As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Tiki will always tank Julia and Deirdre, so depending on your forge you might want it for Fae (anything but a speed refine puts her at risk).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Ugh, I spent more orbs trying for V!Lyn and got combo broken on a board with no blues.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I feel like whoever has the higher res since you could possible go iceberg/glacies for a special with it.

camo_sig.png
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I'd targeted 160 orbs by Feb 28 when there will be multiple banners, but it looks like I'll be able to exceed that. Flow is still good! Already at 121!

This TT seems bad for autobattling. A lot of maps you have to bait first and then get swarmed.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    This is actually the first TT where I can nearly autobattle on lunatic 5. Refined light breath stat boosts ftw. My team of Arvis, 4* Klein, and two Ninians face planted on the finale since Arvis died the round prior and Klein was ko'd before he could knock out Lilina. If I were to promote Klein and give him a proper build and brave bow+, the team might fare quite a bit better against autoing lunatic 5. I don't know if want to spend the feathers though.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Incorporating an armor unit or two into a TT team is a little tricky. Luckily I have 3 units with Armor March. My first team was:

V.Hector - W.Robin - Celica - Spring Camilla

And then when Robin and Celica were maxed out on HM, I switched to:

Vector - H.Henry - Lyon - Tana

But now that I've unlocked Eliwood, I kind of want to switch him in, even though Guidance 3 has been somewhat useful. And then Halloween Henry doesn't have far to go in the HM climb. So once he's maxed out I'll have to switch in a somewhat-redundant Amelia (Not that DC axe armors are a bad thing to double up on), give up a quarter of the HM grind, or go without armor march...

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Hah, I decided just to do a couple more pulls on the valentine's banner with some of the orbs I've been getting. Second batch had a green orb - Brave Ike. Ok game, I'll take it :P

Also yay, done with all GHB quests so now my stamina can go elsewhere :P Also got 5* Eliwood so I can start leveling him up.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Hardest bound hero battles are always the ones with dancers. Feels like Arena against a stat boosted whale who outnumbers you.

Still managed to beat infernal. Tip, bring a swordbreaker brave archer. He can kill all the fliers that way. Otherwise sacred cowl screws with you. Fliers help too so you can dance from side to side.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    -HP/+Def LA Lyn to complete Lynblem team.

Now I just need to get the armor boots seal to actually field it.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    4.25% now hoping for VLyn. I’m bracing for eventual disappointment.

So, I spent the rest of my free orbs last night for another Azura :P Haha.. I don't know why, I just wanted a +1 merged version. Luckily she popped up pretty quick, literally on my last pull before I would have had to start buying any orbs. So yay, that was nice.

Keep banging my head on this BHB though. Ugg... wasting too much stamina on strats that aren't working. I'm hoping this next one does. Stupid blue mage not moving the way he's supposed to...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    It's gonna be a long slog to those armored boots, sigh.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    I wasn't able to easily reproduce some of the strategies I saw on reddit, so ended up using my flier emblem team (Airzura, Cherche, Cordelia and Elincia) to do this. It took a few tries and attempting to split the enemies away from Azura. I gave Elincia the QR3 seal to bait and kill the axe flier, which always seems to go first and get danced. I positioned Cordelia next to Airzura 4 squares south of Corrin, so after he moves, Cordelia can hit him and I could dance/reposition away. I ended up having Cherche bait the red flier to the lower right corner while everyone else moved to the left corner. I was in a position to kill the mage next, followed by the archer, since Azura was too far away to dance anyone. Once I had the archer out of the way, the rest was moving around for advantage.

so managed to pull all the valentines except lillina. though my gaston has crummy IVs. wondering if its worth it to keep trying for a better one or call it a day.

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    so managed to pull all the valentines except lillina. though my gaston has crummy IVs. wondering if its worth it to keep trying for a better one or call it a day.

Call it a day! IVs are a trap!

edited February 2018
    Ardor wrote: »
    I wasn't able to easily reproduce some of the strategies I saw on reddit, so ended up using my flier emblem team (Airzura, Cherche, Cordelia and Elincia) to do this. It took a few tries and attempting to split the enemies away from Azura. I gave Elincia the QR3 seal to bait and kill the axe flier, which always seems to go first and get danced. I positioned Cordelia next to Airzura 4 squares south of Corrin, so after he moves, Cordelia can hit him and I could dance/reposition away. I ended up having Cherche bait the red flier to the lower right corner while everyone else moved to the left corner. I was in a position to kill the mage next, followed by the archer, since Azura was too far away to dance anyone. Once I had the archer out of the way, the rest was moving around for advantage.

This is basically what I ended up doing, though swap Cordellia for Hinoka. Wasted more stamina probably on the stupid Lunatic map which I swear was actually harder...

Managed to get Eliwood leveled too, though I'm down to like 4 stamina potions now T_T The one TT autobattle I did with him I think I like him better than Lyn though. The CPU was making Lyn face tank too many things and die. Eliwood can at least deal some damage back. The last map of this TT is still some bullshit though. I hate that stupid Lilina...

Warlock82 on
    i really wish you could edit seals and stuff from the edit team menu. call it a loadout or something. I always forget to swap around seals and stuff.

camo_sig.png
    I wish that I could map skills and seals by team slot and not by character.

For example, my Ninian uses sword breaker and ward dragons when fighting in the arena. But when fighting in a GHB on my Nino Emblem team, she uses wings of mercy and hone attack.

Another example, my S!Camilla uses the crystal boosting skill once a day in the training tower, but then I never ever use it again.

3DS Friend Code:
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So, been debating something for a bit - I have a spare Bride Lyn from the first legendary banner. My current inherited one is -atk/+def. The level 1 one is +atk/-spd though. I'm not sure if that's a better IV set or not (I mean, the +7 atk helps a lot for actual heals... and -3 speed isn't too hard to fix...).

Should I merge to the level 1 and just relevel (and add something to counteract the spd bane)? Or should I save the level 1 as fodder (Candlelight? Dazzling staff?)?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Managed to finally beat the BHB thanks to the ridiculous combined powers of dragons and fliers. Adult Tiki, Ninian, Myrrh, and Airzura.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited February 2018
    Hmm, well ok game. I decided to waste the rest of my free orbs on the BHB banner thinking pulling a 5* Klein means I can give Brave Bow+ to Roy right now (at this point I have way too many projects going on that my feathers are tied up for awhile). Two pulls in, I get Elise. Ok, not what I was going for, but I will take that. She had better IVs than my other one (+RES/-DEF vs +HP/-SPD) so I just merged her and got her back up to 40.

Warlock82 on
    Pity brokenby Cordelia. Oh well, gale force for another flier!

Not a record for the thread or anything, but I cracked 4900 for the first time ever in Arena. Might get back into Tier 20 for the first time in many months! Only had one merge on the team, Ephraim+1.

a02rrnxcoc8w.png

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I decided to waste the rest of my free orbs on the BHB banner thinking pulling a 5* Klein means I can give Brave Bow+ to Roy right now

oFWXdud.jpg

s7Imn5J.png
    I am calling it now
    Next legendary hero is a flying or armored healer with wrathful staff. Though I can also maybe see a flying archer but that could be broken

camo_sig.png
    My Nephenee just killed every single unit in Michalis infernal to get me those 2 all-infantry orbs. What a beast <3

Axezura helped by dancing and Marisa contributed with infantry pulse and panic ploy.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Man, I have gone crazy trying to find perfect IV versions of each hero and leveling them to 40 (usually at 4*). Eventually I'll promote them all to 5* when I have enough feathers. Kind of something fun about leveling random semi-bad characters :)

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Xander fliers down. Elincia, Myrrh, Airzura MVPs forever.

-ATK Hinoka voted present.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited February 2018
    There, all Hectors voted for. Time to see Ike win (because of course). Bleh (I seriously don't know who I should even give Warding Breath to). Oh well. At least I pulled a decent number of the Valentine's Hectors so I do have some Distant Counter fodder if I need it.

Looks like there's a mystery GHB coming later this week too, so guess I should save up 20k feathers for that (I'm at about 10k right now and Arena ends tomorrow, so that might be enough right there). Poor Olivia, constantly getting bumped lately :P (though to be fair, I'm out of 4* Olivias and I'd kind of rather not spend the extra 2k feathers to promote a 3*... Assuming the next banner has a red on it, I should get more Olivias easily)

Also actually finally having the stamina to work some Feb. tier 10 training tower quests in since there's like a week left to do those. Finished Armor and just need to knock out Horses (like 6/15 right now). There has been so much stuff to spend stamina on lately I haven't had the free stamina to do them :(

Warlock82 on
    I've never gone past the max reward limit on tempest trials and as a result have 210 stamina potions left. Pretty sure that kind of grinding is the only way I could ever actually decrease in potions over a month.

I also beat Xander fliers. Myrrh and wing sword Caeda did well, but lancebreaker +atk Cordelia killed 3 units in a single round with Airzura's help.

Other than impatience on some GHB maps or something, I really only use stamina potions for auto battles on TT.

110k, rank 536.

I will likely not spend the potions or time to stay in the top 1k, but will aim for the top 5k.

edited February 2018
    So what A skill on ninian? She is +hp/-res if that matters. I see a bunch of builds use TA 3

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited February 2018
    IMO, TA 3 or bust. She's got the advantage of the refined dragon breaths being great, but she's still a dancer and should be avoiding most fights. So focus on making the fights against reds as one-sided as possible.

Mine is +ATK/-RES and I have her setup with TA 3, Swordbreaker 3, ward dragons, and Hardy Bearing seal (although the choice of seal is flexible). With Lightning breath++, she obliterates most red units without breaking a sweat. Usually in one round. She should be able to defeat most of the Falchion users once TA3 and Swordbreaker tip the scales. I think that she loses to Alm on defense and wins on offense. The hardy bearing seal is just there to give me another option to deal some extra chip damage to finish off a vantage unit if need be.

IMO wings of mercy is also an acceptable choice for her B slot, and Infantry Pulse is a good option for her C slot.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Four orbs? Well I guess if I do this Ninth Stratum quest, I can make one more pull for Valentine's Roy... Oh, there's only one gray orb. Good, if there were two, I'd never stop thinking about the one I left behind... There's the whoosh, thank god, I'm sick of three sta-

ROY'S

OUR

BOY!

After 45 pulls... 45? That can't be right, that would be at least 180 orbs..... :cry: But I've got him, now! Of course he's -Atk, just like my first FEH pull, the original Roy, but that doesn't matter too much to me. I wonder if I should give him a Guard Bow or a Brave Bow, poor Bridelia's been waiting for her turn. I actually have enough feathers to give her a bow too, now, plus Bow Valor to help her earn it. Huzzah!

:biggrin:

I'm never pulling colorless again!

On my free pull today, the long sought after Pegasus knight finally came home!

3 star Est!! ... Wait a minute

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »

We're in the same boat there Acheron. :(

Sniping blue orbs (7 total), I got an 3* Est, 2 4* Lukas, 4* Nowi, 3* Florina, 3* Donnel, 3* Robin and on the next pull I get no blue orbs, so I get ...

5* Caeda.

Hinoka, why do you play so hard to get?!

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Acheron wrote: »

3 star Shanna!! ...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    OK tell me what to do.

My current 5* nowi is +res/-hp
    I have a ton of 4* nowi. I have a +atk and a +spd both - res which are here best combos it seems.
    Question is do I promote one of them to 5 * and do the slow 5*merge or just go to like a 4*+7 immediately

camo_sig.png
    edited February 2018
    Lolz

mts wrote: »
    OK tell me what to do.

My current 5* nowi is +res/-hp
    I have a ton of 4* nowi. I have a +atk and a +spd both - res which are here best combos it seems.
    Question is do I promote one of them to 5 * and do the slow 5*merge or just go to like a 4*+7 immediately

I think Nowi is good enough to promote and merge, but that's just me. If you can get her Steady Breath and Aether she's pretty amazing, especially highly merged.

Warlock82 on