As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    AoS expansion: Terror from the Deep

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Dreadfleet 2!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's battletome fish-folk.

But there were rumours of deep one sea aelves or something floating around a while back, could be that I suppose, the corsair faction didn't get an allegiance bandaid in GHB17.

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    You jest, but radical grimdark fish tank accessories in the shape of wrecked titans and daemons would be amazing.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Man, the End Times started pretty great with the Nagash book and they they went and fumbled it quite a bit. Most of the fumbling was connected to the High and Dark Elves in my opinion.

I have a feeling that the End Times (as well as Age of Sigmar's release) was incredibly rushed for one reason or another. There certainly seemed to be a massive drop in quality as the releases went on.

This?
    s8wjrgycxa6p.png
    Or is that a book?

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Sea Aelf's confirmed?!?

https://youtu.be/bTZAvybjv2Q

Massive pinch of salt, but a comment from someone claiming to have seen models: "This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to bad-ass Atlantean Spartans."

[To lessen the pinch of salt, the person who said the above also said this four months ago: "This is part of Morathi's body in her snake form. She is going to come out with a new "dark" Aelves sisterhood army and her profile will be separated in two parts. She will have her human form, and a model to go with it, and the option to shape-shift into a giant Snake, and a different model for that, which could be this rumor engine."]

LordSolarMacharius on
    WOOP!
    0i2liq8banu5.jpeg

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I have never been more glad to own way too many witch aelves!

Some interesting tidbits in the article as well; you can use the Khaine statue from the cauldron kit as its own unit? Seems like it's going to be a bit of a re-design from how the DoK exist currently, as opposed to an expansion on what they already have.

Sigh I feel she is going to cost in the $100+ range now seeing her

edited February 2018
    3q0cw7un8kec.png
    Neat that it comes in the same kit

Brainleech on
    I’m just happy we finally got a set of “dragon” wings in a pose slightly more dynamic than “power stroke”

Brainleech wrote: »
    Sigh I feel she is going to cost in the $100+ range now seeing her

Maybe, though looking at it I wonder if her spear/torso are perhaps the same scale in both versions, which would put the larger model more in line with the avatar of ynnead or celestant prime than the bigger, pricier centerpieces. I guess we'll find out next week!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, base doesn't look like a 120mm base.

New community article up for DoK, goes a bit into the lore and details the allegiance ability. They're really playing Morathi as a major part of the faction which, fair, she is the boss and all that, I wonder how essential/viable she'll actually end up being in an army, you don't see too many of the named characters in competitive lists all that often, with a few exceptions.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    One of their faction abilities is awesome:
    The longer the Daughters of Khaine fight, the deadlier they become, as each benefit is cumulative. Get to round 5 or higher, and your army will be re-rolling 1s to run, charge, hit, wound AND save – and they’ll ignore battleshock to boot! Games against the Daughters of Khaine are going to be particularly thematic, as while you may be able to whittle thei

Well I am now going to get them for various reasons but finding someone to play or a group is now the problem

The longer the Daughters of Khaine fight, the deadlier they become, as each benefit is cumulative. Get to round 5 or higher, and your army will be re-rolling 1s to run, charge, hit, wound AND save – and they’ll ignore battleshock to boot! Games against the Daughters of Khaine are going to be particularly thematic, as while you may be able to whittle thei

It’s not called “Power from Khaine” is it?
    ‘Cause it should be. :whistle:

Weirdly enough Witch Aelves as they stand right now already get re-roll 1s to hit on the warscroll, re-roll 1s to wound from the Cauldron and re-roll charge dice from their instruments, and a 5++ save from the cauldron as well. Seems like their might be some major changes to the unit and, by extension, how the army work cos otherwise the allegiance ability is basically giving them what they already have at the moment.

Mr_Rose wrote: »

Let's see if they'll get combat drugs.

Let's see if they'll get combat drugs.

We shall see soon in the future

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Some more on Morathi and the Daughters of Khaine.

NLUGqvgl.jpg

And what the Aelven characters are up to. Morathi's description doesn't quite feel like she really fits in the "pantheon". Interesting that they include Alarielle, a playable character, as a god. Would Tyrion and Teclis return as playable characters?

LordSolarMacharius on
    Morathi is more of a demi-god I think, the others were hosts of the winds of magic in the End Times, whereas she survived through dint of being devoured by, and freeing herself from, Slaanesh?

I suspect we'll definitely be seeing a model for Malerion, and probably Tyrion & Teclis as well, when they get round to doing their factions in detail.

Pretty decent looking rules for Morathi shown so far, I was wondering if she'd get a mechanic to avoid getting sniped out of her weaker form before she can transform, and indeed she does!

Some more on Morathi and the Daughters of Khaine.

NLUGqvgl.jpg

And what the Aelven characters are up to. Morathi's description doesn't quite feel like she really fits in the "pantheon". Interesting that they include Alarielle, a playable character, as a god. Would Tyrion and Teclis return as playable characters?

What Tyrion and Teclis are now gods?

Something something absorb entire world-vortex something, punch Slaanesh in all the dicks, something else, free entire race from evil god, become gods. That’s about the way it goes.

Something something absorb entire world-vortex something, punch Slaanesh in all the dicks, something else, free entire race from evil god, become gods. That’s about the way it goes.

So this army book?
    ynqyrm3n8iah.png
    Would tell me more about what and why of the end times for the elves?

The fact that the Daughters of Khaine articles talk a lot about how the elven gods created new elven races from the souls of the Old World makes me look forward to what Tyrion and Teclis, and Malerion decided to make with their share of souls.
    Morathi's Melusai are already pretty nice.

The fact that the Daughters of Khaine articles talk a lot about how the elven gods created new elven races from the souls of the Old World makes me look forward to what Tyrion and Teclis, and Malerion decided to make with their share of souls.
    Morathi's Melusai are already pretty nice.

They are
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/21/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-3-the-melusaigw-homepage-post-3/

Not much info on the Melusai, but some mortal wound access is always handy, cracking through armour saves was always a weakness of the DoK prior to this update.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am so excited for this army.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited February 2018
    Both spells and prayers for the DoK it seems, the first army to have both together. And the return of a number of re-tooled spells from the old days, always happy so see Mindrazor on Witch Aelves, though Pit of Shades is no longer quite so bombastic!

Edit: Pre-orders are up for the first wave of DoK releases, and review copies are out in the wild, so spoilers abound. Quite a lot of fairly substantial changes to how almost all of the units work, I don't know if it's going to be a tournament-sweeping hyper-competitive army, given that a lot of it does still rely on getting lightly armoured combat troops up the board, but it certainly looks like a lot of fun regardless.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    So the DoK are up for pre order
    Morathai is what I thought she would cost. But where are the other units they hyped up? It looks like they removed the start collecting box for them.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Next week, probably. This week is Morathi, rules, & reboxes.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, they're doing a two-wave release, I pre-ordered the book and Morathi, and the dice.
    The box set they had wasn't strictly a start collecting box, though it was functionally the same if a little more expensive, but now they have new kits I imagine there'll be a proper starter collection out at some point. Beastclaws had to wait over a year for theirs!

Oh the one hand losing the stackable ward saves for DoK is a real blow to their odds of getting up the table, on the other hand if they do get there you can now have 30 witch aelves swinging for 120 attacks on 3+, re-rolling 1s, with 6s counting as double hits, 4+ to wound with flat re-rolls at rend -1, 2 damage, from a ~300 point battleline unit, which is pretty hilarious, even if it does need the stars to align a bit. And with judicious use of a sneaky command ability they can do it twice a turn!

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Your opponent is going to have so much nonsense to worry about, that stackable saves are not really going to be a big issue for this army. It's filled to the brim with mortal wound engines, prayers AND spells (with Morathi doubling all her spell ranges!).

It's pretty damn bananas.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    In fairness you can actually also still get stackable saves via Har Ganeth temple traits for +1 to the faith save within 7" of the general, coupled with the prayer that gives re-rolls to same, which is functionally the same as having two stacked cauldrons used to be (though considerably less resistant to alpha-strikes).

But, yeah, I'm pretty excited, from the looks of things the book is fairly similar in terms of internal balance to Maggotkin and Legions of Nagash, where there are plenty of viable, fun options but no huge must-take stand-outs.

Also Morathi on a Balewind Vortex gets, presumably, quadruple spell range, which is very funny.

Some leaks of the Daughters of Khaine battletome point to the name of the other Aelven faction being "Idoneth Deepkin". (ie that name is listed as possible allies, along with Darkling Covens, Order Serpentis, etc.)

Hmm Well the other parts of the DoK are up for pre order but hmm
    The army deals are tempting yet I wait for my army book to arrive so I don't know if they are any good since this is my first foray into AOS for real
    They are
    The Temple Nest
    The Cauldron Guard
    The Slaughter Troupe
    The Shadow Patrol

The Temple nest maybe
    The Cauldron Guard and Slaughter Troupe are the same kits just built differently
    I have the old start collecting set which I got just for a Sisters of Slaugter helm just getting the hair I want is the problem since I just got it to make my succubus for my DE wytch army unique
    She lacks a neck and hair one I can do the other is a problem since the succubus's hair just doesn't work for what I want and others are not flowing the way I want

For the record none of those army deals actually save money, they just bundle up all the units necessary to run the various battalion formations in the book.
    That said the Temple Nest battalion I would say looks pretty decent for low points games (at ~1000 points).

There is space at the back of the SoS helmets to stick some of the witch elf hair, which looks reasonable enough, that's what I do for witch elf unit champions.

This discussion has been closed.