As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Attempting to comprehend Norse linguistics since 2017...

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Acheron wrote: »
    On my free pull today, the long sought after Pegasus knight finally came home!

3 star Est!! ... Wait a minute

3 star Shanna!! ...

Agree and Awesome are not sufficient emotions to express about FEH. Need "salty tears" or "sympathize. "

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    On my free pull today, the long sought after Pegasus knight finally came home!

3 star Est!! ... Wait a minute

We're in the same boat there Acheron. :(

Sniping blue orbs (7 total), I got an 3* Est, 2 4* Lukas, 4* Nowi, 3* Florina, 3* Donnel, 3* Robin and on the next pull I get no blue orbs, so I get ...

5* Caeda.

Hinoka, why do you play so hard to get?!
    I swear, Hinoka is on more banners than any other unit in the game and I still don't have one. (Although Airzura took most of the sting out, admittedly.)

I did get a cheap -SPD/+HP Shiro, although he'd be a lot more interesting if I didn't already run Nephenee in most of my parties.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Bleh. I managed to get an arena score of 5048, my best score yet, though don't think it's enough to stay in tier 20. Already 1377/3014. Given this is the first day, that's probably not high enough not to drop too much under the threshold :( I guess I can cross my fingers. I was getting a lot of really high scoring teams for some reason this time so it surprised me.

Real curious to see how the scoring change will screw me over next season though... Nothing about it sounds good...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    I made it to tier 20! Now I know there is absolutely zero chance of staying, so I can mess around and just score over 4k!

I made it to tier 20! Now I know there is absolutely zero chance of staying, so I can mess around and just score over 4k!

Make sure you still try to get a decent score (~4800 or so). You can absolutely be knocked down to tier 18 if you don't score high enough.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Make sure you still try to get a decent score (~4800 or so). You can absolutely be knocked down to tier 18 if you don't score high enough.

Is this really true? I had heard of skipping tiers on the way up, but not down. That'd suck.

edited February 2018

Is this really true? I had heard of skipping tiers on the way up, but not down. That'd suck.

I believe so. I've never actually had it happen myself, but there is a threshold for dropping down to tier 19 that you can absolutely miss (it's usually pretty large but not impossible to underscore). I know one time my score was low enough that I did not make this threshold and it's a bit confusing because it doesn't show either the "Stay in tier 20" or "Drop to tier 19" box highlighted like you normally see (or any kind of new "drop to tier 18" box or something). I managed to bring my score up before the season ended so I only dropped to tier 19, but it looked to me like it would have dropped me to tier 18 (or worse?) if I hadn't have done that.

Edit: Right now it's saying you need a rank of 3340 - 11,131 to drop to tier 19. So basically you need to get over rank 11,131 (or whatever this ends up changing to after 6 days... these numbers always fluctuate). Honestly I'd say just try to do the best you can, look at where you end up ranked and then keep an eye on it. If you end up really close to 11k, you might want to try and improve your score. As I said above, I think a score of at least 4800 or higher is absolutely safe, and rough guess, you may be able to go as low as, say, 4500. But I think around that score you're really pushing it (perhaps moreso because there will be a lot more people around that score range so your ranks could swing wildly just from several people scoring one point above you)

Warlock82 on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I've definitely had weeks where I didn't do arena at all and only got bumped down 1 rank. Maybe the rules are different for rank 20, but I can't imagine why they would be.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    As someone who's made a 4*+10 (Olivia), mostly I just regretted not making a 5*+10. It saves on feathers but not orbs, and in the long run feathers are way easier to come by.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    edited February 2018
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I've definitely had weeks where I didn't do arena at all and only got bumped down 1 rank. Maybe the rules are different for rank 20, but I can't imagine why they would be.

Hmm it's possible I'm wrong. I tried to search for some information but I couldn't really find anything, other than Gamepedia's Arena page seems to suggest you can only drop one rank. Though if that's the case, I'm not quite sure why it even bothers to list a cutoff for dropping a rank...
    Shen wrote: »
    As someone who's made a 4*+10 (Olivia), mostly I just regretted not making a 5*+10. It saves on feathers but not orbs, and in the long run feathers are way easier to come by.

Yeah I'm going through this now. I've used a 4*+10 Olivia for the longest time but I wanted to improve my arena score so I've started to make a 5*+10. It's just taking forever right now since I didn't plan too well for it and thus am low on feathers. But also I only need three more merges and I'm out of 4* Olivias (I had seriously been throwing some away to make room in the past :P). I have enough 3*s, but I kinda don't want to spend the extra 6k feathers, so right now, just waiting on another banner with a red orb to gather some more 4*s.

Even the 5*+7 I'm up to right now is pretty amazing though. I deliberately built her with much more premium skills (refined Wo Dao+, Wrath 3, Drive Atk 2) and I can tell the difference. Was a bit worried since my 4*+10 was using Ruby Sword+ to fight Hectors and the like, but this one gets by on pure power too. She takes a bit more damage of course, but there's only ever 1 or 2 green targets she ever needs to actually fight anyways so it's usually not a big deal.

Warlock82 on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Pff. My Olivia is 3*+10

camo_sig.png
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2018

Not really. In the vast majority of cases I've never spent orbs looking for 4* units. Given the case of Olivia, I've spent zero orbs looking for her but hundreds looking for the likes of Sigurd, Ayra, etc. You're most likely going to stumble upon 10 copies of a given 4* long before you acquire the ~200,000 feathers to promote them all for a 5*+10.

Given the monthly allotments of f2p orbs and the monthly allotment of f2p feathers, the feathers are most likely going to be your bottleneck towards making a 5*+10. That makes feathers the more valuable resource as far as rationing towards projects are concerned. It just doesn't feel that way since feathers don't tie in to that gambling dopamine hit.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited February 2018

Not really. In the vast majority of cases I've never spent orbs looking for 4* units. Given the case of Olivia, I've spent zero orbs looking for her but hundreds looking for the likes of Sigurd, Ayra, etc. You're most likely going to stumble upon 10 copies of a given 4* long before you acquire the ~200,000 feathers to promote them all for a 5*+10.

This is true, but it's probably more a matter of which character you're talking about and how soon you want to start merging them. Like with mine, I'm in the middle of the process and the last few banners haven't had any red orb characters on them, so my Olivia supply is pretty low right now. But also any character in the 5*/4* pool can be quite a bit harder to come by 10 copies of since you can't suppliment with super common 3*s (and the 4* pool is so gigantic that good luck pulling a specific character out of there...). For example, trying to make a 5*+10 Nowi. Or god forbid, a Klein....

Warlock82 on
    Yes, but I'm sure that your summoning efforts have filled your barracks with many 3/4* characters of whom that you have enough duplicates to merge towards a +10 unit. So many that I'd wager that you've had to send countless units home because you have too many. What's stopped you from making a 5*+10 instead? The bottleneck of feathers.

3DS Friend Code:

Given the monthly allotments of f2p orbs and the monthly allotment of f2p feathers, the feathers are most likely going to be your bottleneck towards making a 5*+10. That makes feathers the more valuable resource as far as rationing towards projects are concerned. It just doesn't feel that way since feathers don't tie in to that gambling dopamine hit.

Yes, but if you merge them at 4* then you're back at square one. Feathers have basically no use after a certain point because new heroes are introduced at 5*, unless you want to give everyone blade tomes.

ladi.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    IMO, save the feathers for 5*+10ing the units that would actually be core members of your arena team, your effies or nowi/fae/a.tikis, and just do the budget 4*+10s for the ones that pile up because they come at 3*s and don't have great SI options, like your firs or frederics

steam_sig.png

Yes, but if you merge them at 4* then you're back at square one. Feathers have basically no use after a certain point because new heroes are introduced at 5*, unless you want to give everyone blade tomes.

You're not appreciably delayed since feathers are the limiting resource that will take many months to collect. The 4* and 3* pool is very limited, and in turn their presence in your barracks is abundant. In all likelihood you'll get plenty of extra copies over the course of time that it takes to amass several hundred thousand feathers.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2018
    Yes, but I'm sure that your summoning efforts have filled your barracks with many 3/4* characters of whom that you have enough duplicates to merge towards a +10 unit. So many that I'd wager that you've had to send countless units home because you have too many. What's stopped you from making a 5*+10 instead? The bottleneck of feathers.

Yeah, this is true. I'm just saying, especially depending on how little you whale (i.e. f2p especially), if you're after a specific hero to +10 it might not be that simple. Some 4*s are pretty hard to come by (especially when you consider a lot of them do not appear on banners at all, though maybe this will change with the new 4* banners they started doing)

This is not to say 4*+10s aren't good though. They are actually quite strong. But if it's someone you plan to use a lot, especially as your arena core, then yeah, you're better off saving.

Of course, then there is me who hates the idea that 4*s don't give you the level 40 conversation so I want to 5* everyone eventually :D

Edit: I'll also say, they give out feathers pretty regularly. Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlets are big sources of feather income, as is arena. You'd also be surprised how many you get from sending heroes home. It adds up really fast. I could have probably had a +10 Olivia by now if not for my lack of 4* Olivias and other various projects that keep distracting me, like promoting an Adult Tiki, one of the Subakis I promoted to give Myrrh Quick Riposte 3, promoting Oliver and Lyon and whoever this next GHB hero is, etc. :P (this is on top of just finishing +10'ing a Robin :P) For awhile there was a time where I had nothing really of value to do with feathers so they started to build up. But then I started coming up with lots of projects, so right now I don't nearly have enough.

Warlock82 on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Alright, I'm ready for the next batch of content.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited February 2018
    Talith wrote: »
    Alright, I'm ready for the next batch of content.

New banner starts Thursday and new GHB starts Saturday :)

There's actually quite a bit of "mystery" content (since they've now stopped even listing GHB names... I guess Lyon was too much of a giveaway that the related banner would be Sacred Stones?) coming to the point I'm slightly curious if they'll do another FEH Channel to cover it. But it hasn't been that long since the last one so probably not. I can't remember if the Gunnthra Legendary Hero banner had a FEH Channel or just a video plopped on the youtube channel like most normal banners get, considering we have another one starting March 1st with presumably the Fire Legendary Hero. Guess it depends on how much fanfare they give him/her.

Edit: Predictable prediction - new banner will be Thracia 776 with at least Leif on it. He's the only lord still not in the game and there's barely anyone from that game (other than The Reinhardt and Olwen :P). Leif also ranked super high in CYL 2 which is a good sign to IS that people want that. It did seem like they geared a lot of their previous year's hero releases based on CYL ratings (with Michiah being maybe the only notable high ranker that took forever). It makes sense they've probably been preparing a Thracia banner and Leif scoring higher may bump up its priority.

Warlock82 on

You're not appreciably delayed since feathers are the limiting resource that will take many months to collect. The 4* and 3* pool is very limited, and in turn their presence in your barracks is abundant. In all likelihood you'll get plenty of extra copies over the course of time that it takes to amass several hundred thousand feathers.

I dunno what to tell you dude, I was sitting on 110k feathers when I blew up my old account and I'd only pulled 3 Olivias since the 4*+10.

ladi.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I don't really see the need for 5*+10. Staying in tier 20 instead of bouncing in and out will take you roughly a million years to recoup the feathers spent promoting, feathers you're reliant on the feed for (excluding whaling and sending a bunch of stuff home) and which are generally more valuable promoting for skill inheritance than the functional extra couple merges are.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    The thing is, despite my affection for the series, I have strong feelings about exactly two Fire Emblem characters: Hector and Morgan(F). Arena is the most consistently challenging content which is what kept me playing for long after I got tired with the gacha.

ladi.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyh0zqBSHEo

That's a surprise.

Grima Robin is in and he is both armored and a dragon!

Celica's freaking B skill though

Robin - Fell Reincarnation
    Green Dragon/Armored

Weapon: Expiration - If attacked, unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. If foe's Range = 2, damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

Special: Ignis

B Skill: Vengeful Fighter

C Skill: Ward Dragons - Grants dragon allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat.

Hardin - Dark Emporer
    Blue Lance/Armored

Weapon: Gradivus

Special: Vengeance

A Skill: Brazen Def/Res - If unit's HP ≤ 80% at the start of combat, grants Def/Res+7 during combat.

B Skill: Bold Fighter

Celica - Imprisoned Soul
    Red Sword/Infantry

Weapon: Beloved Zofia - Grants Def+3. If unit's HP = 100% at start of combat, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4, but if unit attacked, unit takes 4 damage after combat.

Special: Luna

B Skill: Chill Spd - At the start of each turn, inflicts Spd-7 on foe on the enemy team with the highest Spd through its next action.

C Skill: Hone Atk

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Well crap, there goes my prediction. Also Jesus, I guess they are officially done caring about spoilers... I mean, Female Robin as a Grand Hero Battle was a cheeky one, but this flat out gives away the end of the game...

Also I have no idea who that middle guy is.

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Alright, that's kind of a neat theme if you're going to repeat characters.

• Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    That's a fun shoutout to The Future Past DLC with that Robin!

edited February 2018

So I guess this is my spoiler for not beating Fates then... Bleh.

Warlock82 on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    nice green dragon there

camo_sig.png
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Well crap, there goes my prediction. Also Jesus, I guess they are officially done caring about spoilers... I mean, Female Robin as a Grand Hero Battle was a cheeky one, but this flat out gives away the end of the game...

Also I have no idea who that middle guy is.
    Hardin's from FE1+3 (and their DS remakes 11+12). Former party member from in the previous game turned major antagonist in the sequel.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Armored dragon with 16 mt refined lightning breath and ward dragons, okay, word.

Also, big fan of psycho Celica's attack art.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Armored dragon with 16 mt refined lightning breath and ward dragons, okay, word.

Her face is gonna haunt my nightmares.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I love dragons and novelty in general, but will that outweigh my ambivalence toward Robin? Knowing my luck with him, I'll probably get him by accident, but he's a permanent addition to the game so I'm not gonna chase him just yet. Didn't think he'd be the first one to 5 incarnations...

Oh, Hardin, that's cool. Celica seems.... demotable. But we might just get no demotes this time... Also idk what's up with Takumi, I didn't get far in Fates. Bet he'll still have a bow. Wonder if he'll still have Close Counter. Be weird to have that on a free unit.

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular

Suddenly makes me quite glad I've got no shortage of Falchion users.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Don't forget vengeful fighter!

steam_sig.png
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    YES grima robin is a go. sad it wasn't F robin but i will take it
    edit:
    also we get to see new Muspell general. Laegjarn she is a red flier

Illieas on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Great time to bring in Validar, IS..

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    So... feed dupe Cecila's to Ayra? That B skill... Woosh that'd be bad for anyone facing Ayra.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    Ok. I think I'm safe with this banner. Robin looks nice and Cecila's B skill looks amazing, but it's not F!Robin so I'm kinda ambivalent. Looks like I'll keep rolling for V!Lyn since ranged armor and armor march are more desirable for me atm.

3DS Friend Code:
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Chasing Vector, pity-broken by Titania. Ugh, my 3rd 5* Titania, she's worthless in combat and has worthless skills for inheritance.

When I get good pulls from the gatcha I love this game and they can't make new content fast enough, but when I throw 100+ orbs at someone (Vector, Axeura, H!Nowi, C!Tharja, etc) and get nothing I lose interest very very quickly.