As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Well tried EX with the team I'd gotten through the rest with. Up through the first x-1 rounds, I'm like "What, this aint shit, still on pace for completion." First half of Chimera's health bar "Bitch, pleeeeease"

HP Regen goes on "Huh...that's...annoying."

Powered up Lightning-All move brings him to 8191 BRV. "Okay, that's...that's bad."

And then a few people died and I gave up and decided I'd try again later with Vanille packing Dispel.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the bells are for? I'm still unsure.

Yeah, they're for hosting co-op battles. You can invite friends (which I haven't done yet), or just go into a lobby by selecting "free recruit" and they'll match you with two others. The fights aren't too bad, though the marlboro one goes by a lot quicker if someone brings Yuna for removing debuffs. The reward for completion is 60(ish?) level 1 gems of random colors, so not a bad return if you're looking for them, just a bit frustrating if you're looking for a specific color. You also a good number of gems from grouping up (the first 20 times I think?). But they are a one time deal, so no particular rush to get them.

You can also do co-op without using a bell, you just need to wait around till someone comes along with one.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    New co-op battle(s?) tonight. Hopefully more challenging and/or lucrative than the current ones.

eta: Twitter announcement says "added", so probably not replacing the current fights

Fry on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Vanille is pretty mandatory for EX. Those buffs will fuck you right the hell up

There are a few clears of the EX Chimera fight on reddit that don't have Vanille. The strategy usually involves Cloud and a friend Cloud chaining Cross Slash paralysis procs, along with a well timed Ifrit summon, to keep the buffs off for a significant portion of the fight. Lucky blind procs from Vaan can help, too. Vanille is definitely recommended, though.

When is the best time to summon? I kinda always wait till all 3 dudes are pretty high on brave, summon, blow all my brave on hp attacks, then build up brave again to prepare for the opponent's next attack.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Fry wrote: »
    New co-op battle(s?) tonight. Hopefully more challenging and/or lucrative than the current ones.

New alongside the first two or do I need to clear those out solo in the next few hours?

As for me, summons are kind of an "Oh shit" button so far. As in "Oh shit, I fucked up and this guy's gonna get broken, lemme just Bravely Default this shit and cheat my way into a better position" or "Oh shit, this boss is about to go ham, will a summon give me enough extra turns to put them away/tease out a paralysis proc and finish this before I get wrecked?"

Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited February 2018
    I usually use the summon as a "get out of jail free" card for situations where the enemy is getting ready to do a big attack and I'm not prepared to receive it. Especially if it's one of the scenarios where the enemy is likely to recover from break and do a huge HP attack on the same turn.

Another good use for parties with Cloud or Cecil is to use it to set up huge air combo attacks. Get everyone's BRV full, call summon so that your allies are ready to take part in an air combo, optionally spend one more turn on each character getting a little more BRV towards your temporary larger maximum, then have Cloud/Cecil use their launcher and cash in all that BRV at a +10% or +20% bonus for doing HP attacks in an air combo.

Another Cloud one is "whenever Cross Slash doesn't paralyze." :P

Fry on
    Hey there are some quests for the new Co-op run specifically

"Get a total of 500000 points: 5 draw tickets"

O-Oh...that seems like a lot of runs.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    The draw ticket one is actually for 1 million point. There's still 9 days left so it's probably doable, but it'll be between 50-60 runs, I think.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    edited February 2018
    Took two runs, but I got the full clear for Ifrit EX.

First pass for no KOs and no breaks was this team:
    Vanille (36/27), Vivi staff
    Cloud (50/45), Ogrenix
    Vaan (50/44), Platinum Sword

Second pass for score and turn count swapped out Vaan in favor of
    Bartz (41/45), Chocoblade

and featured Javen's Cloud as the friend. That clear was interesting, I actually didn't dispel anything with Vanille because I took the Chimera's HP from like 80% to 20% with chained paralyzes and my summon, and there were still two turns left on the friend Cloud (who I used to replace Vanille) when the buffs came on, so I just had to fight through it.

Bartz is really good, btw. Doublehand+ is hitting for like 4500 during the summon, and Missile+ is also very potent when things look dire.

Fry on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that Red Giant in EX is making me regret spending so much time and resources max leveling Terra's weapon. I might have to do some of that Hope Dojo nonsense to level Cloud's weapon to 20, and maybe Bartz's? Though he could just wield Terra's sword.

Honestly I could stand to grind that for a while anyway, all my other weapons are lacking because of Terra.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Grinding weapon levels is the only unfun chore in this otherwise enjoyable game

Beasteh on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Yeah, that Red Giant in EX is making me regret spending so much time and resources max leveling Terra's weapon. I might have to do some of that Hope Dojo nonsense to level Cloud's weapon to 20, and maybe Bartz's? Though he could just wield Terra's sword.

Honestly I could stand to grind that for a while anyway, all my other weapons are lacking because of Terra.

Eh, there will be magic weak enemies coming and you'll be thankful you did that.

I was bring WoL to multiplayer because everyone shows up with Cloud and Squall, so a tank was nice. But I've taken to bringing Y'shtola instead. Maxing out my BRV and healing everyone after the enrage hits has been super helpful.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I’m finally beefy enough to auto battle the highest cycle quests without having to worry about looking at my screen, just in case

I haven't needed to really grind weapon upgrade mats yet, but I guess that's because I'm fortunate enough not to have pulled a single dupe weapon yet. It has not been too onerous to get my weapons up to 20, and that's been sufficient to clear everything so far. Though I can definitely feel the difference when I call in one of you folks as a friend with a maxed out 35 weapon.

Pulled and got Vanille’s thing, so I’m going to level her today and take another stab at EX

edited February 2018
    Have a question about skills. I have Zidane with his Zwill Crossblade fully maxed and 3 limit break gems, and it says he has Way of the Thief from that weapon, but when I go to the skills menu the skill shows up in red text and auto-selecting skills always deselects it in favour of other skills. Is there something I need to do to activate that skill, or is the auto-skill just being weird?

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    edited February 2018
    If Zidane is equipped with a Zwill Crossblade, he already has Way of the Thief just from holding the weapon, he doesn't need to also spend CP equipping it. (If you did equip it anyway, you would get no effect.)

If you were to equip him with some other weapon (such as Veil Slasher or Butterfly Sword, when those come out), then you might want to spend the CP on Way of the Thief.

Fry on
    Ahhh. Okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

spent half the night playing level 50 MP with friends

32k is the highest we managed on it (Zidane/Vaan/Vaan)

Beasteh wrote: »
    spent half the night playing level 50 MP with friends

32k is the highest we managed on it (Zidane/Vaan/Vaan)

Just got a 32887 with pubbies, Cloud/Vaan/Vaan. Might have been higher if I wasn't holding the team back with my mere level 20 weapon, the other Vaan was dealing 50% more damage with his Luminescence followups.

Typical store for me has usually in the 19-21k range, with occasional 25k scores if people are executing well (read: using summon ASAP)

I have a level 19 Ifrit and it physically pains me when someone just uses their level 4 straight away

I've been doing the story chapters slowly, and doing each on Hard before going to the next on Normal. Consequently, I just got around to recruiting Laguna, and hearing The Man With the Machine Gun during them was the best.

He's on the new banner tonight with Setzer and Yuffie, and I reckon I'll be pulling on it at least once for his gun. His abilities look awesome, too; AoE BRV attacks with SPD and DEF down, and ATK down, and he gets an ATK buff too. And his Crystal 45 gives him 60% more BRV damage with abilities against single targets.

I've been doing the story chapters slowly, and doing each on Hard before going to the next on Normal. Consequently, I just got around to recruiting Laguna, and hearing The Man With the Machine Gun during them was the best.

He's on the new banner tonight with Setzer and Yuffie, and I reckon I'll be pulling on it at least once for his gun. His abilities look awesome, too; AoE BRV attacks with SPD and DEF down, and ATK down, and he gets an ATK buff too. And his Crystal 45 gives him 60% more BRV damage with abilities against single targets.

I was saving for Ramza but they've gotta add FFVI characters...

Beasteh wrote: »
    I have a level 19 Ifrit and it physically pains me when someone just uses their level 4 straight away

I've been trying to figure out why you'd say this. Turns in summon don't add to turn count, and thus don't affect score, right?

No but my summon gives a far higher BRV and max BRV boost with more turns in summon mode

Laguna's a pretty cool guy, I am thinking about doing some tickets on tonight's banner to hopefully get either his gun or Setzer's deck.

Laguna's single target damage is pretty bad even with the Crystal 45 ability - if I am reading the data sheets correctly, the combination of that ability and the boost from his synergy gun brings Grenade's damage up to "same as a basic BRV attack." The buffs and debuffs he brings are pretty cool though, and it looks like he gets some huge upgrades in his crystal when the limit goes up to 60.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Picked up setzer and laguna on a multi. Much better than my terrible luck on cloud's banner.

Though, this game kind of has a lot more grinding than I initially thought.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    How is Setzer in DFFOO? I've got 50k+ gems just burning a hole in my internet pocket, but I'm pretty decent as far as coverage goes.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Just downloaded and started this game. Any tips? I read through the reddit FAQ and the wiki but information seems all over the place. One spot mentioned you'll eventually recruit all the characters? if that is true, what's the purpose of the character summon? Seems the equipment summon is where it's at, something about mats and item dupes leveling up weapons eventually maxing them out.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Pulled once and got Laguna + Yuffie

Ticket pulled my fourth Bartz chocoblade off banner so that's my third max limit broken weapon (twin lance enhancer and chocoblade)

I’m estimating, but I’ve gotten every source of draw tickets so far and yet to see a 5. That’s about 50 tickets so far right?

Trajan45 wrote: »
    Just downloaded and started this game. Any tips? I read through the reddit FAQ and the wiki but information seems all over the place. One spot mentioned you'll eventually recruit all the characters? if that is true, what's the purpose of the character summon? Seems the equipment summon is where it's at, something about mats and item dupes leveling up weapons eventually maxing them out.

You do get all the characters; all the summons are for weapons which enhance or add buffs to character abilities.

It takes a long time/a lot of effort to max level a fully combined weapon, but it's not necessary at all right now.

Javen wrote: »
    I’m estimating, but I’ve gotten every source of draw tickets so far and yet to see a 5. That’s about 50 tickets so far right?

Sounds right? I just got my first 5* from a ticket, which was Laguna. Also got setzer's on a 5k draw, and he's a beast for this fight. I'll probably switch my friend unit to him tonight.

Figured, since I got Setzer's right away, I'd try for vanille again. Got two more of Yuna's staff and necklace which.. ok, sure, guess I'll level her up.

edited February 2018
    Darklyre wrote: »
    How is Setzer in DFFOO? I've got 50k+ gems just burning a hole in my internet pocket, but I'm pretty decent as far as coverage goes.

Setzer is pretty good at controlling BRV. Sources suggest Red Card deals about 50% more damage than the strong version of Squall's Solid Barrel ability (haven't tested myself yet). The freeze command can help deal with certain kinds of bullshit. I think Altema used to have him rated S tier for a while, and only recently did he get downgraded (presumably because other people have gone up in comparison)

Fry on
    Did a 10+1 roll on the setzer banner. Got Laguna's 5* weapon, and ... Yuffie's? Was there an origami weapon in 7? I don't remember it.

Fry wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »

Setzer is pretty good at controlling BRV. Sources suggest Red Card deals about 50% more damage than the strong version of Squall's Solid Barrel ability (haven't tested myself yet). The freeze command can help deal with certain kinds of bullshit. I think Altema used to have him rated S tier for a while, and only recently did he get downgraded (presumably because other people have gone up in comparison)

Red Card is a truly hilarious amount of damage. I have Setzer at level 36 and Crystal 34, his max brave in the event is over 8k with all his buffs.

I really like him.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    It looks like Setzer doesn't have his level 60 stuff in jp yet?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor