As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own [chat] 3

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    "Nearest IMAX" is like 15 mins away, btw.

If I wanted to, I could go to a difference IMAX 20-25 minutes away that has similar availability.

Is nobody going to see this movie in Chicago??

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    must be location

here's what my nearest imax looks like for tonight at the same time as yours

Bxga6I0.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This is the seating chart for tonight's 10:45 showing of Black Panther at my nearest IMAX:

vjYJB5I.png

Yes, the blue squares are available seats.

How is this possible?

Get on it.

This is the seating chart for my showing tonight in DLX

krfyhsyao3h5.png

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nope. They're from the mirror universe and you die screaming in an agony booth while they laugh and clap with their big fat evil hands. Serves you right for not boldly going.

Your adventure ends here, and you are a disgrace to the uniform.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Gotta say the Alamo Drafthouse has a pretty good "This theatre is now a quiet zone" for Black Panther.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    must be location

here's what my nearest imax looks like for tonight at the same time as yours

Bxga6I0.jpg

I can't imagine buying IMAX tickets in the first 2 or 3 rows. That viewing angle is bad enough on a regular screen. On an IMAX it's like...what are you doing? You can't see the fucking movie!

Anyway I'm sorry friendo. Although it would be remiss of me not to make a snarky comment about how this wouldn't be a problem if you were living in Chicago instead of not-Chicago. Guess that's what betrayal gets you.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Anyway I'm sorry friendo. Although it would be remiss of me not to make a snarky comment about how this wouldn't be a problem if you were living in Chicago instead of not-Chicago. Guess that's what betrayal gets you.

my own petard : (

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I should get serious about learning french, and not just 10'000 xp in duolingo "serious"

partly because I've slightly learned french for, like, the last thirteen years and at some point I should like, just learn it

also now that I talk with E all the time I have a use for it, too. It would even the playing field a bit, language wise. She's quite decent at norwegian, but decent isn't always up to making me and my dialect legible, and my english is better than hers, so communication is slightly hampered at times. I'd enjoy talking to her in a language where I'm worse at it.

If I learned german we'd be perfectly matched in terms of languages we speak well and not so well

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going to snag tickets as soon as Zamp confirms he's willing to shell out the extra for IMAX tix, which are p expensive ($20 here, $18 at the other IMAX).

The regular showing is $14 though, so I dunno, feels worth it to me.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I gotta say tho, the theaters leather recliners/huge seats/7 feet of legroom between each row makes watching movies a damn pleasure.

I remember the theater seats at the brand new AMC IMAX 13 back in Oklahoma and man they were sucky compared to this one.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Oh, for fuck's sake. If you're not going to get into the spirit of things don't even bother playing. You are vaporised, obviously.

Your adventure ends here. Starfleet isn't for kidding around, you know.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Holy hell therr is an insane pro union commercial on tv right now

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I ENDORSE THIS CHAT

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I almost idly wondered if we should go see Black Panther in theatres but then I remembered I paid for last night so

Any future date nights this month are Ladyfish's treat >_>

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Sleep wrote: »
    Got ready to go to the gym, and purchased my black panther tickets for tomorrow's matinee

I was hoping to go see black panther tomorrow with sarah, but theaters are almost sold out

the only seats available are separate seats in the first row, if any

I have this small theater near me in Salem, it is super old school, like it has all the necessary projectors for modern movies, but it isn't stadium seating, and it has the old school seats, but the popcorn has real butter, the prices are low, and i probably could have gone to see black panther last night on a whim without pre purchasing my tickets. Also it has an attached cafe that's always showing some old movie or tv show and where i can get a nice espresso filled treat for the movie.

Like i didn't even pre buy my tickets for the last Jedi

They also make awesome chalk art signs for the viewing rooms

Sleep on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    speaking of black panther i will be seeing that movie today and delivering my scorching hot take sometime tonight

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    speaking of black panther i will be seeing that movie today and delivering my scorching hot take sometime tonight

Blank Pather

• Options
    edited February 2018
    The drone explodes in a pleasingly violent and morally neutral way. You blow the tip of your phaser for no reason and twirl it before putting it back on your belt. You very nearly think of an excellent throwaway line, something about robots and short-circuiting perhaps, but the moment passes. It's becoming clear that this city seems entirely barren of organic life, which leads you to two disturbing conclusions.

1. That something, or someone, has exterminated the indigenous living beings that once called this place home.
    2. There will be no opportunity to teach anyone about the Earth thing you call love.

On top of this, you notice your tricorder has translated what seems to be anti-Starfleet graffiti. "Curse Starfleet!" and "Death to the Death Bringer!" are the most popular. As far as you know Starfleet has never landed on this planet before. There was an abortive attempt to chart the system decades before, but that expedition was frustrated in some way and the official report stated that no contact was made with life of any kind. How then did the now apparently extinct lifeform that lived here learn to hate Starfleet?

Your tricorder scans some old street signs and informs you that the ruler of this city had his residence not far from here. To head for it and perhaps get some answers, turn to page 81.

The sign also tells you that a spaceport where you might salvage some spare parts lies on page 88.

Or, to address the distressing lack of a possible love interest on this adventure, while away a few minutes by vividly remembering the time you banged Lieutenant-Commander Data on Deep Space 3 by turning to page 256.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Going to repost this see if it catches anyone fancy xbox and pc crossplay through xbox play anywhere and also on steam (this version is not crossplay)

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    Your strong, confident voice echoes through the alien city. Was that really a good idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCO9aU32Mg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Going to repost this see if it catches anyone fancy xbox and pc crossplay through xbox play anywhere and also on steam (this version is not crossplay)

that looks like a game for me, a dorf fan.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK FAK

• Options
    edited February 2018
    You dash over to the nearest tower and press yourself up against the wall. You risk a peek to the side and make a dash for the next one. You advance in this probably very silly looking fashion once more and rest, a faint sheen of sweat making itself known on your forehead. You close your eyes and breath deeply or a moment.

When you open them you see standing in front of you a three metre tall, greenish alien figure, garbed in deep crimson robes, a sharp metallic object in one of its four hands raised threateningly, point towards you. It's eyes are black insectoid orbs and its mouth is a ferocious series of serrated ridges. It says nothing, but drool hangs from its jaws.

Shoot the obviously hostile and malevolent monster before it can eat you on page 197.

Tell it you come in peace and risk being eaten on page 250.

Bogart on
  • Options
    I vote page 88

Parts should always be salvaged

I don't even know what I'm gonna do with 'em, but I've been playing a lot of Fallout recently

• Options
    We tried to see Black Panther yesterday but the only available seats were for wheelchairs

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I ENDORSE THIS CHAT

Nobody cares, Jake, it was already endorsed by a mod.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    You boldly approach the spot where you saw some movement between the towers and come to a screeching, flustered halt when you find yourself face to face with three incredibly tall, green, insectoid, four armed aliens. All four turn their faces towards you, and their mouths, filled as they are with sharp edges, twitch as though suddenly hungry.

Uh oh. Maybe this was a bad idea. Do you adopt a defensive posture and point your phaser at them, wearing a stern expression that you hope says Do Not Mess, Amigos? If so, turn to page 87.

Or do you approach, arms wide in a gesture of peace and reconciliation, the words of galactic peace on your lips? If so, turn to page 211.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    We tried to see Black Panther yesterday but the only available seats were for wheelchairs

*hatches a clever plan*

• Options

that looks like a game for me, a dorf fan.

It was super silly looking and and has a very charming low poly art style

• Options
    Maybe I’m too old for school

Too old school for school

• Options
    This fkn early Saturday train schedule >:(

• Options
    I ENDORSE THIS CHAT

I DISENDORSE VH

• Options
    edited February 2018
    You approach the spaceport, noting the continued graffiti that lines the streets. The entrance way to the port seems high enough to suggest the aliens were tall, and the level of tech suggest they were highly advanced. You make your way cautiously through the port to find either a working ship or a supply depot where you might find a power source and something with which to repair your shuttle. What you wouldn't give for a Starfleet engineer right about now.

Head to the landing pads on page 12.

Head to the repair bay on page 38.

Bogart on
  • Options
    I ENDORSE THIS CHAT

I DISENDORSE VH

Nobody cares, Jake, I've already been disendorsed by three other mods.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    As a moderate I will not endorse any mod

• Options
    Repair bay seems logical. Set phaser to ultra-murder and head to page 38!

• Options
    Also btw I went with the "McDonald's breakfast in bed" option which worked out brilliantly because Ladyfish loved it, except she kind of ate with her eyes half closed and when she finished she flopped back and fell asleep again

So naturally I had to drink her coffee and now I've had two coffees and I am ready to go!

... Go nowhere, apparently, because my paramour is still out cold :P

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    You approach the spaceport, noting the continued graffiti that lines the streets. The entrance way to the port seems high enough to suggest the aliens were tall, and the level of tech suggest they were highly advanced. You make your way cautiously through the port to find either a working ship or a supply depot where you might find a power source and something with which to repair your shuttle. What you wouldn't give for a Starfleet engineer right about now.

Head to the landing pads on page 12.

Head to the repair bay on page 38.

Fuck this shit. I'm going to Tent Forward.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Oh, for fuck's sake. If you're not going to get into the spirit of things don't even bother playing. You are vaporised, obviously.

Your adventure ends here. Starfleet isn't for kidding around, you know.

I was born with a red shirt on, no way you can convince me to enlist.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Maybe these are shows they added later

This discussion has been closed.