rocking PvE-centric gear sets or weapon talents you're going to have a bad time with someone who has a house/aug and LWM4 combo with like a 70% CHC and 150% CHD and 4/6 piece pred or striker set.

• Options
    Info on the Classified drop rate changes has been announced, as well as changes to Div Tech drops and Legendary drops

Changes were needed

There are many Classified Gear Sets in the game and it is hard to get the final piece that you are missing
    They looked at the drop rates and have basically doubled them.

New Classified Gear Set Drop Rates

Drop rates of Classified items has been increased across the board to 6% (from 3%).
    The Mission Reward of Legendaries has now a 20% chance to drop a Classified item.
    Season Pass supply drops, have a 10% chance to drop a Classified item.

Division Tech

Season Pass supply drops give 100 D-tech.
    Daily assignments give 25 D-tech.
    Weekly assignments give 100 D-tech.

Exotics

All Exotics have been added to the Light Zone bosses.
    All Vendor Exotics have been removed from the loot pool – you can just buy them from the vendor

New Caches

During GE
    900 Token Caches have been removed (1500 Token Caches are still there)
    Targeted Gear Set caches have been added, that give you a guaranteed Classified Piece of a specific set
    Each Global Event will have 4 caches available for the corresponding Gear Sets.
    You can only get the Classified Sets that are also assigned to the Global Event
    Offseason
    A Classified Cache will be available from the Special Equipment Vendor for 2500 Phoenix Credits. It guarantees a Classified Item from the whole Classified Gear Set pool.

Global Event token

Global Event token rewards for Resistance bosses increased to 100.

Which all looks absolutely marvelous, especially the season pass buffs, as that was pretty lacking. But the real winner is the bolded, no more vendor drops hurrah!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Is that live yet?