As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Yeah, so, due to timing in this game being dumb:
    @ketar gets first 'after a system is activated' ability
    This can be used on the Gravity Drive Tech which no-one would not use if they needed it
    Then I go next and decline to play Ceasefire.
    Then @ketar can AC on the same trigger

So if @ketar doesn't want to use that AC he doesn't have to :/

It doesn't matter - you're going to play Imperial and win as soon as MrBody and Lykouragh are done, unless someone has an action card that forces you to spend a tactics or strategy token.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    For formality's sake

No, I am definitely not going to suicide attack Mecatol Rex

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Is it my turn? 2 players activated systems but didn't move?

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yes, that is correct.

edited February 2018
    Construction strategy
    Space dock + PDS in home system

Everyone for secondaries

MrBody on
    Nope

Assuming @Ketar 's agree is a pass,
    @Lykouragh @Phyphor @jakobagger to play or pass on Construction secondary.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Pass

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    PLAY on Construction secondary (SC 2>1)

Build a space dock on Kamdorn in my home ssystem

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    pass construction 2ndary

It should be your action then @Lykouragh

Activate home system and land all 3 GF on Maaluuk. I will need to do production after but need to see combat first. T->1

Paging @MrBody @MrBlarney for ground combat in Naalu home system

No cards or special orders

edited February 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    No cards or special orders
    WAR SUN used Magma Storm on QUINARRA!
    It's Super Effective!
    Sardakk N'orr has been defeated!

... That took me too long to get right :(

discrider on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    @Lykouragh, loading your Infantry will require you to be slightly over your Fleet Pool limit. At most, after the movement step of the tactical action, you can have 2 Infantry loaded: 5 Fighters and 2 Infantry would be supported by your Carrier and Space Dock, with 2 of your Fighter IIs being unsupported and filling your recently-acquired fourth counter in Fleet Pool. In order to perform the invasion with 3 Infantry, you must scuttle one ship; otherwise, you may only load and land 2 Infantry. Please provide a revision to your orders so that combat can proceed.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Go ahead and scuttle the destroyer then, sorry.

edited February 2018
    Round 7 - Invasion of Maaluuk

Combat Round 1

Naalu has 3 Infantry.
    N'orr has 2 Infantry (+1 to hit via racial).

Geth roll 3d10t8 for Naalu
    Geth roll 2d10t7 for N'orr

Naalu:
    3d10t8 1 [3d10t8=5, 8, 4]
    N'orr:
    2d10t7 1 [2d10t7=10, 5]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    One hit scored on each side.

Combat Round 2, 3, 4

Naalu has 2 Infantry.
    N'orr has 1 Infantry (+1 to hit via racial).

Multiple rounds rolled for expediency; in case of hits, rolls will be taken from left to right.

Geth roll 3#2d10t8 for Naalu
    Geth roll 3#1d10t7 for N'orr

Naalu:
    3#2d10t8 3 # 0 [2d10t8=6, 6] 0 [2d10t8=7, 6] 0 [2d10t8=6, 5]
    N'orr:
    3#1d10t7 3 # 0 [1d10t7=6] 1 [1d10t7=8] 0 [1d10t7=1]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    N'orr scores one hit in the 3rd round of combat.

Combat Round 5, 6, 7

Naalu has 1 Infantry.
    N'orr has 1 Infantry (+1 to hit via racial).

Multiple rounds rolled for expediency.

Geth roll 3#1d10t8 for Naalu
    Geth roll 3#1d10t7 for N'orr

Naalu:
    3#1d10t8 3 # 0 [1d10t8=3] 0 [1d10t8=1] 1 [1d10t8=10]
    N'orr:
    3#1d10t7 3 # 0 [1d10t7=6] 0 [1d10t7=3] 0 [1d10t7=2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Naalu scores one hit in the 7th round of combat. Combat resolves in favor of Naalu.

@Lykouragh for continued activities.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    jeez that was close.

Tap Druaa and New Albion for 4 plus Sarween makes 5, build 2 cruisers and 2 ground forces. 4 fighters living on the carrier, 3 on the spacedock, 2 ground forces on Druaa and 1 on Maaluuk, and the system contains 3 cruisers and 1 carrier..... so I think I'm ok on capacity this time.

@discrider

Sure.
    Play Imperial, Claim Lead From the Front, Win game

Good game.
    Thanks @MrBlarney @Lykouragh @Ketar @MrBody @jakobagger @Phyphor

Round 7: Action Phase Update 1

The Winnu: Activate the Qucan'n-Rarron system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 War Sun and 5 Fighters from the Hacan Home System.
    At the start of space combat, Hacan plays Action Card "Skilled Retreat" move 1 War Sun and 1 Cruiser to the Arinam-Meer system, activating it. (AC 6 --> 5)
    The Emirates of Hacan: Activate the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Activate the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Use Action Card "Flank Speed" to increase the movement of all ships into the system by 1. (AC 4 --> 3)
    Sardakk N'orr: Play the primary ability of the (4) Construction Strategy Card, placing 1 Space Dock and 1 PDS on Tren'lak.
    Hacan plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), activating the Hacan home system and placing 1 PDS unit on Kamdorn.
    The Naalu Collective: Activate the Naalu home system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Load 3 Infantry from Druaa, scuttling 1 Destroyer to comply with Fleet Pool limits.
    Land Infantry on Druaa.
    In invasion combat, Naalu loses 2 Infantry, while N'orr loses 2 Infantry; combat resolves in favor of Naalu.
    Exhaust Druaa (3R), New Albion (1R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 2 Cruisers (4R) and 2 Infantry at Druaa.
    The Embers of Muaat: Play the primary ability of the (8) Imperial Strategy Card, discarding 2 counters from Strategy Pool and 1 counter from Strategy Pool to claim public objective "Lead From the Front". (TP 2 --> 0, SP 1 --> 0; VP 9 --> 10)

The Embers of Muaat have achieved 10 victory points and are the winners of this game!

Current Map: Round 7, End of Game

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat - 10 VP
    The Winnu - 8 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 7 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 7 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 7 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 3 VP

Public Objectives
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu, Winnu, N'orr, L1z1x, Muaat
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Muaat, N'orr, Winnu, Hacan, L1z1x
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.: Hacan, Winnu, Naalu, Muaat
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: N'orr, Naalu, L1z1x, Hacan
    Intimidate Council (1 VP): Have one or more ships in 2 systems that are adjacent to Mecatol Rex's system.: Muaat
    Conquer the Weak (2 VP): Control 1 planet that is in another player's home system.: N'orr, Winnu, Muaat
    Master the Sciences (2 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 4 colors.
    Form Galactic Brain Trust (2 VP): Control 5 planets that have technology specialties.
    2 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and 1 or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    Spark a Rebellion (Action Phase, 1 VP): Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points.
    Adapt New Strategies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 2 faction technologies.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Master the Laws of Physics (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 4 technologies of the same color.
    Learn Secrets of the Cosmos (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 3 systems that are each adjacent to an anomaly.
    1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.
    2 unscored Secret Objectives in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.
    Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.
    1 unscored Secret Objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu
    Holy Planet of Ixth (1 VP): Granted to owner of Rarron, currently Hacan
    Hacan's Support of the Throne (1 VP): Promissory note currently held by Muaat
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed two times by Winnu (Round 4 and 5)
    Winnu's Support of the Throne (1 VP): Promissory note currently held by Naalu
    Muaat's Support of the Throne (1 VP): Promissory note currently held by Hacan
    Shard of the Throne (1 VP): Currently held by Naalu

The Embers of Muaat (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 0
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: L1z1x's Ceasefire, Hacan's Support for the Throne, Winnu's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Magmus Reactor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Cruiser II, Prototype War Sun II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.

The L1z1x Mindnet(Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 5
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Muaat's Ceasefire, Muaat's Political Secret, Naalu's Political Secret, N'orr's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Fleet Logistics, Gravity Drive, Cruiser II, Super-Dreadnought II

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.
    - Racial Technology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.

The Winnu (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0

Fleet Pool: 6

Promissory Notes: Hacan's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion, (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R, Research Team: Warfare)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.

The Emirates of Hacan (jakobagger)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Trade Goods: 4

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Ceasefire, Muaat's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Production Biomes, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I, Holy Planet, Demilitarized)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.

The Naalu Collective SPEAKER (Lykouragh)
    Trade Goods: 0

Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Support for the Throne (Trade Argeement, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II

Worlds:
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

Sardakk N'orr (MrBody)
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 1

Tactic Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Exotrireme II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.

Neutral Worlds and Laws
    Research Team: Warfare: Attached to Meer. When the owner of this planet researches technology, he may exhaust this card to ignore 1 red prerequisite.
    Holy Planet of Ixth: Attached to Rarron. Control of this planet confers 1 victory point (and is lost upon loss of control). Units on this planet cannot use Production.
    Demilitarized Zone: Attached to Rarron. Players' units cannot land, be produced, or be placed on this planet.
    Committee Formation: Owned by N'orr. Before players vote on an agenda that requires a player to be elected, N'orr may discard this card to choose a player to be elected. Players do not vote on that agenda.
    Shard of the Throne: Owned by Naalu. The owner of this card gains 1 victory point. A player gains this card and 1 victory point when he wins a combat against the owner of this card. Then, the previous owner of this card loses 1 victory point.

Order of Play
    The Winnu: (0) Technology
    The Emirates of Hacan: (1) Leadership
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (2) Diplomacy
    Sardakk N'orr: (4) Construction
    The Naalu Collective: (6) Warfare
    The Embers of Muaat: (8) Imperial WINNER

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Congratulations Disc!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Good game everyone!

Went really south for me after my bold early moves.

edited February 2018
    Thanks for playing, everyone. It was pretty interesting to get back into the swing of hosting Twilight Imperium games again. Fourth Edition definitely rolls along smoother than Third Edition did. Although there were some bumps with figuring out how to deal with transactions and how to set up the Agenda Phase, I'm pretty happy with how everything went. I still need to get better about remembering combat modifiers, but I made far fewer of them in this game than any of my previous TI3e games due to the streamlined tech system. I'm not sure yet if I'll host another TI4e game right away, or if I'll host something else - I'm tempted to finish up my hosting materials for Argent: The Consortium to try that game first. But I'm in a bit of crunch mode at work right now, so it might be a couple weeks before I get back on the hosting train regardless. You'll know when signups are up when I post in the PbP Gaming Index thread.

I'll be happy to answer questions about the game and field comments and suggestions on how to improve the hosting and game flow in the meantime. I'll hold off on mentioning too much about the game outright for now, just to let players and spectators start off some discussion. I will mention that at the end of the game that there were four cards left in the Action Card deck, one of which was the last Sabotage.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I didn't get to play 'Fire Team'. :(
    Really lucky to get 'Spark a Rebellion' as a SO as first pick.

And also really lucky with the 5VP turn especially after @MrBody got Diplomacy after I had picked Imperial.

edited February 2018
    Again apologies to @Ketar for getting Prommisory notes after race selection.
    Also still don't like the round-Robin timing on AC play. It doesn't seem fair to lock people out of playing ACs on a particular trigger based on our players playing ACs.
    But overall, this version seems far less 'gotcha' than third. Which is good!
    (Mainly due to the AC deck being stronger and less swingy)

discrider on
    Also apologies to @Phyphor
    It seemed like that last round was "kingmakers gonna kingmake" which isn't fun to be on the losing side of.

I think last round a similar exchange could have been done where @Ketar trades my ceasefire to the active player and then to @MrBody to prevent my invasion of his home planet.

Not sure how you get around last round teaming up on a winner actually.

edited February 2018
    Oh geez...oh dear...oh geez oh dear

For some reason I thought Muaat had the techs to score the diversify research objective.

I...could have stopped him by playing a card to take away one of his tactics tokens.

Although all that would have done is push the game to end in the status phase instead. I could have scored up to 2 more VP but otherwise still wouldn't have won.

I totally forgot about Assault Cannon eliminating a dread before I could blow it up. The one two punch that made it possible was running out of tactics tokens to respond to Muaat clearing a way to my homeworld, thanks to someone stealing the leadership card away from me.

One change to the actions cards I'm not crazy about: changing In the Silence of Space so that it doesn't matter if the destination system has any enemy ships in it. That makes it way too powerful in my opinion. Getting that and a flank speed card is such a massive game changer.

MrBody on
    Ha!
    If you'd taken a token, I would've activated my home system, and dumped another 6 infantry on it, with my War Suns.
    And then Passed (after a wasted Imperial).
    I would've then hoped to buy a Tech when that came around to win in Status phase.

But I would've been last in the order then.
    So Phyphor or Jakobagger would have won I think.

edited February 2018
    You could perhaps have spent I on tokens @MrBody
    Or attacked me.
    I don't know where the In the Silence of Space ACs went

discrider on
    Not sure how you get around last round teaming up on a winner actually.
    I don't really think that you do. You should set things up so that you are well-equipped to take things down once you're in a position to claim victory. Once you get to 7 VP, all eyes start to point to you. A surprise turn like yours can make it so that the other players don't have enough time to react to your sprint to the finish.
    MrBody wrote: »
    For some reason I thought Muaat had the techs to score the diversify research objective.

I...could have stopped him by playing a card to take away one of his tactics tokens.
    That's what I thought you were planning on doing when you selected Construction over Imperial. Play "Insubordination" in hopes of delaying out Imperial before Technology and Leadership, then hope for fireworks to take Winnu out of the running. So it goes sometimes.
    I don't know where the In the Silence of Space went
    Naalu held "In the Silence of Space" at the end of the game. (There's only one in the deck, where there were three in TI3e.)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I can rather understand not wanting to sacrifice your own advancement to let Phyphor win though.

Oh cool.
    I thought everyone was building up to bust through my fleets :P

Actually, I was also worried @MrBody had a Flank Speed. As he had light-wave deflector.
    I had one, Ketar had another, which left two unaccounted for?

Yeah I had both Silence and Flank, I was actually in a position to win last round if I hadn't fuckin' lost a home planet.

Actually, I was also worried @MrBody had a Flank Speed. As he had light-wave deflector.
    I had one, Ketar had another, which left two unaccounted for?

First off, good game discrider. And thank you @MrBlarney for running it.

I had two Flank Speeds. That was the other reason I didn't care about spending one to try to bait you into playing the Ceasefire.

@MrBlarney Why are players not allowed to PM each other/discuss the game outside of the play thread? I assume there's some past history from previous games here or at another forum, but I'm curious as to what issues outside discussion causes. Being able to pull someone into another room, or just far enough from the table that other players can't listen in, is an integral part of the TI experience imo. There's definitely something lost when no private discussion is possible.