As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

100 Pages of [PODCAST] Thread We'll Never Get Back

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I was going to say it's historically accurate that Napoleon loved stank but then I tried to look up that quote about him telling Joesephine to not wash but it's lies! Lies! Somebody made up a lie about Napoleon likin it dirty!

Lies!

James Joyce though

I bet he told Nora not to wash her butt

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    How would it sound to some of you guys if I hosted a musical book club podcast if it worked kinda like this:
    we start out discussing our musical tastes and history in episode 0 and going over the rules I'm still thinking up.

then normally we'd go over the history of the album and or artist we are covering the album of that week

then we discuss the album track by track, trying to not spend much more than 5 minutes per track max.

Final thoughts on the album and or voting on a track to go into a collectively curated genre playlist on spotify or something

Then we will have a kinda list on google drive or something of albums were we can each add a new one once a week, or once per month we can choose to veto one from the list instead. Anything falling past a certain number on the list becomes ineligible for selection until it rises up the list as well, but at the end of the episodes we'd randomly select one of the albums and announce it for the next week.

Would anyone be interested in giving this a go with me at some point?

If so send me a PM or something

I'll have to hit up DaMoonRulz for audio editing and recording advice too.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I was going to say it's historically accurate that Napoleon loved stank but then I tried to look up that quote about him telling Joesephine to not wash but it's lies! Lies! Somebody made up a lie about Napoleon likin it dirty!

Lies!

James Joyce though

I bet he said it just like that too

"Dear Nora,

Don't you wash that butt.

Love,
    Jim"

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I’ve dated a few people that requested not showering after getting back from the gym.

It’s hardly the norm though.

heauuuuuuurrrghhhhhhhhhh

People are weird.

And gross.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I’ve dated a few people that requested not showering after getting back from the gym.

heauuuuuuurrrghhhhhhhhhh

People are weird.

And gross.

Yeah there are a lot of things I'd do for love, but I don't think I could do that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    In the time it takes to listen to Scott & Scott's episode on Chronic Town, you could listen to Chronic Town six times

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

heauuuuuuurrrghhhhhhhhhh

People are weird.

And gross.

Yeah there are a lot of things I'd do for love, but I don't think I could do that.

So that's what that song was about

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

heauuuuuuurrrghhhhhhhhhh

People are weird.

And gross.

So that's what that song was about

I WOULD DO AAANYTHING FOR LOVE

BUT I WONT BE YOUR GROSS STINKBOY

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    In the time it takes to listen to Scott & Scott's episode on Chronic Town, you could listen to Chronic Town six times

But I need to listen to the podcast first so that I will have heard of REM to listen to them in the first place.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

heauuuuuuurrrghhhhhhhhhh

They don't want Inquisitor stealth killing any more people.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Time for the nitpickiest nitpick ever

I hate the Bombcast episode titles and Brad is very bad at picking them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Meatloaf will definitley be your gross stinkboy

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    so, last boss of the DLC
    the Orphan and the Pthumerians. Whats the connection there, if at all? I assumed they were a civilization who abused the blood of Kos instead of the Moon Entity, but it seems like using the blood of Kos makes you more fishy, like the people in the Hamlet? and the Orphan seems exactly like a Pthumerian, but he's not in the past and in another dimension, so how could he create another civilization?
    So as far as I'm aware, there's no direct connection to the Pthumerians and Kos/Orphan, at least stated in game besides their general relation to the Great Ones. I assume the Pthumerians mostly had contact with Oedon, due to their ability to control blood as a weapon (the Queen, and the abilities granted to Vilebloods/Maria). The story is so open-ended pretty much any interpretation of events/motivations for the Great Ones you can give could fit.

Per the game, the body of Kos washes up off the Fishing Hamlet. The nascent hunters & researchers of Byrgenwerth are dispatched there, and violate the now mutated villagers seeking to understand what happened to them due to the Great One's influence. What may or may not have happened there, including to the unborn Orphan is left up to the viewer's interpretation, aside from the fact it so disgusted Maria she gave up her weapons. And Gehrman is clearly tormented by the Orphan's influence via the Hunter's Nightmare, you even get that small audio clue of his crying overlayed with the Orphan's at the end of the cut-scene before the fight, and the Doll's dialog to you should you kill the Orphan before the end of the game.

But given the whole, layered realities, even dying physically isn't death dying for Great Ones (or even Queen Yharnam), I don't suppose reverse causation and non-euclidean time stuff isn't out of the question here either.

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure. This means I can workshop my own theories without having missed an esteblished connection.

also I have fallen down a Bloodborne fansong youtube hole and I never wanna climb out

https://youtu.be/yYdxC6AEKz4

If you're really interested in some of the lore speculation stuff check out The Paleblood Hunt

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Time for the nitpickiest nitpick ever

I hate the Bombcast episode titles and Brad is very bad at picking them

Those 2 months where brad actually tried as a host were great

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Esp when Brad vocally contemplates a better podcast name during the show but then decides against, like when Jeff said ButtFuck Farms.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    A music book club podcast would be fun but its tough legally to play those bits of the songs and stuff, Ima fix wolves is a similar idea, though I'd be down for one that was broader than just hip hop

Who says you need to play clips of the song? We could just talk about them by track number and timecode if totally necessary. Though we'd have to stick to stuff that is available online streaming if we want the audience to follow along.

I think it always (theoretically, if you were challenged on it) falls on you to defend your use, but playing bits of the song on a show under the guise of critique seems like fair use to me

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I liked how in the recent Bombcast, they rolled from the Burnout Paradise remake news into the "Avril Lavigne is dead and has been replaced by a lookalike" meme without anyone batting an eye.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I liked how in the recent Bombcast, they rolled from the Burnout Paradise remake news into the "Avril Lavigne is dead and has been replaced by a lookalike" meme without anyone batting an eye.

Show me a single Grammy-nominated artist that isn't.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whats the time stamp on that, must have missed it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    For me the question is rarely why do people like X, but why don’t people like Y, where Y is a thing I like.

Like everyone should love Codename Steam and Kriegsspiel.

k3rht39p1wr6.jpg

I actually bought this a little while ago when you gave Invisible, Inc another shot! Given that I love most IS games and Valkyria Chronicles, Codename Steam should be up my alley; I've been meaning to give it a fair shake.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

Ben's always slipping things in without fanfare because Ben is good

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Having difficulty listening to R U Talkin' REM Re: Me? because I keep stopping to just go listen to REM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJB628tWEHk

I forgot Wolves, Lower rules

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I was thoroughly confused by that joke and actually went to wikipedia to make sure that it wasn't true.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's definitely a real conspiracy theory some people espoused for a while

• Options
    Who would be responsible for the lookalike

Like would the Lavigne estate commission someone to portray the deceased Avril

How ghoulish

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

I was thoroughly confused by that joke and actually went to wikipedia to make sure that it wasn't true.

Well it's not going to say it on wikipedia, anyone can edit that, including the feds

• Options
    Who would be responsible for the lookalike

Like would the Lavigne estate commission someone to portray the deceased Avril

How ghoulish

Typically in these sorts of situations, the estate doesn't know about it. Or is paid handsomely to play along

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    During the Bombcast they implied the Lavigne estate was being handled by the Nickelback people, but her and the Nickelback guy divorced years ago, and there's probably like no way he doesn't make more money than she does.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I personally loved Ben's "Fuck" at Jeff saying that situation "had to go make things so complicated."

It perfectly encapsulated someone so angry at an obvious joke, but also so mad at themself for not making it first.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I personally loved Ben's "Fuck" at Jeff saying that situation "had to go make things so complicated."

It perfectly encapsulated someone so angry at an obvious joke, but also so mad at themself for not making it first.

I wouldn't have any idea what that's like, really

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    So the whole Burnout Paradise/Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" thing, how much irony is involved there? I know people probably played a bunch of Burnout Paradise with that song playing over and over, but I missed the original zeitgeist and have played very little Burnout Paradise since it came out. Girlfriend is a decent song, but not one of my Avril faves.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    So the whole Burnout Paradise/Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" thing, how much irony is involved there? I know people probably played a bunch of Burnout Paradise with that song playing over and over, but I missed the original zeitgeist and have played very little Burnout Paradise since it came out. Girlfriend is a decent song, but not one of my Avril faves.

for some reason driving at 200 miles an hour while Girlfriend blasts makes a good song the best song

• Options

No no the irony one is Alanis Morrisett

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular

Lies!

James Joyce though

Goddamn you. Goddamn you to hell for reminding me of this.

• Options

Lies!

James Joyce though

Goddamn you. Goddamn you to hell for reminding me of this.

Something something fucking the farts out

• Options
    It's not really the butt for Joyce, much more the actual farts themselves

• Options
  • Options
    Dude liked him some stank

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I had to go three days without bathing when I had gallbladder surgery.

For the good of all that is decent in the world, bathe that stinkbutt

• Options
    I mean, I guess those letters are better than reading his novels.

This discussion has been closed.