As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[phalla] Fortune of Fools - The Priests of Zalbanadur and Alluring Merchant Victory!

38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid againwait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
edited February 2018 in Critical Failures
Fortune of Fools
uht2wCA.png
Villagers shuffle into a cramped wagon in the middle of the forest, far from the trade road. The villagers all feel it. Something watching, a chill in the air, its too risky, they should return home! Still they fight their sense of preservation and enter the wagon. If something isn't done they are dead or worse. Perhaps this road leads to salvation.

Inside, a hunched seer shuffles a deck of cards. A colorful bundle of clothes and scarves sits hunched on the only seat in the wagon. He (she perhaps? Are they even human) is speaking to as many people as can fit with a dull scratchy voice.
"So many of you came out to my wagon today. Good. Perhaps there is one among you who has the courage to face the dark. To call them clerics maligns the servants of the holy. A cult would be more apt, but they do have power. Can they be defeated? Yes. I would not be risking my life to speak to you otherwise. Will you fight them? To stand for Justice perhaps? To have the Strength to defend your fellows? Will a Magician come forth? Perhaps. Don't volunteer now, the cards will tell us how this village will be saved. The figure lifts a card and a nervous laugh breaks from someone's throat.
y7gWbxP.png

"The clerics of darkness are defeated and you are put in charge of the lands. What warning will you give people to be certain they never come to power again?

Never Break a Promise.
Obey the Law.
Be Kind to All You Meet.

"Make your choice known to all when you sign your name. You choice may yet save or doom your fellows."

Produced and directed by 38thDoe
Special thanks to @Egos for balance testing*

What’s all this now?

This is a semi-standard game for 30+ people. There is a mafia.

*Egos demanded that I tell you this game is experimental and that he was devoured by mind flayers while balancing the game Don't blame him.

General rules of Phalla can be found here. New players are welcome as are old of course.

Specific rules can be found below:

Standard Phalla Rules/Mechanics:

You must vote each day. Vote in bold red for whomever you think is likely to be a threat to you. The winner of the vote will be eliminated every night. Tie votes will kill both people involved and the person causing the tie. Be careful.

In addition, everyone should make at least two posts each day. Failure to vote or contribute will lead to warning and replacement.

Do not directly quote anything from PMs with me, or take screenshots of them. It is okay to paraphrase role PMs however.

Do not add other players to PM conversations.

Do not anonymously contact anyone.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game information whatsoever.

Ask for clarifications in Bold DarkOrange. You can always PM me with clarification requests, or post them directly in the thread. If you have questions about your role you should probably use the PM method to avoid giving away info to the other players. They are *already* suspicious of you.

Make sure you invite me to any PMs or proboards you might form.

Order of actions: The Pact is Sealed! > Vote > Special Actions > Roleblocks >Seers > Guards > Kills > All other actions

The Day will Close at 8PM EST. I’M OLD!

Signup in bold limegreen

YOU MUST INDICATE A CHOICE IN YOUR SIGNUP!

You may discuss your choice before actually signing up if you wish.

The game will not start until 30+ is reached however long it takes. Even if we do reach 30, it will not start on Valentine's Day. Also all celestial bodies must be in syzygy.

Gizzy wrote: Β»
Are there conversions/thralls/millers?
Clarification Denied.

Are deaths reliable?

Clarification Denied.

38thDoE on steam
πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€
38thDoe on
Β«13456715